• ...
1
 43
 2,540

SPT Chapter 8

Super Pony Taisen
Chapter 8 Shooting Star

Everything was quiet in the town of Neighsville; night has already fallen and everypony was already asleep. Many of the ponies in this town were pegasi and unicorns as this town was very close to the Equestrian gem mines. The unicorns would use their gem finding spells to find the precious stones while the pegasus ponies delivered them all over Equestria. In their dreams they were not aware of what would befall them this very night.

Underneath the streets, the Diamond Dogs were digging the tunnels they have carefully prepared over the last week. Tonight would be the time to strike.


A lone pegasus was still up and awake. Droplet was just an average weather pony preparing a light midnight snack in the kitchen when she heard strange sounds coming from the basement.

“Oh please don't tell me the neighbors cat got into the house again,” Frustrated at the prospect of having to shoo a cat out of her house she made her way downstairs with a candle-holder in her mouth.

The dark basement sent chills down her spine; she hoped that the cat wouldn't make any trouble so she could leave and finally eat her dandelion sandwich in peace before going back to bed. As she went deeper she could make out the sounds better. It almost sounded like some sort of thumping.

As she reached the bottom of the stairs the thumping sounds got louder. They seemed to be coming from the wall right in front of her. Droplet was scared out of her mind but she was determined to figure out what this sound was and held her head against the wooden wall.

Before her ear even touched it the tip of an iron pickaxe shot out of the spot next to her with a loud crack. Droplet immediately backed off from the wall before more pickaxes broke out of the wall. Frozen with fear she could only watch as the large dog like creatures came out of the newly formed hole.

The leader of the pack immediately spotted her and gestured to the other dogs to capture her. Droplet tried to flee but as she turned around and started to fly upstairs one of the Diamond Dogs grabbed her hoof. She fell on the floor while another diamond dog bound her wings and mouth with a rope. Droplet helplessly watched as more and more of the large brutes poured out of the tunnels, until finally another figure stepped out and her eyes widened with fear.

The mare of the moon herself emerged from the darkness, exactly like the statue the foals offered their candy to on Nightmare Night. If it wasn't for the rope around her mouth Droplet would have screamed in fear at the pitch black alicorn, but as it was now she couldn't do anything. For one moment it was like her heart stopped beating as Nightmare Moon looked directly at her with an evil smirk on her face.

“Very good, now catch the rest of the ponies in this town and make sure not to damage any of the pegasus wings, I have special plans for them.”

Droplet gulped and stared at the dark mare with wide eyes, silently wondering what the evil alicorn was planning.


In the skies over the desert Rainbow Dash could not possibly be any happier. After being stuck in the Kurogane for so long it felt good to fly again. Normally the cyan pegasus would speed around as fast as possible, but tonight she would enjoy the cool air around her. Looking up she saw a shooting star flying by. On the ground were several other ponies stargazing. Rainbow Dash chuckled; apparently she was not the only one who missed the sky.

The rainbow maned mare made a few more loops and dives before she heard somepony calling out her name. Fluttershy slowly flew up to her friend. With a sigh Rainbow Dash turned around. “Hi Fluttershy, something wrong?”

“I'm sorry to interrupt you, but Spark and Digger wanted to talk to you.” Fluttershy hated having to spoil her friends fun; after all, Rainbow Dash loved the sky more than anything, and being cooped up inside the Kurogane, underground of all things, must have been awful.

“It's okay, it's probably important and besides, now I can finally go for a flight anytime I want again,” Rainbow Dash said, and made her way down to the ground.


Spark and Digger already stood there, waiting for Rainbow Dash with the great news they were about to tell her.

“Ah Rainbow Dash, good to see you so happy,” Digger started cheerfully. “Don't worry, we'll make this quick so you can go back to flying.”

Spark took over, “We have inspected another airborne Personal Trooper that is not too badly damaged, and we think you are the perfect pilot for it.”

Rainbow Dash couldn't believe her luck; the cyan pegasus was grinning from ear to ear at this point. “Seriously, first I can finally practice my air stunts again and now I get a brand new PT?” Overjoyed, Rainbow Dash started to make some wild loops before Spark pulled her down with his magic.

“This also means you're going to have to do some specialized training. This PT has the highest speed of all, this is not something you should take lightly.” This however only encouraged Rainbow Dash, after all she loved to fly fast.

“Are you kidding? Flying and speed are what I was born for, this is perfect!” Before either of the stallions could squeeze in another word the rainbow maned pegasus already sped off. With a sigh Spark turned to his friend.

“I just hope this girl knows what she's getting herself into.”

Digger in turn just nodded and decided to change the subject. “By the way, have you found any information about the builders of the Kurogane?” Even with the war against Nightmare Moon going on, this was still Diggers priority.

Spark only shook his head, “Sorry, even though we're getting better with the consoles each passing day we couldn't find any information about the former crew.”

Digger hung his head low. It was eating him up that they found something so amazing as the technology of a different, far more advanced civilization and they didn't know anything about them. He felt like a bullied foal that had it's lunch snatched away and held just out of reach. With a sigh he tried to change the subject again. “At least all this new technology can help Equestria as soon as the war is over.”

A smile was forming on Spark's lips. “That's true, with a little bit of refitting we could use the Personal Troopers for all kinds of work, construction for example. Also I have an idea for a harness with two arms attached to it that will help earth and pegasus ponies to grab stuff.” Digger was not entirely sure how that was supposed to work and Spark saw the confused expression on his friend. “I know a doctor who specializes in neurology, basically all of our movements are derived from our brain sending electrical impulses through our nerves, to the muscles. If we can make those mechanical arms read the impulses we could make them move as if they were an ordinary body part.”

Digger was fascinated at this explanation, “Wow, I didn't know bodies and machines could interact that way.” The world of biology and the world of machines always seemed to be so far apart for Digger, just like archeology and engineering, yet here they are studying the Kurogane together.

Spark gleamed with pride, “But they do, and with the technology in the Kurogane we can make everyponies life so much easier.” Digger agreed with that but the next statement threw him off guard. “Of course earth ponies should come first.” What did Spark mean by that?

The blue unicorn saw Diggers puzzled expression. “Well, it's just that unicorns like me always have such a huge advantage with our magic. It's only fair that earth ponies profit first from any findings.” Spark could only think of his mother and all the troubles she had in her daily life in Canterlot; after all, that was his motivation from getting into engineering in the first place.

Digger didn't know what to say: In one hoof he appreciated the thought, but he also found it wrong to play favorites like that with something that should be available to everypony. It was the same with archeology; he uncovered pony history for all ponies, not just a select few who were allowed to learn. “I think the technology of the Kurogane should be for everypony equally, and it's not like the princess would allow such favorite playing.” Digger could understand his friends motivations, but it still made him feel awkward. The other pony’s expression grew darker.

“Oh, but a specialized school for unicorns and complete weather control to the pegasi is not playing favorites?” The tone in Sparks voice was getting annoyed, as if he couldn't believe he had to explain his opinion, and quite frankly, Digger found the direction in which this conversation was going bizarre too.

“Of course not, princess Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns is a MAGIC school, so of course earth and pegasus ponies can't attend, and in turn pegasi are the only ponies even capable of controlling the weather.” A few other ponies stood near the two friends but those either walked away or pretended not to hear anything. It was indeed a strange picture, a unicorn arguing that unicorns and pegasus ponies were over privileged while an earth pony was arguing against that.

Spark had enough of this. “It looks like we're not getting anywhere here. For the sake of our teamwork, let's just forget this conversation ever happened,” Digger was more than happy to oblige; the last thing they needed was infighting.


It has been a few days since the fateful night and Droplet was creating more storm clouds with the other pegasi. Soon after the Diamond Dogs took every single pony in her town prisoner they were separated by task. Most of the unicorns in her town knew the gem finding spell and had to dig the precious stones out for the greedy canines. The few earth ponies were mostly pulling the mine carts or were performing other menial tasks like serving food or cleaning. She and the other pegasus ponies, however, were under direct control of Nightmare Moon herself. The dark mare quickly explained that she wanted to make golems out of storm clouds so she could destroy the Elements of Harmony and the princesses.

The thought of helping with this made Droplet feel sick in her stomach, but the runes inscribed on her hoof reminded her that she had no other choice. Every slave had one of these; if they tried to flee Nightmare Moon could just use those teleportation runes to bring them back, and Droplet didn't even want to imagine the punishment that would await her.

After the last piece of cloud was attached four other pegasi lifted the large, red core up and lowered it into the storm cloud. The first time they still hoped that this wouldn't work but those hopes were crushed as, like now, the storm cloud took the shape of a bird and flew off to the area where all the other storm golems would await their orders.

Hanging her head low Droplet continued her task, hoping that the Elements of Harmony could defeat these golems somehow.


Three days later, Twilight and her friends sat together in the large tent that served as the surface-level mess hall enjoying their dinner. The past few days went well so far now that they could finally see the sky again. The warm rays of the sun at day and the elegant beauty of the night sky lifted everpony’s spirits.

Of course, now that they were above ground again, the area needed to be guarded at all times, but thanks to Cogwheel and the other two new pilots, the mares could still have some time together.

Today Rainbow Dash lead the discussion, mostly because whenever the topic was changed, she steered it right back onto her new PT, which she was gushing over like a filly showing of a new toy at school.

“I saw it for the first time this morning, it's so awesome.” Rainbow Dash practically squealed the last part. “It's lean, it's fast and the perfect PT for me.”

Twilight, who studied the machines with an interest she didn't hold for a long time, corrected her friend. “The Astelion is an Armored Module not a Personal Trooper.” The other mares stared at her confused.

“Other than Personal Troopers, AM's have been derived from a fighter jet, that is a combat machine similar to my Wildrautier in flight mode. They all come equipped with a so called Tesla Drive, a special form of booster that allows them to fly.” Her friends started to understand the difference as Twilight went on. “The Guarlion was one of those AM's while Pinkie’s Weissritter was a PT with a Tesla Drive attached to it. The Astelion on the other hoof has two of them on the shoulders.”

Rainbow Dash interrupted her, “You mean those things on the shoulders that are pointing forward?” Twilight just nodded in response.

The others have seen the Armored Module too; it looked a lot like the Guarlion, only with even slimmer limbs. The chest and head were elongated and curved to give better aerodynamics along with the almost flat shoulders. On top of those shoulders were the Tesla Drives that pointed farther forward than even the arms. The Tesla Drives also had missile batteries and stabilizing fins on the side at shoulders length.

All in all, the Astelion was build with speed in mind, and that's exactly how Rainbow Dash liked it. “Anyway, Spark told me the repairs will be done around afternoon tomorrow, then I can finally take it to a test flight.”

At this moment Cogwheel came into the tent and went over to the mares. “Hi girls, what's up?”

Pinkie jumped in front of him, “Oh Dashie just told us all about the Astelion. She said it's super duper fast, even faster than Weissie. Do you know how fast it can go? I wonder if Dashie can do a Sonic Rainboom with it.” Cogwheel smiled awkwardly while Pinkie Pie rambled on; her motormouth can be a little exhausting. Twilight decided to intervene.

“Hello Cogwheel, is it time to switch the guards again?”

Cogwheel nodded, “Yes, Spark said that it's Applejacks and Pinkies turn now.”

Pinkie Pie stopped her rambling and gave her friends a quick salute. “Okie dokie lokie, I'll see you later. Don't worry, nothing can surprise me with my Pinkie-Sense.” Then she hopped out of the tent.

“Well, see ya'll later.” Applejack tipped her hat and followed Pinkie.

After both mares left, the others gathered around the table again. Rarity asked Cogwheel if Spark and Digger made up again after their fight but the technopathic earth pony just shook his head sadly.

“Nothing so far, Spark firmly believes that earth ponies are not getting enough respect while Digger tries to explain that he can't just play favorites with the technology of the Kurogane.”

Word about the fight between the two got out fast. Twilight knew about Sparks problem, she often heard ponies complaining to princess Celestia that since unicorns have magic and pegasi have weather control that earth ponies should get some exclusive rights too. The princess had to agree that they had a point but the dilemma was that there was no way she could give earth ponies those exclusive rights without having to ban other ponies for no good reason.

“Poor Spark, seeing his earth pony mother struggle in a city designed for unicorns must have caused this resentment.” The others agreed with Twilight. “I can remember that princess Celestia considered giving earth ponies exclusive rights to farming and cultivating but that would have forced many unicorn and pegasus farmers to give up their farms.”

Rainbow Dash piqued in. “I think everypony is overreacting to this. It may be true that earth ponies lack magic and flight but with all the fancy tech of this ship that problem might be solved pretty soon.”

Somehow Twilight doubted that, but was willing to give hope a chance. “Maybe you're right Rainbow Dash. Spark already told me about some of his ideas that could even out things a little.”

“Count on it, with all of the inventions that are going to spring from the Kurogane I bet they could even make some artificial wings. Anyway, it's time for me to get some sleep. After all I've got an AM to test tomorrow.” Rainbow Dash flew out of the tent. It was getting kinda late and the rest of team M6 was getting tired too.

“Well girls, I think Rainbow Dash has the right idea. I'm going to tuck Sweetie Belle and her friends in and get some beauty sleep.” After saying good night they made their way towards their own sleeping tents to get ready for the next day.


The following afternoon it was time for Twilight, Rarity and Fluttershy to guard the dig site while the others were sleeping. Twilight was currently in flight mode and flew large circles around the camp; nothing was out of the ordinary. Suddenly the intercom crackled into existence, Raritys bored looking face appeared on the side of Twilights screen.

“Have you seen anything unusual?”

“No, Nightmare Moons golems didn't attack for quite some time.” Twilight was more worried than glad about this. “I just hope she's not gathering golems for a mass assault.”

Rarity also became uneasy at the thought, as powerful as their robots were they could still be steamrolled by pure quantity. “Let's hope that's not the case. By the way isn't Rainbow Dash currently in the hangar?”

“Yes, she's doing some last calibrations with the engineering team. I'm so excited about seeing the Astelion in action.” The purple mare was now shifting around in her seat and the now loopy flight path of the Wildraubtier reflected that.

Rarity rolled her eyes, after a while the shock and awe at the large machines began to die down at least a little, but Twilight was still as excited about them as a little filly with her Hearth Warmings Eve gift.

“Now now Twilight, calm down. Besides, we've already seen it so it's not like it's gonna be some big surprise.”

“Still, I want to see how fast it can go. I wonder if Rainbow Dash can perform a Sonic Rainboom with it.” Twilight was lost in her thoughts; there was something more about these robots than just academic interest.

As a filly, Twilight was very picky when it came to toys. Not that she was spoiled, but somehow all of her toys were lacking something she just couldn't put her hoof on. The purple unicorn tried to imagine something, a small plastic model of the Wildraubtier. Something clicked in her mind, toy robots. Maybe after Nightmare Moon is stopped for good she could try and contact some toymakers to tell them about her idea. Before she could let her imagination wander any further she was shaken out of her thoughts by a frantic Rarity.

“Twilight, what is that on the horizon?”


“How long do I have to wait? Can't I just do the test flight now and you check on this operation system later?” Rainbow Dash was really annoyed, after almost bouncing towards her new machine, she was told that they had to make some adjustments and that she had to wait. At first she thought this would only be a quick checkup but no, it's almost been an hour and she was still stuck in the launching dock.

The cockpit of the Astelion was vastly different; instead of having screens to the front and sides it was almost like the walls didn't exist. For Rainbow Dash it looked like her seat was hovering in mid-air with all the technical data floating in the air in front of her.

Cogwheel sighed behind the computer screen; they just learned about operating systems and programming days ago, and even with all the guides waiting in the bridge computer, it was still difficult to figure out. “Sorry Dash, but the OS is important. It tells the machine what to do so you don't self destruct when you just want to raise the arm. Just be glad that the Astelion is so similar to the Guarlion, this way we have a reference.”

Rainbow Dash scoffed, “Couldn't you have done that YESTERDAY?”

“Oh come on, I have to sleep too you know. Also, due to my special talent with machines, Spark and Digger deemed that I should be the only one doing any programming for now, since I can tell if I've done something wrong.”

Before they could continue to bicker the alarms went off and Diggers panicked voice shouted through the ship.

“Attention entire crew, we're being attacked by golems. Evacuation crews are to go up and rescue everypony who didn't flee yet, all PT pilots go to the hangar now!”

Rainbow Dash cursed under her breath. “We don't have time for adjustments, let me out NOW!”

“You can't! The Astelion would probably ignore half of your commands!”

Rainbow Dash cursed again; her friends were in danger and she couldn't do anything.


Chaos reigned outside, the strange storm clouds that Rarity spotted turned out to be a new kind of golem. The storm clouds took the form of birds and thunder crackled through their bodies. Like vultures. they drew their circles over the camp raining bolts of lighting down on it. Twilight, Fluttershy. and Rarity. tried their best to hit them but they were too high for any attacks from the ground to hit them. and Twilight quickly became their prime target, making it impossible for her to get a clear shot.

A purple energy beam shot past one of the bird-like storm clouds as Twilight’s shot was thrown off again because she needed to evade yet another lighting bolt. The purple unicorn knew she couldn't keep this up; the Wildraubtier just wasn't fast and agile enough for this.

Almost all of her friends PT's were in bad shape too; none of the Gespenst’s could fight anymore, Fluttershy lost the twin beam cannons and even the Alteisen lost the machine gun arm. Only Pinkie Pie remained unharmed, probably thanks to her Pinkie-Sense, but faced the same problem as Twilight. The best Pinkie could do at this point was to blindly shoot at the storm golems, hoping to hit the core.

Suddenly one of the storm golems dispersed; Pinkie Pie managed to get a lucky shot at it.

“Did you girls see that? I got one!”

The pink ponies small victory was cut short as another lightning bolt descended. In the nick of time the white robot dodged the lighting. Pinkie could feel her hair getting frizzled by the large amount of electricity. “Missed m- AUGH!”

It was a trap, while she evaded one lightning bolt three others descended around her. One of them struck the Weissritter right in the back, the fins were immediately destroyed and the boosters died down. The white and blue robot fell down towards the dunes with the pilot screaming inside the cockpit.

Applejack saw her friend and rushed towards the landing point. Thunder struck around her. but the Alteisen managed to dodge them. One of the storm golems flew after the falling Weissritter.

“Ah hay no ya won't.” There was no way she'll let those monster kill one of her friends, so Applejack opened up the large containers on the Alteisen’s shoulders. Like a mouth, two armor plates opened up, and a rapid volley of titanium balls shot towards the storm golem.

The golem had no chance as around two dozen of the claymores hit it and detonated. As the storm clouds dispersed Applejack used the remaining arm of the Alteisen to catch Pinkie Pie.

“Are ya'll alright Pinkie?”

The farmer was panicked as she opened the communication channel. Pinkie was not moving and hung limply in her seat.

Tears formed in Applejack’s eyes, was she too late? Then the pink hooves of her friend started to twitch and the orange earth pony breathed a sigh of relief as Pinkie woke up.

“Owwie, what happened?” The hyperactive pony seemed to be a little dizzy but otherwise she was fine.

“Oh Pinkie, never scare me like dat again.”

They managed to take two golems down but six more circled the sky. Pinkie Pie picked up the oxtongue rifle that fell down right next to her and continued shooting at the storm golems.

The battle looked bad for the ponies, the six remaining golems seemed to focus on the Wildraubtier and Twilight couldn't get a single shot in between anymore. Twilight gave the energy display a quick glance, one more shot with the hyperbeam rifle and she wouldn't be able to fly anymore.

Twilight almost gave up the hope to win this battle until something came out of the cave. Two missiles shot out of the cave and collided with one of the remaining golems. As the missiles exploded all attention was directed at the cave entrance. Like a shooting star, the Astelion shot out of the cave and was already high up in the sky.


The ponies on the bridge looked at the fight through the cameras of the PT's. Fear was dominant in all of them as they watched how effortlessly the storm golems tore through the PT's. Digger looked at the Cutie Mark Crusaders, who demanded to know if the mane six were okay and already wanted to get them out of the room. If this didn't turn out to all right, he did not want them to see it.

He approached the scared fillies as her heard an explosion coming from the screen. He turned around just in time to see one of the storm golems going down in flames. Rainbow Dash's face appeared on one of the screens.

“Alright, let me show you how it's done.”

Behind Digger, the small fillies faces lightened up again as they saw the Astelion take flight, and Scootaloo showed an expression of deep awe and admiration.

“She's so cool.”


Rainbow Dash struggled to keep control of the Astelion as the g-force pushed her into the seat, but she still managed to keep a tight grip on the controls. Cogwheel managed to finish the last adjustments on the OS just in time.

Lightning cracked around the lean, white robot as the storm golems focused their attention towards it. Effortlessly Rainbow Dash managed to dodge every single arc of lightning, thanks to the Astelion’s speed and agility and to her own reflexes that have been honed by years of practicing high speed flying stunts.

The Astelion performed a barrel roll as the golem she aimed at attacked her again and deactivated the sonic breaker. A steady stream of bullets shot out of the two small holes in it's chest and pierced the golems core. As the clouds dispersed, a confident smirk formed on Rainbow Dash’s face. “Alright, time to show them what Ponyville’s top weather pegasus can do.” The storm golems stopped circling over the encampment and instead flew towards the Astelion in a V Formation.

The Astelion sped up again but this time she was on the height of the golems as she flew directly at them. Twilight opened a channel, “No! You'll get electrocuted if you ram them.”

“I'm not gonna ram them, you and Pinkie better start aiming.”

Twilight realized what Rainbow Dash was planning, she flew close to the ground and landed in PT mode with the Hyperbeam rifle aimed at one of the golems.

The Astelion continued dodging the lightning strikes as it flew towards the storm golems. With just a few more meter distance left between them Rainbow Dash suddenly shifted her direction. Instead of flying into the golems directly, she flew past them. Rainbow Dash was so close to them that she felt her fur standing up with all the electricity.

At the ground Pinkie Pie wondered why Rainbow Dash did that, until she saw something glowing softly within the enchanted stormclouds, and then she realized it too. By flying past them Rainbow Dash created a gust of wind that would blow the clouds apart. The magical hold the orb had over the storm cloud was too strong to completely disperse them but now Pinkie and Twilight had a clear shot.

Two energy beams, one in purple and one in yellow were shot into the sky, destroying two more of the storm golems. Two more golems down, three to go.

Rainbow Dash let out a triumphant laugh as she looked behind her. “And now, the grand finale!” After getting more distance to the remaining golems, Rainbow Dash took a sharp turn. “Let's so how fast this thing can really go.” With that she pushed the speed pedal all the way down to the ground. The G-forces felt as if an Ursa was pushing her against the seat, but Rainbow Dash didn't let this distract her.

More missiles were launched from the batteries on the Astelion’s shoulders. It was a truly amazing sight to see the Astelion practically dance between its own missiles, shooting new ones every time it evaded another lightning strike. After all the missiles were shot Rainbow Dash pulled up and fireworks erupted as just a second later the missiles hit their targets.

Everypony on the ground watched the spectacle in awe as the Astelion made a loop and descended onto the ground. The pilots of the damaged PT's now left their cockpits, still shaken by the fact that they have been defeated so easily earlier.

Digger made his way up to the surface and to the Astelion with the Cutie Mark Crusaders in tow. As Rainbow Dash got out of the Astelion, Scootaloo rushed forward and tackled her idol.

“Oh Rainbow Dash you were so cool! I mean you are always cool but now even more than ever before!” A confident grin was plastered on Rainbow Dash’s face as she soaked up the fillies praise.

“Well, what do you expect from the fastest flier in Equestria? I'm just glad that Cogwheel finished that damn operating system in time.” Finally, everypony was assembled.

Digger frowned as he surveyed the damage, “Damn, only the Astelion, the Wildraubtier and the Weissritter are still capable of fighting and the Weissritter’s fins need to be fixed in order to fly again.” Out of nowhere Pinkie pulled Digger into a hug.

“Aaw don't be all saddy-waddy, Dashie here is fast enough for everypony who's out of action for now. She can defeat all the baddies in ten seconds flat.”

“Of course I can! In fact, with the Astelion I ca...woah!”

Suddenly the ground began to rumble and sand golems emerged from the ground. A good dozen of them surrounded the ponies. The Cutie Mark Crusaders retreated behind the adults while Dash flew back into the Astelion’s cockpit.

“You jerks just don't know when to quit don't you?”

Dinky shivered as she stared at the nearest golem. She wished so much that she just stayed home where her mommy could protect her. One of the golems formed a large ball of sand in its palm. To their horror the ponies on the ground noticed that the golems did not concentrate on the Astelion but instead they were facing them.

Rainbow Dash cursed as she noticed that she wasted all of her missiles on the storm golems. Her eyes quickly scanned for the first golem that tried to make its move but to her horror she saw that they were all in synch. There was no way for her to stop them and soon her friends and the children would be buried under several tons of sand.

Twilight and the other frantically looked for an escape route.

“Digger, take the fillies and get them underground while we distract the golems.” Said Twilight to the earth pony archeologist and then she turned towards the Cutie Mark Crusaders. “You have to follow Digger my little ponies, he'll get you back to the Kurogane.”

“But what about the rest of you?” Protested Sweetie Belle.

Rarity gently nudged her sister towards Digger, “Don't worry Sweetie Belle, we'll manage somehow.”

The fillies broke into a gallop towards Digger as they heard a familiar voice.

“LEAVE THEM ALONE!”

An incredibly fast object descended from the sky and hovered in the air above the ponies. Rainbow Dash got closer to the strange newcomer, to everyponies shock it was a robot. It was silver with purple joints and looked like it was wearing some sort of knight armor. The feet looked like a birds talons, and fins on it's back that looked like it had three pairs of wings. In its right hand it held a regal but also medieval looking sword with a golden grip. As Rainbow Dash flew around she also noticed some sort of tail sticking out of its backside.

Inside the Kurogane the bridge crew frantically searched the archives. As soon as the strange robot appeared Spark gave the order to search for any information on it. Spike, who also watched the fight from the bridge went up to Spark.

“Spark, I know that voice!”

“What? Who is the pilot of that thing.”

Before Spike could answer one of the bridge ponies shouted for Spark.

“Sir, I found it. This new robot is called Cybuster.”


Inside the Cybuster, a pegasus pony was glaring at the sand golems from her seat. The cockpit was egg shaped and the screens around it had a beehive pattern. At heads height, two cats were sitting next to the pilot, one white as snow, and the other midnight black. The strangest thing though was that the cats spoke.

“Alright Ms. You can take them all out at once, just remember what we told you.” Started the white cat.

“Also don't worry about the ponies, since you don't see them as enemies they won't get hurt.” Continued the black one.

The pegasus nodded and gripped the control sticks tightly. The Cybuster held the sword in front of itself.

A small, light purple unicorn filly stared at it with big eyes.

“Mommy?”

The ponies around her were shocked. Was that really Derpy in this knight looking robot? The question was quickly answered by an angry shout.

“YOU ARE NOT GOING TO HURT MY LITTLE MUFFIN!”

The blade of the sword glowed in a bright blue light.

“CY-FLASH!”

A huge wave of energy erupted and quickly engulfed the entire battlefield. Twilight and the others closed her eyes as the energy wave was approaching them. Expecting to be killed by the large amount of energy, everypony was surprised that it didn't hurt; in fact it almost felt good.

The golem did not have such luck and the energy wave blew the sand apart and pulverized the core. Only the Cybuster, the Astelion and the ponies on the ground remained after the energy wave died down.

Slowly both robots landed close to the ponies, who were still gaping in awe at their savior. The armor at the neck split open and out of it came a gray coated, blond pegasus. Dinky rushed over to her mother. Tears of joy were in the eyes of mother and child as Derpy landed and embraced Dinky.

“Oh little muffin, I'm so glad you are okay.” Derpy almost cried as she nuzzled her daughter affectionately.

“I'm sorry mommy, I promise I'll never run away like this again.” Dinky was overjoyed at being reunited with her mother.

The others wanted to ask Derpy where she found this machine, but none of them had the heart to break this scene up.

Then Fluttershy noticed something else coming out of the cockpit. Two cats, one white and the other black gracefully landed on the ground. Fluttershy let out a small squeak as she saw them. It has been so long since she had any animals to keep her company.

“Oh hello you two, my name is Fluttershy.”

“Nice to meet you Fluttershy, my name is Schwarz and this is my brother Weiß. Say, are you alright? You look a little pale.” Fluttershy went completely motionless as the black cat started to talk.

“You nimwit, she's surprised because she's not used to talking cats.” Said the white cat.

The others who witnessed the scene also had various different looks of surprise and shock on their faces. Finally the exhaustion, mixed with the sudden shock over the talking felines, got the better of the ponies and they all fainted. Derpy noticed that all the other ponies except her daughter who still had a vice grip on her were unconscious.

“I guess I've got some explaining to do.”


Authors note: Yes I just gave Derpy the Cybuster whoohoo. Also I know that the cat's names are Kuro and Shiro in the games and anime but let's say I don't want to spoiler too much. As for the location of the Cybuster cockpit, I've seen a few episodes of the Cybuster anime and there the cockpit was located in the neck too. Too bad I couldn't find the rest though, I was so close to see what they did with the Granzon in that anime.