• Published 18th Jun 2013
  • 2,705 Views, 86 Comments

The Day My Life Began - Authora97



Drum roll please! (Insert drum noise here) It is the Prequel to 'The Day My Life Ended'! The moment you have been waiting for, so please. Read...

  • ...
14
 86
 2,705

PreviousChapters Next
Getting My Affairs in Order

Staring at the small dragon before me, I began to question how or even why the Story would do that to me. If anything I'd think it want to screw me over.

I calmly turned to Fluttershy with the kindest and least surprised face I could muster.

“Thanks for the help Ms. Fluttershy, I would kindly appreciate it if I could speak with her alone.”

Fluttershy squeaked an okay and walked out of the house. I waited until the yellow pegasus was a speck in the distance before moving or letting the dragon speak.

Turning to the little dragon, I tried to think of what her name would be so I could scream properly.

Fuck it.

“AH!” Running over to the living room I kept screaming.

“Mommy are you okay? You're acting kinda strange."

"No I'm not! Just give me a second okay!” I yelled back.

The lilac colored dragon chased me around the living room while I kept screaming. This was too weird.

“Are you sure you’re alright Mommy? That nice pegasus brought you home, did you get a boo-boo?”

Oh God, that sounded adorable. Just like Boo.

I kept trying to avoid the dragon, just as I got some ideas for a name. It was either Lavender or Indigo. Decisions, decisions.

“No! Just like I told Fluttershy, I’m fine!” I yelled.

Finally, I was stopped by taking a quick glance at the dragon. We locked eyes.

‘Dear God, the sadness coming of those eyes. Such confusion and fear. I can feel it tainting my soul, how is this happening? Why am I feeling this way? It could be guilt, but this feels stronger. More scarring.’ Then, it clicked. Just like with Twilight and Spike, Raspberry must’ve hatched the dragon egg. This means I have...

‘Motherly guilt. The fire that burns most deep.’

Slowly moving towards the dragon, a thought flashed my mind as quick as whenever I got all those names during Jumps.

“Lilac,” The dragon continued to look at me. “I’m sorry, I’m just...excited to hear about Summer Sun Celebration coming up.” It was then, I finally noticed a bunch of boxes scattered around the floor. Some empty, some half-full and some just overflowing.

Okay, we recently moved here. Into Ponyville. Oh what fun.

Placing one hoof on the small dragon that had been calling me mommy, I gave her the most sincere look I could muster. “How about we finish un-packing? We’re going to have an exciting week and I would like to have the place all clean before then. Now, can you give your mother a nice, big smile?”

Lilac nodded, the guilt vanished from me and an adorable smile was placed on the dragon’s face.

“Joy.” I said emotionlessly. “Let’s get to unpacking. We’re gonna have a rough couple days.”

Then, I engaged in the second most hated activity. Unpacking boxes.


The next three hours were spent unpacking. It was a lot of work, but I managed to figure out how my horn worked. We had three rooms set up. One was mine, the smallest one was Lilac’s and the third medium room was a guest room. The other rooms had some furniture looking a couple years old.

Surprisingly, ponies had indoor plumbing.

When I collapsed upside down onto the tan couch. Lilac did the same but with our love seat. I don't even know how this furniture fit in such small boxes, but I'll assume it was the Magic of Cartoons again.

During the unpacking, I found some pictures. One was of a large group of ponies, and me. They kinda looked like my family, except the last one. She looked like Darcy but a pegasus. How exciting.

I placed a couple pictures of them around the living room. It felt nice to have pictures of ponies like them here. I almost never spent time with them, not like I wanted to. They just didn't understand.

“So,” I said, I heard Lilac move around on the couch, “I have a few weird questions I want you to answer.”

“What kinda questions Mommy?” That’s gonna take some getting used to.

“Just, plain questions.” I shuffled to right side up. “Can you tell me about my family?”

The blue and purple dragon titled her head, opening her mouth to ask a question.

“Just please answer the question Lilac.” I ordered.

Her midnight blue eyes widened a little, she moved about on the couch until she was sitting up. She twiddled with her little thumbs. “Well, Grandma Star Charmer, Grandpa Lighting Chaser, Uncle Sunny Flash and Uncle Steel Masquerade aren't around any more. Aunt Killjoy-” I held up a hoof.

“Aunt Killjoy?” I said.

“Uh-huh.”

Staring wide-eyed at the dragon, I processed that name.

“Killjoy? My sister’s name is Killjoy?” Lilac nodded. I tossed around in laughter on my couch.

“Mommy? Are you okay?” The dragon asked.

“Bwahaha! Oh! Oh man! Oh man that is good. That is good. Tell me more. Tell me more!” I said, still laughing.

Lilac stared at me funny for a second before carrying on. “Aunt Killjoy-” I chuckled. “Is traveling the world. After Grandma, Grandpa, Uncle Sunny and Uncle Mask passed away…”

“Passed away?”

“They died when I was still a baby. Why an i explaining this to you Mommy?” Lilac asked.

“I'm making sure I haven't lost my mind.” I lied. “How did they die?”

“Somepony broke into the house. Aunt Killjoy, you and me were camping that night. We got back and you got so sad, Aunt Killjoy got all angry and didn't come back for a few days.”

I'm gonna take a guess and say she didn't go find the stallion that killed our family to play chess.

“But a few months ago you wanted to move out of Grandpa and Grandma’s house. Sk we moved to Ponyville. Did I do good Mommy?”

“Perfect. I'll get you a treat later. Let’s get some sleep so we can be rested for the Summer Sun Celebration.” I told the dragon who happened to yawn a second later.

Lilac hoped off the couch, walking towards the stairs just as the sunset in the distance.

This was gonna be a fun Jump.

Author's Note:

Felt like I needed to post this one, since DMLE is just a few chapters away from the ending. Plus, it just needed to be said.
Comment, like and favorite. Any bitching comments will be deleted and/or I will find you and kill you :pinkiesmile:

PreviousChapters Next