• Published 18th Jun 2013
  • 2,704 Views, 86 Comments

The Day My Life Began - Authora97



Drum roll please! (Insert drum noise here) It is the Prequel to 'The Day My Life Ended'! The moment you have been waiting for, so please. Read...

  • ...
14
 86
 2,704

PreviousChapters Next
Back to Equestria with me… and Darcy

I landed in the same place I did before. With a quick second, I remembered I hadn’t found that spell to numb pain yet, and if I did I didn’t remember it. Letting the pain slowly (and agonizingly) come and go, I looked over to see a blood red pegasus waiting near me. She too was trying to block out the pain. Her straight mane was the same as it was in the picture I found, same for her coat.

“I’m going to kill you one of these days.” My sister groaned as I slowly got feeling my ears.

“Come back to me on that.” I groaned, slowly lifting myself up. “I should really do some more work on finding a spell-”

“Woah. Sis, you look... pink.” Darcy interrupted.

“You look red, your point?” I asked.

Darcy looked momentarily confused before slowly standing up and noticing she was standing on all fours. She lifted her head up and glared.

“Now I’m gonna murder you slowly.”

“Good luck with that, you don’t even the fingers to do it.” I taunted.

“Shut up.” Darcy said. She noticing something else about us. “Wait...if we’re sisters, than why am I a pegasus and you’re a unicorn?”

“Pony Dad was a pegasus, Pony Mom was a unicorn. Saw them in a photo, we don’t look like either of them.”

Darcy laughed. “Of course we don’t, we’re too awesome to look like anybody.”

“It’s anypony here.”

“Ponyville, anypony, this place has a lot of puns I’m guessing.”

“Everypony, nopony, Canterlot, hay fries, and so so much more!”

“NO!” Darcy yelled, fainting dramatically. Or simply falling, I don’t know.

Laughing, I realized I was still exhausted. I’ve been up for almost...twenty-six hours minus a two hour nap. Dang, I needed some sleep. “Come on, we need to get to the house. Also, the dragon’s name is Lilac.”

Darcy nodded, slowly getting up and walking towards me. “Great. What’re our names?”

“Raspberry Stardust” Darcy snickered “And Killjoy.” She stopped.

“Up yours.” She growled.

“Great. I’m tired now.” I said, unceremoniously falling asleep.


Darcy Anderson/Killjoy


This is why I’m the better twin. Look at her! Falling asleep right before Morgan can take me to our house! Just what I needed!

Ugh... I guess I’ll just have to search around. Shouldn’t be too hard right?

*growl*

Scratch that.

Turning around, I noticed a very big lion/bat/scorpion thing. It’s fur was mustard yellow, it’s hair was red like my coat but the rest looked purple. It had big sharp teeth, slowly growling at me and the unconscious unicorn behind me.

“Hello.” I said.

He growled, making some spit fly onto my face.

“Nice to meet you too.” I said, wiping some spit off. “And just when I thought I wouldn’t get to have any fun.”

With that, I jumped up and tried punching the lion/bat/scorpion thing right in it’s face. It backed up but growled fiercely.

“Come on Kitty, whatcha gonna do now?” I taunted.

It pounced.

“Forgot cats could do that.” I said.

Picking my sister up, I rested her on my back as the lion started falling. “You really need to lose weight, sis.” I told her.

I began running off, trying to avoid the cat where it would have landed on us both.

“Okay. I’ll come back for you later, Kitty, I need to drop of this sack at her house.” I said.

The hybrid animal landed, it’s head hitting the ground with a *thud*

I almost winced. “Next time, use your head. Cat’s are supposed to land on their feet.”

With that, I saluted the creature and ran off in a random direction. Why did Morgue always have to fall asleep when cool stuff happened?


Morgan/Raspberry


“Hey, Sis, wake-up! You got some company!”

“Ugh...”

Lifting up my head, I noticed I was in my bedroom in Ponyville. Looking around the place, I noticed that the door was open wide. Boxes were placed all around as well as different types of furniture. What?

“Razz! Get your butt moving!”

Darcy? Err...Killjoy?

Climbing out of the bed, I slowly made my way down the stairs.

“What was so important I had to be… woken……up.” I trailed off.

There, standing in my doorway was Princess Celestia and Princess Luna. They both had their heads high, both giving stoic faces. Princess Luna’s looked way more scary than Celestia’s.

“Hello.” I greeted, trying to find Darcy/Killjoy. “Hey, Killjoy?”

A silver head appeared from around a corner. “Hiya big sis.” Killjoy greeted.

“Killjoy...have you been a good sister?” I asked her, motioning with my eyes towards the Princesses.

The red pegasus shrugged. “Maybe I was, maybe I wasn’t. But I can tell you I wasn’t a great cook.”

“Ugh,” I groaned. I put on a smile and turned to the Royal Sisters. “Would you like to have a seat?”

They nodded and we began.


My memories are very funny. The bodies I get placed in have some memories in them, major events or ones that impacted them emotionally. Like, this body has memories of her birthday as well as the first day of school. The day her brothers were born, sketchy memories of the day they died and… the day she found Lilac.

Celestia did not sit down, nor did Luna. They both just stared at me as I did. When the dragon in question woke up, the three of us kept talking.

I told them I had planned on moving here because of a feeling I was having, that it felt like my destiny was here.

Apparently, these two did their research too. I learned some new things about this life. I was born with my cutiemark on my flank, so they asked me what it meant.

I told them it meant everything and nothing. I could twist the very fabric of reality simply by existing. Each and every motion I made was done with good intentions, even if they had bad results.

But mostly, it meant that I loved to read.

There was an awkward minute long conversation on Killjoy’s bloody knife cutiemark and some even more awkward silence. She did not stop laughing afterwards.

It soon got to the point where Princess Luna asked how I knew of her coming. I noticed Killjoy had to hold back saying ‘that’s what she said’. I told her in my line of work it was a safe bet to know most folklore just in case they were more than just bedtime stories.

Celestia shot back and asked what line of work I was in. I said,

“I work everywhere, they just don’t know it yet.”

Just around two hours after they arrived, they finally asked how I found Lilac.

“Ugh! Razzle can you just tell them so they can go and I can take a nap?” Killjoy groaned.

For the better part of an hour, she had been calling me Razzle. She made a stupid joke about my work, saying I gave my coworkers the ole Razzle Dazzle. It was payback for Killjoy, I just know it.

“Killjoy, shut up!” I almost laughed/groaned at her. My sister just gave me a puppy dog face with her big purple eyes. “That hadn’t worked since we were foals, stop it!”

I could hear Lilac giggling next to me. Luna was the same.

“We must say, Ms. Stardust, thy relationship with thy sister is most… unbecoming.“ The night princess said.

Killjoy spoke up first. “Yeah, but it’s a process. She gets on my nerves, I get on her’s. In my mind the day is not find until I give Razzle a migraine.”

Celestia raised a brow. “Alright, Ms. Killjoy.” She turned to me. “You were about to explain, Raspberry.”

“Yes! It all started a long time ago when I was a foal. I already had my cutiemark, KJ had her’s, I don’t think Sunny Flash or Steel Masquerade had their’s though.” I started.

“Who art this Sunny Flash and Steel Masquerade?” Luna asked.

“Our brothers. They died at a young age, if I can recall, along with our parents.”

Celestia nodded. “I apologize, losing one's family at a young age-”

“Trust me, Celestia, that’s not the worst to happen to me in my lifetime.” I told the wide eyed Princess.

“HOW DARE THE INTERRUPT THOU’S PRINCESS!” Luna yelled.

It was silent for a moment. Or my eardrums stopped working.

“Woah. I didn’t think Razzle was telling the truth about the Royal Canterlot Voice.” Killjoy laughed, checking her ears for bleeding.

I checked mine and Lilac’s. We were all good. “Easy, Luna, if one wants to be treated like a close friend, titles are nothing but extra words.

“Back to my story. So, only half of us had our cutiemarks and Steel was trying to show us three his latest attempt at gaining one. He was working on some strange device that would locate an nearby life form and the coordinates would appear on a screen. It was to help in cases of national emergency to help find survivors.”

“A foal made such a complex sounding device?” Celestia asked.

“Steel Mask was gonna be an inventor. The two of us, Mom and Dad knew it, but he and Sunny, not so much.” Killjoy said, surprising herself with her knowledge.

“Yeah. He was showing us how it was supposed to work when a little red light was going off.”

“I made a joke, saying it was telling Mask to hurry it up.” Killjoy laughed.

“But Steel said it wasn’t supposed to do that, unless something was about to injure them. It was a safety precaution just in case ponies would in a collapsed tunnel and rocks were still falling. So, just to check, Sunny and I looked up.” To add to the effect, I slowly started looking up at the ceiling.

I saw the others look up too.

“Pray tell, why art We gazing upon thy ceiling?” Luna asked.

“No reason. Just adding effect.” I answered. “And wouldn’t ya know it, we both saw something start to fall. It looked about as big as Steel. Of course, the two of us told Killjoy and Steel. Sunny wanted to get Mom and Dad until I told him they were at a work meeting.

“We just watched the strange thing until we noticed it was headed straight for us, hence why the little red light was blinking, so Killjoy and Sunny moved Steel’s device back inside. Steel stayed with it as the thing landed right where it had been.

“It was smoking for a couple seconds, fading away as it cooled down. Looking inside, I found a purple and blue egg inside the crater.” I explained.

“Hahaha! Mom and Dad got home and had panic attacks! They kept saying how we could’ve been killed!” Killjoy laughed. “Razzle had told them that she wanted to keep the egg, ‘to remind her of the day she didn’t’.”

I nodded, that memory coming up for this body. “After three months of watching it, wrapping it up in almost every blanket I could find, singing to it, talking to it,”

“That one incident where I drew on it.” Killjoy added.

“And just about everything else, I felt something I hadn’t felt in a really long time. A magic outburst.

“When I came out of it,” I rubbed Lilac’s midnight blue head scales “this little beauty was crying her big blue eyes out. I named her after the color of her scales and fed her some crushed up apples mixed with brushed up bananas.”

“Bananas are good, full of potassium.” Killjoy laughed.

“Word to the wise, never go to a party without one.” I told Celestia and Luna. “Mom and Dad came home later and saw the little dragon and had another panic attack session. I told them to shut up, it was Lilac’s nap time and she had been thru a hard day.

“That’s the story of Lilac Melody Stardust.” I finished.

“For more information, call 5477-69-177 or Kiss-My-Ass.” Killjoy joked, making me giggle but Lilac gasped.

“You said a no-no word!” Lilac said, pointing at Killjoy.

“Yes I did. I hold no shame.” KJ said.

“You never have shame.” I laughed, almost dryly.

“Good point.”

I turned to the Princess and gave them hoofbumps. “Thank you your majesties. Be sure to come by again, but send word. I need to make sure Killjoy is decent.” I told them

“If that was on the list of thing for this visit, they never would’ve come thru the front door!” Killjoy laughed and the Princess walked out said door.

“Yes.” Celestia smiled. “Thank, Ms-”

“Just Raspberry will do.”

Ms. Raspberry for letting us into you home. I hope to meet you again.” Celestia with a gentle nod.

“With my luck it won’t be too far along!” Killjoy said from inside.

Luna held back I smirk, I could see it. “Yes. Thank you, Raspberry Stardust, Killjoy and Lilac. It was a delightful engagement and We wish we could’ve stayed longer. Good night.”

It was then I noticed, the sun was about to set.

“Alright. Have a good night.” I said, waiting for the two to be a distance away before closing the door.

I looked over at Killjoy, her purple eyes gleaming the way they always were.

“I didn’t know it was an engagement, but I did know you played both sides.” Killjoy mocked.

I groaned, loudly enough for Lilac to giggle. “I think you accomplished your daily goal.” Rubbing my head with my hoof, I watched as Killjoy jumped for joy.

“Yes! Another day successful!”


Third Person


Celestia looked at her sister as the sun set behind them.

“You plan to see into her dreams tonight?” Celestia asked.

Luna nodded. “Of course, sister, something about Ms. Stardust and her sister does not fit.”

Celestia nodded. Thinking of Raspberry gave her a strange feeling inside her. It was telling her to trust the unicorn, but to also be weary.


Dreamland


Luna searched thru the dream of Raspberry Stardust. A strange dream it was. The whole place looked larger, mushrooms had signs saying eat me and the flies looked like large pony with their legs stuck to a crescent shape wood (horse flies) while others looked like dragons (dragonflies). The flower were as big as houses and talked.

She believed she saw Twilight Sparkle as a rabbit, wearing a top hat and going on about it being late for some important date.

The Princess of the night kept flying, until she noticed the first area of grayness since her arrival.

She floated down to it and surveyed the area. It all looked as if it had been burned down to the dirt itself. Smoke still rose from the ground here and there. In the center, she saw a large table covered in tea pots and teacups and plates and silverware and biscuits and little glasses saying drink me.

“Nice spread huh?” A voice asked.

Luna spread her midnight wings, showing the unknown presence to fear her. It took a moment for her to notice the being sitting in a large chair made to look like throne.

She looked the same, only she wore a large black hat with a large pink ribbon tied around the base. Around her neck was a colored bow tie with white, orange and pink circles. The rest of her pink coat was covered in a tattered black suit.

Next to her was Killjoy, but she was no bigger than a dormouse. She was wearing a coat similar to her coat color. It had a white tie the ruffled along with a gold belt around her waist. She was waving around a pin like a sword.

Raspberry Stardust laughed, levitating two pieces of toast in the air. “I thought of most of it myself. Did you notice Twilight the rabbit?” Luna nodded, slowly. “That bit will come in 27 weeks. If I’m lucky, I mean.”

A stranger creature came by, a small fly but most of it’s body was made of butter (butterfly). Raspberry squashed the creature between her toast and separated them, showing the Princess of the Night her buttered toast.

“What is this place?” Luna asked.

Raspberry waved a hoof, placing the bread down on a plate. “Now that, Lulu, depends on who you ask. To the things living here, it’s Underland. To a little filly who fell down the rabbit hole, it’s Wonderland.”

Raspberry gestured to the small Killjoy. “This is DorKilljoy.” She gestured to herself. “I’m the Mad Raspberry.” She finally aimed a hoof at Luna. “And you are Alice. You are very late young lady!” A tea cup floated towards Luna in amber magic. “Want some tea? Made it fresh from the T gardens?”

Luna stared at Raspberry. “Thou hast mastered the art of dream walking?”

The unicorn nodded. “You bet I did! I learned during…when did we learn to dream walk DorKilljoy?”

The small pegasus stopped trying to defeat her enemy the biscuit to look up at the Mad Raspberry. “When the old glumpy Freddy tried to kill us both! That he did! And I tried splitting ‘is head in two, that I did!”

“Ah, yes.” Mad Raspberry motioned to the chair to her right. “Come, Alice Luna, take a seat and I’ll tell you a tale!”

The alicorn did so, barely noticing how a pale blue dress with a black belt and apron appeared on her, as well as her crown being replaced with a black bow.

Mad Raspberry made Alice Luna a cup of tea as she spun the tale. “Good ole Freddy Krueger. A man gifted with a curse from troublesome gods. After he was burned to death by his fellow villagers for the murder of their children, he was allowed to continue his deeds in their dreams. For when you die in a dream,” the tea cup overflowed. “You die in reality.

“One two, Freddy’s coming for you.

Three four, better lock the door.

Five six, get a crucifix.

Seven eight. Stay up late.

Nine ten, never sleep again.” Raspberry said, a lost look in her eyes.

DorKilljoy took the glass and threw it in Mad Raspberry’s face.

“Gah! Thank you, DorKilljoy.” Mad Raspberry thanked, “So, Alice Luna, what brings you to Underland this time of night?”

Luna was confused. Alice Luna? She glanced down and noticed her new dress.

“Pray tell, why am I wearing a dress?” Alice Luna asked.

“Alice’s dress. Now Alice Luna’s dress.” DorKilljoy said, getting back to her duel with the biscuit.

Mad Raspberry laughed. “Yes. You are Alice Luna in this place. Now, what brought you here? Did you fall down a rabbit hole? Did Twilight the rabbit bring you here for the Frabjous Day? Do you know why a raven is like a writing desk?” The unicorn asked.

Luna placed on her best stoic face. “We came to see if thou told Us the truth. To see of We could give the thy trust.”

Mad Raspberry nodded. “Alice Luna, when a stallion is dying in your hooves, do you tell him the medical help is just a few minutes away or that there is no medical team?”

This made the Princess pause.

Mad Raspberry spoke before she could. “You tell him you see help coming. He does not know it’s a lie until he is already dead. You lie to the stallion for his own good.

“That is why I lie. To protect others until I can come up with a plan. I give a good lie to gain their trust for when I need it most. I help them when they fall so they will do the same to me. I give them smiles so when I need one they will be the first to show at my door.

“So, Alice Luna, I will tell you my three rules. Rule One: She always lies. Rule Two: make the impossible happen. Rule Three: Never give up.” Mad Raspberry explained.

Princess Alice Luna stared at the unicorn for a moment. May haps the unicorn was mad. The Princess understood half of what she just heard.

Before much more could be spoken, a figure ran out from the left of Mad Raspberry. It looked much like Fluttershy, but dressed in red. Another figure came from the right, also looking like Fluttershy but she was wearing all white.

“OFF WITH HER HEAD!” Red Fluttershy screamed.

Mad Raspberry looked to Alice Luna. “Oops. Forgot. The Red Queen hates unwelcomed guests.” She lifted a glass saying drink me in her magic and pushed it into Luna’s muzzle. “Good morning Lulu. I hope to see you again sometime.”

Alice Luna was so surprised by the glass pouring a fruity tasting drink down her muzzle, that she badly begun to notice herself waking up.


Morgan/Raspberry


“Gah!” I yelled, hoping up from my bed in a comedic fashion before landing in a bedsheet cocoon.

It took me a second to calm my breathing.

“Did I just dream I was the Mad Hatter, Darcy was a dormouse, Twilight was a crazed rabbit, Fluttershy was the red and white queen, and that Luna was Alice?” A beat. “Cool.”

With that, I climbed out of the cocoon to make some breakfast for the three of us. We had a big week planned.

Author's Note:

Finally finished this chapter. Yes, Morgan's dream is of her in Wonderland. Yes, I made Twilight the crazy rabbit. Yes, Fluttershy was both queens.
Comment, like, favorite and read 'The Day My Life Ended'

PreviousChapters Next