• Published 18th Jun 2013
  • 2,704 Views, 86 Comments

The Day My Life Began - Authora97



Drum roll please! (Insert drum noise here) It is the Prequel to 'The Day My Life Ended'! The moment you have been waiting for, so please. Read...

  • ...
14
 86
 2,704

PreviousChapters Next
Trixie vs Morgan

Life had been alright since the Summer Sun Celebration. Darcy/Killjoy and I had helped with Applebuck season, and laughed my plot off when Gilda came to town and Darcy/Killjoy nearly beat the griffon into the ground. Of course, I yelled at Gilda before that like I was on a rampage but still.

Four weeks. I've been here four weeks. The most I've done is watch Lilac and screw with the Mane 6. Twilight was my favorite to mess with. Rainbow Dash was Darcy’s/Killjoy’s.

The pegasus had quickly mastered flying. According to my sister, it was very similar to flying a plane. Just have to get the numbers right.

All I needed to do, was prepare for Trixie. I had my costume all ready, same for Lilac’s. I had checked up on some spells that were needed and finally, I was ready to party.

“So...how hard did you fall on your head when you were a baby?” Killjoy asked me, laying on the bed in my room as I put the finishing touches on my wizard robe.

“You do realize that if I was dropped on my head, you were too right?” I told her, making sure I didn’t prick my hoof.

Killjoy was silent. I smirked.

“Shut up.” Killjoy retorted. I heard the sounds of attempted wing flapping. “Flying was way easier when I was a witch.”

“Well, not really. You almost dropped me twice. Why did you even do that? You know how those wolves felt about witches.” I told her, not taking my eyes off the cloak. “Plus, you’re already a good flyer as a pony.”

“It’s not easy flying short range.” Killjoy grumbled.

“Figure out how.” I commanded. “I’m wondering why you don’t already know how.”

“Easy.” Killjoy said.

A beat.

“You don’t actually have an excuse do you?”

“Nope.” Killjoy said, in the same tone as Big Macintosh.

Great. Oh, I forgot to ask, how was camping?” I asked, actually turning towards my sister.

Killjoy had decided to go camping over the weekend, taking Lilac with her. Killjoy said she wanted to show Lilac how to survive out in the wild in case of emergencies. That, and to just bond with her. My sister always was a fan of camping.

She groaned, loudly. “It was alright, but I tried fishing and apparently pony’s can’t handle it’s taste. Lilac could. Why couldn’t I have been a dragon? At least then I could eat really food and not that crap they tried feeding me at that café!”

I laughed. “Because, it would be kinda hard to explain how a dragon is my twin sister.” With that, I pulled the last bit of string from the cloak and looked at the finished product.

“Still...I wanted to eat meat.” Darcy groaned.

“Good luck with that, sis.” I told her, lifting the robe up in my amber magic and put it on. I also lifted up the matching hat. “How do I look?”

The pegasus placed her purple eyes on me. She smirked and held back a chuckle. “You look like Mickey Mouse.”

“Shut up.” I said. Killjoy only laughed.


Twilight


It had been an exciting few weeks. Since I had been here, I have learned so much. It has been great. I have been invited to the Grand Galloping Gala, assisted Applejack with Applebuck Season, and watched a griffon come to town. Such strange things happening in this town, I hope it doesn’t become a regular occurrence.

But one thing I have learned, is that Raspberry Stardust is out to get me.

Now, now. I know I just sound like I’m a crazed mare, but wouldn’t you if she did the things she did to me to you?

One such example, is when I received the tickets for the Grand Galloping Gala, she chased me in the large crowd and then teleported to my house! She wouldn’t stop laughing, saying ‘it had been a long time since I was a part of a montage crowd’, whatever that even is. During Applebuck Season, she drugged Applejack! She tried to put the blame on a nice seeming dark red pegasus with a silver mane, but I still knew it was Raspberry. I’m still sure Raspberry did something with Gilda, I just can’t figure out what!

That wasn’t my goal for today, though, because today I’m practicing my spells. Right now, I was practicing #25. A mustache spell with Spike as my guinea pig.

“Come on, Twilight, you can do it!” Spike encouraged.

“Okay,” I glanced up at my horn, “Here it goes.”

Charging up my horn, I aimed it at Spike. After a moment, I heard a small poof.

“Ha ho! You did it!” Spike cheered. My closest friend walked over to the chart we had been keeping of my accomplishments. He made a red checkmark by the spell at the bottom of the list. “Growing magic. That’s number 25! 25 different tricks and counting!”

My ears splayed back and I’m sure I was blushing. Spike was exaggerating. I wasn’t that good at magic.

“And I think this is the best trick so far!” Spike said, posing in front of the large mirror we had placed so him or I could see the results of certain spells with our own eyes. “Hello Rarity!” Spike’s eyes widened, he twirled the mustache around in his claws. “‘What’s that’? Oh nothing, just my awesome mustache!” The dragon chuckled.

“Sorry Romeo, but as enticing as you look, it’s just for practice and it’s gotta go.” I said, charging up my horn with the removal spell.

“Wait!” In another small poof, the black mustache was gone. “Aw rats.”

I giggled. My mind suddenly went back to my thoughts on Raspberry and Lilac. Did she test spells or other things on the little dragon too?

“Uh...Twilight? Are you...okay?” Spike asked.

“Huh?” I asked, looking up at him.

The dragon was staring at me, cautiously walking up to me. “You started looking really serious a second ago. What was it?”

I waved a hoof. “It’s nothing. I’m just...thinking.”

He raised a brow. “About?”

“Raspberry Stardust.”

Spike rolled his eyes and groaned. “Her again? Twilight, you gotta just let it go.”

“But I can’t! How did she know about Princess Luna, when not even any the books I’ve read even described an alicorn like her! The only one was the book with the Mare in the Moon legend, and that was kept in the Canterlot Library! How did she know that I was the Element of Magic? How did she even know what the mysterious six element even was!?” I said.

Spike rolled his eyes again. “It’s just like the Princess explained. Raspberry looks at a lot of ponytales so that she is always prepared. She’s kinda like you when you think about it. Is good with magic, has a dragon, recently moved to Ponyville, and believed in the legend of Nightmare Moon.”

“I’m not like her! She’s rude, arrogant, a bad influence and she drugged Applejack!” I reminded.

“No. She told you that red pegasus did it. What was her name... Buzzkill? Joy something?” Spike pondered. He shook his head, trying to get back on topic. “And, Raspberry and Lilac are new in town. Don’t you think, maybe, that they did things differently at their old home than in Ponyville? Who knows, maybe Raspberry was trying to be nice by agreeing with you on Nightmare Moon coming back. Or maybe she was just trying to make friends with you. Can you give her the benefit of the doubt?” Spike asked.

It was silent as I tried to think of something else to say, but nothing really came to mind as a rebuttal.

“Let’s go into town. The Checklist for the Day says we need to go shopping today.” Was the only thing I could think of to stop this conversation.


Spike, Snips, Snails and I finally arrived at the box, my friends apparently already there in the front row. Those two colts had dragged us all the way out here, something about a new and powerful unicorn. They told Spike and I that this unicorn had more magical ability than any other pony, but...not to sound showboaty...what did that make me? Princess Celestia’s Faithful Student?

“Come one, come all! Come and witness the amazing magic of the Great and Powerful Trixie!”

There was a large cloud of purple smoke. When it cleared, a blue unicorn stood on stage. She had purple pink eyes, a silvery white mane, and a purple hat with yellow and blue stars with a matching cape and a blue crystal as it’s clasp.

The crowd ooh’d and aah’d. The box had unfolded into a stage, with more room on the sides. The old sides were now facing outwards with two sets of three trumpets on both sides. The roof had popped open, revealing a red circle with a white swirl and small silver boxes on the side, a large blue planet with a yellow ring and three five pointed stars attacked by springs, a purple and white striped flag, and a purple banner with yellow and blue stars with a symbol of a wand with a five pointed star tip waving about a blue ribbon looking object.

The supposed Great and Powerful Trixie leaned out towards the crowd. “Watch in awe, as the Great and Powerful Trixie performs the most spectacular features of magic every witnessed by pony eyes!”

As she slowly finished speaking, Trixie stood up on her hind legs and her front hooves out wide. A large amount of fireworks shot out from all places on the stage. The red circle began to spin and sparks flew out the silver boxes, green fire came from the ends of the stage close to the crowd, pink and green fireworks came out.

The crowd sounded amazed. Whoever Trixie was, she was good.

“My my, what boasting.” Rarity said from next to me.

“Come on!” Spike called out. “Nopony’s as magical as Twilig-Twi-Twi-twi...oh. Hey Rarity.” Spike stuttered. “I...ah...” His eyes widened. “Mustache!

The dragon dashed off.

I walked up to Rarity, worried. “There’s...nothing wrong with being talented...is there?” I asked, scared about my friends not liking my magical abilities.

“Nothin’ at all.” Applejack said, glancing back to the stage to glare at Trixie as the showmare made a bouquet of flowers appear. “‘cept for when somepony goes around showin’ um off like a school filly with fancy new ribbons.”

“Just because one is has the ability to perform lots of magic does not make one better than the rest of us.” Rarity finished Applejack’s comment.

Did...did they all feel this way? About powerful magic users?

About me?

“Yeah!”

Huh?

“Especially when you got me around being better than the rest of us.” Rainbow Dash said.

Oh...phew...for a second I thought Rainbow Dash was responding to my own internal questions.

Applejack glared at Rainbow, making the cyan pegasus stutter and mutter. “I’m mean. Yeah! Magic shmagic. Boo!”

Looking at the unicorn on the stage, I was slightly terrified of what would happen next.

“Well, well, well. It seems we have some neigh sayers in the audience.”

Trixie glared at my friends, they glared back.

“Who is so ignorant as to challenge the magical ability of the Great and Powerful Trixie! Do they not know, they are in the presence of the Most Magical Unicorn in all of Equestria?!” The Showmare shouted from the stage.

“I challenge yee!”

Oh dear...

A mare climbed up the stage, standing across from Trixie. Her dark pink coat was slightly covered with a dark red cloak with a golden thread wrapped around her waist. A blue pointed hat with golden stars and a crescent moon rested on the top of her head, nearly covering her horn.

Raspberry Stardust, what is she doing now?

“And just who are you to challenge the Great and Powerful Trixie?” The blue unicorn asked.

Raspberry shrugged, “Nopony special. Just a unicorn living with her sister and a dragonling, somehow managing to keep my sanity as well as perform various magical acts as my mysterious alter ego... Sorcerer Raspberry!”

More fireworks appeared, this time spelling Sorcerer Raspberry in big bold pink and blue letters.

“And my assistant! Lilac the Dragon!” In another flash, the small dragonling appeared on stage. She was wearing a deep purple robe with silver edges.

Looking at Trixie, I saw her scoff.

“So? Anything you can do, Trixie can surely do better!” Trixie boasted.

Raspberry gained a shocked look. “You? You think you can...HAHAHA!” The mare started laughing hysterically for a few seconds. “Really, You? The show mare that ‘supposedly’ took down an Ursa Major in Hoofington? Please. That’s funny Trixie, that’s just too funny! You can’t do half the things I do or done.”

Trixie growled. “Trixie did take down an Ursa Major!”

Raspberry rolled her amber eyes. “Yeah, and I’m a werepony.”

The showmare glared at the pink unicorn. “Trixie will show you who the superior unicorn is! Trixie suggest a competition!”

“Thank goodness you did, I was about to do it and then I would’ve looked stupid.” Raspberry said, remaining calm surprisingly.

Trixie’s look became more serious and enraged. “Trixie says that the winner will by the Highest Level Unicorn!”

I could hear the crowd turning to Raspberry, her face still calm. “Ahem, I say that the loser shall become the Winner’s Student. So that maybe someday, the loser can try to hold a match to the candle of the Unicorn’s Greatness or maybe, make new prints in the dirt I walk on.”

Trixie only scoffed. “Trixie agrees!”

Raspberry’s hat glowed yellow, lifting the hat and placing it on the small dragon’s head. It was too big, and fell across her eyes. Lilac lifted it up slightly so she could watch.

“My spell is one that I think will be hard to do... I shall give the wings of a butterfly to myself,” Raspberry gestured to the purple dragon, “And my assistant!”

The crowd gasped, Raspberry’s horn still glowed yellow. She scrunched her face up in concentration, and slowly her back as well as Lilac’s began to glow. Trixie took a small step back, I could plainly see a look of worry cross over her face. Raspberry was still concentrating, sparks were starting to fly from her horn.

There was a bright flash, once it was gone we were all astounded.

Resting on the mare’s back, rested large butterfly wings colored dark pink with blue and yellow spots while the little dragon had similar wings but light purple and no yellow.

“Now...we fly!”

The two butterfly winged figures on stage fluttered up into the sky. Lilac gently placed the hat onto the stage, so as not to get herself hurt I suppose. Raspberry started flying over the crowd and the dragonette hovered over the stage and waving, soon joining Raspberry over the crowd.

After a minute or so of flying, the two landed on the stage and Raspberry gave Trixie a laugh.

“Well, can you do that better than I did?”

Trixie looked slightly terrified for a moment, but shook her head. “Hah! Trixie could do that spell in her sleep!”

Raspberry took her hat back from Lilac, placing it back on her head. “Great, because when I did it to myself and a dragon, you’ll have to do it to yourself, another dragon and another pony. Three times, you may go when ready.”

Oh no.

Trixie scanned the crowd, her eyes landing on me and Spike.

“You there! Come onto the stage to help the Great and Powerful Trixie!”

“You need help? Why just demand her assistance?” Raspberry taunted, her sparkling wings fluttering overhead Trixie.

“Urg! You, purple unicorn, Trixie demands your assistance!” Trixie yelled.

“Who? Me? Nope, sorry. I think I hear my laundry calling! Bye!” I excused before grabbing Spike and running home.


Morgan


Why did Twilight have to make things so difficult? Now I'll have to deal with Trixie alone. Or, not.

“Well Trixie, I guess this means I am Highest Level Unicorn.” A small spell was cast to make more fireworks burst behind me. Saying Highest Level Unicorn- Raspberry Stardust. Like there was any doubt?

The blue unicorn growled. She stomped her hoof onto the stage. “No! Trixie will not be defeated so easily!”

“Whatever you say, foal, whatever you say.” Flapping the butterfly wings again, I flew above the fold out stage. “When you're ready to take on some real magic, feel free to call me. Come on Lilac, we fly!”

With that, my charge and I flew in the direction of our little home.


Killjoy was waiting for me when I got back home. She was smirking up a storm.

“So, I take it things went well?” Killjoy asked.

“Yeah, why do you ask?” I said.

“You have pink butterfly wings on your back and Lilac has purple dragonfly wings.” She laughed.

“Oh. I forgot to fix that, huh?” I said, also noticing I was still flying. “Ah well. Live and learn.” I shrugged, flying into our home and just doing random things.

You know, and preparing for the Ursa Minor attack tonight.

It was so nice to fly.


The night had come sooner than I supposed. I eventually had to take the wings away from Lilac and myself. The dragon kept complaining about bumping into things with them. That, and I was getting annoyed with Killjoy calling me a flutterpony.

Flutterponies, I think I had them in my dream last night. Yeah, I was Peter Pan, Killjoy was Captain Hook, the Mane 6 were the Lost Colts, Lilac was Tinker Bell, and Princess Luna was Wendy. She had been coming into my dreams once a week and I always had a fun when she did. A week or so ago we did the Wizard of Oz and the week before it was Cinderella.

Luna was such fun as Dorothy and the Fairy Godmother. I was a good Wizard and Cinderella.

I wonder what I would do next time...

“OH MY GOD I KILLED HER!”

What on earth was that pegasus doing?

Running downstairs (which was way harder with four hooves) I noticed my sister standing in front of the door.

“Whathappened?Who’sdead?WhodidyoukillKJ?Whereisshe?” I sputtered quickly.

The blood red pegasus was smiling in her own prideful way, motioning a hoof towards me.

“See, I told you she would come down.” Killjoy said to the pony standing outside.

“Trixie did not think screaming into her ears was a good tactic.” The cyan unicorn groaned.

Killjoy rolled her eyes and looked up at me. “So, how ya doin’?”

Once my heart rate calmed down, I glared at my twin. “I’m gonna to kill you someday.”

“Good luck. Have fun with your little buddy.” My sister skipped off towards the kitchen, probably to make a sandwich.

I looked over at Trixie. She was wearing her hat and cap, and that familiar scowl. It was kinda funny, if not for the fact that she was glaring at me.

“Trixie wants to speak with you.” The mare growled.

“Never would’ve guessed.” I mumbled as I walked outside and closed the door behind me. “So, what did you want oh Great and Powerful Trrrrrixie?” I asked her, adding some extras r’s.

Trixie gave me a deadpan look. “Are you...mocking Trixie?” She asked.

“Mmm...yes.” I said. “Is this about how I totally and completely whipped you plot back on stage?” Trixie’s eyes grew wide, most likely from my wording. “Yeah, don’t worry. I’ve faced far more troubling villains than a showmare with an identity issue.” The unicorn growled.

“Trixie does not have a mental issue!”

I gave her a faux sympathetic look. “Oh, Trixie,” I placed a pink hoof on her shoulder. “You don’t have a mental issue,” I patted twice, “You have many mental issues. I’ll be sure to remember them for my future Autobiography. ‘Raspberry Stardust, the Highest Level Unicorn’s Journey to Power’! I’m planning on having the audiobook done by myself, I’ve been told my voice is amazing!”

Trixie growled. “How dare you insult Trixie!”

“No, I don’t want dare. Can I switch to truth?” I asked.

“Are you insane?!”

“In three different countries, two states and a partridge in a pear tree!” I chuckled. “You know, Trixie, all jokes aside, I have a small tip for your shows. Next time, don’t challenge the crowd to an ‘I’m better than you’ or they might not be as nice as I was.”

“Nice? Nice?! You publicly humiliated the Great and Powerful Trixie!” The showmare almost shouted in my face.

“Better than being publicly humiliated by having a unicorn under the tutelage of Princess Celestia, the only pegasus to do a Sonic Rainboom and survive, the multiple blue ribbon winning owner of Sweet Apple Acres, the ponies who took down Nightmare Moon and brought back the day, and a pony who I have seen wrestle a bear, a cockatrice, a dragon and a God of Chaos do it.” I explained to the wide eyed Trixie.

“Also, the mares who will in about a year or so stop an evil unicorn king who was banished into shadow, stop an invasion, will get a visit from the Guardian of Tartartus, stop a rampaging dragon, face off Diamond Dogs, become a single superhero shared between five of them, go on a first name basis with Princess Luna and Princess Celestia

And perform a great re-telling of the original Hearth’s Warming Story. That’s just to name a few of the things they’re gonna do.”

I couldn’t tell what emotion Trixie was showing. It was changing between awe, fear, shock, surprise, confusion, and some strange mixture of all five.

I continued to smile as I waited thru the awkward silence. “Another tip, I recommend getting back to your cart before the sun sets. You never know what’ll happen on a Tuesday in Ponyville.”

Feeling as though no more could be said, I walked into my house and saw Killjoy smirking.

“Did you have to tell her all that?” She asked.

“Duh, did you see the look on her face? It was awesome!”

Killjoy shrugged. “I would’ve told her the cool stuff I’ve done.”

“You know I don’t like to brag about that stuff.” I told my psychopath of a sister.

“True, but would it be so bad if the ponies here knew you helped take down a Dalek Fleet? Or how you took down an evil witch hell-bent on killing you and your family at the time? Or how you’ve arrested hundreds of killers and villains?” Killjoy said. “I mean, come on! Be proud of that shit!”

“I never did any of that. I only tagged along for the ride. A no good tag along. Nothing has ever been done by my own two hands...hooves...that wasn’t already somebody else’s victory.” I told Darcy who only groaned loudly and slammed her head into the wall. “It’s stuff like that, that makes me think you have mental issues.”

Killjoy removed her head, glaring at me as I walked into the kitchen. “At least pretend that they were your victories! Come on, who’s gonna know?”

“I’ll know, KJ, I’ll know.” I told my sister, my voice started to sound annoyed and upset.

“It shouldn’t matter! Be proud of who you are! Be proud of what you can do!” Killjoy almost shouted.

“HOW CAN I BE PROUD!” I shouted. “HOW CAN I BE PROUD WHEN THIS STUPID GIFT HAS ONLY BROUGHT ME PAIN AND SUFFERING! I’ M A WORTHLESS TAG ALONG WHO WILL NEVER DO ANYTHING RIGHT! TELL ME HOW, KILLJOY! TELL! ME! HOW?!” I screamed at her.

Killjoy stared at me with her purple eyes, a light glare to it. “Come on, Morgue, would it really be so hard? Just once in your life, take credit for something!”

“Okay.” I lifted something from the kitchen and threw it at her face. “I take credit from throwing that banana at your face.”

The pegasus brushed it off her face. “Oh it. Is. On!”

I smiled. I could never take someone else’s credit. The only thing I took credit for was those years I spent as a killer.


That night, when everypony was falling asleep, I heard a large roar come from behind my house. In the Everfree forest.

“MOMMY!” Lilac shouted, running up to me and gripping my foreleg. “What is that?!”

“An Ursa Minor. We need to help, he’s headed straight for Ponyville!”

Lilac gasped. I lifted her with my magic and placed her on my back. As I ran towards the large starry bear, a thought crossed my mind. “Where’s your aunt?” I asked Lilac.

“She went into town! She said something about Rainbow Dash!”

I rolled my eyes. She was gonna prank Rainbow now?

“There!” Lilac yelled, pointing at a large blue shape. “It‘s huge!”

“I know!” I told the dragon as I ran towards it.

“Why are we running towards it?!” Lilac shouted over a large roar the bear gave.

“Rule 6: Always run towards the trouble and or the big scary monster!” I shouted back. I came a close stop, seeing Trixie, Snips and Snails, and Twilight and Spike.

“MADE IT UP?!” Snips and Snails yelled just as the Ursa Minor loomed over the seven of us.

“What the hell is going on over here?”

Trixie looked over at me, her eyes narrowing. “Did you know that Ursa would break Trixie’s wagon?!”

“No.” I lied.

She slammed a hoof on the ground. “You told Trixie to get back to her wagon before sunset! You wanted that Ursa Major would break Trixie’s wagon with Trixie inside!”

“I did not. You’re just putting words in my mouth. I warned you that something like this could happen tonight. Plain and simple.” I said, feeling Lilac hop off my back.

The dragon gripped onto my back, but I made sure not to react to her claws digging into my flesh. “What is that?” Lilac said worriedly.

“Just an Ursa Minor,” I told the dragon, “an adorable little baby Ursa. Poor thing looks exhausted.”

Trixie stared at me, looking away just before Twilight started casting magic. “That’s just a baby?!”

“Uhh...yeah?” I said. Trixie still looked confused when I spoke again. “We should feel lucky Mama Ursa hasn’t noticed he’s gone. Ho, colt. We’d all be in a heap of trouble if that were to happen.” Turning towards Twilight, her horn looked ready to explode or something. “So, Trixie, what’s going on exactly?”

The stage unicorn did not turn around, missing the spectacle behind her as ponies began to stare with awe. She aimed a blue hoof at Snips and Snails. “The two nitwit colts brought that monster into town! It smashed Trixie’s wagon and almost took Trixie with it!”

“Wow. You, Missy, have terrible back luck. And that’s coming from a girl who got electrocuted three times in ten minutes.” The Ninth Doctor did not like being told he was like a Dalek. Or that I was connected to one via radio signal that my idiot brain latched onto. 2012 was not my year.

Trixie only groaned, turning away from to see the Ursa Minor nearly land on her, and me...

“Ah!” Lilac squealed, hiding herself behind me as Twilight lifted the cub into the air.

I patted Lilac on the back. “See, Lilac, this is why Rule 8 is important.”

“8?” Lilac asked.

“Oh, if you find yourself against a big angry monster, pray to a holy being that somepony will save you.” I said with a smile.

Lilac just nodded, probably too tired to really care.

The Ursa was lifted off the ground in purple magic, rocking slowly back to sleep as the bottle/water tower was given to him. After a little more exertion on Twilight’s part, the bear was gently placed back in his mother’s cave. It took maybe two minutes for Twilight’s horn to stop it’s nearly blinding glow.

It was silent for a full two seconds before the growing crowd began to cheer for Twilight.

“That was amazing!” Spike shouted.

“Heaven’s ta Betsy,” Applejack cheered, “we know ya had ability, but not that much!”

Twilight turned to them a sad look on her face. “I’m sorry. Please, please don’t hate me!” She pleaded to Applejack, Rainbow Dash and Rarity.

They all smiled “Hate you?” They all asked.

“Why, whatever do you mean darling?” Rarity asked.

“Well, I know how much you hated Trixie’s showing off her magic tricks... and I just thought-” Twilight started.

“Woah, woah, woah.”

“Woah.” I added.

“Magic’s got nothing to do with it. Trixie’s just a loud mouth.” Rainbow Dash explained.

“Most unpleasant.” Rarity commented.

“All hat an no cattle.” Applejack also commented.

“Plus, I was a way better magician than her.” I also commented, leading to the glares of half of the Mane 6. “What? I had a cooler hat too.”

They rolled their eyes before looking back at Twilight. “So...” Twilight began, “You like my magic tricks?”

Applejack’s smile brightened. “Yer magic is a part a who you are sugarcube and we like who you are.” She gave Twilight an almost smug smile. “We’re proud ta have such a powerful magic talent unicorn as our friend.”

“And after whopping that Ursa’s hindquarters, we’re even prouder!” Rainbow Dash encouraged.

“You are?!” Twilight said, a hopeful look ov her face.

The three mares nodded.

“Plus, that was just a baby. Imagine what Twi could do if she actual fought an Ursa Major instead of an Ursa Minor.” I said.

“A what?!”

‘Does everybody need to scream that when they find out it’s a baby? Geez!’

“Yes.” Twilight said, giving me a warily look. “A baby. That’s what I was reading when Spike came to get me. I was so intrigued by what Raspberry Stardust said about Trixie that I was compelled to do a little research on them. Also, it wasn’t rampaging, it was just cranky that someponies woke him up.”

With those last few words, everypony looked towards Snips and Snails. Said colts hunched down and laughed awkwardly.

“If that was an Ursa Minor, what’s an Ursa Major like?!” Spike said.

“You don’t wanna know.” Twilight and I said at the same time, making the purple unicorn look towards me and glare.

Before Trixie could even say anything, I lit up my horn and wrapped her muzzle in a yellow glow. The azure unicorn glared at me. “What? I didn’t wanna hear you go on and on about how you were still better than Twilight Sparkle...or me.” I added quickly. “So just drop your little smoke bomb and run before I feel the urge to play hoofball.”

Trixie glared for a second longer, her body was suddenly covered in gray smoke as when it dissipated the mare was seen running in the distance.

Rainbow flew up, preparing to fly after her. “Just let her go.” Twilight said. “Maybe someday she’ll learn her lesson.”

I walked over into the path of Snips and Snails, smiling as Twilight joined me on my left.

“Now..as for you two.” Twilight said sternly.

Snips and Snails laughed, a faint blush on their faces.

“We’re sorry we woke up that Ursa Minor.” Snips apologized.

“We just wanted to see some awesome magic!” Snails added.

“Yeah! And the way you vanquished that Ursa Minor was awesome!” Snips cheered. “And the way you grew those cool wings was awesome!” I had a feeling that one was directed towards me.

I smiled, Twilight did not. Thought, I didn’t give a happy smile. “I say you give them number 25.” I whispered in Twilight’s direction.

“How did you know about-”

“We deserve whatever punishment you give us.” Snails said as he and Snips bowed before us.

Twilight, still a little confused by my statement, looked off in the direction of Trixie’s crushed cart. “Well...for starters you can clean us this mess.”

“Place it by my house. I needed some wood for a project.” I instructed as Spike walked up next to Twilight. On another note, I felt Lilac drooling on my back.

“And what do you think Spike? Should I give them number 25?” Twilight asked.

“Oh. 25. Yes, and I think I deserve it too.” Spike agreed.

“Heh?” The two colts asked.

“I think you’re right.” Twilight said, grinning evilly.

In a flash of purple, the three boys had mustaches.

“Sweet.” They all said with smiles.

As we all went our separate ways for the night, I noticed a cloud looming over Rainbow Dash with a familiar blood red blob on top.

“Uh.. Rainbow Dash.” I started.

The prismatic pegasus looked back at me. “What?”

That’s when the bubblegum pink paint fell on her entire body.

“Nevermind.” I said, picking up Lilac in my magic and trotting back towards my house. Not before taking a quick picture of course.

Darcy, you clever girl. What would I do without you?


Dear Princess Celestia,


I have learned a very valuable lesson about friendship. I was so afraid of being thought of as a show off that was hiding a part of who I was. My friends helped me realize that it’s okay to be proud of your talents, and there are times when it’s appropriate to show them off… Especially when you’re standing up for your friends.

Your faithful Student,

Twilight Sparkle


PS- I have gained more questions about Raspberry Stardust. Last night, she said something that to this point only Spike and I were aware of. I am aware that Princess Luna is looking into her, but could it be possible for you to send what she has found to me?

Oh, Twilight, if only I had something to give you. All we have gathered on Raspberry Stardust is a folder filled with Black-out information. Some kind of layered spell was placed on it so my sister and I could not read it.

We know nothing.

Author's Note:

Yes, that chapter just happened.
Comment, like, favorite and read The Day My Life Ended
Happy Hearths Warming!

PreviousChapters Next