• Published 18th Jun 2013
  • 2,704 Views, 86 Comments

The Day My Life Began - Authora97



Drum roll please! (Insert drum noise here) It is the Prequel to 'The Day My Life Ended'! The moment you have been waiting for, so please. Read...

  • ...
14
 86
 2,704

PreviousChapters Next
A Me Party

“Hey Pinkie Pie.”

The pony glared at me, hate in her blue eyes. It was a strange sight. Her eyes crossed, and she walked to the pile of rocks. “What’s the chump doin’ ‘ere?”

I smirked. “This chump is here to celebrate Gummy’s after-birthday party.”

Pinkie made the rocks scoff. “Nopony’s comin’ to the party, chump!”

“You came to the party, so what does that make you...chump?” I challenged.

The rocks stopped. Pinkie went up to Madame Flour.

“Oh, and just vat is it that you plan to do?” The Prench sack of flour asked me.

“I plan on celebrating with Pinkie.” I looked up at Pinkie. “Because she’s my friend.”

Pinkie broke out of Madame Flour’s character, smiling at me. “R-Really? You still want to be my friend?”

“Of course I do!” I said, walking up to her side. My right hoof wrapped around her shoulder. “Why wouldn’t wanna be friends with the coolest party pony around?”

Pinkie started grin, and I think I saw some hairs curl. They were gone in a blink. The pink pony grabbed Sir Lints-a-lot.

“You lie!” She yelled. She kinda sounded like an impression of Rarity.

I shook my head. “I lie, yes, but I never lie about a birthday.”

It had been an interesting two weeks, since Lilac’s birthday. Twilight got an owl, for one thing. That was a fun day. I can’t really blame Spike for being jealous. Owls were pretty awesome.

Then, on Monday morning, I got a singing telegram to come to Gummy’s party. Even thought the invite said no gifts, I left one anonymously. Sugar cookie bubble bath mix. I can’t help giving gifts!

I brought myself into the birthday party for Pinkie. When the decorated the party, I helped. Rainbow Dash was just about to offer to get the despondent Pinkie, but I stepped in.

So here I was, trying to convince Pinkie Pie to come to her own birthday party. It was entertaining.

I cut myself a slice of cake, bringing it in front of me. “So, Gummy is a whole year old?”

Pinkie smiled, her still flat and body still gray-ish. “Yep! I got him as an egg fourteen months ago, and he finally hatched one year ago yesterday!”

I laughed. “Yeah. When I found Lilac, (thought technically, she found me), it was closer for three months for her to hatch. The cutest little dragon on the planet.”

“What about Spike?” Pinkie asked.

“Spike is awesome.” I said. “Not Dash awesome, but still awesome.”

“Really?”

“Dash is twenty percent cooler than Spike.” I laughed. I thought now was a good time to get Pinkie to talk. “So, Pinkie, why are you so...upset?”

The party pony groaned, dropping into her chair with a deep scowl on her muzzle. She rolled her still bright blue eyes. “I invited everypony to this party, but Nopony came! They’ve been avoiding me, and lying to me! And, I heard from a very reliable source, that they don’t want to be my friends anymore!”

Her eyes crossed. She grabbed Rocky. “Yeah! Those chumps don’t wanna be her friends? Then she don’t wanna be their friends!”

“Pinkie, they are all still your friends.” I comforted. “And, I have in on a much better source, that they are actually planning a super secret event.”

Pinkie’s eyes uncrossed, she gave me a curious look. “You do?”

I nodded. “Yep. Right now, they’re all at Applejack’s barn, putting the last of this plan together. It’s supposed to be a really big surprise.”

Pinkie Pie growled, smacking her hoof on the table. “I knew it was at Applejack’s!” She declared.

I smirked. “Hey, you wanna go over there and crash the party?”

The sad mare thought it over for a moment. “But...Gummy’s after party-”

“-Gummy can come with us!” I said, already having a plan if she asked this. “We can make this a Mystery Solving Party!”

Using my magic, I pulled out a Sherlock hat, bubble blow pipe, and Watson’s cap.

I floated the Sherlock cap to Pinkie. “What do ya say, Detective Pinkie?”

Pinkie looked at the hat. There was some curls added to her mane, and more color to her coat. She grabbed the hat and placed it on her head. She also took the pipe. “Come on Gummy.” She picked up the alligator, his party hat falling off. “We have a mystery to solve.”

I grinned, putting on the Watson hat.


We arrived at the barn fairly quickly. Pinkie was hiding behind a lot of the objects, looking over towards the barn.

I snuck up behind her, whispering “So, any plans?”

Pinkie blew bubbles from the pipe. Another curl popped up in her mane. “We get the jump on those ex-friends of mine. Sneak in through the window and see their plans, then jump out at them.”

I nodded. “They might be expecting that.” I said. “How about a full frontal assault.”

“What?” Pinkie asked.

“We walk in through the front door.” I explained, pointing a hoof at the door. “They won’t be expecting that.”

“I don’t know. What do you think, Gummy?” Pinkie asked, looking back at the alligator.

Gummy blinked his purple eyes.

Pinkie grinned. “Great! Let’s do it, Watson!”

I smiled. Pinkie’s whole form went up in brightness. She was still gray, but it was getting better.

The three of us ran up to the door, i held the doorknobs with my magic, preparing to open them.

“Three.” I said.

“Two.” Pinkie said, a serious look on her face.

Gummy blinked.

I opened the doors wide. Pinkie jumped inside, landing in the middle of the barn.

Twilight, Applejack, Rarity, Rainbow, and Fluttershy jumped out. Their hooves all in the air.

“SURPRISE!” They all yelled.

I jumped next to Pinkie, holding out my hoof. “Happy Birthday!” I said in my Frosty impression.

Pinkie’s jaw dropped. “What?”

“It’s your surprise birthday party!” I said. “Twilight planned it, Rarity designed the party hats, Applejack helped set up and gave the barn for use, Fluttershy also helped set up, Rainbow Dash helped get the cake. Twilight got Mrs. Cake to make your favorite: strawberry cake with chocolate and strawberry icing.”

I walked into her eyesight. “And I helped bring you here! Oh, and we all got you presents!” I cheered.

Twilight trotted up. “So...what do you think Pinkie?”

Pinkie Pie just looked forward, a blank expression on her face. It’s kinda off creepy. The rest of us started feeling a little off put and dejected, until...

The party pony exploded in color. Her body becoming bubblegum pink. Her man came back to color too, turning into cotton candy. Instead of a growl or frustrated frown, she had a face cracking smile.

“You girls are the best friends ever! How could I have ever doubted you?” Pinkie Pie asked.

Twilight smiled, gracefully. “It’s okay, Pinkie Pie. It could have happened to any of us.”

Rainbow Dash nodded. “Uh-huh! It sure would.”

“Don’t worry about it.” Fluttershy whispered.

Applejack scoffed. “All right, girls! Enough of this gab. Let’s party!”

I went up to the record player, setting up the song I brought back from Home.

“Party rocker’s in the house tonight! Everybody just have a good time! And we gon make you lose your mind! We just wanna see ya...shake that!”

With that, the party was on in full swing.


Twilight Sparkle


I held up a quill in my magic, writing out my letter to the Princess. “Dear Princess Celestia, I am writing to you from the most delightful party.”

Looking over the party, I saw everypony gathered around the present table. Pinkie was happily opening a present wrapped in yellow and blue wrapping.

I smiled. “I’m not only having a great time with my friends, but also was given the opportunity to learn a valuable lesson about friendship.”

Pinkie Pie gasped. “Oh My Gosh! This is amazing!”

I looked over to see what it was. Pinkie was holding up a giant pink and blue contraption. It looked very strange.

“What is it?” Rainbow Dash asked.

“It’s The Amazing Kupkakeinator.” Raspberry Stardust said. “An old colleague invented this thing that could make cupcakes out of anything, and I do mean anything. I had to go find another colleague to help recreate one of these.”

Then, I saw something on Raspberry Stardust that I had never seen before. Fear.

“Do you...” She rubbed her hooves together. “Do you like it?”

Pinkie lifted the Kupkakeinator into the sky. “I love it!” She said, hugging it like it was some stuffed animal. “I always love getting new cupcake recipes, and I can make some great ones with this!” Pinkie gave what I believed to be her signature grin. “Thanks Raspberry!”

The look of fear left Raspberry, and was replaced with relief. She was scared of Pinkie not liking her present? Being scared of tests is one thing, but this?

No. I can’t think of her like that. Just because she is different than me, does not mean I can judge. It probably took a lot of courage to tell me her greatest fear.

“Always expect the best from your friends, and never assume the worst.” I said, going back to the Friendship Report. “Rest assured that a good friend always has your best interests at heart. Your faithful student, Twilight Sparkle.”


Princess Luna


The weekly meeting between Raspberry Stardust and I hath commenced once more. This week we were performing ‘Lawn Gnome Beach Party of Terror’, in which I played Luna Garcia-Shapiro. It was an interesting character, I will admit.

Raspberry and her sister, Killjoy, created a large beach in their backyard. It came with an ocean and everything. Off in the distance there was a volcano, this came as a surprise to me.

Their ‘older’ sister, Gleaming appeared sometime ago. Trying to ‘bust’ her sisters. It did not work.

I approached Raspberry, and asked her “why does she continually try to bust you, when it never works?”

The pink unicorn explained it to me. “It’s really simple. Gleaming is a basic sister, who wants to protect her younger siblings. At first, it may have been just to get them in trouble, but with time it became a need to protect us from these destructive things that disappear every day.”

I nodded, understanding an elder sister’s need to protect the other sisters. “Another good question. How do these things disappear every day?”

Raspberry smirked, looking out towards the volcano. “Maybe someday I’ll show you.”

Then, the volcano exploded. Not with lava, but with lawn gnomes.

“RUN! IT’S GNOMEAGGEDON!” A random pony yelled.

Raspberry grabbed My hoof. “Come! We must escaped before the beach vanishes!”

The two of us began running towards the backyard. Looking back, I saw something that made my jaw drop.

Little Lilac was riding a strange contraption, that looked like a carriage but for water usage. She wore a brown fedora on her head. I could barely make out the serious expression on her face.

Sitting behind her, was a creature We thought We would never see again.

He was tall, though not as tall as We recall. He wore a white lab coat, which covered up his mismatched arms. He claws were wrapped around Lilac, and a scared look was on his face.

He turned back to look at the volcano, screaming at the sight of the lawn gnomes.

We could hear a voice call out “Save me, Lilac the Lizard. Save me!”

Something grabbed Our hoof, dragging us away from the beach. Looking at this figure, I saw Raspberry Stardust. She was grinning wide. “You gotta be careful, Lune! You never know what’s happening when you aren’t looking!”

We could not agree with thee more.

Raspberry grimaced, shaking her head. “Sorry. Almost read your thoughts again.”

Author's Note:

Yes. Yes. Another precious chapter is up.
This title is a reference to The Muppet Movie, where Mary and Miss Piggy sing a song about having a ‘party for one’. I thought it would be funny.
Oh, and she didn't actually have somebody make one of those Kupkakeinator. She just grabbed it while having another Cat In the Hat dream, much like when Freddy Krueger is killed. She brought it into real life and gave it to Pinkie. I know most of you don't care, but there's the fact.
Comment, like, and favorite this story and the DMLE!

PreviousChapters Next