• Published 18th Jun 2013
  • 2,704 Views, 86 Comments

The Day My Life Began - Authora97



Drum roll please! (Insert drum noise here) It is the Prequel to 'The Day My Life Ended'! The moment you have been waiting for, so please. Read...

  • ...
14
 86
 2,704

PreviousChapters Next
How to Wreck a Summer Sun Celebration

The party had ended half an hour ago. I was hiding inside the library reading The Elements of Harmony: A Reference Guide. It was an interesting read. A lot of pretty pictures. Who'd da thought huh?

Well, when I noticed the sun had yet to rise, I knew first that I achieved my goal of staying up til sunrise, and that any moment Twilight would bust back in.

So of course, I had to head back and put Lilac in bed. I took the book with me of course. I needed to figure out how it ends!

Yes, I left a note detailing my borrowing of said book. I’m not usually a thief.

By the time I arrived back home, the moon was high in the sky and Lilac was lightly snoring on my back. She better not be drooling on me.

It also gave me time to think about why I was Sent here. The Pushing only happened three times before. On my tenth birthday, Child’s Play and now. Those first two events lead to a big life changer, the Birthday was the start of my Jumping and Child’s Play led me to my sister. What was MLP supposed to give me? The dragon?!

Jumping was actually very complicated when I got down to it. When I started, I was just a little kid and figuring out that I could actually do it. Two Real Life Years went by before I realized it was a curse. Before that, I actually lived almost 90 Fiction Years. It was pain to figure out, I’ve always had problems with Calendar Math. The first time I had clarity on any of it and stopped goofing around was a little over forty years ago, when I was one hundred and fifty-one.

Yeah, the last forty years have been amazing! Some people wouldn’t believe the places I’ve been, the places I’ve seen, the people I became and the people I got to know. All in the course of five Human Years. Really, it had been one hundred ninety-three. It was marvelous.

Just after I put Lilac in her bed, I trotted towards the kitchen to finish reading. The only good bit I had found was that there wasn’t a seventh element. The last thing I needed was to be invited to those events. It was much more exciting to crash the party.

*KNOCK* *KNOCK* *KNOCK* *KNOCK* *KNOCK*

Twilight's here.

Skipping to the door, I gently opened it and saw a group of six ponies outside.

“Twilight, it's six in the morning. What are you doing here?” I asked, half confused and half happy.

The purple unicorn glared at me. “Where's. the. Book.”

“Which book?” I lied.

“The book on the Elements of Harmony.”

“You mean that they are Honesty, Laughter, Kindness, Loyalty, Generosity and a mysterious sixth Element that will only appear when the other five are present along with a spark? That they reside dormant in the Everfree Forest in the Castle of the Royal Pony Sisters? That Nightmare Moon is probably heading there right now to destroy them so they can't banish her into the moon? That book?” I said.

“The Everfree forest?!” All the ponies screamed.

“Yes. Everfree. That’s what the book said. Did I stutter? I tend to do that from time to time. It’s embarrassing.”

Twilight, the studious mare she was, nodded and ran off with her new friends not too far behind.

“Twilight wait! There’s something else!” I yelled “Something that could mean everything!” The mare stopped and even though she was far away, she came back.

“What?” She groaned.

I gripped by pink hooves onto her shoulders, looking her right in the eyes. “Remember the Spark. The Five will bring the six. The Spark is the key. The Spark of Dusk is the key.” I said ominously. “Also, don't get killed.”

It seemed like a good warning. My sister gave it to me all the time. Or did I give it to her and then she flipped me off?

Twilight rolled her eyes, “Just another crazy pony in this crazy town.” With that, she rejoined her friends

Then, I took a nap because it was six in the fucking morning and I was freakin’ tired.


Twilight Sparkle

Just After Twilight teleported into the Tower


“*cough* *cough* *gasp!”

Nightmare Moon. There she was, just on the other side of the room. The Elements of Harmony floating along with her starry mane. Her black as night coat stood out even in this darkness. Her purple helmet fit over her skull and muzzle, framing her long horn as it poked out from the top. Over her chest was she more armor, a light blue moon was placed on the front, mirroring her cutiemark. Her wings were flared out high and prideful. Her hooves were protected by pale purple horseshoes, going up past her knee.

I had been running here to the Castle of the Royal Pony Sisters in search of the five elements the black alicorn held up with her mane. Honesty, Generosity, Laughter, Kindness, Loyalty and the mystery sixth element. Oh, if only I had been able to read that book!

The night had not been easy. Those five crazy mares had followed me here, first off. Next, I nearly fell off a cliff! Then there was that manticore attack, those trees, the river serpent and the incident with the bridge just outside the castle. To top it all off, it was eternal night outside.

Nightmare Moon chuckled, showing off her victory. Lightning went off around her as she laughed, surprising me.

I wasn’t about to let everypony down. Not when I was this close to ending this. To bringing back the Princess and the sun.

Giving the dark alicorn a determined glare, I dug my hoof across the stoney ground.

Nightmare Moon gave me a questioning look as the elements were placed down by her hooves. “You’re kidding? You’re kidding, right?” She asked.

To show her I was serious, I dug my hoof again and prepped a teleport spell.

I began running towards Nightmare Moon, hoping she would join in my charge.

She did.

We both ran closer to each other. Closer, closer, just a little closer.

*pop*

In a blink of my eyes, I stood where the Elements of Harmony had been placed. Still a little dizzy from the teleport, I focused on a spell to hopefully make that spark Raspberry had told me off.

For a brief second (and not for the first time) I wondered why I should trust that crazy unicorn. For all I know, she could’ve been lying. Of course, I stood exactly where she said the Elements would be. She never told me how she found Lilac! Or how she knew all those things about me!

“Ugh! Just one spark. Come on, come on.”

The spell had have been working. I made sure to stay focused on the task at hoof. Getting that spark the Elements needed.

I heard a small sound, I think they must be working!

*zap*

“Ah!”

The electricity shot my back a couple yards, at least five, away from the Elements. Did the spell backfire? Looking up at them I saw Nightmare Moon standing around them.

Sparks started dancing about the five orbs by the night mare’s hooves, the glow of my magic still around them as the spell did it’s work.

“No. No!” Nightmare Moon shouted.

It was working. The spell was going to work. The sixth element should appear any second and-

It stopped.

Raspberry Stardust...I knew she lied to me!

“*gasp* but... where’s the sixth Element?!” I yelled, still in anger as to believing some crazy pony I had just met.

“Ha!” She laughed, lifting her black hooves up and slamming them on the ground.

Smashing the Elements into broken shards.

“You little foal! Thinking you could defeat me? Now you will never see you princess, or your sun! The night will last forever! BWAHAHAHAHA!” Nightmare Moon laughed as her mane grew and began swirling around above her.

It didn’t work...the spark didn’t work. Why did I have to listen to Raspberry Stardust? Why didn’t I just read the book?

Wait...that last thing Raspberry told me...

“Remember the Spark. The Five will bring the six. The Spark is the key. The Spark of Dusk is the key.”

“Does this answer thou questioning dearest Sparkle of Twilight?”

Raspberry Stardust. Was this what she was trying to tell me? Of course! The Five will bring the six! Spark of Dusk could also mean Spark of Twilight... Twilight Sparkle. I have to give Raspberry some credit, that was quite clever.

But what does that have to do with the Elements of Harmony?

“Don't worry Twilight, we're here!”

“Don’t worry, we’ll be there.”

“*gasp*” Why didn’t I see it before?

I turned to Nightmare Moon, determined. “You think you can destroy The Elements of Harmony just like that? Well, you're wrong, because the spirits of The Elements of Harmony are right here!”

The mares stood around me, ready to face down the Nightmare.

“What?” Nightmare asked.

I gestured a hoof towards the farm mare. “Applejack, who reassured me when I was in doubt, represents the spirit of... honesty!

“Fluttershy, who tamed the manticore with her compassion, represents the spirit of... kindness!

“Pinkie Pie, who banished fear by giggling in the face of danger, represents the spirit of... laughter!

“Rarity, who calmed a sorrowful serpent with a meaningful gift represents the spirit of... generosity!

“And Rainbow Dash, who could not abandon her friends for her own heart's desire represents the spirit of... loyalty!

“The spirits of these five ponies got us through every challenge you threw at us.” I told Nightmare Moon.

“You still don't have the sixth Element! The spark didn't work!” She pointed out.

“But it did! A different kind of spark. I felt it the very moment I realized how happy I was to hear you, to see you, how much I cared about you. The spark ignited inside me when I realized that you all... are my friends!”

Above our heads, a bright light went off. A final orb was revealed and I saw it had a star the same shape as my cutiemark. The spark finally worked.

“You see, Nightmare Moon, when those Elements are ignited by the... the spark, that resides in the heart of us all, it creates the sixth element: the element of... magic!”

Above our heads, a large burst of light came. It looked like the spheres from before but with a six pointed star like on my cutiemark. It started glowing brightly before hovering down towards the six of us.

I felt my hooves slowly being lifted up, a series of six pops filled my ears. A surge of magic went thru me and I cast it towards Nightmare Moon.

“Nooo! Nooo!”


Morgan/Raspberry


When I woke up, there was some fucking idiot knocking on my door. Don’t the ponies ever sleep?! It has to be like, eight in the morning!

Stumbling out of my pony bed, I trotted towards the door. “I’m Coming! Leave your horseshoes on.” The pony had ceased knocking, so I opened with the door with some grace. That went out the window when the light hit my eyes.

Outside, was Princess Celestia, Twilight and Spike.

Celestia stood really tall, her pure white coat with golden jewelry with purple jewels shining in the bright daylight. Her mane was flowing with four colors, blue, green, purple and pink. Her eyes were magenta pink with a tinge of purple. Her flank her the usual sun and then her four colored tail. It was weird...but I could feel something weird coming off her. What it was, I couldn’t tell.

“Too early.” I groaned, rubbing my eyes with my hoof.

Twilight smiled, a first for today, and held out her hoof. “Raspberry Stardust, thank you.”

“Sorry, could you repeat that?” I asked. “I must be exhausted, because I could’ve just sworn you said thank you to me.”

“I did.” The unicorn smiled. “And I mean it. If it wasn’t for you, I don’t think I would’ve figured it out.”

“Figured what out?” I asked.

“The Sixth Element of Harmony.” Princess Celestia explained. “The Element of Magic.”

“You woke up me up for a thank-you?” Holding back the urge to growl, I glared at Twilight.

“Not exactly, the Princesses heard about Lilac and they wanted to see her.” Twilight explained.

“Where’s Luna in that case?” I asked, noticing the absence of the blue alicorn.

“How didst thou know Our name?” A voice asked from behind Celestia, slowing coming into view.

The Moon Princess was much different than the Nightmare Night episode. Her midnight blue coat was there, same for the stunning green eyes and moon cutiemark. The difference was in the mane, it was powder blue and made to curl at the ends. She looked a little upset, but that was understandable. Her jewelry was silver with moon insignias on it.

“Your sister controls the sun, her name is Celestia meaning light. You must control the moon, Nightmare Moon, hence your name, Luna, meaning moon. It’s not that hard to figure out.” Tapping a hoof on my chin, I looked at Luna with a curious gaze. “Nice mane, it goes with your coat.” I complimented.

Luna smiled, taking careful steps towards me. “Also, I have a sleeping dragon in the house so refrain from the whole Royal Canterlot Voice if you would be so kind.” The blue alicorn nodded.

“*ahem* Raspberry Stardust.” Great start. “We wish to see thou dragon that Twilight Sparkle and Spike the dragon claims thou has within thy walls.” Great finish.

“I can show you her, but she’s needs her sleep after staying up all night. She’s very young and I don’t want to deal with a cranky dragon this early.” I excused.

“It’s eight thirty.” Spike deadpanned.

“We all stayed up til six to watch the sun not rise. I think that deserves a whole day of sleep. Don’t you?” I asked. “Try coming back at lunch, Lilac’ll be awake then.” I explained. The Princesses, Twilight and Spike nodded.

Nodding, I prepared to close the door.

“I still have a question.”

So close.

“Yes Twilight?” I held back groaning, I had to try and be civil.

“How did you know about how I would earn the Element of Magic?” Twilight asked.

Without missing a beat. “I’m psychic.” When I tried closing the door, golden magic covered it and pushed it open.

“Why do I have trouble believing you?” Celestia asked me.

“Most ponies do...they don’t believe in my great skills of Awesomeness.” I bragged. “Plus, does it really matter how I came across such information?”

Twilight Sparkle was starting to look angry. “Not only did you know about the Element of Magic, you also knew about Nightmare Moon and how the Princess told me to come here to plan, even though I didn’t tell you.”

“I like to brag about my detective skills.”

“You’re a detective?” Celestia asked me.

“Only on Thursdays. Wednesday’s I’m a paranormal creature. Tuesday’s I tend to save the world. Monday I work on fun stuff. Sunday I sleep. Saturday I sleep and eat. Friday I sleep, eat and get ready for the week.” I said quickly. “No, I’m not a detective. I am pretty good at being a detective though, then again I’m also a good-”

“Raspberry Stardust cease thou crazed speech!” Luna yelled. Her voice almost turning into Royal Canterlot.

“Okay! Okay! Sheesh. Tough crowd.” GIving my eyes a quick roll, I looked over at Twilight. “Twilight, don’t get stuck on those little things. I just do things like that. It’s just Raspberry Stardust being Raspberry Stardust.”

“But-”

“Now, as much as I hate slamming doors on others, I need and want to sleep. So, good day.” I smiled.

“But-”

I said good day!” Giving them a smile, I wrapped the door in my own amber magic that covered Celestia’s and slammed it shut.

I barely had time to stumble to the couch before I fell asleep, praying to the Story that it would let me go home soon. Believe it or not, I was starting miss that Bellingham girl.

Author's Note:

Another chapter. See, I do care.
Give me some reviews, brings up the green bar, favorite this story!
Read the now finished Day My Life Ended!

PreviousChapters Next