• Published 18th Jun 2013
  • 2,704 Views, 86 Comments

The Day My Life Began - Authora97



Drum roll please! (Insert drum noise here) It is the Prequel to 'The Day My Life Ended'! The moment you have been waiting for, so please. Read...

  • ...
14
 86
 2,704

PreviousChapters Next
Back to Life

The two of us awakened slowly. Apparently, I had been placed on the floor…again. I rubbed my eyes with my hands. Felt good to say that.

“Ah…fingers, how I have missed you so.” Darcy said from my bed. “Oh, the things we can do.”

I rolled my eyes, grabbing into a piece of furniture to lift myself up off the ground. It was a strange feeling, like I was sleeping on the ground.

“Told you it would work.” I laughed, cracking some of my locked joints.

Darcy was doing the same. “Gah! It feels great to be a person again. How long will I be like this? I miss flying already!” She groaned.

I raised a brow. “You want to go back that quickly?”

“What? No! I just want to fly. Can I go back to being a witch?” Darcy asked, her puppy dog eyes showing.

“No.” I said. “I need some time to recharge. It’s hard lugging your ass around the TV screens ya know.”

Darcy laughed. “Great, so how long til I can fly?”

I thought it over. I would need some supplies, need to do some more research on the show, maybe watch the new episode, do my homework and some chores, get the film developed from the camera, create a game plan, keep Darcy away from my family with minimal damage. How long would it take for me to do that on my teenage schedule?

“A week.” I answered. Darcy grinned.

“Joy!” She cheered. “I have a week of fun!”

I laughed, slapping her arm. “Good for you.”

My twin stood up, walking over to my closet where she had kept most of her things. “Your wallet is in your back skinny jean pocket, lucky knife is right next to wear you materialized, painted sneakers are at the bottom of the closet.”

“You know me so well.” Darcy said, smiling almost mockingly.

“We’ve been sisters for almost forty years. How could I not know you?” I asked her, walking towards my laptop to figure out what homework I had.

“Limits?”

“If you murder, make it quiet. If you have sex, try to withhold your fetish of killing the guy-”

“Or girl.” Darcy winked.

Hahaha. I think you might have to refresh your fake ID, it says your 24.

“I’m 36, that’s low balling. And your 192, fifteen is Low Balling Xtreme!” Darcy mocked, putting on her red sneakers with her initials painted on the sides in royal purple. She liked painting on things paint didn’t belong on.

“Good point. Also, stop mentioning my age!” I ordered. Damn it, I had three math lessons to do.

“Anything else?”

“If you go to Longhorn Steakhouse, Sticky Fingers, TGIF, or any other place with rips, keep it clean. It’s getting hard to come with excuses as to why there are steak sauce stains on your clothes, and for trying to say they’re my clothes.” I said. Crap, I have an English assignment due Monday. It’s Thursday, so that’s good I think. Chemistry project due...today. History...good. Spanish 2...a little behind.

I’m good with school!

“Well, I’ll be off.” Darcy said, walking towards my door.

“Wait!” I nearly screamed, running up and blocking her from leaving.

Her eyes wide were in anger, confusion and shock. “Gah! Morgue!” It slowly faded into annoyance. “Rule 22-”

“Never let Darcy be seen when the parents are home!” I whispered harshly.

Slowly, I opened my door and checked the hall. Damian’s door was closed, Terence’s was too, Mom and Dad’s was wide open. I took a cautionary sniff. Mom made dinner; fried rice.

“There having dinner. You’re gonna wanna take the window route.” I suggested.

Darcy groaned, walking towards one of my windows as I took out the rope ladder. “You can’t keep me a secret forever. There gonna find out eventually.”

Turning to her, I gave her a sad look. I knew that Mom and Dad would find out sooner or later, I preferred if Future Morgan dealt with it. It’s gonna be her problem.

“You can’t give it to Future Morgan forever.” Darcy said, almost reading my thoughts. “Soon you’ll be Future Morgan.”

“Then I’ll blame Past Morgan. Future Morgan gets all the problem while we just coast, leaving almost carefree with only your identity being the big issue.” I said, my words sure. I tossed Darcy the ladder.

The girl rolled her eyes, opening the blinds and window. She placed the ladder so it wouldn’t let her fall and let it fall. It made a thud. I freaked out for a moment, but the parents didn’t make any noise as to check it out. I gave Darcy a wave as she climbed down.

“Don’t die.” I told her as she went down a few steps.

She looked up at me, purple eyes smirking in her usual proud way. “You can’t get of me this easily.”

I laughed, not leaving my window until Darcy was a speck in the distance.

Now, for the fun part.


When Jumping, it is important to remember these steps:

Step 1. No loose ends. Know everything you can know about everyone. Did they get arrested? What family do they have? Any canon shipping relationships? Doyou have any family that could endanger any missions? Once all this is done, you have completed Step One.

Step 2. What are you planning to do? Example- Police investigation, do you immediately find the killer for the police? Will you stand on the sidelines, giving occasional hints as to the killer’s identity? Or, will you stand with the main characters and play an active part in the investigation? Once you have figured out your game plan for that episode/movie/chapter, then you have completed Step Two.

Step 3. Supplies. What do you need? Is there some sickness that requires specific ingredients? Is there a time when you want an ending to go another way, what do you need for it? Get it! Would you like to stop your favorite character from being stupid? Get whatever you need! Need a rocket? Get it! Once you have all you need, you have completed Step Three.

Step 4. Never. Get. Caught. If they find out you know too much, you could end up like Cassia Tiponi. Don’t end up like Cassia Tiponi. Call Direct- Wait, getting off track.

*Ahem*. Secrecy is the most important thing in this game. If you use a fake name, never have your real name be known. Ever. Once you are sure of this, you have completed Step Four.

Step 5: Have fun!

Those are the steps. Use them. They are your life. Everything you would ever need is in those steps. Good luck, may the Story help you prosper.


Day Three: Saturday Morning


“Yeah, I knew everything was gonna be fine!” Spike said as the Friendship Express rode off towards Ponyville, Twilight’s eyes rolling.

Taking down the last bits of notes, my eyes went back and forth from the TV screen to my clipboard. My shopping list was nearly finished. I would need a new audio recorder, that song they did earlier about the Crystal Empire was kinda cool. A video camera would be good for when AJ and Rarity are trying to protect the ‘Crystal Heart’ too.

Now, I think I have some good ideas for the other episodes. I had a mini-marathon last night of the two season and the premiere of this one. My brain felt a little fried, but it did not matter. I still had some things to do and get. It was good that Shining Armor and Princess Mi Amore Cadenza got another episode. I liked them. It would be cool to be friends with them, would have to get rid of Darcy though. The last thing I need is for her to ruin a first impression...again.

‘So what we get drunk, so what we smoke weed

“Gah!” Speak of the devil.

We’re just havin’ fun, we don’t care who sees

So what we go out? That’s how it’s supposed ta be!

Livin’ young ‘n wild ‘n free!’

Picking up my phone, I saw Darcy’s photo appear on the screen. It was of her on Halloween dressed as Jason. I was next to her dressed as Perizada. My official favorite Fae.

I clicked the green button and heard my sister’s cheery voice. “Hey! What’s up Morgue?”

“What did you do?”

“What makes you think I did something?”

A beat.

“Okay. I need some help.”

“Dead body?”

“Not this time.” Darcy whined. “I may have stolen a car.”

“Model?”

“I don’t know. A Chev maybe? The one with four rings.”

“Audi.”

“That one!” Darcy said triumphantly.

“Witnesses?”

“None.”

“Return it. I’m still working Recon and my dad is breathing down my neck about those late math lessons.” I said, placing my checklist aside and heading out of my room for something to eat.

“What? Morgue, you’ve taken Geometry five times already! Can’t you just do the whole book or something?” Darcy groaned.

“No. Too suspicious. I already have the second highest score in my class.”

“Does Terence have first?” Darcy laughed. “How gold is he? Eleven?”

“Shut up.” I kept from swearing as I walked past my parent’s room.

My sister laughed. “Okay. I’ll return the car, but only if we get to go someplace together. Like, the movies or something.”

I shrugged, walking into my kitchen and grabbing an apple.Were these still fresh? “Kay. That movie Sinister is out. We can go see that.”

“Awesome! Pick you up in thirty.”

“In the sto-” click. “Ugh. She’s picking me up in a stolen car.”

“What?” My little brother, Terence, asked.

“Nothing.” I lied, taking a bite from the apple and running up to my room to avoid further questioning.

Staring at the apple, I couldn’t help but think about Lilac. That cute little dragon. She liked apples, bananas too. The girl loved banana nut muffins, it was weird.

She felt like family, really, but I was still unsure about the whole thing. I’d be lying if I said I didn’t want kids someday, but I’m sixteen going on seventeen. How was I going to raise Lilac? How would it explain what I am to her? Would I bring her Home and tell her? Would I stay in Ponyville to explain it?

Maybe I’m overthinking it. I think I’ll just wait it out, let it happen on it’s own. She’s a smart girl, she’ll figure it out.

Yeah. I know. Bad plan. Future Morgan’s problem.


Day Five. Monday Afternoon


“That’ll be” tap. tap. tap. “$36.50”

“Thanks.” I said, taking the supply bag from the store clerk and walking toward my waving sister.

Darcy smiled. Her outfit today was a black top with a picture of Jason on the front. Her usual jeans went down to her black cargo boots.

“So, what did ya get?” Darcy asked.

“Disposable cameras, a dark red blanket, bug repellant, an umbrella hat, and some more clear nail polish for you to use as you please.”

“Eeeh!” Darcy squealed, reaching into the bag and pulling out the small tub of polish. “You do care.”

“As much as you do.” I mocked.

Once school had ended, I told my parents I was walking home. The boys had a basketball game so I would be alone for the night. I spent this time with Darcy.

She looked around, noticing various people and their large shopping bags. “Why Town Center?”

“Because you got banned from the mall in Charleston.” I said, playing a game on my iPhone.

“Pfft. That guy was asking for it.”

“No, he asked you to stop. Repeatedly.’

“He kept hitting on me.”

“So you hit him?”

“Yes.” Darcy said, smirking and leaning back in her chair.

I rolled my eyes and chuckled. Darcy was insane.


Day Eight. Thursday Night.


“Are you finished yet?!” Darcy shouted. “I’ve run out of places to break into!”

“No. I’m not done. So shut up.” I said, finishing up the order on Amazon for the devices I needed. I ducked, avoiding the pillow Darcy threw at my head.

“I want to fly again! Prank Rainbow Dash! Why do I miss that girly place so much!?!”

“Because you could write off pranks as magic and everypony would believe you.”

“Yeah! Take me back there! NOW!”

“DARCY ELIZABETH ANDERSON, SHUT UP!” I scolded. “I have a system, it works. I’m working on the last bit, which just happens to be recording devices (audio and visual) so you can record what happens to Rainbow Dash and what she says. Happy?” I turned my laptop screen to face my straight haired twin.

She eyed the screen warily. Darce looked back and forth from the screen to me, trying to decide if she liked it. “For now.”

Placing the laptop back on my lap, I sent out the order form and shut it all down.

“There, now we can go back.”

“Whoopie!” Darcy cheered, making me wondered why she was so excited to go back. She hated Equestria. Why the sudden interest?

“Alright.” Grabbing the remote and putting that train of thought on hold, I pulled up an episode of My Little Pony.

“I still have one question.” Darcy said as I grabbed my supply bag.

“What?”

“Why the bug repellant?”

Yes. I didn’t tell her about the parasprites. No, I wasn’t going to before they showed up.

“Mosquitos. They kept biting me the whole time we were there.” I lied.

Darcy laughed. “Don’t worry about that repellant, your personality is enough.”

“I’ll just send them to you.”

“My blood will be too awesome, they’ll die like that.” Darcy said, snapping.

I gave a laugh as I pressed play, gripping Darcy’s hand as my vision filled with white.

Author's Note:

Another chapter. Yay!
Comment, like, favorite this and The Day My Life Ended!

PreviousChapters Next