• Published 18th Jun 2013
  • 2,704 Views, 86 Comments

The Day My Life Began - Authora97



Drum roll please! (Insert drum noise here) It is the Prequel to 'The Day My Life Ended'! The moment you have been waiting for, so please. Read...

  • ...
14
 86
 2,704

PreviousChapters Next
Movie Night

The day had gone...actually quiet. I had gone back Home once I put Lilac to bed. She was okay, surprising after the day she had. She was only five for Story’s sake!

I was still working over the Plan. I couldn’t go back to Equestria without a good plan.

Some things could stay the same. Like my plan for the Chery Episode: staying in Ponyville. My emergency plan for if Lilac was ever picked for Family Appreciation Day was gone, so that was a thing I would have to fix. Sisterhoof Social was out the window.

It was all falling apart.

Don’t even get me started on what to do with Mia and Shiny’s wedding. I would have to start working soon so I could get invited, maybe get made Maid of Honor. That would be funny, I would need to take a photo of Sparkle of Twilight’s face if that ever happened.

Ugh. Planning is difficult. But, somehow fun.

What could I do as procrastination?


Math. Math is what I can do.

I started doing a month’s worth of math work. It shouldn’t be too long. I’ve done this class at least five times.

Once, in Full House, once in My Wife and Kids, once in George Lopez, once in Hannah Montana, once in Kim Possible, and finally once in Lilo and Stitch.

What? I stayed ten years in that one! That counts!

Point is, I could do this geometry.

Dad didn’t think I could. He would have a tutor come on Tuesdays and help me. Do you have any idea how annoying it is to pretend to be stupid so they don’t suspect I’ve gone through high a dozen times?

He would sometimes sit me down and demand I do math. The problem wasn’t that I didn’t do it, it was just that I wouldn’t turn it in.

It’s incredibly boring going to his math class. To hear the same lesson again and again. Hell, once class I mouthed the lesson as he was teaching it! To hear the same questions being asked by the students. To have to hold back on wrapping my hands around their throat.

I had to turn in ten lessons of math. I had done twelve, plus two tests.

Now, I was finishing lesson 46. Three chapters ahead of the rest of the class. I’ll turn it in on Friday, so maybe I can do Lesson Zero in peace.

The joy of being Morgan Spencer.


Everyone thinks I have no friends. Everyone.

They would ask me if I had anyone to talk to. If I had anyone who believed me (really sad when this comes from Mom) or for me to believe in.

That’s not exactly how it is.

My mind flashed to four people. Darcy Anderson, the friend who tried to kill me. Caroline Bellingham, the friend who cared. Princess Luna, the friend who understood. Pinkie Pie, the friend who decided to be my friend without care or consequence.

Then I thought about other problems. My relationship with Mom is strained at best, same with the rest of my family. I’m still rewriting Plans from now until the Crystal Empire. Any day, I could be taken over by some creepy psycho bitch who enjoys hurting people, even though I told her she couldn’t have me. I have a lot of homework due, mainly because I was too blinded by grief to do much of it.

Oh, and prom is tomorrow!

I chuckled a bit at my own joke.

A sudden light attracted my attention over to my phone. Someone had just sent me a text. Walking over to me phone, I saw it was a text from Care.

‘The movie is @ 7:30 tonight. We’ll pick u up at 6:45, since u r closest to the theater.’

I frowned, then smiled. Right. Rise of the Guardians. Looking forward to that. Wonder what mythical character I’ll be?

‘It’s theatre, Care.’

‘:P’


*knock* *knock* *knock*

The knocks came at 6:46. Not too bad.

I grabbed my purse, running out of the house. In it, I had my wallet, keys, phone, headphones, and a few pens. I know, real girly girl I am.

“Love you, Morgan.” My mom called out.

“Bye.” I said, curtly.

Of course, being 192 has it perks. I have a lot of money saved up, from the multiple jobs and such. Most of it I had put in savings, a set 35% of my cash was in checking. It gave me about...$254,998.3. Just guessing.

Like I said, being 192 has it’s perks.

I saved a lot of money staying homeless, or living in dingy apartments. Oh, and participating in a robbery every few movies. It’s easier than you think to sell stuff of the black market.

I walked up to the driveway, seeing one of those station wagons from the 80’s. I didn’t judge, since I once drove in the Mystery Van.

Care was waving to me from the passenger seat. Rolling my eyes, I went up to the car.

I sat in the back, where two other girls sat.

Maddie I recognized. The other girl, not so much.

“Hello.” I said.

“Hi.” The girl said. “I’m Grace.”

“Morgan.” I introduced myself. Ugh, it feels kinda weird to go back to my real name after being called Raspberry and Mom.

Grace looked like a sweet girl. 5’4, I’m guessing. Her hair was neck length, brown, and held back in a messy bun. She has gently brown eyes, and some acne on her face.

“We asked around the school, and Grace wanted to come with.” Anna explained, backing out of the driveway.

I nodded, looking out the window as they drove out of the neighborhood.

“So, how are we doing this?” Care asked.

“Me and you have our own money.”

“You and I.” I corrected, still looking out the window.

Care laughed.

Anna did too. “Right.”

“I have my own cash, so I can pay for myself.”

“Me too.” Grace said.

“Covered.” I admitted. “You guys can use my Regal card. I’m close to a free movie ticket.”

“Me too.” Maddie said.

“We can use Morgan’s first, then Maddie’s.” Anna said. “Popcorn?”

“I’m buying myself a large popcorn, and a large sprite.” I said.

“Sounds good.”

I nodded, looking out the window. The white noise of the others talking filled my ears, something about chemistry class. Wow, going to the movies was fun.


The movie theatre was really close to my house. Town Centre was maybe a five minute drive, and then a five minute walk to the theatre.

I walked ahead of the girls, since they were all so busy gossiping. I found the ticket booth, and saw our movie was in 3D.

“Hey Carver.” I said, walking up to the ticket booth.

The dark skinned man behind the glass grinned at me. “Morgan. Back again I see.”

“Yeah.”

He looked at the girls behind me. “You brought friends.”

“Yep.” I counted. “That’s one for the seven thirty Rise of the Guardians.” I passed him my debit card and regal card.

Carver nodded. He did the transcation, then gave me my ticket. “Oh, and you just earned another free movie ticket.”

I laughed. “Oh joy. I think I might end up seeing Wreck-It Ralph with it.”

“Didn’t you see that last week?” Carver asked.

I smirked. “Yep. Gonna see it again.”

Carver laughed, handing me my ticket.

I handed my regal card to Care. “You go to the movies a lot?”

“Enough to earn 3,000 points.” I shrugged. “Since I just got a movie ticket.”

Care’s jaw dropped. “That’s a lot of popcorn.”

I laughed. “Never doubt Morgan’s love of popcorn! Rule 49.” With that, I skipped off into the theatre.

“Hey Tori!” I cheered, seeing who was working today.

The blonde woman at the tearing ticket station smiled at me. “Hi Morgan.”

“I haven’t seen you in forever.” I said, handing her my ticket.

She tore it up. “Yeah. You haven’t been here in a week or two.”

“School was extra difficult.” I sighed, seeing the others walk in. “Oh. I brought company.”

“Well, you’re in theatre one on your left. Enjoy.” Tori said.

“Always do.” I said, stepping aside so my friends could go.

Tori looked at all my friends, smiling pile all employees do. I skipped over to the concession lines, not very long.

Soon, Care and Maddie joined me. “You know everyone that works here?” Care pointed out.

I shrugged. “Just the ones you interact with.” Soon we were at the front of the line. “Bailey! Good ta see ya.”

The worker smiled at me. “Hello Morgan.” He held up a box of milk duds. “Can I interest you in milk duds?”

I shook my head, grabbing a box of Cookie Dough bites. “No, but can I have this and a number one? Large sprite, large popcorn.”

Bailey nodded, going off to fill out my order.

“How can you afford all of this?” Maddie asked. “I thought you didn’t have a job.”

I drew a blank. What could I say to people who could bring it back to Mom or Dad? “I work nights.” Not technically a lie.

“Do you sell drugs?” Maddie joked.

“You looking to buy?” I joked back.

She laughed. Bailey came back to give me my order.

“That’ll be $27.45.” Bailey said.

I handed him my debit and regal card. On my way to a free popcorn!


The five of us walked into the theatre.

Because the movie had been out for awhile, we were pretty much all alone in the theatre.

We sat near the bottom, in front of this bars. I picked my feet up, putting down my drink, candy, and food.

Care sat next to me. Maddie next to her. Anna next to her, and then Grace at the end. A part of me was very happy Lauren and Becca didn’t come.

The caramel haired girl reached over, taking some of my popcorn.

“I don’t recall the conversation where I said this was popcorn to share.” I commented dryly.

Care just laughed.

“Not a joke.” I commented, pulling the popcorn away from her.

Care smirked, eating the popcorn she had stolen from me. “So, what was that you said earlier about Rule 9?”

“49.” I corrected. “Never doubt my love of popcorn.”

Maddie leaned over. “Rules? Since when was that a rule?”

“It’s one of my rules.” I stated. “Morgan Spencer has rules.”

“What are a few of them?” Care asked.

“Yeah. This is the most I have ever heard you talk.” Maddie commented. “Keep going!”

“Rule One: I lie.” I stated. “Rule Two: Make the impossible happen. Rule Three: Never give up. Rule Four: She knows everything. Rule Five-”

“Wait, what?” Care laughed.

“-She never guesses.” I finished. “What?”

“You know everything?” Care laughed.

“Yes.” I argued. “Could you not already tell?”

Maddie laughed. “Morg, you’re hilarious!”

“Morgue.” I corrected. Why did I have the feeling I would be correcting a lot. “Don’t make fun of the Rules.” I said, my voice low.

“We’re not making fun of the rules, just that one.” Maddie pointed out.

“Wait. Are there forty-nine rules?” Grace asked. “Since the one with popcorn was 49?”

I smirked. Clever. “I have close to seventy-five off of the top of my head.” I stated. “Most of which I have taken from horror movies.”

“Oh, now those are some good rules.” Maddie said.

“Definately.” Care agreed. “What are some of them?”

“Never say be right back, never do drugs, no heels, no driving a car unless I can repair it, no basement checks, and no going to parties at the main character’s house.” I listed.

The girls all laughed. A small family a ways behind us shushed.

“Sorry.” Anna called back.

Just in time, the previews started.

This summer, Morgan Spencer will be...


The movie was over.

The five of us were walking out, talking about our favorite moments. Well, I was. They were talking about how cute Jack looked.

I walked back to concessions, getting my popcorn bucket refilled and my soda. Anna joined me, since she had a Diet Coke.

Once that was done, we all went towards the door.

“Morgan?” A voice called.

I turned, seeing a manager come up to me. She looked a little miffed. What had I done now?

“Yes,” I looked at her name tag. “Mission?” Not the weirdest name ever.

She handed me a slip of paper. “Someone came by, and said it was for you.”

Curious, I took the slip of paper. It just had some message, written in a specific shade of blue ink.

‘1-800-555-1945. XO.’

My eyes widened. Could it be...?

“Sorry girls. I have to take this.”


I ran outside, pulling my Infinity Bag up. I know the phone I had the Doctor make universal was around here somewhere.

It was a old flip phone, since I liked ending phone calls that way. It used to be my dad’s, but he stopped using it. Unless I charged it, it was a basic toy.

I dialed the number on the piece of paper. Future Me usually never messages this direct, unless it was important.

The person on other end picked up.

“Hello sweetie.”

I squealed, quietly. This was my first contact with her since Silence in the Library. She washed usual self, a few changes here and there. She called the Doctor just sweetie instead of pretty boy, and when I asked her why, she said pretty boy was taken. I assume she was talking about Eleven.

She was still sad. Even though I knew who she was. It like I was still missing this huge piece of a puzzle. It pissed me off.

She had given me a message from Future Me. A raspberry beret, with pictures down into the inside of the hat. I figured out one of the pictures: a banana and a ruby over a purple heart. Lilac.

The other three I was having more trouble with. ‘DA/KJ+VP’, a gold tiara over an outline of wings, and a jar of honey over a heart. Not a bear shaped jar, or anything stupid like that. It was kinda like a baby food jar, with a picture of a bee ready to sting on it.

Future Me pisses me off sometimes.

“Hello Rivy.” I said.

I had greeted her like this in the Library. She was less than enthused. So, I knew this was her nickname.

She groaned, lightly. “Must you always call that?”

“Must you call me sweetie? No offense, but that makes me sound like your girlfriend. I’m not too eager to share a partner with the Doctor.”

I could hear her smirking. “Right. Well, then just what should I call you?”

“Something other than sweetie.” I laughed. “No pet names. Just something. Why do I have to do all the work?”

River laughed. “I’ll get on that.” She paused a moment.

“Where are we?” I asked. Time to sync up the diaries.

“I just finished Florida.”

I laughed. “Oh. Sorry for anything he may or not have done. I don’t know. I haven’t lived it yet.”

“One of these days I’m going to remember to ask you first.”

“Not a chance.” I laughed. “Why did you send your number here?”

River scoffed. “You told me to call a theatre, then give them my number. What else was I supposed to do?”

I shrugged. “Good point.” I sighed. “What’s the word on the street?”

“Morgan!” A voice yelled.

Looking over, I saw my friends motion me to come towards them. I rolled my eyes. “Okay. Got move and talk. River, I’ll have to respond in code.”

“You love talking in code.”

I laughed, walking up to my new friends. They were all laughing about the movie.

“As you were.” I instructed River.

“You left me a letter, detailing what I was supposed to say and ask.” River explained.

“Sure it’s from Terra?” I asked.

“You wrote it in Spanish.”

“Ah.” I nodded. “Well. On with the letter.”

“How did you survive Torchwood Manor?”

I thought it over. Torchwood was still way back with Rose. The two of them had gone ahead, but I stayed behind so as not to ruin my surprise. When I was young, I Jumped to that book series Royal Diaries under the name Lady Camilla Swift of Orange Manor. So, I got to have a bit of fun with that.

I came out from the TARDIS in a time period dress. I introduced myself as Lady Terra Johnson of Orange Manor, daughter of the late Lady Swift. Queen Victoria, or Toria as I called her when I was Camilla, was very impressed to see me. The Doctor was so confused.

Seriously. When he gives you his confused face, it’s like the best thing in the world. I wish I had taken a picture.

Oh, the things I did. I spoke with a clear, crisp words. I maintain proper poise. My hands were kept clasped in front of me. Basically, I followed all of the advice I had been getting from princess, queens, and ladies since I first met one.

It was all going great. Seeing Toria after a century, and hearing more about her. Leaving the Doctor in a recurring state of confusion.

Then, the werewolf happened.

The wolf was chasing us all. We were close to the room where the mistletoe was. Then, out of nowhere, the Doctor gets all pissy at me. He shoves me into a closet, and then leaves.

I got out of the closet, just in time for the werewolf to come around. That was when I blacked out.

“I...actually don’t know. Something about... burning.” I said.

When I woke up, I was in the mistletoe room. My soul felt like it was on fire. Like, melting inside me fire. There was an imprint on my brain of being possessed, but not for long.

Possessed? Oh. The same manner of possession as in Danny Phantom. Each ghost has their own possession feel. Walker and his goons feel of misery with smell of metal. Desiree had taste of bliss with a blue sound. Danny had feel of blue with taste of green. I had feel of strawberry and taste of yellow.

You really do just taste yellow after I possess you! Don’t ask.

Why is that important? Because that was what I found when I woke up. I was possessed by myself. Or, at least, someone who has my ghost feel. Like, a clone.

So. Anyway. That was it.

No. Wait. The Doctor got even more confused when I revealed I was Camilla the whole time. Then, Queen Victoria gave me another Honorary. Lady Terra of TARDIS.

That made me more important the Doctor. Ha! I love flaunting that in his face.

“Yes. Future You said that is how take on...according to this letter, the ‘changelings’.” River explained to me.

Huh. She said it in that tone where she was trying to hide what she knew. It was fairly easy to spot if you paid attention. Why would she hide her knowledge of changelings?

My face scrunched up in confusion. “What the heck does that mean?”

“Hold on. There’s more.” River said, almost like a child scolding their child. I groaned, almost stomping my foot. “It also says you’ve used this power before, but it only works in the virtual realities.”

I scoffed. “I used the player, Emily, from GWS.” I said. “She’s really awesome. Got these werewolf powers. How else was I gonna take out that boss?”

There was the sound of pages turning. “She says the other one was ‘Voice Over’.”

“She’s an antihero in Marvel. She controls people with just a few words. Kinda like subtle manipulation.” I explained, hoping none of these girls were nerds who checked Marvel facts online. “But how did-”

“Dummy parents.”

My jaw dropped. “So when those guys kick in, it’s actually VO?!”

“According to you, yes.” River said.

It clicked. “Of course! Crossovers! Basically transferring the character from one world onto the next, assimilating her powers!” I almost groaned.

“Who are you talking to?” Caroline asked.

I looked over at her. They were all giving me a confused look.

“I’m a fangirl.” I admitted. “Me and this girl, Mels, are role playing. I’m pretending to be an almost two hundred year old alien, and she’s pretending to be a super soldier engineered to kill her husband.”

My friends blinked.

“Have I ever mentioned how much I hate it when you talk like that?” River asked.

“Once or twice.” I muttered into the phone. I looked back at Caroline. “We get really into it.”

“Why kill her husband?” Anna asked.

“Because if she doesn’t kill him, then all of reality will fall apart.” I explained, simply.

“Why would reality fall apart?” Maddie asked.

“Because...of reasons. Can I please just gave my conversation in peace?” I asked, annoyed at them already.

She held up her hands, sipping her soda.

“I thought you didn’t have friends.” Becca pointed out.

I almost wanted to strangle her. “Mels isn’t my friend.” I snapped. “She feels more like a sister.” ‘Kinda reminds me of mine.’

“Stop it, you make me blush.” The Doctor’s wife said.

“Not on your life.” I remarked. “Now. Letter. Go on.”

“Right.” More page turning. “The letter says you’ll use something you had in Torchwood to fix the changeling wedding.”

I nodded, trying to figure it out. “With Toria, Emily used her abilities to take out the boss. What did she have with her? The Big Bad Wolf. Bad Wolf. She had Rose. Rose...Rose...Rose...”

I blinked. “Of course. With Toria, I felt another character was there!”

“Which one?”

“Ruby.” I answered. “She had a clone. Or, is gonna have a clone. Need to watch season two later.” I commented. “Anyway. Guess what she could control?”

“People?” River asked.

I was so excited. Future Me was a genius. “Haven’t you learned?”

“Learned what?” River asked.

“Spoilers, Melody!” I laughed, ending the phone call.

I had a Plan!


River stared at the phone in her hands. Terra had told her this phone call was very important. It was crucial in making her the Terra she knew.

She knew what a changeling was. Of course she did. Terra had told her about that wedding. How much her life changed because of it. How much River Song’s future depended on the wedding going exactly the way it did.

“Hello, sweetheart.”

River looked over, seeing Her Terra. “Sweetheart? I thought you didn’t want a pet name.” River teased.

Terra smirked. “Please. You know I survive off of insulting nicknames.”

“Of course...Razzle Dazzle.” River grinned.

Terra groaned, walking up to the bars. She shook her head, pressing her temple. “How Lilac heard about that, I will never know.”

River laughed. It was so much fun making Terra just the slightest bit embarrassed.

“So, the phone call went well?” Terra asked, changing topics.

“Exactly like you said it would.” River said. She got up off her bed, going to the bars. “What could Ruby control?”

Terra’s hand dropped. Her smirk came back, framed quite nicely in her raspberry pink lipstick. “Spoilers, Melody.”

River frowned. “You can tell me.”

Terra tsked. “Come now, Pond. I taught you better.” She started skipping away.

River decided Terra wasn’t going to win this conversation. “Terra?”

The black haired woman turned to her.

“You’re lipstick is smeared again.”

Terra’s eyes widened. She reached up to her lips, wiping away the smudge. A blush came to her fair skin. She marched away, grumbling.

River laughed, sitting back in her bed. Far too easy.

Author's Note:

A chapter. Enjoy!
Originally, I was gonna have this be Lesson Zero, but scrapped that. It was being too difficult to write.
Comment, like, and favorite.

PreviousChapters Next