• Published 18th Jun 2013
  • 2,696 Views, 86 Comments

The Day My Life Began - Authora97



Drum roll please! (Insert drum noise here) It is the Prequel to 'The Day My Life Ended'! The moment you have been waiting for, so please. Read...

  • ...
14
 86
 2,696

PreviousChapters Next
Friendship is Magic...or so I hear

The next morning I awoke to find Celestia’s sun high in the sky. High enough to get right in my eyes. Damn it!

Crawling up out of bed, I stumbled towards the stairs towards the kitchen. I remembered I had just moved here, so no food for me. Joy.

As I closed one of the drawers were I had planned in putting food, a small dragon hopped down the stairs.

“Hi Mommy! Is there anything to eat today?” Lilac asked.

“Sorry Lilac, but we have no food. I'll see if there's something in town. You stay here okay?”

The little dragon girl nodded. I walked up to the door and wrapped it in my amber magic. One of the only things I kept in this Jump was my amber eyes, it made me feel just a little normal.

Trying to find a way towards Sugarcube Corner, I noticed something up in the sky. Twilight and Spike’s carriage. Great, just what I needed.

Trotting towards the slowly dropping carriage I saw Pinkie Pie humming gently during the walk. I made it so I ‘accidentally’ bump into her.

“Oh, sorry.” I said before trotting towards the gingerbread like bakery. Behind me, I heard a loud gasp.

Just Pinkie being Pinkie.

Opening the double door of the bakery, I walked in and saw a smallish crowd inside. I walked towards the three pony line and waited for my turn. When I reached the front I ordered a chocolate muffin for myself and a banana nut one for Lilac. I didn't know what the dragon wanted, but I know I wasn't getting a second chocolate. I might eat it.

“That’ll be five bits.” Mrs. Cake cheered.

Reaching around to my side, I realized I left everything back at the house.

“Ah dang it, sorry Ma’am I forgot my saddlebags in my haste this morning. I had just moved and it's all still confusing.” I said.

“Oh! Why didn't you just say so! Consider the muffins a welcome to Ponyville gift!” Mrs. Cake smiled.

“Oh I couldn't.” I lied.

“I insist.” The earth mare said, pushing the bag of two muffins towards me.

“Well, if you insist.” Wrapping the bag in my amber magic, I trotted out the doors and back to the house.


It wasn't until the afternoon that anything happened to me. Lilac was busy enjoying her new room while I was studying. Most people when asked, will say I never study. This is true. I don’t study school related crap. I study more important things, like who killed who on TV this week or what kind of life I had before I jumped to a place.

It’s all confusing, an old friend has a saying that’s almost works for this. Wibbly-wobbly, timey wimey. That’s close to what I have to deal with.

When I Jump somewhere, the Story (the grand being that I had created so I can yell at something) has twisted the story just enough so that my presence makes sense. Like I recently transferred from some other town, or I was in an accident, or I took the blue pill. Nothing confusing there right?

That’s what the first twenty-four hours consisted of, researching myself. Quite entertaining if I must say. Like this one time, I had to go to the Town Records and when I told the guy working there that I was researching myself and he asked why, I couldn’t help myself. I told him ‘Because I don’t know myself, so I have to ask the Legal System. Plus, who knows me more than the government what with their surveillance and governmental tracking.’

The guy’s face was priceless. He looked at me like my nose just grew three feet.

Anyway, back to pony life!

I had a family of six here. Four, parents and brothers, died in a house invasion about four years back. Sad. The sister (who now I have to drag here by her hair) went abroad after that incident. Their names were in chronological order; Lightning Chaser, Star Charmer, Raspberry (I hate that name already) Stardust, Killjoy (oh, that’s gonna be fun), Rain Flash, and Steel Masquerade.

Lilac Melody Stardust, the dragon. She was just about five years old. This one took a little more searching until I found a photo album beneath a bunch of blankets. In it was a picture of a purple egg with little midnight blue swirls. I was lying next to it, the little nest made of some pillows and blankets keeping it warm. The next photo was of me feeding an amethyst to the dragon in a highchair. Adorable.

I was now looking thru some legal documents in, you guessed it, legalese when I heard somepony knocking on my door. The sun was gonna set soon, so maybe it was Pinkie inviting me to a party.

When I opened the door, I squealed and slammed it shut.

Twilight Sparkle was outside my door. Spike was on her back.

I took a quick breath, making the pegasister in me shut the fuck up. Putting on my best smile, I opened the door to see the stunned unicorn.

“Hello! Sorry about that, wasn’t expecting anypony” Got it right, “here today. How might I be of service?” I asked.

Twilight stared at me for a moment, as though assessing me. She looked the same as she did on TV, same book-ish mane cut with lavender and hot pink stripes, same lavender coat and amethyst eyes. Spike did too, he was mostly purple with green on his belly, ears, reptile eyes and head spikes.

The student snapped back to reality, giving me a half confused half angry look. Somepony wants to save the world from Nightmare Moon.

“I was told by Fluttershy that you had a dragon.” Twilight stated simply.

“Maybe I do, maybe I don’t. But does one truly own something or is it just under their watch? It could be that I myself am a dra-”

“Look, I’ve had a long day and I need to get home so I can do research. Do you, or do you not own a dragon?” Twilight asked.

“You know, most ponies ask for a name, or share their own, or share how they themselves have a dragon and are criticizing me for it.” I said, motioning towards Spike.

The dragon hopped off Twilight’s back and held out a claw, I took and gave it a light shake.

“My name is Spike, this is Twilight Sparkle.” He leaned in close to me, “She’s just mad because Princess Celestia told her to make some friends.”

“Spike!” Twilight yelled.

Chuckling, I let go of Spike’s claw as he shrugged. “Well, my name is Raspberry Stardust. Call me what you want, you don’t have to consider me a friend. You clearly have enough pony skills to make them on your own.” I lightly joked. “I just have a few questions for you Ms. Sparkle. What do you plan on doing to this dragon I supposedly have when her presence becomes known?” I asked her.

“Can you just answer my question?” Twilight groaned.

“I ask you the same.” I said in a near emotionless voice. “Just answer the question ma’am.” That one sounded like a cop.

“Ugh... I would tell Princess Celestia.” Twilight said.

“Good. What would she do?”

“Come to Ponyville to see for herself.” Twilight answered, lifting her hoof and rubbing at her skull. Wow, two minutes and already hitting Migraine Levels. I’m getting better.

“After that?”

“I don’t know! Will you just tell me so I can go back to work!” Twilight yelled.

“Twi, calm down. She’s just asking some questions.” Spike said, his tone slightly worried.

“Fine, but only because you asked so nicely,” I trotted over to the stairs in the back of the house. “Lilac!”

It took a moment, but I got a response. “Yes Mommy!”

“Can you come down here please, we have company.” I yelled back up.

“Coming!” The little dragon yelled.

Reinforcing the smile I walked back to the door. “She’s coming.”

The three of us heard her running down a hall and towards the stairs, even the claw against wood as she came down the stairs.

“I’m here Mommy! Who’s at the door?” Lilac asked me.

“A Twilight Sparkle and Spike. They wanted to see if I had a dragon, would you please show them my dragon?” I asked.

“Got it!” Lilac cheered, walking up next to me in full view of the pony and dragon before us.

“Twilight and Spike, meet Lilac the dragon. Lilac, meet Twilight and Spike. Does this answer thou questioning dearest Sparkle of Twilight?” Lilac giggled next to me.

The unicorn standing at my door was staring at Lilac. The dragon stretched a claw towards Lilac.

“Hi! I haven’t meet another dragon before. My name is Spike, what’s yours?” He asked her.

Lilac stared at Spike, barely lifting up her claw with a dreamy look on her face. The kid was five and already having a crush. This was gonna be fun.

“Lilac.” I spoke.

“huh? Oh. Lilac Stardust. You can just call me Lilac if you want. You don’t have to. You can call me whatever you want.” Lilac said quickly.

Giving a small laugh, I picked Lilac up in my magic and walked out the door.

“What are you doing Mommy?” Lilac asked me.

Twilight and Spike walked up behind me, trying to discover my behavior.

“I thought we could go see where Twilight Sparkle and Spike lived, they look like they just moved in.” I told her.

“How did you know that?” Spike asked me, looking a little shocked.

“Because you told me Twilight didn’t have any friends, that it was so bad the Princess herself told Twilight to go to a town and make friends. So, it must be assumed that you recently moved as for Twilight to make friends.

“I must also assume that because the Princess told this to Twilight, she knew Twilight well enough to know she didn’t have friends, besides you. So, I’m thinking that since the Summer Sun Celebration is tomorrow that you were sent here not only to make friends, but to help plan.” Turning my head towards the purple unicorn, I went on.

“Since you seem to be in such a big hurry, I assume you had plans for today that the Princess changed due to your need of friends. It must be something important, not some 500 word paper. Your not that nerdy. No, this is something more. Something so important that it overpasses your job assigned by the Princess. Hmm? Could it have anything to do with the 1000 year of Celestia’s single ruling coming? Or is it about a certain mare in the moon?” Walking into town, I noticed the confused and shocked looks on the newcomers faces.

“I think you broke Ms. Twilight and Spike Mommy.” Lilac giggled.

“Yeah. I think I saw an old building earlier today they might have moved into, wanna check it out?” I asked her.

“Sure!” Lilac cheered.

So, the four of us began our walk towards the large tree in the middle of town.


When we arrived at the Golden Oaks Library, the sky was orange but it was still hot out. Twilight and Spike were having their own mini conversation while I tried figuring out how to get back to home when all was said and done. Lilac was doing something similar, looking around the town and asking me what stuff we would do first. Plus every once in awhile she would look back at Spike.

Once we arrived at Twilight’s new house, the purple unicorn rushed to get in front of me to block me from entering her humble abode.

“Well! Thanks for coming Ms. Raspberry. I’ll be sure to get back to you once I receive word from Princess Celestia on Lilac. Have a pleasant evening, now go.” Twilight ordered.

“Hmmm, I never was one for following orders.” I said, my horn glowing and wrapping around Twilight’s door.

I picked up magic pretty quickly. Sure, I had used it before in various fiction books involving witches, fairies, werewolves and good vampires(ones that sparkle deserve to meet the ones that don’t) and the concept was basically the same. Focus on something, imagine yourself grabbing it and your magic does the rest.

The door was pushed open, and I almost skipped inside with Lilac still sitting on my back.

“It’s really dark in here.” Lilac said, her claws digging into my fur a little.

“Umm, Twilight? Is it supposed to be-” Spike started.

“SURPRISE!”

The lights quickly turned on, a bunch of ponies hopped out from various hiding places with smiles threatening to break their faces and one mare to lead them all.

Pinkie Pie.

“Hi, I'm Pinkie Pie, and I threw this party just for all of you! Were any of you surprised? Were ya? Were ya? Huh huh huh?” Pinkie asked.

I was laughing, Lilac was too. “Very much so, gracias Pinkie.” Walking around the library I felt Lilac jump off my back, she probably wanted to go meet ponies.

“You know, libraries are supposed to be quiet.” Twilight growled.

Well, that's silly! What kind of welcome party would this be if it were quiet? I mean, duh, bo-ring! Y'see, I saw you when you first got here, remember? You were all ‘hello’ and I was all *GASP*, remember? Y'see I've never saw you before and if I've never saw you before that means you're new, 'cause I know everypony, and I mean everypony in Ponyville! ” I felt Pinkie wrap a hoof around my neck, “And then I saw you and knew I hadn’t seen you before either! Two new ponies at the same time! That means twice the party!” Pinkie cheered.

“Good thing this wasn’t at my house, Lilac and I still have unpacked boxes lying about.” I laughed, grabbing a cupcake and taking a bite. I heard Twilight groan.

Normally, I wasn’t one for parties, but I wouldn't consider myself a pegasister unless I let Pinkie throw me a party or at the very least threw one in her honor. Plus, I was really needing a break from that research earlier.

“And if you're both new, that meant neither of you haven't met anypony yet, and if you haven't met anypony yet, you must not have any friends, and if you don't have any friends then you must be lonely, and that made me so sad, then I had an idea, and that's why I went *GASP*! I must throw a great big ginormous super-duper spectacular welcome party and invite everypony in Ponyville! See? And now you both have lots and lots of friends!” Pinkie exclaimed.

“Wow, thanks Pinkie Pie. That’s really nice of you.” I told Pinkie while taking another bite of my cupcake.

I noticed the rest of the Mane 6 had crowded around us, looking at Twilight as her face turned red as a tomato.

“Are you alright sugarcube?” Applejack asked Twilight as she jumped into the air and parts of her burst into flames. Shaking my head as the mare dashed up into the house area of the library, I looked at Spike as he picked up a red bottle.

Hot sauce Oh...” Spike said.

Pinkie grabbed a cupcake as well as the bottle, pouring a large amount onto a cupcake before gulping it down.

“What? It’s good!” Pinkie said, it was a little muffled thanks to the cupcake. I laughed as the others made various gestures to show how humorous or strange the last minute had been.

“Sorry for asking, but I don’t know any of your names. I know Fluttershy, and now Pinkie,” The pink mare waved at me, “but not the rest of you.” I lied.

Rainbow Dash flew up to me, landing about six inches from me. “Names Rainbow Dash. Fastest Pony in Equestria.” The prismatic mare beamed.

“Mah name’s Applejack.” The orange earth pony told me as she walked up next to me, she moved her hoof towards me and I lightly shook it. “Ah run Sweet Apples Acres with mah family, Big MacIntosh, Apple Bloom and Granny Smith.”

“Remind me to stop by sometime.” I laughed. A white unicorn with a dazzlingly curled mane and rich blue eyes came next, tossing her mane out of her face.

“My name is Rarity, it’s delightful to meet you darling.” The designer greeted. “I make dresses at my boutique. The Carousel Boutique, where everything is chic and unique.”

“Can’t compete with introductions like that.” Shrugging my shoulders, I looked over at all the ponies whose show I had been Pushed into. “My name is Raspberry Stardust, the purple and blue dragon over there is my daughter Lilac. We moved here yesterday and are still unpacking. I don’t really have a set job, it’s mostly just whatever I can find.”

“Oh, yes, well what about your cutiemark? It looks kinda weird.” Rainbow said, flying above me.

Grimacing at the memory of that stupid book and jump-rope, I looked back at it’s colors that matched my mane and tail. “Oh that, I’d rather not talk about that stupid thing.” I grumbled. “It’s a touchy subject.” I quickly covered when I noticed their shocked faces.

“It-It’s okay, Raspberry, you don’t have to tell us.” Fluttershy said.

“Thanks, now,” I looked around the library, “Can anypony tell me where Section E is?”

Author's Note:

Yeah. Another one. Just so you know, yes I did intend for it to end there. Yes, I know that's not the actual ending of the episode. No, I won't change it. Yes, I will explain why it ended. Here it is. Because I could.
Comment, like and favorite
(also, if you didn't read my story because then you would have to read The Day My Life Ended, just add it to your read-it-later list and bucking read it later)

PreviousChapters Next