• Published 18th Jun 2013
  • 2,704 Views, 86 Comments

The Day My Life Began - Authora97



Drum roll please! (Insert drum noise here) It is the Prequel to 'The Day My Life Ended'! The moment you have been waiting for, so please. Read...

  • ...
14
 86
 2,704

PreviousChapters Next
Cloudsdale Here I Come

Killjoy/Darcy


Mornings. The time when the sun first touches to earth and reveals the stories of the darkness. The time when I usually get arrested or hungover, or both. When Morgan would storm into my room and make me clean whatever mess I had left on the living room couch (usually a dead body, other times it was some leftover spaghetti I ate on the couch).

Today was a fun day. Raspberry had been otherwise incapacitated for the past six days. She had been exhausted when I found her last week, nearly falling asleep multiple times in our conversation. I had rarely seen Raspberry like that. Rarely, being a key word.

There have been times in the four decades I have known her that she has been like this. It’s just never been this bad before. I blame those fucking ponies.

Sadly, I had to play the part of caring guardian while my sister was on bedrest. I had to explain to Cheerilee why Raspberry couldn’t show up for those days of work. I had to explain to Lilac why her mother wasn’t able to be spoken with.

Surprisingly, my job gave me two nights off so I could watch my niece. Those guys were really nice. The sap baths I had to give Lilac...ugh. How do you even get covered in sap while tending to a chicken coop?! The things my niece gets involved in...

Damn. That is still weird to think. I’m the one who gets all the sex, and yet Morgue ends up with a kid?

Side Note: Find a stallion and see if what they say about studs is true.

Strange family dynamics aside, Raspberry had been doing very well with her bedrest. I only heard her get up twice and I’m pretty sure it was just for bathroom breaks. It was weird being the responsible twin. Usually when I have this, I find whoever harmed Morgan enough to leave her incapacitated and slit his throat. Forcing her to lie in bed and sleep is close enough.

Since the unicorn will be like this for another day or two, I’m the one who will have to perform today. Morgue said something about a giant race. She also pointed out that it wasn’t like the Running of the Leaves (I totally won that, by the way. Got the blue ribbon to prove it), it would require the participant to use their wings to perform pretty fucking awesome stunts.

Raspberry spent the past day drilling (well, sleeping, but she left me things so I could study) today’s plan into my head.

Step 1) I will go the library and find the Cloud-Walking Spell.

Step 2) Raspberry will cast a cloud-walking spell on Lilac.

Step 3) I will take Lilac up to Cloudsdale.

Step 3.5) Buy Raspberry and/or Lilac a fun souvenir.

Step 4) We will go to the coliseum made of clouds.

Step 4.5) I will not participate in the event.

Step 4.5.5) I can get food if Lilac and/or I are hungry.

Step 5) I will take pictures of Rainbow Dash making the Rainboom and the subsequent saving of Rarity (the prissy little snob, for those who didn’t know)

Step 6) When things were peaceful, I will take Lilac back to the ground.

Step 7.5) Do not drop Lilac on the way down. Raspberry wants her daughter, not a pancake.

Step 8) Show Razz the pictures and deliver the souvenir.

That was the jist of it anyway. I’m not always good with scheduling.

“Aunt Killjoy!” Lilac shouted.

Crap. I’m late.


The flight to the library was a short one. Thanks to my basic attitude, I was ignored by any ponies. That, or they all caught sight of my cutiemark ignored me.

This wasn’t the first time. But, let’s not talk about that. I don’t know why I’m explaining this like there are people reading. Maybe I’m writing my autobiography.

Landing in front of the library, I thought about what Twilight might say when I get inside.

It was no secret that I had drugged Applejack months back, preventing her from working any longer. This caused a bit of a...rift between the other members of the so called Mane 6. And by riff, I mean they ignored me the moment I showed up. While it was great, seeing as how I didn’t want to hang around a bunch of colorful and peaceful horses, it was annoying when Morgan sent me out for food and I came across one or more of them. I swear, she does it just so I have a chance to apologize.

With the grace and precision I have learned from decades as a brutal psycho killer, I opened the front door to the library. The ponies inside (the white one (Yes, I know that sounded racist), the pink one, Applejack, and the one Raspberry messes with every chance she gets) were all gathered near the center.

Now, Raspberry’s note said I needed to find a blue book with two thick golden rings on the sides. That should be completely impossible to find.

“Thank you so much for helping me clean up all these books, guys.” The reader of the group said, pushing a book into a shelf with her magic. Watching her push it in reminded me of (not sex, but it is now) when I had magic. Dang, those were some fun days. “It was a crazy weekend of studying.”

This chick studies on the weekends?! What the- heck is that screaming? And why am I not causing it?

The screaming got louder and louder until a familiar rainbow colored shape burst from a window and crashed in the middle of the library. The force of her fall was so great, it knocked off the books off their shelves. Haha, cartoon luck.

I managed to push myself up into the air just before Rainbow Dash crashed. It was really funny to see them all buried under piles and piles of books.

The yellow one (okay, that also sounded racist) flew up to the window, apparently oblivious to this whole thing. “Rainbow, you rock. Woohoo.” She whispered, waving a hoof gently. The pegasus opened her eyes to see the wrecked library. She recoiled. “Did my cheering do that?”

‘That was cheering? I killed mute people that made louder noises!’ I thought, trying to find the book, ignoring the conversation going on towards the side.

If this is how my day is gonna go, I might just ignore the Plan and do what I want. But I can’t, Morgue would kill me. She’s not usually violent, unless you do something she specifically told you not to do. It’s hard being a smartass, when your sister is a bitch.

Morgue has a long list of rules. Because I am a part of her group, I have to follow some of those rules. A third of the Rules are just weird encouragements. Another third is rules from Horror Movies. The last third is things Morgan (or I) have added because of personal experience.

With my unusual job, I was given my own set of rules. I can’t kill her associates. I can’t kill her family. I can’t kill anyone that Morgan’s coworkers know. Bullshit.

Damnit. I’m going off topic. That’s a bad habit.

Now, where is this spellbook...

It’s in the large pile isn’t it? Based on your silence, I take that as a yes.

Fuck. My. Life.


Three hours and one theft later, I had the spell that Razz wanted. Hopefully Sparkle won’t notice this book is gone. Then again, it’s a library. That’ll be my excuse in case I get caught.

Opening the door to our house, I made sure to be very quiet. Morgan hates it when someone accidentally wakes her up. Flying up towards her room, I pushed the door open with the skill of a mother coming to surprise her kid. Even though I don’t usually like to admit that I have one, my heart shook when I saw the state her room was in.

Let me explain how my sister’s brain works: If you don’t need it, toss it aside for later. The normal for her was to have things thrown across the floor. To have to be careful where you step. She was always saying that people with messy rooms have higher intelligence, but I think it was just her being lazy.

Her room the cleanest I have ever seen her clean it. Usually her mother, maid, or me would clean it, which I find ironic (I’m the serial killer and I’m cleaning her messes). All the clothes (which apparently ponies needed) were tucked away nicely. My own dress for that stupid dance was hidden in a closet, so I wouldn’t break it. All the things belonging on a desk were on her desk.

There weren’t even any papers thrown about. No plans that she had been working on only to throw it out, or a list of supplies she needed, or a list to help her keep track of what she has done/needs to do.

Lying in bed, looking like she hadn’t even gotten up since I did, was Morgan. I could make out the pink horn jutting out from the blankets. Had this been any other Place, I would’ve embarrassed her with her ‘morning wood’.

Shaking my head, I trotted up to the now unicorn.

“Razz.”

The unicorn didn’t move.

“Razz, get up. I need your unicorn magic-y thing.”

Still no movement.

Checking to make sure Lilac wasn’t around, I sighed. “Morgan, get the fuck up.”

There was a small groan.

“I know you want to stay in bed.” I rolled my eyes. Was this what I was like on my bad days? “But you are already behind schedule, or did you forget that it was Tuesday?”

It hadn’t taken me long to figure out how things worked here. Tuesday had quickly become a day to look forward to. Especially because Tuesday meant Raspberry was too busy to notice me pranking Rainbow Dash.

My big sister groaned. “Just give me the spell and Lilac.” She yawned.

Man, my sister was a wreck. I’ve seen her with broken arms and legs, but she has never looked this bad.

She managed to hid it these past few weeks, but if you looked closely you could still see the bags under her eyes. Now that I think about it, when was the last time I saw her without baggy eyes? She had them when she came to get me from ‘Scream’. She had them when I learned how to drive. Looking back, I don’t think I’ve ever seen her without them.

Giving her the spell, I flew towards the school to pick up Lilac. She might like these kinds of things.

My sister was making herself a wreck, all for a bunch of idiots. I couldn’t care less about these guys. It was their fucking fault. If any of them actually paid any attention to what was going on in their lives, my sister wouldn’t feel a need to fix it. I had told her to ignore them, and just enjoy watching TV, but she would always get guilty.

No. Can’t get angry. If I show up at a school angry, I might leave in hoofcuffs.

Hoofcuffs?’ I shook my head. These pony sayings were getting to me.

When Raspberry becomes my sister again, I’m gonna ask to go Home. Maybe then I can wash the stench of Pony Kindness off of me.


It wasn’t for another hour that I was able to see Cloudsdale. It really did look cool. I have to wonder though, about the plumbing. Weren’t clouds supposed to evaporate in the sunlight? Were these enchanted? Magical clouds that didn’t evaporate in sunlight?

“Wow.” Lilac gawked from my back. “This place is amazing!”

I tilted my head, seeing all the various pegasi flying about. There was one for almost every bright and neon color. Maybe one or two gray ones. I guess it’s not that shocking to see, since they control weather. Why is it that in all my forty years of life, horses with wings controlling the weather seems the most normal?

Has Jumping around with Morgan changed me? Have I been dulled to surprises? I hope not. Angry Shock is the best kind their is!

“Auntie Joy!”

“Huh?”

“Building!” Lilac warned, hiding behind my head.

“Wha-AH!”

I avoided the building, missing it by inches. Though, I wondered how a cloud building would hurt to fly into. Probably not that bad, right?

“Mommy says it’s important to pay attention.” Lilac told me.

“And then she notices a butterfly.” I joked.

Lilac giggled. “She notices butterflies a lot.” The giggling stopped. “Auntie Joy, why did Mommy have to stay in bed all week?”

I shook my head, groaning. “Your mom never sleeps, so I made her sleep.”

“Apple Bloom told me Zecora has a potion that helps with sleeping!” Lilac cheered. “Could we give it to Mommy?”

I chuckled. “Razz never takes any potions without knowing what’s in it.”

Flying a little farther, I landed in what seemed like a shopping district. Lilac jumped off my back, allowing me to relax since having her there was a literal pain in the back. She walked up so I could see her face.

“Now, Li, remember. If you get hurt, Momma Razz will apply multiple methods of torture to me.” I reminded the dragon.

Lilac giggled. “I know Auntie Joy!” She skipped so that she was skipping backwards. “When can we see a store? I wanna see the store!”

My head shook. She was a lot like Morgan. “I don’t know, never been here before.”

“Miss Cheerilee says a lot of pegasi live here. Did you live here Auntie Joy?” Lilac asked.

“Nope.” I grinned. “Though I admit, it is nice to have some cloud beneath my...hooves. My hoof kicked up a tuft of cloud. “Clouds feel like cotton and feathers.”

Lilac stopped skipping, stomping the cloud beneath her foot. She smiled. “Clouds feel like being hugged by a butterfly while lying in fresh snow.”

“Wow. That was...really good.” I said, finally noticing a shop.

“Miss Cheerilee says I’m really good at-”

“Hey look, a store!” I pointed out.

“Oh! Let me see!” Lilac cheered excitedly, running into the building.

I shook my head. That girl is so much like her mother.


“Can I get this?”

“No.”

“How about this?”

“No.”

“This one is really really really sparkly!”

“No.”

“Can I get this? It’s so fluffy!”

“Li, your mom said I could get your a souvenir. Not frilly sparkle pink toy, book, or necklace.”

The purple dragon sighed, falling dramatically onto her back. “But Auntie Joy!”

“Lilac, no.” I said sternly, looking over the latest thing she decided to grab.

It was a large stuffed bear. Definitely bigger than Lilac by at least three inches. It was pink, and not even a nice kind of pink. It was a hideous shade that was used on hookers. The eyes weren’t those usual eyes, but orange derp eyes. The mouth had a tongue sticking out.

I shook my head. That thing would give me nightmares. “Go take it back.” Lilac frowned, preparing to give me Sad Eyes. “Kid, you got five seconds before I take that thing away and put it back.”

My niece frowned, lowering her head. “Yes Auntie.” Then she walked off, the bear sagging behind her.

Don’t get me wrong, I ain’t got nothing against getting her a toy. I was born in a world where dolls came to life! I may have gotten all C’s in high school, but even I knew not to get a doll that was creepy.

Turning over to the area where I was looking, I thought over what Raspberry would like. My sister is a picky person, so it would have to be good. Something that she’ll be able to use later. Something that is so vague about it’s real use that it can do anything.

Fuck. I wish I had more brains.

“Auntie! Can I get this cool hat?” Lilac asked.

Turning back to the dragon, I saw her wearing what looked like a traditional ball cap. It was white like a cloud, with two pegasus wing sticking out from the sides. A symbol of a what I can only guess is for Cloudsdale was on the front.

I shrugged. “Sure. It does look kinda cool.”

Lilac squealed. “Thank you!”

“Thank your mom, it’s her bits.” I smirked.

“What are you gonna get?” Lilac asked.

“Haven’t decided yet.” I admitted, moving some stuff around with my hoof.

“Maybe you should get a hat too!” Lilac cheered.

I chuckled. “Your mom doesn’t really like hats. She says they mess up her hair.”

“But aren’t you getting yourself something?” Lilac asked, sounding a little upset.

“The only thing I want can’t be sold in any store.” I said, picking up something that looked alright for Raspberry.

“Aww! That’s really sweet!” Lilac said before hugging me.

Buying a guy I can murder is sweet? Man this kid is cool!

Lifting the gift out of the bin, I walked towards the checkout counter with Lilac still hugging me.

I really hope Morgan tells Lilac about Jumping. That’ll be a great bonding experience. How fucking awesome would it be to show up to a fight with a girl that can breathe fire?


The colosseum was huge.

It did look a lot like the one from Rome. Instead of impossible to climb stairs, you just flew to the seat you wanted. The pegasi used some clouds, bunching them together and placing them all over the place. Except for the large opening in the middle which I guess was for the Main Event.

Lilac and I sat across from where I guess the white alicorn would sit. A huge statue for her was built above it, and her cutiemark.

I had used some more of Raspberry’s bits to buy some snacks. Lilac was holding a large soda, drinking from it like she was dying of thirst. I was eating some popcorn, waiting for something exciting.

“When is it gonna start?” Lilac half-groaned.

“I don’t know.” I half-groaned, munching on the popcorn. “But I hope it does soon. This is starting to get effing boring.”

“Effing?” Lilac asked.

My eyes widened when i realized I almost swore in front of a kid. “It’s a grown up word. For grown ups only.”

“Why?” Lilac asked.

“Because grown ups know what it means.” I answered. “Your mom would tell you to only use a word if you knew what it meant.”

Lilac titled her head. “Mommy says you use words that you don’t know all the time, Auntie Joy.”

“Well duh.” I started to smile. “Raspberry knows what everything, it’s not my fault I didn’t get more brains.”

“Did Mommy take you brains?” Lilac asked, eyes wide.

“Yep.” I grinned. “Your mom is the brains of this outfit.”

“What does that mean?” Lilac asked.

“I have no idea.”

“Fillies and gentlecolts! Please rise and join me in welcoming our beloved Princess Celestia!”

The two of us looked across the stadium, seeing the alicorn walk out onto the balcony. Beside her were two pegasus guards, dressed in golden armor.

“Auntie Joy it’s the Princess!” Lilac cheered.

“I can see that.”

“Remember when the Princesses came to our house?” Lilac asked excitedly.

“Your mother was not very happy when she found out I was with them for a long period of time.” I laughed. “Of course I remember.”

“Please welcome our celebrity judges for the Best Young Flyer Competition: the Wonderbolts!”

Six ponies flew from behind the announcer. Smokes trails came from their tails. It was like a bunch of fighter planes on Earth. One was an orange maned pegasus that I had seen a few posters of from around town. The same for the dark blue maned pegasus and the white maned one. I didn’t know much about the other three.

The crowd went nuts when these pegasi appeared, stomping their hooves on the clouds seats and waving them in the air.

“And now,” The Announcer yelled, regaining the attention of the crowd. “Let’s find out who will take the prize as this year’s best young flyer!”


An hour had passed. Almost everypony had gone, except for the last two. Number Fifteen and Number Four. I made sure the camera was out, so I could take the pictures Raspberry wanted me to.

“And now, for our final competitor of the day, contestant number fifteen!”

Rainbow Dash came out from the curtain, looking more scared than Fluttershy. She was practically curled up into a ball. Her eyes (which were already hard to see from back here) were the size of cartoon pinpricks.

Then, another pony came out from the curtain.

Oh.

My.

God.

“Uhh... And apparently contestant number four...”

Rarity had been spending over an hour doing here makeup. She wore a large skirt with pink and purple cloth made to look like wings, and light green designs. The skirt connected to the purple front, with green fluff. On her front hooves were pink bracelets. In her head was a headdress, a purple covered on the base of her horn and pink feathers going back.

Her face had more make-up than...than anything really. Her hot pink lipstick could be seen from the moon! The same for her pink ball earrings.

The two ponies flew close to each other, having what looked like a conversation before Rarity flew off. Rainbow Dash looked ready to puke.

Music began to play. Cheap, girly music that I expect to hear in a Barbie movie. Rarity began to dance a ballet, using her wings to make the jumps easier.

“What the fuck?” I whispered.

Rainbow flew around some cloud pillars. Overall, it was kinda impressive. It worked up until the last one, where she slammed into the coliseum.

The pegasus shook it off, flying up to three clouds just floating overhead. She began flying around them in circles, making them spin like tops.

The last one spun off, hitting Rainbow and bouncing towards Celestia. It poofed away harmlessly. Those guards do not look very happy.

Rarity was still doing her ballet when I looked over at her, but soon she began flying up. Rainbow joined her, flying fast.

“Look upon me, Equestria,” The unicorn shouted, “For I... am... Rarity!”

Rarity spread out her wings, the light came through and shone onto the stadium. I felt like I was on the other side of a stain glass window. It wasn’t very cool.

The crowd loved it though, and Lilac did too.

“Miss Rarity made a lot of pretty colors from her wings.” Lilac commented. “Did she have them yesterday?”

“Nope.”

Then, Rarity dropped. Her wings vanishing with a poof.

The Wonderboltz jumped out from their seats, flying down towards Rarity. I tried to get a look at what was happening, but could only see Rarity push the other ponies away. Did Rarity just knock them all out? Impressive.

“Hold on Rarity, I’m coming!” Rainbow Dash suddenly yelled. Wow, I forgot about her for a minute there.

The blue pegasus zoomed past the stadium, I readied the camera.

*BOOM*

*click*

The whole crowd gasped as a very large rainbow appeared beneath us. Rainbow kept flying, leaving a large rainbow trail behind her.

“A sonic rainboom!” A voice cheered. “She did it! She did it! WOOO!”

“Miss Fluttershy?” Lilac asked.

“No way Fluttershy can cheer that loud.” I remarked.

*click*

“What was that noise Auntie Joy?”

“Probably the Rainboom.” I shrugged off.

Rainbow grabbed the other pegasi, flying back up to the stadium. She made a large rainbow over the stadium. Once she landed, confetti began falling from random places.

I guess Rainbow was made the winner.


Another hour passed. Rainbow Dash was given a crown winning the race. I used the last photo to take a picture of her with it on.

Lilac and I left Cloudsdale, flying back home as fast as my wings would take us. No offense to the Cloud land, but these was such a thing as too much clouds.

We landed at the front door, the dragon hopping from my back and running inside.

“This was worth missing a day of school!” Lilac cheered, running off to her room.

I smirked. “Anything is worth missing a day of school!” I called out.

Flying up the stairs, I made my way to Raspberry’s room. Her door was still shut, but not locked. Flinging the door open, I flew happily into her room.

“Guess who’s back from Cloudsdale!”

“Ugh. I was hoping you would get stuck there.” A voice joked.

I turned back, seeing Raspberry walking out from the bathroom. Her mane held back in a large towel, her body covered in a blue bathrobe. She grinned.

“Or, did you get back early so you could see me walk out of the shower?” She mocked, trotting over to her desk. “I know that’s not why, but I can see you doing it.”

“You can actually see me having sex?” I laughed, happy to see my sister being my sister again.

Raspberry rolled her amber eyes. “Not even close, airhead.”

“Was that a remark against pegasi?” I mocked, jabbing at her side.

“No.” She used a hoof to rub where I poked her. “Your hooves are pointy.”

“You’re just made a soft squishy stuff, unlike me.” I boasted. “You could poke me with a stick and I wouldn’t feel it!”

“That’s why it’s so hard to wake you up.” Raspberry commented.

I rolled my eyes. “Here’s the camera.” Pulling in out of my purple saddlebags, I tossed them over at my sister.

The raspberry unicorn caught them in her amber magic. “Thanks sis.”

“Here’s the souvenir.” I chuckled, tossing her the object I had purchased in Cloudsdale.

Again, the unicorn grabbed it in her magic, she brought it over to her face and gaped at it. “A... photo album?” She gaped.

The picture book had a lot of pages, two pictures would fit on each page. The cover was a hard copy, colored silver like a rain cloud. The pages on the inside were just two shades darker, if Lilac is too be believed. On the cover, I had already named the album. ‘Trouble in Ponyville! By- Razzle and KJ’.

“Sis,” Razzle said, her eyes getting all teary. She liked getting deep and meaningful gifts.

“If you start to cry, I will slap you. You know I will.” I warned.

Raspberry gestured with her hooves for me to come closer.

“No hugs.” I stated.

“Maybe I wanted to slap you.” She said, wiping some tears from her eye.

“Why?” I asked.

“You used a pen, and misspelled Ponyville.” My twin sister growled, her expression darkening.

“What.”

“It’s Ponyville. Two ‘L’s’, and one ‘E’ at the end.” The grammar Nazi explained. “You wrote Ponvilee.

My eyes widened. “Crap.” I flew out of her room.

“KILICUS JOY, GET YOUR PLOT BACK UP HERE!” Raspberry shouted.

“GOOD TO SEE YOU’RE BACK! OOF!” I called back, until I felt something land on my back after a bright flash.

My sister’s pink hooves were on my back, pushing me down into the carpet. “Who said I ever left?” She pushed her hoof into my neck.

“Ugh! Don’t kill me. I planned on taking Li on a camping trip again.” I pleaded jokingly.

Raspberry ignored my pleas. “Stand down.”

“Never.”

“Say uncle.”

“Nope.”

“Obey.”

“No way.”

The unicorn groaned. “Submit.”

“You should know better. Darcy Anderson never submits to her partners.” I boasted.

“God, you are such a pervert.” Morgan sighed.

“Don’t call God a pervert!” I scolded.

“I thought you were scared of God.” Raspberry laughed.

Her momentary weakness gave me a chance to attack. Pushing my sister off of me, I slammed her back onto the ground like they did in Lion King. Raspberry laughed.

“Got ya.” I bragged. “And, I’m not scared of God. It’s Buddhist Temples. You know that.”

Raspberry smirked proudly, trying to lift my hooves off her own. “Maybe I do, maybe I don’t. We’ll never know.”

With a shove, the unicorn pushed me off of her. The two of us slumped to the ground, both a little exhausted. We locked eyes and laughed.

“Good gravy, I don’t think we’ll ever grow out of this phase.” Raspberry said absentmindedly.

“Don’t call it a phase, then they win.” I automatically said.

“Who’s ‘they’?” My twin sister laughed.

“If you don’t know, then they’ve already got to you.” I joked.

Raspberry started laughing again. “It’s too easy to make you laugh.” I commented, starting to laugh myself.


Morgan/Raspberry


When I went to bed, I prepared my dreamscape once again. What had happened with Killjoy earlier gave me a great idea for what to do with Luna.

It’ll take her some time to find me in it, so I decided to watch from the audience section (It’s my dream, of course there’s an audience section) until it was time for me to go on.

It started out like the movie did, showing off all the amazing parts. Zecora as Rafiki, that white coated and red maned alicorn I’ve seen around the forums and art works as Mufasa, Twilight Sparkle as Zazu, Sombra as Scar (He’s the only one I could think of), Celestia as Nala, and Luna as Simba.

I watched up until ‘I Just Can’t Wait To Be King’. The looks on Luna’s confused face was glorious.

Before I knew it, Killjoy and I were playing our part, dumping a bucket of water over Luna’s head.

“You okay, kid?” I asked the waking princess.

The blue alicorn filly glared at me, brushing some water off of herself. She opened her muzzle to speak, but her character's words came out.

“Yeah, I guess so.” Luna/Simba sighed.

Killjoy gaped. “You nearly died.”

“I saved you.” I lied.

Killjoy scoffed.

“Well, uh, Killjoy helped. A little.” I mended.

The blue alicorn was once again an unwilling participant in her speech. “Thanks for your help.” Luna/Simba said dully.

The alicorn got up, walking towards the desert we had just saved her from. The oasis was probably way better a place to dream than a desert.

“Hey, where ya goin’?” I asked her.

“Nowhere.” Luna/Simba sighed.

I looked over at Killjoy. “She looks dull.”

“I’d say a little more blue than dull. It’s a very dark shade of blue I’ll admit-” I smacked her skull. “Ouch!” If my sister ever found out how I’d been treating her in my dreams, she would kill me.

“No, no, no, no, no.” I repeated. “I meant depressed.”

“Oh.” Killjoy blinked. She trotted up to Luna, “Hey, kid, what’s eatin’ ya?”

“Nothing. She’s the top of the food chain!” I joked, laughing hysterically. After a moment, I realized Killjoy and Luna were staring at me. “Umm, so where are you from?”

“Who cares? I can’t go back.” Luna/Simba shrugged.

“Ahh!” I cheered, wrapping a hoof around the filly’s neck. “You’re an outcast, just like us!” My hoof motioned towards Killjoy. I took my hoof off Luna’s back.

“What’cha do kid?” The mentioned pegasus asked. “Kill the Malaysian Prime Minister?”

“No, you did that.” I reminded.

Luna only blinked at our antics. She lowered her head. “I did something terrible, and I can’t go back.”

“Good!” I smiled. “We don’t wanna hear about it.”

“Come on Raspberry!” Killjoy sighed sadly. She looked down at Luna. “Anything we can do?”

“Not unless you can change the past.” Luna/Simba said with an eye roll.

“Razzle’s done that tons of times!” Killjoy cheered.

“Do you see the TARDIS around here?” I nearly growled at my sister, annoyed.

The pegasus twirled her head around, then sighing sadly. “No.” She smiled, placing a hoof over Luna’s back. “You know, in times like these, my buddy Raspberry says ‘Ya gotta put your behind, in your past.’.” She rubbed the side of her head. “Umm...”

“No, no, no.” I scolded, pulling Luna away from Killjoy.

“I mean...” Killjoy stuttered.

“Lie down before you hurt yourself.” I instructed. I looked Luna right in her eyes. “You have to put your past, behind you. Bad things happen, and you can’t do anything about them, right?”

“Right.” Luna agreed. Her eyes going wide when she realized my dream did not force her to say it.

Wrong!” I bopped her on the nose. Backing away, I made a sweeping gesturing with my hoof. “When the world turns it’s back on you, you turn your back on da world!”

Luna blinked. “That doth not sound correct.”

“Only because you aren’t seeing it the way Killjoy and I do.” I said, looking in the corner of my eye and noticing a pony sized blood orange door, just standing in the middle of the desert. Sighing, I looked back at Luna and pretended I did not see the door.

“Repeat after me, ‘Hakuna Matata’.”

“What?” Luna asked again, of her own will.

“Ha-ku-na Ma-ta-ta.” Killjoy sounded out, suddenly appearing back in the story. “It means ‘no worries’.”

“And boy, do I need a life free of worries.” I laughed.

PreviousChapters Next