• Published 11th Jun 2013
  • 939 Views, 9 Comments

Luna in school - Moniker



The teenage Luna goes to school with her older sister.

  • ...
7
 9
 939

Prom

Luna smiled at herself in the mirror. "Alright, alright you can do this," she encouraged herself. She saw her sister smirking at the door. "H-How long have you been there?"

Celestia shrugged. "Since the first alright," she responded.

Luna blushed. "W-W-W-Well, I-I-I was just-" she was stopped by Celestia.

"No need," she smiled.

Luna blushed. It's time for her to be honest with herself. "You were right," she whispered.

Celestia looked back at her. "I'm sorry?" Celestia chuckled.

"I was right?" she playfully asked, she smirked at her sister's dark blue dress, encrusted with fragments of blue sapphires.

Luna sighed. "You were right, I do have a crush on Star Light," she admitted.

Celestia grinned. She put her hoof around her sister. "Now, you might want to keep getting ready, and just so you know I think he likes you too" she smiled slightly.

Luna's eyes lit up a bit. "Do you really think so?!" she jumped to her sister.

"Y...You know I haven't had a crush since you know who," she gave no name.

Celestia nodded. "Yes, I know, you haven't had a coltfriend since King Sombra, it's you do though have to admit, it was creepy, you were only fifteen, he was over thirty, I don't even think that was legal," Celestia chuckled.

"It's always that excuse, before him well, Discord was a crush," Luna let her head sag to the ground.

Celestia smiled. "I realize that you also might be stressed with the fact we will have to do the play the next day, but I'm sure you'll do fine," Celestia wrapped her in one of her wings.

"Y-You think so?" she asked.

Celestia nodded. "Of course," Celestia said.

"Thanks sister," she smiled back.

"Now finish getting ready," Celestia told her.

Sadly, for some reason we are control the elements of harmony, and only us, our mom has passed that down to us. She never understood why her birth mother left them in the care of another friend instead of her own, she didn't care though. Celestia shook her head.


She heard hoofsteps. "Presenting the new Princess Luna," a stallion moved to the side; her blue mane was even more even than before, her blue sapphire dress complemented her also blue band on her front hoof.

"S-So what do you think?" he asked.

Luna looked at herself in a mirror. "I love it!" Luna said slightly over her normal voice.

"I love it too Lulu," Celestia smiled warmly.

Luna nodded. "I just hope that Star likes it."

"What's there not to like Lulu?" Celestia joked around.

Luna rolled her eyes. "Yeah, yeah," she kept her eyes rolling. "I'll see you later Tia," she waved.

"Bye Lulu," she waved back.


Luna walked to her front door. She saw as usual Star standing near the gateway. Luna smiled. "Hey Star!" she called out coming closer to him.

"Hi Luna, you ready?" he asked.

Luna nodded happily. "Yes."

"Let's get going then," he smiled.

Luna looked at Star. "Nice suit," Luna complemented.

Star looked at his suit. "Thanks, it's something I got in Manehatten," he said. The suit was a black tuxedo the bowtie was a dark blue shade that matched Luna's dress.

"Shall we?" he smiled.

"Let's go," she walked alongside him.


They stopped at the school and looked at each other. "You ready?" he asked.

Luna sighed. "Yes, let's do this," she responded. A faint white aura started to glow on the double doors. Star opened it. There was no-pony there. "Huh?" Star tilted his head slightly. "Where is every-pony?"

Luna saw a janitor. "Excuse me, sir, where is every-pony?" Luna asked.

The janitor looked up. "Didn't you get the message? The prom was postponed until farther notice," the janitor explained.

Star looked lost. "Why?" Star asked letting out a light disappointed sigh.

"Well, some-pony broke the decorations," he farther explained.

"Oh, too bad," he tilted his head down.

"Well, wait who says this night has to end? What do you say; would you like to watch me raise the moon?" Luna offered.

Star nodded quickly. "Sure it definitely beats going back to my house," he admitted.

"Alright," Luna wrote a letter to Celestia explaining what's now going to happen tonight. Luna waited for a response. She soon got an approval as the response. Luna's horn started to glow blue; the slightly white moon rose to its appropriated alignment. Star's eyes lit up. He had always wanted to see the night sky up close. Luna looked at the mesmerized Star Light. Luna tapped his shoulder. "Are you alright?" she asked.

Star immediately snapped out of it. "Huh? Oh, yeah I'm fine, I always wanted to see the night sky up close, as close to it as possible," he explained.

Luna smiled lightly. Luna opened up her wings. She grabbed Star from the ground, she held onto him tight. He smiled amazed. Luna put him next to her. "This is an odd question but, have you ever felt sad that no-pony seems to like your nights?" he asked.

Luna didn't respond for a moment. "Not really, but now that you mention it..." she sighed "You’re right," she finished.

Star looked at her intently. Sh...Should I? he thought.

Sh...Should I go for it? Luna wondered at the same time.

Star blinked slowly. He took a deep breath and slowly brought his lips closer to Luna's lips. They finally started kissing.


Luna soon dropped Star off at his house. "I'll see you tomorrow," she smiled.

"You too," he said.

Luna walked through the front door. "Hey Lulu, how'd it go?" Celestia asked.

Luna grinned happily. "It went quite well," she said gleefully.

Celestia smiled for her sister. "Good, now why don't you go to bed," Celestia advised.

Luna nodded. "Yeah, I will," she responded.

Luna sighed as she closed her door. Am I useless? Am I truly some-pony that serves a purpose? Should I keep this up? those questions boggled her mind.


The next night.

"Luna you have to lower the moon?" Celestia asked.

Luna looked at her sister. "No, I will not," she turned away.

Celestia's jaw fell. "What was that?" she kept her calm voice.

Luna looked back. "I will not, I will never lower the moon, what's the point?" she said.

Celestia clenched her teeth. "Luna! You listen to me!" she said slightly out of tone.

"Listen Tia, I have no purpose, I raise the moon, then I lower it, that's just so ponies sleep through my beautiful nights, I will not lower the moon," Luna resentfully said.

"Fine, I'll lower it myself," Celestia said.

"No you won’t!" Luna changed at Celestia colliding into one another.

"What are you doing?" she asked.

Luna's eyes changed. "I'm taking what's mine!" she yelled.

Celestia shook her head. "No you are not, I am sorry," her horn started to glow yellow. A beam of yellow light burst at Luna. Luna disappeared and was brought to the moon for the next thousand years.

Author's Note:

Before you ask. Luna was homeschooled until the first chapter. That's why she was fifteen when she had a crush on Sombra, and Discord the same year

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment