The Writers' Group 9,300 members · 56,502 stories
Comments ( 133 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 133

I think it was over way too fast.

I cant wait for the James bond jokes for Bon Bon.

"My name is Bond. Bon Bond."

4461213 Ya know, the admins are supposed to do this. Regardless, it was better than I than I had expected, but worse than I had hoped. I totally called it being a bugbear. I do feel that it was rushed, more so than other episodes, simply because of how many characters it focused on. I laughed at Bon Bon actually being Sweetie Drops, and I loved Steven Magnet's return, even if he did it as a jerk. Oh, and how they all got to the wedding was stupid. One thing I disliked was that they were very much pandering the fans, something that I don't particularly enjoy. Although I did laugh when Lyra said 'did all those benches we sat on mean nothing?' Did anybody catch who played Doctor Whooves? I missed it.

It's like reading every single MLP fanfiction ever written in thirty minutes.

ThatWeatherstormChap
Group Contributor

Haven't seen / 10.
Not enough Lemon Hearts.

derpy likes muffins

That kinda threw me a curveball.

What do I think?

What do I think?!

I... I do not know...

What to think...

M.A. Larson, you dun it this time.

Luminary
Group Contributor

I liked it.
They didn't diverge cripplingly far from Fanon in most cases. But where they did, I thought it was an improvement.

As much as I like Doctor Who, having Doctor Whooves as mad scientist rather than Doctor Who himself is way, way more interesting to me, and fits better thematically.

And the canon for Bon Bon is pretty much far more interesting than any real fanon of her, where she's inevitably the surly straightman. I guess they were trying to subvert it by reversing the trend, but they didn't actually remove any chance of Lyra being a bit kooky too. So all is well. They'll probably be a far more interesting couple from now on.

Also, I giggled at Sweetie's totally meta joke. Best way to do meta humor. Where it can be explained in canon.

4461213 SWEETIE/BON BON!
LYRA SITTING!
DERPY AND DOCTOR!
THE FLOWER TRIO AS WEAK OF HEART AS EVER!
STEVEN AND CRANKY BROMANCE!
GUMMY!
THE TWILICANE!
VINYL OCTAVIA DUET OF MADNESS!
LUNA CELESTIA SISTERLY BICKERING!

And of course, last but not least:
RANDOM CHANGELING!
NO EXPLANATION!
NO FOLLOW UP!
JUST RANDOM CHANGELING!
THOSE BASTARDS ARE DOING THIS ON PURPOSE!
SCREW IT, NEW HEADCANON, SOMETIME SINCE THE WEDDING A DIPLOMAT HELPED MAKE PEACE WITH CHRYSALIS!

4461213 Steve Magnet x Cranky Doodle when?

4461235 I laughed at the changeling. I tried to count the seats next to it to claim that it was actually one of the main six as a changeling, as the rest were locked outside.

did anyone catch the preview for next week.

MINUETTE AND PINKIE! AND BON BON AND LYRA HAVE FLOWERS! AND LEMON HEARTS!

Bon bon is a secret agent

Good! The show doesn't tie itself down with fanon! Nobody thought of that before!

4461213 I will never be able to look at Gummy the same way again!

It was everything I ever dreamed of, except we don't get to see the outside of Dr Hooves' little blue cottage.

I haven't laughed that hard at an episode in a long time. I'll admit, I felt the "Alons-y!" from the Doctor was a bit heavy handed, but that was one gripe on an otherwise amazing episode.

Larson, you magnificent bastard!

-Lumino

4461239 I don't know how they'll ever justify that. It's an undisguised changeling, and Celestia, Luna and Cadence were all there. And he looked so clueless too.

Does this mean Chrysalis is coming back?

4461240 Yup. Bisons. All of them.

4461257 I know, I meant it as a joke. I hope it means Chrysalis is coming back, anyway. Pardon me, I've got a story about Agent Sweetie Drops to take care of.

Crap. Just something I realized. How many creatures escaped in it's about time? That makes the second.

4461221 "You expect me to talk?"

"No Ms. Bon, I expect you to die!"

He was just there for the food. We have people like that in OUR weddings, why wouldn't Equestrians?

-Lumino

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH

DERPY X DOCTOR!
PRINCESSES ARGUING OVER MUNDANE STUFF!
GUMMY PHILOSIPHIZING!
TWICANE!
VINYL & OCTY ARE ROOMATES!
BONBON IS A SECRET AGENT!
LYRA SITS!
DERPY DERPS!
DR. HOOVES IS A MAD SCIENTIST KINDA!
CHANGELING!
SHINING CRIES!
IT'S TOO PERFECT!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH !! !11! !

4461223 Pretty much. I'm in stitches. You can tell they had a LOT of fun with this one.

4461278 I'm sorry, but there's nothing you can do to stop me. Plus, I think I can write faster than you. :trollestia: Beat me to it if you can.

The ep was about a 50-50 for me.

Epsilon-Delta
Group Admin

I thought it was one of the best episodes of the show.

Derpy talked- instant 10/10

Other stuff... also instant 10/10

Bon Bon gets a much needed personality. Dr. Whooves assures us that magic doesn't have all the answers. Derpy talks... etc.

I especially liked Bon Bon's thing. 90% of her personality was rolling her eyes at Lyra and 90% of her dialogue was saying "Lyyyyraaaa" but until now. Hopefully this catches on.

4461275 That explains everything.

Still, he went there undisguised!

With security like that, how is Equestria still a thing?

Changeling.

That is all I have to say.

4461290 Well s/he was invited, obviously!

There was a fricking changeling in the episode 0-0

I always imagined Dr. Hooves as a mad scientist than a Time Lord. Sort of like Doc Brown from Back to the Future.

There were parts that I liked, but then there were some parts where I was like "Okay... where is this going". That whole thing with Bon Bon being a secret agent in particular had me shaking my head.

In the end, it was alright.

4461310 Let's settle this one as we always do.

It's fanfiction time.

I like the fact that Lyra and Bon Bon's names were actually said in the show. Fans came up with the names, I think, so I love that those are now their names.

Overall, I love this episode. My favorite, by far.

I hope these BG ponies get more moments in later episodes and seasons.

Also, FUCKING GUMMY.

And the doctor found Rose :)
Hoping for a Slice of life 2 at the 150 or 200 ep.

I look forward to all the new fanfics based on canon. Goodbye some fanons. We didn't really care about you anyway.

The changeling actually made me a little sad. I was like "Why is he so far from the rest? What's his life story?" It made me question a lot.

4461243 Yeah... "Best friends" :ajsmug:

Is it okay that I still want to keep some of my headcanons? I loved the episode, and I thought it was great, but there are just some stories I wanted to write for a long time.

4461324 Yeah, that one just came out of nowhere. It actually reminds me of improv, so I thought it was hilarious.

At the episode's core, I feel it accentuated the fact that a town isn't made up of just a few individuals. It's made of many. These individuals come together, however, they lead their own lives. All of them have their own desires, likes and dislikes, stories, and such. Mayor Mare's speech during the wedding put a great spotlight on this fact.

For a bit of symbolism, you can equate the residents of Ponyville to being the viewers of the show itself. Though we are not the focus of the story, we do serve a purpose. We're from all walks of life. We have our quirks, but what brings us together is the fact that we have a fondness for the show itself.

All in all, I liked this episode for its sheer zaniness, character portrayal (establishing fan ideals and forging new ones), and the great lesson at the end. I'd have to give the episode a solid 10 out of 10. What little gripes to be had with the episode -- in my honest opinion -- can be relegated to fan controversy of their established fan character not being what they thought it would be when it was showcased in the episode.

I didn't find that part very funny, really...

4461213 I really hope to see more of the changeling. I assume it's going to school in Ponyville, no idea. They had to change Derpy's name to 'Muffins' in the credits though, that really irked me...

This, was basically, what the show was and has always been all about. Besies the fact that it is a show that adults can enjoy while being aimed at girls, it is the well rounded and well designed characters that attracted us here in the first place. There is a reason why this show inspired this great fandom of writers, artist,musicians, and voice actors. Because of the characters and the fun we can have with them. Be it Bon Bon being a secret agent (Sure she is a best friend with LYra, and Cadence only kisses Shining Armor once in a while.) or Derpy being...Ditzy and cute. We all create this world because they gae us room to play in. So, I am glad to have been here for 100 eps and I am glad to have shared it with all of you.

I also love how the animators just kept on putting Bon Bon and Lyra into those positions. Like they were saying "surrrrrre they're friends." But what killed me...was Gummy.

You realize this won't stop the Bon Bon and Lyra ships, right?

Luminary
Group Contributor

You realize this won't stop the Bon Bon and Lyra ships, right?

I wouldn't want it to.
Now that Bon Bon is more interesting than she has been since the start of the FiM fandom, I want MOAR LYRABON.

4461393 Stop? They're heaping gasoline-soaked faggots on the fire.

4461287 I liked it.

I'm no fan of fanon, at all. I pick what I like and toss the rest.

I don't like pandering, either. And this episode was dedicated to it. I don't like it when creators acknowledge the whims of the fanbase, as that can tempt them to change the direction of the show, making it different from what attracted the fans to begin with.

But... I can't get it mad at it here. It's the 100th ep, in today's cartoon climate most shows don't even get close to that run time. So if they're going to pander and do what amounts to a love letter to the fandom, this is the place to do it.

Oh, one thing I have to mention....

The Mane 6 getting locked out of the wedding. Absolutely KILLED me.

-Lumino

Go ahead, there really wasn't much changed beyond Bon Bon getting something new to play wiht. Besides, just put an alt verse tag or say "Well, I do ____ some of the time, and you will be fine.

I know. Bon Bon is usually the 'straight' mare of the duo. So, having her be something as crazy as this, is quite awesome.

Yeah, Gummy was easily one of the best and most shocking moments of the episode. Completely out of left field. This was simply one of the most funny episodes of the entire series, and I loved every moment of it.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 133