All-OC Stories 2,264 members · 2,900 stories
Comments ( 113 )
  • Viewing 51 - 100 of 113

Eakin here! I'm always trying to stretch my limits as a writer with each of my fics, and the hurdle I dealt with in my latest story was writing a fic without any established characters. When I discovered that this group existed I decided it seemed like a natural fit.

C

Hi there everypony!
My name is Cezar, but I prefer C. I'm from Romania and I'm 16 years old, 1.95 m tall and really love writing. I started writing stories since I was very young, but there were moments in which I just stopped and since last year I started writing again. I really love writing and to be honest I think I never would had started writing again if it wasn't from my school, here we learn our language romanian and simply got "disgusted" after reading romanian books. By disgusted I mean that the thinking of those stories are just primitive even for the era they were written and that those stories only became popular because they were the only ones feed up to the population in that era. So to make a long story short, I started writing again and I like combining fantasy with science sometimes. I really like fanfictions, my stories contain mostly OC's, main characters only being mentioned or having only a very small role in the story. I hope if you read any of my fanficts you like them. And to say another thing, in my main fict "The Journeys of C" I use OC's suggest to me by my friends and if you want your OC to appear in a small role or in a part, you can tell me and can add them there in the story as a small role. Thanks for hearing me if you did. C'y'all:twilightsmile:

Ok! I'm The Derpinator! Not saying age, but I'm 5:3. I gave up writing for a little while, because my stories stunk. But now I'm writing again. I'm currently working on a story about a daughter of Pinkamena. Most of my stories contain OC's because I love being able to make my own charecter. Peace!:trollestia:

Ello, my name is Lathier. However, this is not the name of my OC pony... His name is Table Top, and he is pretty much the pony version of me. He is a unicorn with white coat and a black mane, whose tips change to either red, white, green, or blue. His magic centers around the elements and illusionary spells, with mild telepathy. Pretty much, he is a humongous nerd who has a taste for many things. His special talent, though is centered around Dungeons and Dragons. When he runs a game, his telepathy connects the minds of the players, and his illusions show the actions their characters play out, with them being disconnected enough to know it isn't real and to tell their actions and roll their dice. He is also in love with Ponyville's favorite mailmare, Ditzy "Derpy" Do Hooves.
I am writing his story of opening up, and would appreciate any input anyone may have. I have a few chapters out and I work on them as they come to me. My first few were pretty rapid fire as the day I had the inspiration for the story, I began to write, but there appeared instances where it was a logical cut off point, so I made them into separate chapters. Any and all opinions are appreciated if you choose to read his story.

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/66346/Table-Top-Opens-Up

Hey there, everypony. I'm Starlight Gaze, but you can also call me Iodine. I'm new to FIMfiction.net. I'm mainly an artist, but sometimes I also like to write.

My OC stories are set in a town called Hayshire, which is actually a group project between me and a couple friends. You can actually read an ongoing comic, starring Starlight Gaze, on Tumblr: http://hayshire.tumblr.com

Hello everyone! My name is Tenacious Ventura! I am new to the Brony herd, as well as FIMFiction. I have hopes to make a name for myself here. I grew up in the state of Massachusetts into a family devoted to history and politics. I have been to Europe three times (13 countries in total) and planning to go to Latin America sometime soon. I am currently a senior in High School, but I already know my future and determined to get it. I plan to take International Business for a major so I can both get a good quality job and get to see the world. The best of both worlds! Although my biggest dream is to become published writer. So far I have 23 planned fiction plots and once my name gets out there start on some non-fiction. I am a HUGE history buff and most of my writings involve history or political science in some sort of fashion.

This not my first time doing fanfictions. During my pre-teens I was once a promising writer on a website of a collaboration of animated movies called Animation Source. Although life happened and I just stopped during the height of my popularity and in the middle of a series. Hopefully that will not happen here.

I first heard about the Brony phenomenon when my friend wore a black T-shirt to school one day that had Fluttershy saying her famous "Yay!". At the time I had no clue what it was, but it intrigued me. Her colors and design somehow made me feel good! Then I became curious and watched an episode of MLP out of curiosity. Then I watched another, and then another. Next thing I knew, I became apart of the herd!

Then I heard about FIMFiction, and for about a month I read various fanfictions; mostly relating to my personal favorite pony, Rainbow Dash, in the shadows. During my time reading fanfictions and watching the show's episodes and parodies I began brainstorming ideas for my own story. First I came up with my fic, The Rise of a King, a story that gets very detailed into the history of the MLP world, and my first and main OC, Dietrich Montellius. Finally I joined the site and published The Rise of King not too long ago.

Although I am charismatic in person, my stories can get rather dark, but romantic as well. I often get into the philosophical aspects of life, some that may seem controversial. Coming from the politically active family, controversy is my game to play.

That pretty much summarizes my presence here on FIMFiction and my journey into the Brony world. I hope you have a fantastic day!

Hi folks. My name is Guy_Incognito and I'm just an ex-con trying to fly right and get his kids back

....Oh wait, no I'm not.

So, ignoring the fact that I have a terrible sense of humor, I'm actually a pretty decent guy.
I'm Gay. I'm single. I have 2 cats and, when I'm not working on writing for/reading stories on this site, I occasionally watch The Big Bang Theory reruns with my cats while I drink red wine. So, I think it's safe to say that I'm living the dream at this point :rainbowwild:

I started liking MLP when my brother showed it to me. At first, it was an ironic sort of liking, just a quirky thing to bring up in conversation with friends that'd make them go 'Oh, Guy_Incognito.....get out of here right now!" but it escalated. I started watching the episodes. I got caught up with all the internet memes (Trolllestia. Gayburn. SweetieBot) and before you know it I'm a member of this site and working on my own story. Now, it's a published 'masterpiece', It's got like 200 views and 18 likes so I think it's fair to say I'm taking this site by storm, fellers. (Sorry, again I have an underwhelming sense of humor.) I think the only thing I have left to do is shamelessly promote my story here.

If anyone is interested in reading a story about O.C. Ponies who drink, smoke, snort and screw their way through a year at an Arts College outside of Manehattan (There's also a sub plot about the main characters falling in love, it's probably not as bad as I'm making it sound.) feel free to check out my story Different Strokes.

If you love it, like it, hate it, despise it or anything else you care to say about it I'd love it if you could leave a comment on the story.

Hey everyone. I'm Doctor Dapples. I'm a pony author in the process of retiring from pony stories, but I still would like to promote my stuff a bit. I've been featured on EqDaily about 4 times, but the majority of my work is friends and uses OCs. Also, I do a lot of M/M shipping using other characters and my OC Dapples. Fraid I don't have too much to say, but if you look at my work, I'll try to look at yours too.

I am Aduro, and its a pleasure to be in this group. Hope you all enjoy my stories too. Hope you don't mind some OC/Canon character shipping either.

Hey, guys! Guys! Over here!

Hey!

I'm Goldenwing42. That's pronounced 'Goldenwing' (the 42 is silent). I got my friends and I into ponies sometime during the summer of... 2011. Yeah, that's it. 2010? No. 2011.

We were just hanging out, me and four friends, and I was bored because everyone else had Warhammer but me, so I took the time to look up some stuff about that crazy group of pony-people I'd heard about on the internet. 'Why do these people like ponies?' I asked myself. Then I answered it, by watching the first three episodes. And thank Luna I went up to three, because if I had stopped at two I wouldn't be here today. (I mean like, a brony. I'd still be alive.)

As I watched each episode, another friend would pass by and get sucked in to watching it with me. Suddenly, we were on episode 16 and it was 8 in the morning.

I'm a creative person, and I soon found mere episode to not be enough to satisfy my needs. I started doodling. I'm not much of an artist, but let me tell you, I drew so many ponies that I am no the premiere pony artist of my school. My teachers have my work up in their room and on their Facebooks. I make OCs for all my friends.

OCs! Yeah. OCs. When I first decided to write a fic, (after a bout of deep soul-searching) I wanted to do a crossover or something. I tried Ponies of the Carribean and Star Ponies. Terrible ideas. I moved on to original plots with canon characters. I started two fics and never got past the first few pages. They were terrible anyways. Those four first fics now reside in the 'Here Be Dragons' folder on my Gdocs, so I may never forget my dark and shadowed past.

Then I got to work on an all-OC story. 'Why limit myself,' I asked, 'by using someone else's characters?' Things started to really take off from there. After a wave of edits, I got accepted at EqD on only my second try (I felt pretty good about that!) and have been writing since in my free time. My fic is long, and I have big plans for it! I've been told that I'm a good writer, so I came here to FimFiction for more exposure, especially since many of my EqD potential readers seemed to think my fic was about the end of the world and that seemed to turn them off of it...

Yeah! That's all! I'ma be posting my fic, Omega, shortly!

Hi there. I haven't written any fanfiction for... Well, for quite some time, but I'm back at it with my new fic, about an OC pony who will become quite akin to a superhero.

I love the world of Equestria, but I also love being able to make my own characters. That means OCs, and that's just fine with me. :moustache:

Hi, I'm azurill-lover! I'm relatively new to the Friendship is Magic fanbase, but when I was little My Little Pony was my life. I hated FiM at first as the ponies seemed odd in comparison to my beloved collection of ponies locked away in my attic. But soon, I came to love them, and realized they weren't actually all that different. Now, I can't imagine not having FiM. It has really helped me improve as an artist, teaching myself to draw ponies certainly helped with my horse drawings in general, and the challenge of mastering my favourite character (Discord) made a massive improvement on my dragons, creatures that are frequently the subject of my art. When Pokemon failed, ponies stepped in to bring my art up another level.

I never really thought about writing pony fanfiction until my discovery of this site. Ponies were for art, not stories, those belonged to the Pokemon. With Pokemon, as I wrote based on my game play, I could afford to be a lot more free with my characters. As I played I developed personalities for the team and thought up crazy adventures for them I could then turn into literature. I just couldn't do that with ponies, because I didn't have the events of the game to help me shape my characters. It was a few days ago that I realized, I already have 4 perfectly developed characters, even though 3 of them aren't even equine, let alone My Little Ponies. But the wolf became a pony, and the dragons became a Draconequus and a pony, based on the design and which creature I thought it would work best with. And suddenly, Searching For Moon was born, along with Pony-Fire Song, Pony-Rainbleed and Draconequus-Skra.

Well, that's my little story over. Apologies for rambling a little, I don't really think anyone cares about my Pokemon fanfiction, but never mind.

Hi everyone!
Just thought I'd introduce myself to the group now that I've posted my first story.

I'm a fairly recent addition to the brony movement, having enlisted in the cause around the last third of season 2. Though I'm not sure why I've always enjoyed the concept of OC's, even with the widespread stigma that surrounds them. I can only hope my own OC's prove to be as appealing as some of the ones I've read about over the years.

Hello! I'm Ficta_Scriptor. I guess this is the part where I tell a little about myself?

I've always been an avid writer ever since I was a kid. When I was about 6 years old I came up with a character called Creepy, who was a spider. He had two best friends called Wasp and Bee. He was addicted to chocolate and he lived in a rock. In one story that I wrote, some birds drop by to try and eat him but he scares them off by gnashing his sharp, pointy teeth. My parents tried to publish my ideas into picture books, but apparently 'Biker Mice From Mars' was just too popular, so my idea wasn't accepted. :applejackunsure:

Ever since then I've always had story ideas roaming around my head. However, I never actually took the time to write them from start to finish. I tried - once - to start out an idea for a novel, (which I had titled 'Twilight', funnily enough. This was several years before those vampire books were written!) but I only got as far as the first chapter, and it was awful. Eventually, my story ideas drifted into nothingness.

Then I became a brony and started hearing about this thing called 'fan fiction'. That's right! Up until MLP came into my life I didn't even know what fan fiction was. I had no idea that people actively wrote stories about existing franchises! I started reading fan fiction on my phone at work, and I was surprised by how amazingly intricate some of them were. 'Unmarked' by Croswynd and 'The Parliament of Dreams' by Wheller stand out as amazing fics, and they both really made me want to write. Funnily enough, they're both OC-heavy.

What annoyed me most about a lot of OC fanfiction was how half-assed a lot of the characterizations were. Things felt rushed, and there was always a sense that these characters were just acting in a particular way to move the story forward. I've seen some very extreme examples of forced romances and highly questionable character choices that seemed to taint the concept of 'original character'. I sought to avoid those pitfalls.

I began writing my fic, Legacy: The End of Harmony in April 2012, though I only began publishing my work a few weeks ago. The main themes of it are questions such as 'What do we live for?' and 'What do we want lo leave behind when we die?' And yet, I think that garners a misconception from potential readers.

My pacing has been called slow. I like to call it 'deep and detailed'. I want to delve into the minds of these imaginary characters and provide genuine character development. (Something that I dare say is a very rare occurrence on fimfiction) I want to explore their reactions to mundane tasks and compare that with their reactions to epoch-shattering events. I don't want my characters to feel one-dimensional, and sometimes I don't even want them to be sure of themselves and who they are. I don't want to pick some random tragedy and try to force-feed my intended emotions to the reader. I want a slow-burner, something that builds on the reader as these characters become more 'real'. Most of all, I want to create something that will affect them long after they've stopped reading. As I browse over chapters that are yet to be published, I believe that I can accomplish this.

I'd be extremely grateful if people could give my fic a chance. :twilightsmile:

Oh what, people expect me to actually be sociable online? Fine (Grumbles)

Hello, I’m CaptSheep (Just Sheep for short), and I’ve been a part of the fandom for a little more than a year now (Joined around the middle of season 2). My first MLP fan fiction was a horrible Mary-sue HiE that has now been removed from the site and that account abandoned out of shame. I started to get interested in pony OC making when I joined an MLP Role Play minecraft server and had a lot of fun playing my OC on it, and even wrote a few short fics (Between 500 and 3000 words each) about my OC and a few other player's OC's. Unfortunately that server shut down recently and I’ve been looking for a way to write more about my own and other OC's.

I haven’t posted a story on this account at the time of this writing because I’m just starting on it now. The complete crash, burn, and subsequent scaring that came with my first MLP fanfic are still fairly fresh in my mind. It even got picked up by a group of MST'ers who I then actually joined and have been hanging with since. Its actually amazing how many things I learned from picking apart some of the worst (And best) that the fiction side of this fandom can offer and I hope that armed with this knowledge I can make a fic that not only isn’t horrible, but maybe even a little good. I’ve got A LOT of ideas that I’d like to try out (Possibly even a way to make a red and black alecorn OC story work without just avoiding the main character as much as possible) and I’m hoping that with a little hard work, (Read: Horseshoe eating level luck) I can make something respectable.

Well, I suppose I skipped this somehow, but I'll do it.

My name's TheBrownUnicorn, but friends call me Alexis because, well, that's my real name. It's also a kind of good name, and I'm proud of it, so if you want to talk to me, just call me Alexis (No one even comments me, ahahah)

I don't really have a long story with fanfiction or writing, it was mostly something new that happened like 2 years ago.

I was doing homework for Spanish, trying to write a story, and bam, long story without me even noticing it. By then, I was trying to do drawing with a friend, who offered to teach me how to draw. I must add that it went fairly well, but I didn't learn enough for me to do special kind of drawings over the Internet. It was by the next year after that one (One year ago) when I discovered that writing was my thing.

I had to do a story for Spanish yet again, and I did a small book with 30 pages. The story sucked, however, I was writing other stories in my notebooks. In that year, I also learnt about MLP.

When I entered 9th grade, I decided to write better stories, and oh god, I did. I began writing a story with one of my OCs and Pinkamena, since she was my favourite character, and there it is, placed in my stories. It is now my longest story so far, and I really like it.

I like Tragedy, Sad, Romance and Slice of Life stories. If you have one of these, send me a Message with links to your stories and I'll gladly read them and put feedback. If you give me feedback as well, I'll be really thankful.

Okay, this introduction is a bit more than 4 days late, sorry about that.
My name's GhostWriter. I guess you could say I'm technically a new writer, since I only have one fic in the works at the moment (and what's posted for it needs a great deal of editing done to it), though I can say telling stories is something I'm quite good at. Though, a warning to those who it may concern, the type of stories that I enjoy creating are based on cliché, overused ideas, often even ones that are looked down on by many other writers, but with an attempted twist or slight alteration(s) to make the whole thing more reasonable/plausible. This includes post-apocalypse Equestria, forms of black magic, time-dimensional bending, those sorts of things. It's my hope that I can take these ideas and make something good out of them where others have made them look bad.
Hope you all enjoy my work.
:raritywink:

Hi my name is Stephanie and I am a 24 y/o woman. I haven't written a single fanfic though I just started toying with the possibility. I do play sims a lot and have written several sim stories, all about my sim legacies though. I did write a few short stories as a kid. I do like to write but my brain doesn't like to co-operate plus I worry what people will say. The latter i'm getting over, though of course a writer always appreciates comments and constructive criticism etc. and the readers. The brain not co-operating? :twilightoops: I got to work on that too and actually try to not just give right up. I do write sim stories so it's not like I can't write at all. :rainbowkiss: I also want to start drawing, I hate not being good with that right away where the drawings i'm sure will start off sucky but I have to remember it takes practice to get good. I started drawing as a kid but quickly gave up, I need to stop doing that. I got into MLP...probably early this year I think, so i'm pretty new but I had just started hearing about it and then it was everywhere so I decided to see what all the hub-bub was about, found the first 2 seasons on netflix and watched the 3rd on youtube (which is now also on netflix) and I got hooked right away, those first 2 episodes I was hooked. :pinkiehappy:

Hello, I'm Darkshine Brightshadow, but you can call me Brightshadow. I love reading FanFiction, and this is only the second time I've tried writing a one with The Destroyer 7 (if you're curious, my first was a Pokemon FanFiction that was sadly never finished). I like all OC fanfictions because I (personally) feel they're easier to get into because you're not expecting the character to behave a certain way.

I'll pretty much read anything as long as it's not too simple and the grammar isn't horrible. It can be mature too. I like complexity. :derpytongue2: So please, feel free to spam me with your stories, I'll read 'em!

Hello, I'm Pick-Six, and I'm an alchoholic OC enthusiast.

I have two stories that deal with mainly OCs (Protagonists are either original or vastly under-developed.) Those stories are:

My Cross to Bear

and

Shine Down on Me

Feel free to tear them apart. Cheers, folks! :moustache:

Alright. Hey everypony and everybody. The names Gamel or at least my nickname do to the fact that i can't stop playing games. I've created some games in my free time but I'm not really proud of them. Other than that fact I have a very over imagination for stories. Though I'm not a good writer I give it a shot. Hmmm lets see lets see... Oh yea I should mention I'm a little bit crazy. I tend to break out in laughter sometimes when in intense pain or in a bad situation. I also tend to make a lot of mistakes and don't really know what i'm doing some days. Though I'm glad I've finally taken some time off and decided to join a group and get myself somewhat known. Any whooooooooo Check out some of my stories some times like Dark journal or anything ya like. I take criticizer very well and know that I'm a bad writer so yea give it your best shot :scootangel:

I haven't been on a forum in 6 months. Let's see if I can still do this.

Hoo boy...

My name's Stopwatch. I've gone by other aliases, but usually I'm Stopwatch. As my profile states, I'm a lazy, sociophobic, cynical jerk with a heart of gold or more likely bronze. I'm critical of other people, but I'm more critical of myself, and as a result I've got some pretty terrible self-esteem. I also usually just say what I think, not just on the internet but in real life. It's easier for me to speak my emotions than show them, so I often never hold back my thoughts. Honesty is blunt and cold sometimes. My life isn't very interesting. I play games, listen to music, and sometimes attempt to write stuff. I only leave my man-cave if I need to eat or use the bathroom.

I was introduced to the MLP fandom through a small division roaming on another forum (which will go unnamed), and the herd's been dragging me along by my ankles since late 2011. Let it also be known that I'm one of those individuals who enjoys the community more than the show. (Very much so, actually.) I enjoy the fan-fiction more than anything.

My main passion is writing. I'm a very avid storyteller, and people tell me my work is a lot of good. However, due to the nature of my awful self-esteem, I'm one of those authors who often hates everything he writes not a second after he writes it. I may often love something I've done one minute and then want to change it completely the next. Maybe I'm too much of a perfectionist. Or maybe I'm just indecisive. Hopefully college smacks some more sense into me while I try laughably to obtain a degree in creative writing over the next couple years.

Still, I did join the site with the intention of putting up fan-fiction, and that's what I'm going to do. I've been experimenting with a lot of ideas, and hopefully my first story comes out soon. Of course, this will be my first real Fan-Fiction, on the internet no less, and as such I'll probably be nervous enough to the point where I'll be asking for plenty of people to read it and give their opinion on it before I actually even submit it.

I suppose I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. Or jump off of it midway. Depends on whether or not I like what I see on the other side.

No replies for six weeks? Let's bring the thread back to life, shall we?

My name is Zoltan, but I usually go by the nick Banan1, or just B. I'm currently 18, and started writing about a year ago. Well, in Hungarian that is. As you may guessed it by now, I live in Hungary. In a small town out in the countryside to be exact. Not much action here, and not much to do for a nerdy guy like me, so I rather chill at home.
I first heard about MLP and the fandom somewhere around the beginning of season 2. There were very few bronies by that time in Hungary, so I started doing my own little business, getting people together. As by now, I'm the head of the second largest (and often called best) group of hungarian bronies.
As for writing, I'm currently working on a looong fanfic in Hungarian, but for more feedback, I started translating it to English just a few days ago. I haven't done any other serious fics, only a couple of plotless clopfics.
Not much to say aside these. :3 Biez!

Greetings and salutations all. My name is Rian but you can call me by Tinkerton, who happens to be my OC that i have been developing for some time. I am new to writing any kind of fan fic. I have read them in the past but while I do enjoy writing, I never felt I could interpret an existing world very well. I have been into the MLP:FiM fandom for at least a year after watching my first episode while waiting for something else to come on.

I currently am working on an OC story set in (at the moment) the same universe as the show about an earth pony named Tinkerton who's special gift is being able to craft all sorts of gizmos and gadgets that can help anypony in need. I say at the moment for the universe setting because I have been told by some that my story seems a bit steam-punkish so I may or may not alter Equestria's storyline and place him on a parallel, yet equal event universe, but I will see how that turns out. Only have the first chapter up but wanting to get a chapter a week if school/life can allow it. You can find my story here: Tales of a Tinker Pony

Hello all I'm C.L.P. and I just joined this group, cause I've been wanting to read some good OC fics. I've been a brony around the time the show was starting out thanks to a friend of mine. I got about 3 good OCs so far, and I think I'm pretty good at coming up with some. So if anyone is having trouble coming up with one I'll be happy to help you out be it for a background, main or side character I don't mind. And the only think I want in return is just a thanks and that's it. So goodbye and embrace the madness!

Afternoon folks. My name's Justin or Snow Blitz (That's my Colt OC). I'm 22 years old and I enjoy writing all OC stories with the main 6 as background characters. I have written 2 stories featuring OC's since joining the fim community. I'm kinda shy and reserved, thus I don't like to speak often. The stories I have written to contain fetishy material (Diaper Fetish). My first ever story is on a near permanent Hiatus seeing how I've got no inspiration to finish the story. I'm currently in the middle of writing my first serious story about Scootaloo and Rainbow Dash, which should hopefully be done soon.

Hi, I`m PonyBlueRose. I am female and tend to be quite or shy I guess. I enjoy making OCs and making stories about them. I am currently working on a OC story about 9 ponies living in Canterlot, it has a slice of life feel (at least later on) and takes the main element of MLPFIM and ups it a bit, making it about finding and making your own family.

Greetings younglings...

I am known as DegeTheMighty, 6th Redactor of the Sect. I have been entombed with the catacombs of Fimfiction for nearly two years, before I finally broke free. Now I walk among you, writing of my dreams and nightmares. One day, I'm sure my name will be etched into the walls.

Okay breaking character... Hi guys. So yeah, i write things! Have been for almost five years. You could probably tell by my page that Shining Armor is best BBBFF.

Anyway I do hope to work on all OC stuff soon, because I view it as a challenge. I just need an OC first! Don't touch me on Tuesday, and we won't have any problems! :pinkiehappy:

Hey, i accidentally posted in the wrong thread, lol still getting used to the navigation, I am Fenrir Galloper (my OC/Ponysona) or rather im going to be posting as my OC, my real name is Cameron. I am trying to get my Fanfic off the ground, it has some great humer, but is primarily an adventure, best case scenerio it will be made into a fanfic series. but i want to see how this one in particular plays out.

a BIT about cameron, i am a milittary brony, 19 years old currently awaiting orders to leave for Ft Sill oklahoma nov 5th, and be stationed with the Alpha battery 40th feild artillery for about 8 weeks then its of to flight school... if you have any questions message me.. and if you enjoy reading fanfics go to my page and you will find it there. I also do fanfic requests, OC profile builds, Some commissions, and cutiemark designs.

Happy late MLPFIM Anniversary 10/10/10

U.N.I.T Agent
I have seen some shit man!

Well, as someone has added my story on to this group, I think it is only fair that I join the thing, eh?

Long story short, I got into ponies on more of a need basis than for just enjoyment. Then, as I normally do, I felt the need to participate in the fandom. As an artist of many facets, but little true skill, I chose a way to give back to those that helped me see the light.

My reasons for doing OC characters is more out of my dislike of "stealing" other characters. I know it isn't when fan work is considered, but to me, the mane six are who they are. I can not know how they would truly act without knowing how the actual writers plan the character. Therefore, I choose to avoid that whole mess by making my own characters, in my own town, with my own story arch. This allows me to only use the established time frame and environment, but all the freedom to do whatever I fraggin want.

I will also note, I do not like those who write an OC as a reflection of themselves. It's tacky and generally makes the story all about how they can bag X pony Y times :trixieshiftleft:. I make characters, not ponified writers.:eeyup:

Trismegistus here,

I'm a college student writing for fun. I'm not great, but i had a story in my head and i wanted to share it with other people. Most of my school related writing is very technical so this is a pretty big departure from what i am used to.

I'm currently writing/uploading my first fanfic, and i decided to make it all OC's. I did this for two reasons: 1) i dont think i can do canon characters justice and 2) i wanted more freedom for character growth and development. Since i'm writing a persona cross over its important that each character is unique, fits an arcana, and can grow and change. What i really want to do with my story is show how ponies who aren't part of the Mane 6 would react to the situations they are presented with, like Nightmare Moon's return.

Hi there, I'm DayDreams, a newbie to writing. Love the show. :heart: or I wouldn't try this out.

Um.... Hi.

I'm Zepherno, I'm 15 and live in the UK.

..yes, I'm English, deal with it.

I joined this fandom almost a year ago in the summer, and shortly after, I started to write stories about it.
I like action/romance based stories the most... so, yeah.

I've run out of things to say.

Wait, one more thing.

I have three fics, but the first one I wrote back in August/September. It's called 'Flame of a different world'
(Fuck, I need to think of a better title.)
My second fic was a one-shot collaboration with Atomicbrony45 called 'through sickness and in health' - I'll revisit it at some point
My third one isn't complete, it's called 'The slash of Thunder'.
They're basically all in the same universe tied in with one of atomicbrony45's stories:
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/141638/derpy-hooves-an-unexpected-journey

kthxbai

I Want To dO It even though im really late.
Im Fire Spirit.
this is an oc i created and put a lot of time an effort into. He is a victim of Shadow's Curse. Just like how Twilight is friendship and Cadence is love well Fire Spirit is fear(*Spoiler alert* in my story Shadow's Curse Fire Spirit get turned into a alicorn prince). im been writing sense like early May, but I've reading fanfic much longer. i love fanfics :raritystarry: the first one ive every read was On a Cross and Arrow. i loved it and just was obsessed with the colt version mane 6, my favorite is Rarity/Elusive. my favorite pony is Rarity anyways. i found this site by accident actually. i was looking for something to read and i found this fanfic Giving Love a Helping Hoof and just fell in love with but right as the story got good the author decided to stop putting it on the site i was reading and put it on this one. i love to read period so why not read some mlp fanfics. i do a lot of school stuff spending 2 summers and im preparing to spend this summer and 2 years of Saturdays in a learning enrichment program so i really dont get a lot of sleep and im always doing homework. mlp has always been a bit of a release for me. i dont really get to enjoy my childhood as much as other children my age so watching a show about friendship with pastel color ponies really reminds me that im am only a child. the irony is that i only have one real friend :rainbowhuh:. its not that i cant make friends its just that im kinda shy and i dont really like being around people but my best friend is the best friend i could ever ask for and my favorite show is about friendship :pinkiehappy:.
Well thats me( Fire spirit is just a screen name i dont try to be him in any way he is his own character i just needed a name and i like his name :twilightblush:)
i also really like the little emoji things they are a nice touch to the site

Going to try to break out of the mold a little, myself, since we're in a visual medium space after all.

About me as a writer:
Because I don't believe in the ability to "have it all" I am lead to appreciate complex or "messy" narrative concepts, or anything that makes me think. However, I don't expect others are the same (INTJ are just 2% of the population) so I try to make the story appealing, while leaving the ideas buried deep inside for those who wish to dig for hidden treasure.

Examples of Style:
To Cure Deception is an adventure through tragic circumstances. Wherein the main character, a changeling, has to not only find out who he is, but why he isn't that pony anymore. It is fundamentally about a question of what defines an identity, and if that thing something that can be changed. Including gender identity, place in society, and much more. But the story itself doesn't get nearly as heavy as the topics I tackle with it.

The Secret Special Somepony is the followup to this story, and idea, I'm working on. It asks if how others define us is the same as we define ourselves, while also exploring the various concepts of love, from the perspective of not just the changeling, but also the donors. The deeper subtext being love can hurt if it is mishandled, and it can be mishandled by more than just others.

Daughter of the First Reign, likewise, is a fun coming of age story, set during wartime, where a cute filly is gifted with a unique talent that others try to exploit for their own gain. The way the character is largely disconnected from the actions of war, but bathed in their repercussions, helps shape her world view in a way that leaves the story somewhat light regardless its dark subtext. It follows the question of: "What is parenting really? If not for the domestication of a wild animal, or the colonization of a soul?"

About me as a person: I am INTJ, which says quite a ton with those four little letters.
We think things like this:

But say shit like this:

We make bizarre(ly logical) connections like this:

And even our art serves a practical purpose: (Though title cards may not be the best example of "Art".)

This one's being the cover art for the listed story is the location, and idea the idea, that is most significant to the story. All boiled down into the abstraction of a pool of water by some grass (in the Everfree Forest) and Ashveld's island respectively.

So that's me in a nutshell.

Don't look at me, man, I'm just a lemon.

Well howdy! As an OC-centered individual, I figured I'd hunt down some OC-oriented groups, which is why I'm here. I obviously enjoy writing and the technicolor cathorses as I am here. :P I'm a doctor of physics by day, studying funky little particles called neutrinos. However, I just can't get over the magic of writing and the joy of original characters. :)

Hi, i'm Rusty! :raritywink: I'm a Half-Yoshi ponywolf. Pegasus (Not werewolf) I am fun and spontaneous. It's like I was Sombra and rainbow dash combined into a hybrid.:rainbowhuh: I am dark yet awesome. I draw art occasionally, but I always make the digital as well. I'm only 20, but I've been here for almost 4 years.:twilightsheepish: I was a fan when this show first came out on the hub.
I'm an EMT, loving to save lives. :yay:

Hello, I am Angel Dust(y). I like the ponies and some other random mix matched things.

My creativity intends to get the best of me, I like writing stories in general, because where I know it needs to be fan-fiction where the verse seems so out of place normally others get to hating it because it not base about what more closer to what verse is.

Because of a Race/Creature I made up from childhood story I made, I only fear to share this poorly made story. I grown the creature from the things that I had see around and watched on TV, also reading many books mostly of dragons and Magic, also a tiny bit of sci-fi.

These creatures has flaws like that of humans and ponies alike. There is also strength in the mind of two in one body and space in as it was full of breathable air and the same with water, also normal air that a pony and human breathes some have magic like that of wizard, witch, unicorn or Alicorn.

There is others that don't have it, but there speed of flight will make many fliers jelly that can't go the speed of light, some it just sound, then there the ones that can barely fly at all.

Where these creatures normally welcome to a world mostly filled with creatures that walk on hooves and fly with feathers, also some other things as well.

I checked out my latest fic "The Last Alicorn(Book one: Purpose) and saw my story added to it and figured Id give the group a join! So hows everyone?!

Wow, I'm late. Oh well. Hopefully you people will check out my post because... y'know, it's at the bottom and my icon thingy is colorful.

Hello! My name is Ms. Samantha, because YOU GUYS DON'T GET TO KNOW MY FULL NAME. :flutterrage:

I'm young for ALL of you, because I am a newly new pegasister at age 13. Don't let my youth fool you, though. I'm probably one of the smartest, and most mature... people my age. As a new freshman, I'm excited to see if highschool is really all that people hype it up to be. It probably won't be. Oh well.

I got into MLP when I saw the episode, "Look before you sleep". At first I thought, "OH MY GOD WHAT IS THIS THAT ISN'T PONIES THEY LOOK CREEPY AHHHH!!" Heh, I even saw "Stare Master" with the same mindset, and thought nothing of it when I saw future princess Twilight Sparkle turned to stone. I thought it was just another pony. I really looked into it when "bronies" started appearing everywhere. Back in good ol' 2012. My last birthday was probably my best ever, because it was when I finally got out of the age demographic for MLP, officially making me a pegasister.

Ah! This is a writing thread! Well, I've been writing since I was little, starting with my very own, "The S Loud Children." (It was about the letter H trying to get her kids to fall asleep, but she can't. She freaks out when she hears a snake. It turns out to be the letter S, who offers to help H get her kids to calm down. They make the SH sound, and the kids fall asleep. I was five. Don't judge, k?). I was writing originals ever since, usually short stories.

Stories stories stories. I love them. If you take the time to read my bio, you'll see that. Just... STORIES. I guess writing my original stories made me write original characters. I see too much mane 6 and others stories out there... where are all the stories with First Spark in them?! (Lol jk, but really, I need some recognition, people!) This entire world has so much potential to offer! My entire account will be all OC only, and such. Editting and criticalizing is welcome.

That's... me I guess? Sure. We'll go with that. Keep on writing!

Hi. I'm Pononimous. Some of you may already be familiar with my name. For those of you who haven't met me yet, hi!

I've been an amateur writer for forty five years, now. (Yes, you read that right.) I've written in various genres from Science Fiction to Murder/Mystery and Adventure stories and I've loved writing them all.

At this point in my life and being a Brony I'm now taking the time to devote myself to MLP:FIM fan fictions, which I've found are quite fun and enjoyable to write.

I frequently write all-OC stories. It's enjoyable for me to create and develop new character ideas and concepts. For me that's part of the fun of writing.

I have a wonderful, fun, bright, vibrant and very talented collaboration partner, The Wandering Bard, who is most famous for her Wandering Bard series of stories. They're excellent and I highly recommend you give them a read. Our first collaboration story is A Murder On Lilac Lane, a very exciting murdery mystery tale involving all OC characters.

I also compose music from time to time, as the mood strikes. You're free to give a listen to them if you like. You can find themhere, here, here and finally, this one, which everyone seems to like the best. Many have said it's my best yet.

Well, that's about it! Thanks for reading. :twilightsmile:

I am Astatine. I am the element of the unknown.
That's all I shall say on the matter.

Banzai Tree here. よろしくお願いします!
As of today, I'm a 16-year-old Indonesian who doesn't normally write stories for fun. As such, I don't write unless I get the motivation to do so or am forced due to circumstances.

But things changed when I saw Fo:E. Its standing in the MLP community. The fanart it sprung up. All that like and love.

I covet it.

I've got this idea for a fanfic in my head for quite a while now. Probably some of you know it as MLP: FiM: Team AA (Double Ace)

I'm not gonna be immature and hate on Kkat's fic like a kid, so I rely on good hard writing skills to try and outperform Kkat (I know. Crazy).

But I can't do it alone. That's why I posted it here to help boost the views I got.

Hopefully my wishes come true. It may seem impossible, but I want to at least rival Fo:E's greatness.

That's it, really. Can't talk much 'cause, well, I'm doing this late at night and I gotta sleep. Sorry about that if you think this is quite disrespectful of me, going out quickly like this.

Hello I am GryphStar. I am a writer, with poor grammar skills. but a master in suspense, every chapter I write has you wanting to read the next one. So in other words my stories are good, but my grammar is terrible. In fact all my stories so far are near split down middle in ratings. what I am really wanting to do is establish a group that constraints on the dark stories that the Main 6 don't know about. where stories of the Princesses and/or the Villains, and/or the Side Characters, and/or Background Characters, and/or the Others that most have forgotten, and/or especially the OCs, that don't get enough love can go. The Otherverse

Hello everypony!

I'm new to the site, and new to writing and reading pony fics in general, though I'm hardly new to fanfiction. The first MLP fanfiction I got into was Fallout: Equestria, thanks to a friend.

I'm a relatively new mom and a creative writing graduate. I self-published my own fantasy novel with lezzy characters. I recently started my first ever pony fic and OC story about pirate ponies in an alternate universe.

If you'd like to get in touch with me, just send a PM! I love a good chat. :raritywink:

Hello! I'm PyrotechNick, and well... I'm really just starting to entertain the thought of writing fics. I designed my first OC about 2 years ago, but I never really gave him a personality (ponyality?). I recently revised him and basically made him my own personal ponysona, as I based his personality on that of myself. I've had thoughts lately about some of my favorite fics and where I'd like to see them go, or what I would have done differently. This has me wondering if I should just write it myself (when I have the time). Anyway, It's nice to meet everypony, and I hope to hear some feedback soon. I've actually written a (very) short backstory on him. BTW, he shares my name, PyrotechNick. I'll try to include a pic when I post his backstory.

Did I ever introduce myself? I don't know. xD

How's it going guys? I'm WonderShy101, and I've been on this site since 2013, but never made a story nor talked to anyone until now. xD I am going to college for animation and game design, so maybe later on I might be able to turn my stories into an animation of some sort. x3 Don't be shy to PM me if anyone wants to talk more! c:

I'm Askre and I'm usually a lurker.

I'm Icelandic born and bred, but moved to Norway in 2003 and have been living there ever since.. I've been writing for a long time but didn't really jump into the whole fan fiction thing until about eleven years ago when I wrote for few years in the TMNT fandom (still actually writing in there). I became a Brony in 2011 and started writing Pony in 2012.

I'm a very Original Character friendly guy due to the fact that I've been writing original fiction for 20 years (none published though) so I've never had any issues with writing fan fiction that features OCs prominently, nor reading fics that are OC heavy. I'm all for character creation and have often enjoyed a lot the creativity I've witnessed both here and elsewhere in terms of characters.

That's all for now, back to lurking. :pinkiehappy:

• Viewing 51 - 100 of 113