All-OC Stories 2,264 members · 2,900 stories
Comments ( 113 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 113
Ezn
Group Admin
Ezn #1 · Apr 7th, 2012 · · ·

Introduction threads are a great way to get people talking, because really, who doesn't like indulging in some narcissism and talking about themselves every once in a while?

(Swanky is fun and all, but I think we need a real intro thread.)

I'll go first.

My name's Ezn and I'm an amateur writer. I've been writing stories in some form or another pretty much since they taught me how to hold a pencil and make it draw symbols that represent sounds. I've written tonnes of flash fiction pieces, a few short stories and about one and a half novels. Most of them aren't even okay, but they got me where I am today – which is to say they made me a halfway competent writer.

Until I got into MLP last May, "fanfiction" was not a word I associated with anything positive. I'd trawled the Fanfiction.net archives of my favourite creative properties before, and all I'd found was poor editing, melodrama, and admittedly funny trollfics. Back in those days, seeing the name of a cartoon character written down in the middle of a narrative was enough to make the bile rise in my throat.

But that all changed with ponies. Shortly after I found myself watching a little girl's cartoon, I found myself reading fanfiction (unironically) and enjoying it! Stories like Fallout: Equestria, Half the Day is Night and It's a Dangerous Business, Going Out Your Door gave me hope for fanfiction, and I've been avidly devouring it ever since.

Oh, and I write some fanfiction as well. If you went back in time and told past Ezn about that, he'd probably laugh in your face or start crying and cutting himself.

Perhaps because of how used to writing original stories I am, pretty much all of my work features OC protagonists. My most ambitious and well-received story, Long Distance, is almost entirely populated by OCs (and that's a part of why I made this group).

I guess it might also be interesting to note that I occasionally review stories in the /fic/ Training Grounds and have written a guide on the things I've learnt about writing fanfiction.

Now it's your turn!

Really? Do I have to do this?
Yes, you do.
Okay, then, I will, but it won't be this long.

I used to not like writing of any sort. Whether it was music lyrics, prose, or poetry (the last probably the most enjoyable at the time), writing was just not my strong suit. If you look at me now, it still isn't. But I have more of a connection to it now. And it's more fun.

It all started when I decided to jokingly search My Little Pony on Google after seeing the first few episodes. One of the first things that came up was a website that I came to know as Equestria Daily. It was the whole reason I started getting into this brony thing. But After a few months of only reading stories, and being fed up with the way the website was organized, I decided to look for a better website. That's where FIMFiction.net came in.

I really don't remember how I found this website in the first place, but I knew I liked it as soon as I saw it. After getting a few online friends by critiquing their stories, I was writing my first story, "The Insecurity". It was a CMC-military themed story that didn't really take off.

That was the only story I have made that does not include many OC's. Every other one I have made or am in the process of making have many protagonist OC characters, including an American Football story, The National Equestrian Longball League (NELL) (surprisingly no one came up with that idea yet), and a Music-related HiE fic in the making.

Wow, I guess that was long.
Note: If you are interested for sending your OC for either/both of these stories, send me a PM.
And Now For Something Completely Different

Well, I guess it's my go then.

I used to only write when had to (school assignments, letters to friends, etc.), but much like you pair, this programme changed that.

Originally, I was only active on deviantART, and had been so since before the show came about. When I saw every other post being about ponies, it caught my attention, and then I watched the show, and loved it.

I also started reading others' works and thinking, "damn. These all seem to take place in Ponyville, don't they?" because they predominately were set in the mane setting of the show. Growing ever so bored with that, I wrote, "Out of the Sky," which only has a few titbits of action in Ponyville. And, I have to agree with Ezn that setting comprised mainly of OC's are much better to read and write than those that revolve around The Six or other canon characters.

And, with that, my word typing functions for this particular instance will cease.

My name is Kim, I'm 16 and lives in Sweden. I am a amature writer. I have still to train grammar when it comes to English, but I am learning. I am also aoutor of the X-COM triology here on fimfiction, and former of the X-COM group here.

I encontered MLP:FiM sometime last year on a now closed down forum. One there had the name Fluttershay and had made some RuneScape art, and had started to show us some drawings of Fluttershy.
When she put up her results on the personality test on the site in here signature, I looked up where she culd see the show on Swedish on TV.
Some time after I clicked on results and was supprised by what I saw. I closed the window as fast as I culd. Next time I was there I looked around and found a link to the ponycreator. I also found Equestria daily ther and the fiction Hoennshy that got me here on fimfiction.
Some days late I did the personality test and put it up on the sight in my signature.
I became an brony around the end of January this year. And I created my OC 9 mars. I had started to see the show in see the show in secret. When I heard the song Porund to be a brony, I became an open one.
I created my fiction the 9th of mars too, I had seen some X-COM crossover art on EQD and that got me to write.

*Me cracks knuckles and grins in satisfaction*
"Alright, let's buckin do this"

When I first started College part-time, I began to experiment with drawing. I had done doodles before, but nothing overly complicated. My first drawings were understandably, not that well received when I first posted them on DeviantArt. Then again I did draw my first one on Lined paper, which was considered a major mistake on DA. Sometimes, people would post stories on DA which would just grab my attention, I also read online interactive stories which had the add the next chapter thing going on. I grew fed up with the interactives as they would attract too many trolls and lazy writers.

I went to fanfiction.net for awhile, but I never really enjoyed the websites formatting or simplistic look. So I gave up on fan stories for a long time and simply stuck with Art and comics. Then MLP: FiM just barrel rolled out of nowhere and then CR on TGWTG talked about it. I was intrigued so I watched it and found it entertaining. The best bit was I discovered it just as they began releasing Season 2, which Had John DeLancie basically playing Q in MLP.

So I got interested and made an account here so I could track stories I really enjoyed and favourite them. I got interested in writing stories again, and my first big hit was ATFN: The Assassin's Story, a side-story to the popular After That Fateful Night. I've got several stories currently going, and I am currently indulging in adding to the Fallout Equestria wiki. Here's a link to my user page there, with a list of all the pages I personally made. My User Page

I guess I'm next.

I am probably the youngest amateur writer here, being only 13. Before I got into FIMFiction, I would hang around YouTube, mainly commenting on kyrospawn videos. The only experience I've had with writing was when I was forced to in school, and some other short stories I wrote in 4th grade. As far as mature content goes, I've heard and actually seen worse, so I'm not really effected by any mature stories on this site.

Sometimes my stories are good, sometimes they're pretty bad. My worst story yet is Envy, which has 12 thumbs down and little support. Hated and Childhood did much better, and I'm currently working on another story featuring my OC, Phoenix. Every once in a while, I'll write a story based on a new episode that may have came out a few days prior to my work.

I have a DA page where I put up my fanfic covers and stuff. I will only submit covers of stories that didn't do terrible, which is why I haven't submitted the Envy cover. Other than that, I don't really create much art, drawing or computerized. I'd like to focus more on writing, as I barely get time to do so.

Well, who's next?

Well, here goes nothing...

I'm RoflNom. I'm also an amateur writer, really only doing it for fun. I found this site a while back, when I discover Equestria: Total War. After maybe a week or two of just reading, I got an idea. Why not try writing myself? I had a few decent ideas, but nothing major. Like I said, I'm writing more for fun than anything. My favorite stories I've read are probably My Little Dashie, Fallout: Equestria, and Monster/Ascended.

That's pretty much all I've got. I'm not too good at this introduction stuff. :twilightsheepish:

Good day to you all. My name is Gabriel LaVedier, creator of Bad Apple and the originator of the Most August and Honorable Bawdy Order of the Dames of the Tea Table. As some have realized I am an English major, formerly ona University undergraduate track.

I was an early pony adopter, made aware of the new series by several 4chan denizens. I first thought to write stories to promote my preferred ships, and to an extent I still do. But I find that, more importantly, my fics should express something, whether that be philosophical, interpersonal, or similar. And express disdain for certain persons who instigated a feud after being a creeper.

My bread and butter is the romance, especially the settled relationship defending itself from the slings and arrows of external forces. But lately I have also been delving into the philosophical/ideological adventure/action genre. I have also been actively and seriously promoting the creation of interspecies romances between ponies and other sentient species, especially Diamond Dogs, Griffins and Donkies.

My name is Michael, I'm an amateur writer who has apparently mad a lot of progress.
I'm 15, my first fic was a cupcakes spinoff (a very bad one at that). I wrote that on a whim and have loved writing ever since. I can honestly say that ponies helped my english, because as I said I've improved a lot

Hello people of this group.
I am Dark. I am an Amateur writer, though I have been called Professional once or twice. I am 16 and I've only been writing for about 6 months, I started with Naruto and moved on to my other favorite Anime.
I only recently Became a Brony, I thought the show was a bit too flamboyant because I had never really seen much of it but I gave it a try. I was bronified by how much pinkie made me laugh and by Nightmare moon/Luna. I started my MLP fanfictions with an idea that I never completed, which was turning MLP into a grimdark. next came my allOC story- that really isn't good at all on here due to grammar issues- and then came my other ones. I get inspiration for my stories at random or when I have my own ideas while reading another big one( for example, Unexpected friends was inspired by Two's company, Three's crowd). I enjoy what I do and I have hit about 4k views in about 3 weeks. I enjoy feedback- though having everyone comment about the same thing over and over gets annoying- and welcome criticism on anything and everything I do.
Until next time, Farewell my friends

In case anyone missed it before, here's my introduction. Nice to meet all of you, by the by.

I'm Croswynd, a bit of an amateur writer, as I'm sure most of us are. My work in the past has primarily consisted of fan fiction, with My Little Pony being the latest universe I've decided to delve into, but I've done quite a bit of original fiction as well. I've heard my strengths are characerisation, while my weak points are overarching storytelling and writing down to the reader. I am also the proud owner of a rather large story in this very group, Unmarked, right now sitting at 104k words of, I have to admit, somewhat boring storylines and horrible, horrible puns. On the other hoof, people who read my writing usually end up enjoying it, if only because my technical skills in the grammar and sentence syntax department are above average.

Well I had a pretty decent bio up on my profile page but the recent format changes seem to have erased it. Here's starting from scratch:

Hello all! I'm Brony_Joe and I sort of consider myself a jack of all trades, master of none. I went to school for Graphic Design, play guitar in a band, and occasionally write creatively. I wrote a few pieces for fun in high school to see if it was something I would enjoy as a few of my friends did similarly and while I did enjoy it, the process took to long for my liking so I only wrote occasionally. I read a few fanfictions at the time and had nothing nice to say about them then and I still have nothing nice to say about what I saw and pretty much up until ponies popped up that opinion had been rock solid for ALL fanfics. Accordingly, I swore I'd never write fanfics.

Life goes on, I only pen a short story here or there, all OCs, all Mary Sues, maybe one true self insert, all horrendously horrible. But I don't care cause writing isn't my main focus and instead I concentrated on art and music. I went to college, learned Adobe products, met some cool peeps, picked up guitar, hat took over my life and moved on.

And then I fell into a trap. I thought it was innocuous, innocent, well past the time it ended. The ramifications didn't even set in until a few months ago. On one of the guitar forums I participated in, in the general chat threads, they had a very loose and free flowing Pokemon Red/Blue version themed Chose Your Own Adventure thread going on. It started off bad, probably worse than you can imagine but somewhere along the line one poster actually took some time and tried to salvage the laming heap into something not worthy of a fiery death. I was inspired by his valiant attempt and joined in. I didn't see it as taking part in a collaborative fanfic, I saw it as doing my childhood justice. Slowly, other contributors started taking it seriously as well and by the end we'd turned it from "Pikasu uS SkullfVck! lolololol!!1!1!!one!" to a mildly gripping if inconsistent story of a kid finding his place in the world.

My entries were long in comparison to other's but still less than 2,000 words so they were frequent by my standards. Making them felt good, and rekindled a love for writing. Taking part was like a gateway drug, that first drag of a real cigarette and I soon found myself addicted to writing. And just as quickly as it started, it ended. My final entry was the last thing I wrote, about two years ago now.

I wanted to continue writing something else but the timing coincided with other factors which didn't leave room for writing. Transfered schools, workload increased. Found a band, free time decreased. Did a bunch of things but writing wasn't one of them.

And then ponies.

A friend got me hooked after months of debating and it's been downhill ever since. I started watching last May and slowly immersed myself in the budding culture. I did make it a point to avoid fics though. But sometime over the summer a friend on the previously mentioned guitar forum said he was reading a hilarious pony themed fanfic that was also a crossover with The Hangover. Given my preconceived notions about fanfics in general and lack of experience with the ponyfic fandom, I read it just to see how bad it was. It surprisingly wasn't. It was only a matter of time (about 2-3 weeks) before my already crumbling standards gave way and I read more. I read a few shorter, one installment pieces, each better than the last before hitting up the bigguns; Tales of the Winter Magic Academy, Past Sins, Through The Eyes of Another Pony etc reafirmed my faith in humanity's ability to create good fan works and I've pretty much been devouring everything I can since.

What sparked my desire to write again though was actually Ezn's Long Distance. His characterizations and world building just seemed to trigger something in me. By then I was in my final semester and hit was hitting the fan so I still didn't have time to sit down and write for hours on end like I used to but the desire was there. In what little down time I had I sketched and brainstormed and slowly fleshed out the characters and world in ways that I hoped would do the other great fics proud.

But I just sat on it. The semester ended in December, I had finished school, the holidays happened and I picked up a shitty job to keep a roof that isn't my parent's place over my head and keep me in town playing with the band. Shit was real tight for a while and I couldn't focus on much of anything, much less writing. Hell I could barely squeeze in actually watching the show every week.

But as time changes all things, I've settled into a routine and can now actually begin working on writing my story. It's slow moving and bouts of inspiration rarely coincide with free time to act upon it, but I'm making headway and can't wait to share it here. In a single sentence, it's about OC pony musicians forming a band, melting faces and hopefully becoming a family despite the challenges their career path throws at them. Expect references to movies about bands, anecdotes from actual rock and roll history, and and a few choice experiences from my own life as a musician. And ponified band names. Oh sweet Celestia will there be ponified band names.

The biggest delay to actually getting it out though is that given the nature of the story and my particular skill set, I'm turning this into a multimedia event. I'm not JUST writing a story about a band, I'm writing the music the band plays, recording it, making promotional art work, etc etc etc. On one hand I may have bitten off more than I can chew but to turn yet another phrase; go big or go home.

So yeah, that's pretty much my life story in regards to writing and ponies. It's a pleasure to meet you all and my apologies for rambling.

So my first attempt at a post got a little effed up. I blame Verizon/Motorola. Lemme try this again.

How did I find out about the show? Well, let me preface the answer to that question by saying I'm a huge baseball fan. Now, you're probably wondering what the hell that could possibly have to do with My Little Pony, but stay with me here. As a kid growing up in South Jersey, I was raised a fan of the Philadelphia Phillies, but only recently did I discover the wonders of the intricacies of baseball. I've developed a profound appreciation for the numbers side of the game, and as a result I found myself drawn to a certain Phillies blog on SB Nation that specializes in advanced metrics. And for a time on this blog, MLP jpegs and gifs were a common occurrence, particularly ones that featured the caption "Haters Gonna Hate." I thought it was funny in a very stupid way, then one of the regulars mentioned that he watched the show regularly and was a fan. I figured, why not? What was the worst that could happen? I watched the first few episodes, expecting it to be another typical girly show...and I laughed my ass off the whole way through. Rarely did the show ever strike me as cheesy or hackneyed in any way. It was original, engaging, and incredibly well put-together. 6 months later, I've seen every episode to date, and I'm very much looking forward to the season finale.

So there you have it. I watch My Little Pony because I'm a fan of the Philadelphia Phillies. Go friggin' figure...

Anyways, a little more about me as a person. I'm a senior music major at a little school you've never heard of, and my life goal is to make a million dollars writing the next great symphony...or I'm going to try and earn my Ph.D. in music composition and be a professor at some other school no one's heard of, whichever seems more realistic. I don't really consider myself much of a writer; "The Old Me" is the only serious work I've ever completed, and even then that's a little rough around the edges. What I'd really like to do (and am actually working on) is write a few orchestral pieces based on the show. I'm a huge fan of the Finnish composer Jean Sibelius, a master in the genre of "tone poems," which have become somewhat of a lost art these days. I'd like to try and bring them back with some MLP-related pieces. With the amazing depth the show and its characters have, I feel like the possibilities could be endless. I've already tried to incorporate elements of music in my longer work "Notturno," and both my OCs to date, Capriccio and Pizzicato, have some form of musical ability as their special talent.

So there you have it, a little about me and where I come from. I look forward to sharing more writing in the future if I can ever get myself to do it, and I would definitely like to share my compositions in the future should they ever be completed. Any ideas for stuff for me to write, fiction or music, would be wonderful; I need to keep the creative juices flowing, and inspiration is always a good thing. Anyways, thanks for reading.

Sup broskis, I'm Ginger. I'm a bit of a disgruntled college student trying to figure out what to do with my life. Writing helps calm me down after a hard day, so when I heard about FiMfiction I couldn't resist. It's been years since I've written fanfiction. I remember the last piece I ever did was a shitty crossover between "The Omen" and "Kingdom Hearts" when I was twelve. That being said, fanfiction had always been kind of dangerous territory for me. I've always have negative associations from it what with all the crap that you have to fish through to get to the good stuff.

But so far, I've only seen consistently good work on this site. Sure, there's some pretty terrible stuff that goes through, but the level of workmanship that goes into some of these pieces on this site is fantastic. So I thought, "What the heck?" and decided to join.

As for how I discovered ponies themselves, it was actually around October or so this year that I really started getting into the show via a good friend of mine. We both love cartoons, and for us MLP was like a godsend amidst all terrible stuff that had sprouted from children's programming.

As for myself in general, I'm 19. I live in the itty bitty crab state of Maryland. I go to a very tiny college that I know nobody has ever heard of, and I have no major.

...I'm not very interesting guiz :moustache:

Seems like it's my turn.
Well, my name is Andrei, but everyone calls me Andy.
I'm one of the many (yeah... sure... :rainbowlaugh:) romanian bronies. I'm kinda young (compared to everypony else...). I turn 15 on the 22nd of april. :yay:
And how can I describe myself?
Well, I'm a begginer writer and english is my secondary language. I like writing dark fics because... when I write it's like I can escape from this world and enter my own world.
I'm kinda the opposite of what you might think. I'm well, an epic combination between Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash. Everyone knows I'm very random :pinkiehappy:.
I'm pretty tall... 1,8 meters... 5.91 feet.
And well... I'd be glad to have some more readers because my fic is getting better with every chaper.
And... this is me short. I'm tall but this is a short description. You get it. :twilightsmile:

Hi everyone!

Hoopy McGee here, call me Hoopy. I'm on the old side of the demographic, being 41 at the moment, but that number seems to change annually for some reason. I've been writing short stories and the like for years, but until I found FIMFiction, I never really had a chance to get a lot in the way of feedback.

My first pony story, Interview With a Princess, was written for two reasons:
First: I was tired of seeing Trollestia/molestia/tyrant Celestia stories and comics. I felt that Celestia, as a character, was immensely wise, very strong, and had an incredible gentleness and sadness to her, as the average life of a pony must flash by so quickly to her. I felt she needed some positive attention.
Second: Wish fulfillment, of course. I don't apologize for that :pinkiehappy: Oh, and it let me explain a lot of my theories on ponies in the context of a story.

My current fic, Project: Sunflower, is by FAR the longest thing I've ever written. And, compared to many, it's not even all that long :rainbowhuh: I feel like I'm learning a lot, though, about pacing and character development. There are already things I wish I could go back and change, but the pace I've set for myself (a chapter a week) is rough enough at the moment. I'll go back and do a full re-write once I have everything down.

I discovered ponies the way many do: All the random stuff posted online made me curious enough to check it out. Then, I watched a couple episodes. Followed by a few more. Then I was hooked :twilightsmile:

Anyway, nice to meet you all!

Hi, the name's Darkbladex96, but DB is fine and i often go by Total Eclipse on other sites.

I just got into MLP about 2 months ago and i've loved every moment of it.

Im naturally a creative soul, but writing isnt my strong point and drawing while i have the potential to be great its just not my passion.

Currently struggling with my own piece of work with the help of another fellow FiMfiction brony, Trying to tell a semi unique tale with alot of characters being used "differently".

Despite what everyone else is doing, I think i'll just keep my introduction short and sweet. The name's Golden Hoof; 17 y/o average writer that's been around since late last year (whether you've noticed me or not). Since I joined, i've been working on two stories that garner a little bit of a cult following.

I prefer darker, serious stories over the happy-go-lucky and silly stuff; ABSOLUTELY no clopfiction though. :pinkiesick: While my stories have gone rather unnoticed, I'm always doing my best to improve them for those who decide to stay behind and check them out.

I'm a good guy once you get to know me, and I'm always open to helpful criticism. I also proofread a bit, though I can be a little critical at times

Anyway, that's about all I can think of at the moment. Nice to meet you all, and I look forward to working with you in the future. :twilightsmile:

~Golden Hoof

Warpony
Preference: Badass.~~~:rainbowdetermined2:
Well now that i'm done being all... what ever. Sup. I started writing not that long now. Not that much to say, nice to meet you guy? Yeah, lets go with that!
Any way, hope to read your fic's. Peace out. ( The irony )

Hey everypony!

I'm Birdco. a 35 year old Naval officer probably known more for my comics than my fiction. I prefer adventure and angst in my stories, and humor in my comics.

I'm not much of a writer, but I'm a pretty good story teller. I've been getting a lot of help from my fans on DA, and have learned a lot about writing fiction.

The Ties that Bind is my story. I like airships, and ponies with big hammers.

That is all.

Ha Ha! Sgt. Swirls reporting for duty!

I'm not exactly a 'good' writer, but I try. I do have one blessing, or curse depending on how you look at things, and that is the fact that I can't write fast enough to get these blasted stories out of my head. Although I do find my stories to be lacking...uh, detail, it's how I prefer them. Better for the imagination to create the setting and what the characters look like I think.

Never been one to make super long...pieces of writing? Don't quite know what to call it.

That's it, no more. Yep.

I lied, I'm also a major RP guy.

I used to cringe at the mention of this, but my brother got me interested in the show. I soon finished the series, disappointed that it was over. My brother got me interested in the fanfics, and I was fully enveloped in the wonderful world Equestria. Thank you, Greyson, for opening my eyes and ears to this wonderful thing. :derpytongue2:

My name is vren55, IB Diploma student (for those who don't know, advanced program for people who want to abuse themselves mentally and physicaly), unemployed and about to graduate. As part of the program’s English course, I have experience reading SOME literature. I was introduced to the pony world by a fellow diploma student and got hooked on it ever since. I really admire the characters of MLP, their traits and flaws. I also like the animation and lessons behind each episode. I am not a brilliant writer though I have always loved reading and had been writing for some time (mostly as a vent for feelings and ideas, which flow frequently into my head), but always as a hobby, never for contests. Only a few of my fics have ever been read by friends+family.

My preferences for mlp fanfiction...I refuse to read shipping unless it is Rarispike partly because I am a stickler for canon and IMO shipping any other two characters other than those two, will not make canonical sense! That goes to say I like TheOnly’s fic, How Every Shipfic Would Actually Happen. I like Romance, hell my fic will have romance sooner on. It’s just that shipping doesn’t appeal to me. I generally prefer not to read human-in-Equestria or ponies-on-Earth (aside from the fics Rorschach in Equestria and My Little Dashie). My favorite fics (no order in particular) are Paradise, Night Guards, Past Sins, Better Living through Science and Ponies and My Little Alicorn. I also like well done changeling fics eg. Smoke and Mirrors and A Changeling to Remember.

I'd appreciate any advice for my first published MLP fanfic Canterlot: Her Creation and Her Architects. I wanted to do something quite grand and the idea of creating a backstory to Canterlot's creation and the stories behind her architects hit me like a train and I, the rather unlucky fish, swallowed hook line and sinker. However, writing it is proving to be a great challenge because I have 6-7 original main characters that are VERY complicated and I question whether I should continue it often, due to early dislike-like ratio. Still, I will press on and hope it somehow gets more attention.

Yours sincerely,
vren55

If I must I must :D

I'm 25 years and my name is Night Surfer or at least on here lol, I love writing and I have been writing for years but I never really got that interested in writing until MLP now I write as often as I can and my three favorite stories that I am writing right now is about my OC Night Surfer and my other OC who is a young colt who has been abandoned by his parents in the Evergreen Forest, my other is a story about Daring Do.

I'm not sure what else to write but I'll add later ^^ :rainbowlaugh:

Wait I actually gotta right stuff (yes now if your not gonna do it) go away voice your not helping (fine but I'll be watching and you will write)

anywho 13 possibly insane. possible multipersonalitydisorder not sure. Specialize in oc making. I am a possible bringer of ragnarock because I don''t even have to move and destruction will spontaneuosly happen (think derpy whooves but I never touched the item). Umm lets see hate having freinds so i'm a loner and I can only get along with people on the internet (possibly because its easier because i'm around people who could ounderstand). I loop my music while I read fics and such. Justin Beiber stole my hairstyle (not lying my hair grows like this and wa like this before he was famous never style it) not sure where to go from there so I'll leave as is.

Okay, I guess I'm a little late, but screw it.

Hey guys, my names Storm (Quite literally) and I am a brit who lives in Hawaii. I've been writing stories since about 4 (No, not a child prodigy. I would tell my brother what to write, and he'd get his typewriter, and start to tap out books, so when a page was finished, I could read it when I got older.) I moved to Hawaii when I was 5, became the all around white kid (Even though my heratige is German/Japanese) who could beat up everyone else. I found that writing was a way to get out of this terrible reality.

Flash forward.

14 years old, watching Hub with my little brother, when My Little Pony comes on. Too tired to change the channel, I was one of the first Bronys to be converted. Within minutes of watching the show, I was in love. Anywho, I found the sight after reading My Little Dashie, and have posted some of my Fanfics here. First one was a terrible disaster, but with time, I grew to be a extreme Literary lecturer. Even in my college class, which I'm invited to, I do lectures on characters, themes, and Genres. I'm well known in the literary schools in the Kapolei/Ewa area in hawaii, and I'm aspiring to be a Journalist.

While I usually stay as myself, My alter ego would be my favorite character to write as to date, Indigo Spark. She reminds myself of a Mix of Isaac Clark (Dead Space Series) and Noble Six. Mostly a Intelligent, Powerful, yet Sociopathic individual. I act like her a whole lot, and that has gotten me diagnosed with Bipolar syndrom on many occasions.

Well, nice getting to know ya, Storm out.

Um... I'm kinda new to this whole group thing.
I joined the group yesterday and I just noticed this thread today so uh...

Hi everyone. M'name's Joseph in real life, and Jagold in the internet, or DJG.
I'm 21 years old. :)
I'm a PKMN fan, and a MLP:FiM fan.
I became addicted to MLP:FiM after my youngest brother forced me to watch the first episode of season one.
At first, I thought of how childish it was, but what the hay. I just told myself to watch just one episode.
(yes, kinda related to a meme, I know... "Just One Episode, I said"...)

It was kinda childish, but I liked the story and the characters. So I tried to watch the next episode, and before I knew it, I already finished watching all episodes of season 1. xD

Anyway, I joined here a few months after I got addicted to the show.
And I am currently writing a fanfic, hence why I'm here. xD

So yeah. Hello everyone~ ;)

Well I'm 15 years-old and I like writing stupid fan-fiction just for fun.
I wasn't really a brony before all of this, I was first an anti-brony, but I wanted to hate bronies for a reason and not just to sound like some stupid 12 year-old. So I watched My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic, and thought I found the show quite disturbing, I liked it. And eventually became a brony. :twilightsmile:

But then I became hunted by this dreams(or nightmares) of MLP:FIM and my imagination literally went out of control. I was a better world of MLP:FIM one that was actually interesting. I had no other option than to record this dreams I was hunted with and then I discovered fan-fiction. And now these dreams are known as the things I MUST write, because if I don't I might regret it. :pinkiesmile: I love it here anyhow,I first wrote my first story but though it was kinda noobish,lots of people liked it, and so I continued with the Dark Shadow series and I will till my imagination dies(which will never happen). Brony 4 LIFE! :heart:

I'm also know by this name on Youtube and Twitter.

I'm a little late to the party, but let's have a go at this. Shall we?

I got into fanfiction about the same time I got into ponies. And I am not kidding when I say 'My friend drugged me then led me down to my basement and used my netflix account to make me watch a show about ponies pegasi and unicorns.' He seriously gave me one of his ADHD relief pills telling me it was tylenol for my headache.

ANYWAYS, I instantly loved the show even while partially sedated.

I only have one story out at the moment, and yes it is a romance, but that is only because I lack the skill as a writer to make any other type of story interesting.

Random details:
Favorite ship is Flutterdash
Fluttershy is best pony (for me)
I am a freshman in highschool
I'm typing this while fighting sleep medication.
I LOVE Doctor who
Brownies are my favorite snack
I weigh 175lbs
I am 6 feet tall on the dot
I invented Sarthusiasm (my generic sarcastic enthusiasm)
And I am fun to be around

This is Fox signing out

So, it's now my turn.:trixieshiftright: names Hunter. feel free to call me distorted. I've always loved writing. i started with poetry, but, as i grew older, I turned toward prose. my first published work was a poem entitled "The Grudge" it was published in my high school's literary newspaper. i somewhat stopped writing after that. Then i became a brony in February. near the beginning of july i started my oc story, The Thunder Twist Chronicle, my personal favorite of the three i have out now. My second fic was My Little Yugi: Pinkie is Magic. if you didnt catch it from the title, it's a Yugioh MLP crossover starring Pinkie Pie. My third story is The Hero's Children, a sequel to The Thunder Twist Chronicle. it is written in 3rd person (unlike is prequel) from three different POV's: both of Thunder Twists children and Luna. Luna is why i dont post is on this group like TTC is. anyway i love writing and i hope yall will try my fics out

Just call me Snow. Sorry, but I don't feel comfy giving my actual name.

Anyway, in terms of writing fanfiction, I have a few stories -oneshots, mainly- under my belt under the penname "VulpineSnow" on the site fanfiction.net. Most of them... blech. I made a Sonic the Hedgehog oneshot that came out bland, and my only successful stories on that site were a crossover of Bleach and Naruto and a series of Familiar of Zero oneshots, one I'm proud to say had Nightmare Moon conquer THAT world and bring eternal night to the land of stuck-up, magic-wielding nobles whom lorded over the non-magic-wielding commoners.

Usually, I'm not a fan of OCs in stories, having written two oneshots in the past with an OC and deleting one of them. Why now, though? Because I finally found a group about doing it RIGHT, this one, instead of, no offense, shoving the OC and him or her being friends with the Mane Six down our throats.

That said, I have a pair of OCs for pony fan fiction whom were made to work off each other in a couple of RPs... but I forgot to take interaction with other characters into account. I'm considering writing a story around them, but they just... are so relatively bland... I... I'll give more detail later, if anyone wishes.

Hey, guys. (And gals?)
I'm Persianjuliet. I'm a GIRL, freshman in college, writing's been my single greatest passion ever since I could curl my little fingers 'round a pencil. I'm a stickler for grammar and a voracious reader, and I got into ponies thanks to my cousin about 6 months ago. However, I didn't really know anything about the fandom until I went to Everfree NW (Also my first con of any kind). I love you guys, and as a writer, I thought this site would be a great way to practice writing, get some genuine feedback, yadda yadda yadda. I've got 3 stories so far- a sad one-shot with Zecora, a one-shot Sparity poem, and a work-in progress historical epic called Fall of The Alicorns. It's all OCs until 3/4 of the way in, which is when we meet the baby Princesses.

So that's me, everypony. Hugs and kisses!:raritywink:

My name is 6EQUJ5, I really don't write very often, not nearly as much as I draw. :derpytongue2: But who the h*ll doesn't like writing or reading every now and then?

Hmmm... Guess I'll throw my hat into the ring here.

My name is Cameron Walker, my user name is Sage Quill purely for the reason that it is the name of the main character of my first fic (still in progress). I'm a SPC in the United States Army and I don't have any experience in writing except mabey a wierd habit of self-narration that comes and goes. My primary habit is drawing and since I discovered MLP, that habit has become drawing ponies.

Anyway I think the Upheaval series is my favirote fic as it was my first and what made me aware that MLP fics had some outstanding stories to read. This may be because the world MLP is set in. A world of magic and mythic creatures is a rich setting for any fantasy. That's all I got, cheers!:moustache:

Hello all,

My name is KC. I'm a 30 year old Bioinformaticist that writes pony fiction :moustache:

I got hooked a year ago and made a fun, cynical, older OC who enjoys telling fillies and colts to get off his lawn. At the same time, I finished my Masters, which kinda took me out of the fiction writing for a while. I have time again, so I look forward to exploring his life again :)

Well, here goes nothing

My name is Tyler and I've never been one for writing but since I started editing my friend's stories due to their incredible need for it, I decided to write my own stuff for the laughs, I came across sites like Fanfiction.net and wrote a couple stories for them and got bored of it.

So then I started to become one with the internet memes and sure enough Bronies came up one day while I was checking KyM and checked out the whole Brony thing. One thing led to another and I started watching the show myself. Started going to /mlp/, EqD, a couple different sites. You could say I was a brony whether I knew it or not.

As my knowledge about the fandom grew so did my interest of contributing to it. So I started writing the only story I've got up and since then I've met some other bronies who do different things such as write, draw, even create music.

This is an awesome community and I'm glad to have joined it.

WELCOME TO THE THUNDERDOME!

Hello my name is Connor, I'm sort of new to the whole writing game, I love to do it but finding people to read my stories is a bit of a challenge.

This is a co owned account as is my deviantart, I write the stories and post them and my good friend Seth who is my spell checker/vector artist puts it into groups and helps me try and get views.

My hobbies consist of writing, reading, cooking, video games and of course watching mlp, Seth's hobbies are digital art, design, football, baseball, basketball, golf, video games, mackin on the ladies, and of course watching mlp.

I'm glad someone made a thread like this it's always nice to meet new people and introduce yourself, If you want me to read you stories just ask and I will check them out because I have a lot of time on my hands. And If you want swing by here and check out some of the work Drake does for my fan fic. http://drakethepony.deviantart.com/#/d5fxb7d

Your OC sounds like a ton of fun to write!:twilightsmile: "Hey! Stop sticking firecrackers in my mailbox, you ruffians!"

Hey!

My name is James. I just started writing about a month ago, and I've been writing my first story rather slowly. I would love for anybody to read my stories and help me make them better as I put them up.

I've been RPing for several years now, so I am pretty experienced at that. I also have some experience in plot design for stories (I often help my best friend fill in holes in the plots for his stories) which might be because I have an overactive imagination.

I like to read (when I have the attention span), play video games, and writing. I love to help people with things, whether they are personal or otherwise, I will always lend an ear and some kind and helpful words.

I hope to hear more from you guys, whether it is commenting on my fic or in need of help.

Uh... Hi there, I guess.

My username is Surpriseandinky, but you can call me Inky. I've been writing fanfiction for a very long time and I have over 31 stories on fanfiction but I just started writing pony fics about a couple months ago.

I really like to RP, but some of my other hobbies consume of video games, TF2, writing, reading, and homework. I also love to play soccer!

I always love to help people with personal problems, so if you ever need a secret keeper or a go to person, I'm here!

Most of my stories will probably consist of the Original designs for the mane six (Surprise, Firefly, Sparkler, and Posey) and I only have one story right now, but I'll probably be writing more in the future.

So uh... how did I find out about the show? Well I used to be sucidial a couple years ago and I was cutting my wrist while watching TV and I changed the channel until it landed on the hub. I watched Pinkie Pie do the "Welcome Song" and I started smiling, I hadn't smiled for months. Since then I have cut myself and I watch My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic everyday. And as you can probably tell my favorite pony is Pinkie Pie! :pinkiehappy::pinkiecrazy: sooo yup!
And just for the record, I'm a girl.

That's me! I hope to see you guys around! :moustache::pinkiesmile::rainbowlaugh::coolphoto::derpytongue2:
-Surpriseandinky

I guess I will make a quick summary of myself. It's good to get to know the community a bit better.

I probably got into ponies sometime in the middle of season 2. I found it odd at first the people were enjoying it so I had a look for myself. I ended up watching it all and became more openly about being a brony once I saw the great fanbase it had along with the things it offered. I never really cared for fanfiction before although I did try an attempt at writing long ago when I was bored and in middle school. During my recent anime convention which I got to ever year there were some interesting panels. Panels like "photoshop cheats for overworked artists", "Character Design", and "Creating a realist character"(all three which were hosted by an online webcomic group I liked) had really inspired my creativity. Once I got home I had more creativity then I could handle and tried to think of which area I wanted to use it on. I remembered pony fanfiction was a bit popular and thought writing would be a good start. I ended up writing up a storm which turned into more then I could imagine. My creativity spiraled as I constantly was thinking up of the world and backstories my characters. Although recently I have been busy with college I have been making time for my story when I have it. I plan to do revisions after the entire story is done but recently I have been thinking about how the beginning could use some drastic revision. Overall I have been enjoying writing my story and only wish I had more time to put into it. I hope any of you who reads it will enjoy it as much as I do.

TimeMaster:Um... ok.., Tuxedo can you talk for me please?

Tuxedo: This man, TimeMaster, is an amateur writer. He is a shy person, not revealing his age, but he does tell us that his birth day is Oct. 25th. He has written 2 stories, one being just a practice, while the other is the true story. His favorite pony is Lyra Heartstrings (he even has a bunny named after her!) and his favorite non-pony is Discord. Now if you excuse me I must go cleanse myself.

TimeMaster:Bye Tuxedo! Well, I um, like to write in my spare time :twilightblush:. uhhh..... that's all.

Tuxedo: He also has anger problems!

TimeMaster: YOU BUCKING TUXEDO! I AM GONNA...... :pinkiecrazy:

Tuxedo: I gotta go bye! :trollestia:

Hello my name is spytim and I am an amatuer fan fic writer I currently have one story. Favorite pony is Pinkie pie, and favorite villain is Discord. :pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy:

Swing, batta batta swing! Lance is here, tremble before my approach, for any fanfiction that suffers my gaze, shall forever be on hiatus. Run for your lives, for one touch shall seal your doom.
Here I come lads, protect thine eyes or suffer scorched retinas.

*Ahem*

Now then, where do I begin?
Hmm.... Well, let's start on how I first got into the fandom.
To be completely honest, I don't actually recall the first few months of entering the fandom itself. It was mostly a gradual process. Heard about the show, saw it on Youtube, then decided to check it out. I did so with no hesitation, since I still play with Pokemon games, so by that logic, there wasn't anything harmful in engaging in lurking. I think this started up around May or March of 2011, back when the fandom was beginning to pick up steam. Luna wasn't even using the ROYAL CANTERLOT VOICE THAT WE MUST USE TO ASSERT THINE PRESENCE! *Ahem* Sorry about that.

Allegrezza was brand new then, the Silent Ponyville series had just made it's debut there, and that Firewall from that "To be a Pony" fic was just picking up steam. Naturally, I became a fan. Didn't really affect me that much in regular life though. Things are going on as usual, with another fandom under my belt.

*Gotta go, bell is gonna ring. Will be back.*

Finally decided to join this group, though the majority of my stories will probably be left out of this group for reasons explained below.

I got into the fandom proper on October 18th, 2011, when one of my best friends sent me the first episode. I got into writing fanfiction after reading Past Sins, and my first story was originally set to be a spinoff of that authorverse. However, I then discovered TCB and have been predominantly writing them ever since. Although most of my TCB stories would qualify for this group, feel it would be better if I left em out, since it is a highly polarizing genre, and don't feel like causing conflict.

Overall, I just love writing OCs, because then I have total freedom to make anything and anypony I want, from the noblest to the most nightmarish, with no canon to chain me back :rainbowlaugh: plus, I love epic world-building :pinkiehappy:

Umm... that's weird. I thought I posted a hello in here but I don't see it... well that's sad :fluttercry:

Guess I'll sum it up then. Hi! I'm ManlyDerp (or Derply for short) and I have a 176K OC story titled A Cog in the Machine that I'll be posting up here at a later date. I'm looking forward to reading some OC fics in order to learn more about character development!

...There! Summed up nicely :pinkiehappy:

SUP :ajsmug:

Im puzzled cheeze and ima noob

I am currently trying to write an series about an OC
i made up and i currently have nothing written down cuzz im a lazy douchebag. :fluttershysad:

God i gotta start eventually

Hey, My name is Bookieman. Most people call me Bookie though. Its a nick name thats been with me for a while. Im amateur writer. Honestly my fic is probably one of the first times ive ever seriously written. I know its not perfect but I do strive to become better. ^^

Im SilverTongue123. I love any fic that doesn't make me wanna tear up and die at the end *cough My Little Dashie*. Fairly new writer but love the show enough to be here!

Howdy, I'm Didily Winkles. I've been writing for a couple years now but Cracking Dawn has been the first story I've actually posted anywhere or for that matter the first ponyfic I've ever written. I typically just write to relax. For me it's better than reading just because I get to immerse myself into a world I've created. I have only dealt with OC's, in fact I found it rather hard to incorporate the already established personalities into my story. I'm more than approachable if you want my advice on OC's or anything really... Except grammer. English is a silly language. I intend to post my other OC ponyfics later down the road, so do keep an eye out for me. :pinkiecrazy:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 113