• Published 23rd Mar 2013
  • 230 Views, 6 Comments

Vinyl and Octavia in a whole other way - roker12



One day, when Vinyl was at a club and doing her thing as DJ P0N-3, she saw a beautiful mare named Octavia, she knew the second she saw her that she loved her, but would Octavia accept her for what she really is?

  • ...
15
 6
 230

Meetup

At precisely ten thirty, Octavia had arrived at the predetermined meeting location, just outside of the bar where she had first met the energetic mare known as Vinyl Scratch, her first friend in this new place she called home. Of course, she hoped they were friends, as the minutes continued to roll and she began to wonder if she’d put her trust in the wrong mare…

Elsewhere, a panicked Vinyl rushed around her house, screeching internally…and externally, “stupid bucking alarm clock, I’m going to rip you in half if Octavia isn’t still there!” She kicked the offending digital clock to the wall before sitting her rump down and rubbing her temples, “there’s still time… you can make it… calm yourself Vinyl.” She said, before finally getting some focus back, looking up and noticing her horn, as if it were a shining beacon, “buck you, me.” She said, before finally teleporting to the spot, causing the gray earth pony to jump in alarm.

“Celestia’s teats!” Octavia shouted as she was startled by the sudden mare appearing before her, putting a hoof to her chest, noticing how barely-put-together mare in front of her looked, her mane disheveled and shades forgotten at home, leaving the mare’s eyes on full display to her, and what a sight they were.

“I’m sorry Octavia, I accidentally set my alarm clock to ten thirty instead of nine thirty, ugh I’m such a… Celestia’s what now?” She began to apologize, only to crack a grin at the gray mare’s odd choice of swear words. Although, where she expected to find a startled or embarrassed mare, she merely saw Octavia’s jaw hanging limp, eyes glued to her face, “might want to close that up, you’ll catch a fly.” She said, wondering just what she was looking at, “do I have something on my…” She trailed off, quickly realized the problem as she raised her hoof to her face.

“Your eyes…” She started, her own royal purple eyes staring back at Vinyl, her left eye was a piercing magenta…while her right was a deep crimson red, a very rare eye color along with an extremely rare trait.

“I-I should get my glasses, let me...” She began, her horn flaring to teleport herself back home. Of all the things to forget, the one thing that hid her deformation, the terrible secret… of her heterochromia. Of course, before she could finish the spell, the gray mare shook her head and put a hoof on her shoulder.

“N-No! I think you look rather lovely without your glasses… very unique.” She said, offering the snow white mare a smile that was slowly returned, as the aura surrounding her horn slowly dissipated.

“You really think so?” She whispered to the mare, letting her head hang a little so her hair covered over her eyes slightly. She’d always been afraid of what people would think, especially with how it affected her growing up, being the little freak with the deformity.

“I know so, they’re spectacular.” Octavia spoke with a confidence that was quick to spread to the alabaster mare, said mare smiling and finally lifting her head back up. “Now you offered to show me around, and I expect a tour fit for a princess.”

“But of course, my lovely maiden! Please, right this way.” Vinyl spoke with an exaggerated accent, before gesturing for Octavia to follow her, leading the gray mare to do so with a smile and roll of her eyes. Vinyl took her time, pointing out the main landmarks and directions of Ponyville, with Sweet Apple Acres being to the south of town and the library to the north, with parks, restaurants and shops scattered around as well.

It wasn’t long before the pair were walking through one of the parks in town, when Vinyl’s belly let out a very audible growl, eliciting a soft blush from the mare, “welp, guess I’m getting hungry. What about you, Octavia?” She asked, a hoof rubbing the back of her neck as she tried to bring down her blush of embarrassment as fast as physically possible.

Octavia knowingly giggled, a hoof moving to cover her mouth as she did, yet still nodded her head in agreement, “I’m growing hungry for some lunch as well. Shall we make our way back to one of the restaurants you shared with me earlier?” She said, already picking out a few from her memory that looked interesting to her.

Vinyl merely smirked as she shook her head, “nah, I’ve got just the spot, I’m sure you’ll enjoy it.” She said excitedly, nodding once more to follow her anew, while Octavia could merely groan as the speculations of the destination began flooding her mind. However, she’d quickly become pleasantly surprised upon arriving at a cozy diner named The Sunflower not too far from where they were.

Vinyl walked in and was greeted by an enthusiastic cream-colored mare, “hey Vinyl! Are you finally going to get back at Lyra for the gum prank?” She said, a knowing smirk crossing her face while Vinyl rolled her eyes and shook her head in response.

“Table for two, Bonbon. And put us somewhere quiet.” She said, smiling as the mare nodded and began leading them towards the back of the diner. Soon enough they arrived at a table with very comfy booths, to which Vinyl nodded for Octavia to sit down, “you wait here, I’ll be right back.” She said, before grabbing Bonbon and walking off.

Octavia raised an eyebrow as she watched the pair disappear around a corner in the back, confused at the sudden need for secrecy, however she merely sat back in the booth and closed her eyes, attempting to put it out of her mind. Soon enough, Vinyl re-emerged from the deep diner backrooms and took her seat across from the gray mare, “sorry about that, had to make sure they had some things.” She said, giggling softly.

“Had some things?” Octavia inquired, tilting her head.

“Yeah, one time I ordered their matzah ball soup and they were,” she raised her hooves and bent them sarcastically, “out of matzah. They were lying to me as I found out later and I have vowed to never allow it again.” She raised her head triumphantly and winked a moment later.

Octavia let out a giggle in response to Vinyl’s behavior, “I take it you enjoy their soup then?” She said, a smirk crossing her face now.

“That I would recommend every time, and I’m not even pownish.” She said, giggling happily, only to blush and look aside from her lapse in attempting to look cool for the gray mare. Of course, Octavia merely brushed it off and blew a raspberry in return.

Bonbon returned and took their orders soon enough, two orders of the soup and some daffodil salad to share between them. As soon as lunch came out the pair of ponies dove into their meals, Octavia quickly discovering the wonders of the soup and how correct Vinyl was in her praises.

Soon enough the bill came and Vinyl moved to pay, to which Octavia refused, “I’ll handle this one Vinyl. In return, would you care to help me move into my new house? I’ll need help turning it into a home.” She said, smiling.

Vinyl nodded and returned her bits to her mane, “that seems like a fair trade, and of course I’ll help you.”

The ever relaxed Octavia just smiled at the mare’s antics as they paid the bill, waving goodbye to their new mutual friend Bonbon and made their way to Octavia’s new home, happily situated near the southern-central part of town, not too far from most of the bars and marketplace, so actually rather close to Vinyl’s home. Octavia opened the door for Vinyl and showed her inside, many of Octavia’s belongings still wrapped up in boxes and suitcases from her journey from Manehatten.

“Woah, it’s so clean…” Vinyl said, to which Octavia could only speculate now on the state of the dj’s home, “alright. Let’s get to it.” Vinyl began unboxing things with her magic, being a great asset to Octavia in getting more done faster. Of course, things came to a screeching halt when Vinyl’s aura wrapped around a large black case laid against the wall, to which Octavia immediately squealed and slapped the unicorn’s horn, canceling her magic and causing her telekinesis to dissipate, “hooves off that one, Vinyl.”

Vinyl rubbed her horn with a grumble as she looked on towards Octavia as she approached the case, “I was curious what was in it..” She said, as Octavia opened the case to reveal a grand wooden cello, to which Vinyl gasped happily.

“I haven’t made the time to practice since I’ve arrived in Ponyville, but-” Octavia began, only to be quickly cut off by the energetic mare.

“Can you play it now?” Vinyl said, taking a seat and looking up to the mare expectantly.

Octavia smirked and rolled her eyes as she grabbed her bow, unable to hold back a giggle, “are you sure you’d like it? I don’t think classical is the same as electronic, Vinyl.” She said, only to get a hoof-wave and a scoff in return.

“I’m a musician Tavi, not a cavemare, I’ve studied plenty and I can respect what came before our digital era. I’d love to hear it.” She said, winking before taking a seat on the recently unpacked couch.

Octavia was pleasantly surprised once again, quickly assuming the standing position of an earth pony cellist, as she began to play.

Octavia closed her eyes as she lost herself in her music, almost instantly finding her groove as her bow slid across her strings of the cello, the graceful deep tones of her cello filling the home and permeating the surroundings in glorious music. Upon peeking her eyes open while she played she found Vinyl had mimicked herself, her eyes closed as she slowly swayed with the music, perfectly in time to the song. It appeared Vinyl had not been lying, recognition in her slow swaying movements as Octavia let her eyes fall closed once more as she finished the movement.

Vinyl and Octavia both opened their eyes as one, a smile crossing their faces as Vinyl opened her mouth to speak, only for a shine to sparkle in her eyes as she suddenly stood, “I need to try something. I’ll be back later, promise!” She shouted with a new excitement to her voice, as her horn flared and she suddenly teleported from the home, leaving a shocked Octavia in her wake.

Comments ( 3 )

Heterochromia?

I would have thought she was a Vampire or something...

Then again, that is the common fan AU.

EDIT: spoiler censored, because I'm a dingus.

11235825
That mood when Heterochromia is the spoiler and not the whole vampire thing. Mlp be like

but yeah that's just a little headcannon I have as a fun "why not" / "middle ground" when it comes to people debating her eye color.

Login or register to comment