• Published 17th Mar 2013
  • 1,580 Views, 26 Comments

A Man of The Metro - The Gunny



Artyom finds himself in a pristine land free of the mutation and death in Moscow, will he find the secret to returning life to his home or simply stay.

  • ...
6
 26
 1,580

Retrieving Harmony

The rain stopped after a few hours, the mountain was still far in the distance but it was getting closer. Lyra was tired and I carried her sleeping in my arms while Octavia walked next to me, a noise caught our attention. A loud shriek filled the air as a chicken-snake abomination appeared. I set Lyra on on the ground and leveled my rifle at the creatures head, my legs started to tingle but I ignored it and fired a burst into the creature. It fell writhing in agony, the tingling in My legs stopped and I walked over to the creature putting the barrel of the rifle to its head and pulling the trigger. Octavia looked at me stunned as did lyra, my face hidden by my mask was sad and they could tell. I just put my rifle on my back and walked on like nothing had happened, Octavia rushed over and gave me the guitar she was carrying.

“Music is good for you, just play a bit. For Me?” She said, I smiled and took it from her. I began to play a sad song and I heard her sob a bit, to lighten up the mood I played Kalinka. That helped them smile a bit which in turn made me smile. Celestia had began to lower the sun so we stopped for the night. I made a small fire and sat with my two companions.

“Tell me what your world is like.” Octavia said, I removed my helmet and sighed

“Its a dark place, I live in the metro. Its a series of tunnels that saved thousands during the war, its dark, cramped, cold and cruel. I would rather live here than there for obvious reasons.” Octavia looked upset but nodded for me to continue “I am one of the few that has seen the surface, it is cold, snowy and highly radioactive. You need a gas mask just to stand there for a minute, the creatures there are horrendous.” By this time Lyra was sitting on her haunches and paying close attention.

“What about magic?” Lyra asked, I just shook my head

“When the bombs fell, they took heave and hell with them. The only Magic there is is the ghosts of cursed station.” I said sadly, from my pocket I pulled a postcard with the American Red Wood Forrest on it. “This is what the surface used to look like.” I said handing it to the two ponies, looking at it made my eyes water a bit. “When we are done, hopefully I can go home and make the world like that again.”

“A noble cause Artyom.” Octavia said smiling to help my spirits, I nodded and then wrapped her in a big hug. The first hug I had ever felt and it was with Octavia, I liked that. I finished describing the world I lived in and soon was asleep.

The next morning I awoke to the bright sun on my face, I rose to a sitting position to see Octavia and Lyra curled up into cute little balls of fur. The fire was still going but only just. I added more wood and sat waiting for the little Ponies to stir from their slumber and making a crude soup, It occurred to me then that maybe the Dark ones were going to relieve me of my duties. I had already done so much for them and to be honest I would be happy to stay here.

“Morning Octavia.” I said as Tavi woke up, she yawned and then trotted over to me. Plopping her rump down next to me she smiled “I’m making some breakfast if you are hungry.” I said stirring the soup, she smiled at me

“I would love some.” She said in her fancy voice, If I didn’t know better I’d say I was falling in love with that voice. I spooned her some soup and she lapped it up hungrilly “What is in this?” She asked when she finished

“Just some rations I had on me, potato mostly.” I said proudly, she smiled and ate some more. Lyra woke soon after and I kicked the fire out, we walked for hours and I passed the time by playing the guitar. Finally we came to our destination, Lyra used her magic to Teleport us up to the cave.

“We’re right behind you on this Artyom.” Lyra said, I shook my head

“No, I will not let you be caught in the crossfire. Wait here.” I said before unholstering my magnum and walking into the cave. It was dark and dank, my nostrils flared at the scent of dirt and death. It was eerily like the metro, I switched my Night Vision on and saw that there were at least a dozen diamond dogs staring at me from up ahead.

I raised my magnum and switched on the flash light. They cringed in the bright light just as the others had. I walked forwards while they kept their distance, then I felt something heavy ding off my helmet. Turning on my attacker I saw the dog was shocked to say the least, I pointed the muzzle of my Magnum in its face and pulled the trigger sending a spray of blood and gore onto one of its compatriots.

“Consider this your warning! Return the elements to me, or face certain death.” I said in my most menacing tone. Deep down I knew that this could very well be the end if I wasn’t careful. One of the dogs howled and charged me only to get a hole the size of a american half dollar put right between its eyes. Another came at me then another, and another. All were treated the same, some I had to kick or punch away from me while others simply lost limbs to the power of a 44. magnum.

I battled my way forwards into the main chamber of the cave, piles of gems and gold were strewn about. I growled as I began to search every single one whilst battling the hordes of diamond dogs charging me and truly testing my armor. Whether it was hours or minutes I have no idea to this day, but I found the Elements strewn through out the cave. Soon the diamond dogs realised the futileness of their attack and began to retreat, I could say safely that I was dfinatley going to need a doctor. My arms were covered in claw and teeth marks, blood ,both mine and the dogs, dripped from me like the water of the Ulga river and the gash on my head was enough to blur my vision.

As I stumbled out of the cave I found Lyra and Octavia, when they saw me they gasped as I limped out of the cave holding the golden necklaces in my blood stained hands. My body was in agony and I barely was able to keep from crying out, all I knew that they could help me. When I got to them I handed the elements to Octavia and collapsed into a heap on the floor.

Author's Note:

Hopefully this is up to par with the rest of the story, please give me feedback. It really does help.

Comments ( 6 )
Comment posted by Tirael deleted May 16th, 2013

Well. Dude, do you have enough guts to write "griffon" in, well, really "griffon", if you know what I mean? :ajsmug:

I think this needs more updates. DEFINATELY needs more chapters. I like both mlp and metro, so this is the perfect combination for me.

Can you do more chapters please

Login or register to comment