• Published 17th Mar 2013
  • 1,581 Views, 26 Comments

A Man of The Metro - The Gunny



Artyom finds himself in a pristine land free of the mutation and death in Moscow, will he find the secret to returning life to his home or simply stay.

  • ...
6
 26
 1,581

Prologue

I sat on the edge of my bed, another vision kept me from sleeping tonight. The dark ones had been sending them since I had decided to save them, I guess this was their idea of calming?

"Artyom! Twilight! Princess! Harmony!" these words rattled around in my head as the vision of a pristine landscape "Artyom! Twilight! Princess! Harmony!" the words echoed. As if the vision couldn't get any stranger the landscape was dominated by four legged creatures, before the war I believe they were called ponies. The vision began to fade when I heard a frantic knocking on my door, I looked up to see one of my comrades.

"Artyom come with me! One of them has shown up!" He said nervously, I hopped to my feet and grabbed my Rifle. Running through the metro was comparable to a Prewar Marathon in my armor, but after what seemed like ages I found myself at the main gate staring at a dark one. Slowly I approached it, it extended its claw.

"Listener" a voice echoed in my head "Follow Vision" I nodded, suddenly it grabbed my hand and a bright light enveloped us

"What do you ask of me?" I said nervously

"Save man, save us." It said in a raspy voice "Follow vision, change world. Make better. For Surface" I felt a tingling around my body, it looked into my eyes "Follow Vision, do good!" It said before I felt a pulse of energy hit me and everything went dark, My ears popped as I felt the air turn from dark and dank to light and sweet. When the lights came back on I felt the wind rushing past my face and I saw I was falling through what looked like trees. When I hit the ground I heard a crack and felt a sharp pain in my hand, staggering to my feet I saw the world around me was identical to my vision though I wasn’t in the same place. The shock almost made me forget the pain in my hand. Almost.

“FFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!” I shouted angrily stomping and jumping up and down. My shouting was interupted by a loud roar from behind me. I turned to see a monstrosity the likes of which I had never seen before, it had a barbed tail that oozed venom. With my good hand I flipped my mask up revealing my face, then I grabbed my Magnum which hung at my waist. The creature charged at me with fury, it moved so fast that I was lucky that I got several rounds off. It crashed to the ground sliding to a halt right at the edge of my feet, I stomped on its head splattering blood all over the ground. As if my day couldn’t have gotten any worse another one showed up, this time I was only able to fire after it had plunged its barbed tail deep into my arm. It slumped to the ground as I felt the pain in my arm burn and sting, quickly I pulled out my medkit and dressed the wound but I felt the blood flowing like the pre war american landmark niagara falls

After dressing the wound as best I could I attempted to move, so instead I lay on the ground waiting for death. Why had the Dark ones sent me here to die after I let them live? Conceding to my fate I stared up and watched the clouds, when I heard voices my eyes widened.

“HELLO! OVER HERE! PLEASE HELP ME!” I shouted

Twilight whipped her head around when she heard the strange noises, she and fluttershy were checking on the massive bright light they had seen earlier. Quickly they followed the noises to their source, a creature in what looked like armor was lying on the ground in a pool of red blood next to two dead mantacors

“W-What is that?” Fluttershy said softly, Twilight looked over at her and shrugged

“Well whatever it is it’s obviously hurt.” Twilight replied as she flapped her new wings, she hovered over the scene and analyzed what had happened. The Creature had dropped several metallic objects.

“GET AWAY FROM ME DEMON! Wait you’re from my vision! You are Princess aren't you! YES I SEE YOUR CROWN! HELP ME!” I shouted as loud as I could, I noticed they were speaking English. I struggled to find the right words. “H-Help me, Please” I stammered out before everything went black.....