• Published 9th Mar 2013
  • 960 Views, 9 Comments

Mayor Fluttershy - The_Swedish_Horror



What would happen if Fluttershy became Ponyville's new mayor?

  • ...
1
 9
 960

10. The jailbreak

Rainbow Dash was lying on the iron bench that was suspended from the wall of the Ponyville Lockup. She hadn't said a single word more than four hours. The pegasus was thinking, and her thoughts were wandering far and wide. Was it a god idea to ambush the prosecutor and try to derail the trial against Spike and Rarity? She did not know. Was it right to do so? She did not know the answer to that question either. But she knew one thing. She did it out of loyalty. Spike and Rarity were her friends and she desperately wanted them to save them from the incompetent judicial system of Ponyville and that was what mattered most to her.
It was now dark outside and the moon cast it's pale light on the walls of her cell. Suddenly she heard a single word that coming from the other side of the prison window. It was a word that filled her with hope. It was "Um..."
Rainbow turned around and saw Fluttershy hovering just outside her cell. She tied a metal chain around the bars and then disappeared. With a sound of creaking metal the bars gave way and then the whole wall crumbled! Rainbow leapt trough the hole and escaped into the night. She was free!
"Follow me!" Fluttershy said, jumping up and down with anticipation. "We have planned your escape! Rarity and Spike are breaking out too! Big Mac and princess Luna are tearing down the wall of their cells and soon you will all be free! Oh, this is so exiting! Twilight has learnt a spell that will make you invisible! Oh, this is so awesome! But now we must hurry!"
"But... but how did you tear down the wall, Fluttershy?" Rainbow asked. "I don't want to call you weak and helpless, but you are not exactly the strongest pony around..."
"Simple!" Fluttershy said with a big smile. "I got so many friends that wanted to help. Twilight, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Sweetie Belle, Scootaloo, Applebloom, Big Mac, Granny Smith, Big Mac, Mrs Cake, Mr Cake, Miss Hooves and princess Luna..."
Suddenly they heard voices.
"Guards! Guards! They're escaping!"
Fluttershy and all her friends fled into the night.

After the guard ponies had investigated the collapsed wall and put up a sign, a pair of shadows emerged from the dark. It was Mare, Turf and Bon Bon that had conspired to plot their revenge. The three ponies had made a pact to overthrow mayor Fluttershy, punish Rainbow Dash and maybe assassinate Spike (Bon Bon didn't really want to assassinate him, she was just a bit upset and although she said that she wanted to assassinate him she knew that she could never do such a thing. She just said it to get to be part of the pact)
"How dare they?! We must act! I bet Fluttershy was somehow involved in this horrendous act of treason," Mare said.
"Yeah, like totally involved. And Rainbow Dash, she is like the new Nightmare Moon," said Turf.
Suddenly the ponies heard a voice coming from out of nowhere!
"Ooooh... I am a ghoooost!" it said.
"A... a.. ghost?"
"Yes a ghooost! I am the ghost of... the ghost pony!"
"Gh... ghost pony?!"
"Yes! An I want to tell you that the prisoners have escaped... to Manehattan!"
"To Manehattan? That's like totally awesome! Thank you, ghost pony!" Turf said and rubbed her hooves. "The train leaves in about one hour, so we can totally call the guards and stuff!"
And they ran off to alert the guard ponies at Ponyville's train station. When they had left, a familiar shape emerged out of thin air. It was Twilight, who had used her invisibility spell to fool them.

Lyra Heartstrings woke up. She had slept trough most of her train ride from Canterlot. The aquamarine unicorn had been forced to spend a whole day cleaning the royal kitchens as a punishment for destroying princess Celestia's cake. Now she could finally get back to Ponyville and the first thing she would do was to tell Bon Bon all about her strange adventure.
"Next stop Ponyville! The train will arrive in about five minutes," the train conductor said.
When the train reached the station Lyra was surprised to see that the whole place was filled with guard ponies. They were everywhere. In the station building, on the platform and along the railway tracks to secure the perimeter. In the middle of this was Bon Bon, Mare and Turf. Lyra waved to them.
"Hello! What's up?"
"Lyra?! You're alive!" yelled Bon Bon and ran to her, crying with happiness. "You're alive!"
She threw herself around the unicorn's neck and gave her a hug. Bon Bon was so happy that she didn't even notice that Mare and Turf quietly sneaked away in the dark.

The next morning Fluttershy woke up in her bed. She rubbed her eyes and reached tor the newspaper that miss Hooves had provide for her. She red:

"EXTRA! LYRA HERATSTRINGS IS ALIVE! All charges dropped against Spike the Dragon. Spike, who together with two ponies escaped from the Ponyville Lockup, is no longer a suspect of criminal activity. The dragon is believed to be in Manehattan along with Rarity the littering Unicorn and the nefarious Rainbow Dash. If encountered they are my no means dangerous, but please tell them to return to Ponyville as soon as possible. The unicorn has been pardoned by the High Court of Canterlot, provided that she never throws litter into the river again. The pegasus Rainbow Dash is still wanted for her actions at the Ponyville Courthouse, but all charges are to be dropped if she agrees to give a public apology to Turf the Prosecutor for her actions against her."

A little further down the front page she could also read:

"Mare, former mayor of Ponyville, was arrested earlier by the local police. She is being questioned about her involvement in the construction of the Ponyville Lockup two years ago. The wall, which last night collapsed due to shoddy engineering, was discovered to contain serious weaknesses. Its bricks were held in place only by paint. The former mayor, who had ordered the construction of the Lockup is believed to have known about the questionable building practices but failed to take any action to prevent them from being made."

Fluttershy smiled.
"You have to read the paper!" she said.
Rainbow, Spike and Rarity emerged from their sleeping bags. They had spent the night hiding at the Town Hall and were by no means on their way to Manehattan.
Suddenly they heard a knock on the door to the bedroom. It opened and in came Lyra.
"I have a letter to princess Luna," she said and placed a small scroll on Fluttershy's bed table. "Princess Celestia told me that I could leave the Canterlot kitchens a day earlier if I brought this letter to her sister. I haven't red it, off course, but she said it was about some test that princess Luna had passed."
"Yay!" said Fluttershy.

THE END

Comments ( 2 )

Well, this entire story is awkward and you have left me utterly confused. :applejackconfused:

But since I'm usually like that, I guess that's normal. :derpytongue2:

(Dont mind this part. I just wanted to test out writting emoticons on the comments. :derpytongue1::heart:)

2575948

Hehe, yeah, it's slightly experimental... :scootangel:

It's one of my first stories so I had a lot of ideas that I wanted to try out, all at once.

Login or register to comment