• Published 9th Mar 2013
  • 960 Views, 9 Comments

Mayor Fluttershy - The_Swedish_Horror



What would happen if Fluttershy became Ponyville's new mayor?

  • ...
1
 9
 960

2. The search

An hour had passed and Twilight was getting worried that something had happened to Fluttershy. The unicorn decided to go and look for her at her old place, thinking it would have been typical for Fluttershy to forget her duties as mayor over the sight of a hurt squirrel or a bird with a broken wing. But this day was too important to miss! There would be a parade I front of the Town Hall and the mayor had to make a speech and present a golden horseshoe to princess Luna. It was tradition! And princess Luna like traditions. Since the unfortunate mishap during the princess's last visit to Ponyville, Twilight was determined to not let anything go wrong this time. No pies would be allowed near the podium.
But what if Fluttershy didn't show up? What if she wouldn't be there in time to present the golden horseshoe to princess Luna?" The thought sent shivers down her spine.

At the same time Rarity had decided to end her cunning diversion of the crowd. She had led the curious ponies to the outskirts of Ponyville and was about to open the cardboard box in front of them to show that it was empty... But she stopped herself. That would have been an anti-climax... It would be much more dramatic to throw the box into the river and exclaim something about "No one must ever know about my secret mission!", and then leave the ponies wondering about her for days. It was a bit unnecessary, but she couldn't help herself. And she threw the box into the river with a dramatic gesture.
"Nopony must know about my top secret and very, very important mission!"

Meanwhile, Fluttershy was desperately trying to push open the door and escape from Rarity's cupboard. What if nopony found her? What if she would be trapped inside the cupboard for all eternity? She had no food and no water. Fluttershy almost started to cry over the thought of somepony finding her skeleton still inside the cupboard twenty years from now. They would say "Oh, that's what happened to the mayor! How dreadful! She starved to death inside her friend's cupboard, scared and alone with nopony there to help her!"

When Twilight reached Fluttershy's cottage, she found the place abandoned except for some animals and large piles of animal feed that the ever thoughtful Fluttershy had left there earlier. Although she was the mayor now, she still cared a lot for her animal friends.
"Have you seen Fluttershy?" Twilight asked.
All animals shook their heads.
"Twilight!"
She turned around and saw Pinkie Pie trotting through the gate.
"Do you know where Fluttershy is? Have you seen her?" Pinkie said.
"No, I haven't...."
"Oh! What if she has been kidnapped by pirates?! Or zombie ponies? Or ninjazombiepirateponies?"
"She has not been kidnapped! Fluttershy is most likely just busy with something... Maybe she has gone to the forest to help a lost deer or something like that..."
"What if she has g... gone to the Everfree forest?!"
"But Fluttershy would be to scared to go there."
"But... what if she has? What if she is being eaten by a timberwolf?!"

When Rarity entered her boutique she expected to find Fluttershy there waiting for her. But Fluttershy was nowhere to be seen. And also her jar of cookies was gone! Rarity deduced that Fluttershy must have taken the cookies and left the boutique, although it would have been very unlikely for her to take something without asking first. But since the unicorn had locked the front door, nopony else could have done it. She therefore decided to go over to the Town Hall and ask Fluttershy why she took her cookies.
But when Rarity arrived at the Town Hall only miss Hooves were there, sweeping the floor with a shovel.
"Have you seen Fluttershy?" Rarity shouted.
"Yes, she left a stain on her bedding and disappeared!"
"Strange..."
"Not at all," miss Hooves exclaimed. "She must have been sleeping in it."
Rarity was starting to feel confused. Had Fluttershy went home and gone to bed while eating all her cookies? Off course! She must have been overcome with stress and ran home, hiding in her bed and eating the cookies to comfort herself! Oh, the poor pegasus... But why had she suddenly disappeared?
Rarity then saw Pinkie Pie and Twilight running towards her.
"Rarity! Fluttershy has disappeared! We must search for her! She might have gone into the Everfree forest! Or even someplace even worse!"
"Oh NO! IT'S THE WORST POSSIBLE THING!"

The ponies searched all over Ponyville looking for Fluttershy and at Sweet Apple Acres they found the now empty jar of cookies.
"She must have been here!" Rarity concluded while carefully examining the jar for evidence.
"What if we don't find her in time for the parade?" Twilight asked, terrified of the consequences. She had almost forgot about princess Luna and the golden horseshoe! She would arrive in about an hour!

The square in front of the Town Hall was filled with ponies, waiting for the princess to arrive to watch the parade. Fluttershy was gone and instead Twilight and her friends had convinced Rainbow Dash to disguise herself as Fluttershy. They had painted her coat in a yellowish colour and made a pink wig out of material gathered from the hairdresser's trashcan. The wig itched and Rainbow didn't like at all to have her coat drenched in paint. She must resist the urge to scratch herself, but it was nearly impossible! She couldn't do it while all eyes were watching her.
And now the orchestra started to play. Princess Luna's carriage appeared on the sky, in broad daylight, and slowly descended from above. She waved at the citizens and they cheered. Rainbow Dash tried to move her right wing, but the drying paint had glued it's feathers to her side.
"Um... Oh my," she said to herself, trying to practice on her impersonation. It didn't sound like Fluttershy at all.