• Published 9th Mar 2013
  • 960 Views, 9 Comments

Mayor Fluttershy - The_Swedish_Horror



What would happen if Fluttershy became Ponyville's new mayor?

  • ...
1
 9
 960

3. Dash's deception

Rainbow Dash witnessed the parade of ponies in front of her podium. Princess Luna stood beside her and waved at the ponies, happily trotting by in rows. It was a beautiful sight but Rainbow had more important things than enjoying the parade. She had to focus on making everyone believe that she really was Fluttershy and not a shoddily disguised Rainbow Dash. The time for her speech was drawing near...

At the same time, Twilight, Applejack, Rarity and Pinkie Pie were at Sweet Apple Acres, desperately searching for Fluttershy. But no trace of the yellow pegasus was found other than the empty cookie jar. Where could she be?
"Maybe she in fact has been kidnapped?" Twilight said.
"By timberwolves and pirates!" said Pinkie, looking absolutely terrified.
"Oh, the horror!" said Rarity and threw herself into Granny Smith's rocking chair. But she had misjudged the steadiness of the chair and flipped it over, landing on the porch with all four legs in the air. She looked like a beetle on its back.

Rainbow Dash shuffled her papers and began to speak.
"Dear ponies of Ponyville! Today I have the great honour to welcome... um... princess Luna... and um... to our beautiful town. As mayor of Ponyville, I feel the great... I mean, I feel great pride to... um... the great pride that I feel has rendered me speechless!"
All the ponies clapped their hooves.
"What a beautiful speech, mayor Fluttershy."
"Awesome! I mean...um... oh, my!"
She then grabbed the golden horseshoe from its velvet pillow.
"Here you go, princess Luna!"
"Thank you, Rainbow Dash," Luna whispered.
"You're welc... No! Wait! I'm Fluttershy. I'm totally Fluttershy."
She said the last sentence out loud, and the whole crowd looked a bit confused.
"You do not need to feel dismay, Rainbow Dash. It's perfectly natural sometimes to pretend being somepony else. I often pretend to be... hm... other ponies."
"Hm... mhm..." said Rainbow Dash, blushing with embarrassment beneath the thick layer of paint that covered her face.
"Shall we continue to the next stop, mayor? I believe it is the Ponyville Liberary?"
"Oh! Oh, yeah... right..."
Rainbow realized that Twilight totally had forgotten all about receiving princess Luna in her library. She must come up with a plan to distract the princess while warning Twilight!
When Luna held her speech, thanking the ponies for the golden horseshoe, the disguised pegasus excused herself and ran behind the stage. She desperately searched for help and found Scootaloo lying on the floor, reminding her of an anaconda that had swallowed a young hippopotamus.
"Scoot! You must help me! Go and get Twilight! She must present her library to the princess! They are at Sweet Apple Acres, searching for Fluttershy!"
"But aren't you are here?" Scootaloo said, a bit confused.
"I'm not Fluttershy! I'm actually Rainbow Dash in a wig. Now, go!"
Scootaloo got up on her hooves and ran off to get her scooter.

Meanwhile, Fluttershy was still trapped inside Rarity's cupboard crying. But then she toughened up. This was not the time to give in. She was after all the mayor of Ponyville and she knew that deep down she was as brave as any pony, if not even braver... Fluttershy turned around inside the cupboard and gave the door a strong kick. It didn't move at all, but Fluttershy knew that given time, she could break out from the cupboard. And she was determined not to spend any minute longer than necessary inside that stupid piece of furniture!

Rainbow Dash and princess Luna slowly moved in the direction of the Ponyville Library. The crowd of exited ponies watched them, enjoying the historical significance of this moment. Princess Luna waved. Rainbow Dash knew that Twilight couldn't possibly have gotten back from Sweet Apple Acres already and she decided to buy her some time with a desperate plan.
"Princess, before we reach the Ponyville Liberary, I must show you Rarity's boutique! It was added to the program as a surprise, to... to... compensate you for the... hm.. incident during your last visit to our town!"
"Is that really necessary?"
"It's the least thing we could do."
Rainbow Dash knew that she was now in deep trouble, but Twilight's reputation was more important to save than her own or Rarity's since she could be fired from her work as a librarian if Luna or Celestia were unhappy with what they saw. Rarity couldn't be fired since she owned her own boutique. She would be devastated, but Rainbow hoped that she could take most of the blame herself when princess Luna would have had enough of her shenanigans.
But when they arrived at Rarity's place, the front door was locked. I desperation, Rainbow Dash bashed it open with a furious kick.
"It's a little rusty," she said.
"The place looks a bit deserted... Are you sure you have red the programme for my visit?" princess Luna asked. "This is very, very important to me."
"Off course, princess! And, as planned, I hereby invite all ponies to follow us into the boutique!"
Rarity's place was soon filled with ponies, crowding the boutique. Rainbow and the princess retreated into the living room.
"Make yourself at home. I will get you some coffee," Rainbow said.
"Coffee?!" Luna asked, slowly beginning to lose her patience.
The pegasus then ran to the kitchen and started making coffee for Luna and the over one hundred ponies who were pouring into the building like ants into a jar of jelly.
Princess Luna seated herself on the sofa next to the cupboard. A unicorn with a very light aquamarine coat made her company, sitting on the sofa in a very strange way. Luna watched her with bewilderment.

At the same time, Twilight and her friends were running trough the streets to get back to her library in time. But when they arrived at the library, they saw that nopony were there. Instead a crowd had gathered around Rarity's boutique.
Rarity saw it too, and her face went pale. (Since she already had a white coat, nopony really noticed it.)
"No! Not that! Everything but that!" she screamed in terror.
She didn't really know what was going on inside her boutique, but she could feel in every fibre of her body that something extremely bad was happening.
And they stormed into Rarity's place, pushing their way trough the crowd of ponies. They arrived just in time to see an angry princess Luna, now standing on all four legs in Rarity's sofa. The wood and fabric creaked under her weight.
"What mockery is this?!" she screamed, her voice booming with royal frustration. "I came here to perform my royal duties! To celebrate with my subjects! But instead that nefarious Rainbow Dash fooled me! She has made a farce out of my important visit to Ponyville as a princess! Why can't I be treated with dignity?! I HAVE HAD IT!"
Twilight looked out the window and saw Rainbow Dash, still disguised as Fluttershy, playing in the mud, laughing and rolling around in the puddles like a pig.
"WHAT?!" Twilight shouted in tears.
That Rainbow Dash sure had a lot to explain to her...