• Published 6th Mar 2013
  • 21,582 Views, 1,447 Comments

A New Home - APoeticHeart



A young human child abused by his father wishes to live in a new home, and wishes for someone to love him.

  • ...
65
 1,447
 21,582

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter Eight: Precious Memories (Edited)

Princess Luna's moon shown fully against the midnight canvas above Equestria with a few stars twinkling. The warm glow shined through a window in Canterlot Castle, into the room where the small child, Toby was sleeping peacefully under the covers. He laid curled up with his head laying softly on a nice fluffy white pillow.

Following Princess Luna quietly down a hallway toward the guest bedroom, was Twilight and the rest of her friends. They quietly trotted along as they came to the door of the room that was slightly opened. They all took deep breaths hoping that they wouldn't disturb the little colt.

Luna turned to them, and spoke softly. "Twilight Sparkle, and friends, were very calm as they entered. We must not wake young Toby and cause him to be scared." They all nodded in unison, and Luna turned back toward the door, and very lightly nudged it open with a forehoof.

Their hooves softly touched the floor as they trotted toward the bed. Luna spoke softly. "Now I need two of you to position yourselves on each side of the bed, two of you position yourselves at the head of the bed, and I will take post at the foot of the bed." They nodded.

Applejack stood with Pinkie Pie on one side while Rarity took one side with Fluttershy, and Rainbow Dash sat at the head with Twilight.

"Aww..the precious darling looks so adorable sleeping." Rarity spoke softly as she watched him.

They all smiled warmly in agreement.

Luna took a calm breath, "now, I need for you all to close your eyes, relax, and just listen to the silence. I will work my magic and we shall enter into young Toby's mind." They nodded and carefully closed their eyes inhaling softly.

Luna closed her eyes and concentrated as her horn started to light up with a warm blue glow. "Alright everypony, keep your eyes closed and keep calm. Here we go." As the same warm blue glow enveloped all of them.

Age: One Year Old.

Slowly Luna, and the others opened their eyes to find themselves in a room with walls painted a baby blue with pearl white carpeting, and an alabaster white wooden crib in the center. A matching alabaster white wooden dresser sat catty in a corner behind the crib. In another corner of the room sat a wooden rocking chair. Above the crib was mobile with a small stuffed crescent moon, sun, and rainbow with two white clouds at the bottom of each end.

The ponies all looked around the room wondering where they were when Rarity gently spoke up, "well, it sure is clean and beautiful in here. Where exactly are we Princess Luna?"

She looked at the crib which they were all surrounding and looked inside. "Take a look everypony." She said softly with a warm smile on her face.

The other looked inside the crib and d'awwwed at what they saw. Inside wrapped in a warm soft baby blue blanket was a very small colt who was sleeping soundly.

Fluttershy carefully lowered her head inside the crib to take a closer look at the little creature. "Um..Princess Luna..that is Toby isn't it?" Luna smiled warmly, and nodded.

Suddenly the small infant started to cry which caused the ponies to jump a little. They saw the door of the room open immediatly and an adult mare came in dressed in a pink robe, pair of long silken pajama pants, fluffy bedroom slippers, and she had the same toned hairless form as Toby and a flowing blonde, and baby blue eyes.

She rushed to the side of crib passing right through the ponies and carefully reached into the crib to lift the crying child tenderly into her arms, and cradled him. "Shh..it's okay Toby..mommy is here." She carefully walked over to the rocking chair, and started to rock him very softly back and forth.

The ponies very carefully trotted up to the mare, and looked at how the infant calmed his crying as he looked up with a big smile at the mare who was holding him. Tears started to form in their eyes even Princess Luna.

"Shhh..that is mommy's boy. No more tears, mommy's got you." She continued to rock him gently in her arms, and started to softly sing to him.

"Hush little one, please close your eyes
be not afraid of darkening, and looming skies.
I am here to chase away your deepest fears
if you cry I will wipe away all of your tears.
Hush little one, please dream happy dreams
let my voice flow to you like calm gentle streams.
Listen to my words and know that this is true
that I have been blessed, because I have you."

She smiled down at the infant who fell asleep in her arms as she leant down to kiss his over, so gently. "Mommy loves you Toby." She whispered softly as she carefully stood up from the rocking chair, and walked to the crib. She carefully lowered the sleeping child back into the crib wrapped him in the baby blue blanket. "Sweet dreams my baby boy." She gave him one more kiss on his forehead. She turned on a little night light, and quietly walked out the door leaving it cracked open. The ponies wiped away their tears with their forehooves as they looked at the sleeping colt.

"This is young Toby's most precious memory. Being held in his mothers arms with her singing that lullaby to him." Luna spoke softly. "Close your eyes my friends, we shall visit another memory of his." They nodded and smiled down warmly one more time at the infant before closing their eyes. They were warmly enveloped in the blue glow of Luna's magic.

Age: Four Years Old.

As they opened their eyes they saw they found themselves in what appeared the identical room, but it looked completely different. Instead of baby blue painted walls, they were a deep royal blue, and there was a picture hanging on one wall with what appeared to the ponies to be a stallion dressed in a red, blue, and yellow colored costume with a red "S" in a red outlined shield with a yellow background on the upper part with the rest being blue. He had a red belt around the waist, matching blue pants, and red boots.

They moved their sights slowly around the room when they saw it had the same pearl white carpet, but instead of a crib sitting in the center, there was a nice comfy looking bed up against the wall with a window above the headboard. The bed had an all blue bed sheet with a large sized symbol on it the same as the symbol on the picture on the stallion's costume. The bed was made out of finely smoothed wood that had a deep brown tint to it.

Twilight spoke softly "hmm..this appears to be Toby's room, but everything is different." The others nodded in agreement.

Luna spoke softly, "yes Twilight Sparkle, it is his room, and it is different this memory is of him when he was four years old. This is his second favorite memory, let us watch."

They stood still as a little colt came running in jumping on the bed happily. He was wearing pajama pants that were all blue with the same little symbols they saw on the picture and on his bedsheets. He also wore a white top with short sleeves. He was followed by the same mare from his last memory.

"Easy there you little rascal." She giggled as she sat down on the edge of the bed next to the happy child.

He jumped down on his knees, and swung his legs over on the edge of the bed beside his mom. "Please mommy, show me what you got me for my birthday!" He asked happily.

She smiled happily at him, and nuzzled at his nose with hers. "Okay, okay. First, you have to close your eyes." She smiled.

"Yes mommy!" He giggled, and closed his eyes softly.

"That is mommy's boy." She reached into the pocket of her robe she was wearing and pulled out a little golden locket.

Rarity gasped. "Aww..that is the little gem that I sewn into the little darling's outfit." She said softly as the others placed their forehooves up to quiet her kindly. She nodded and they turned their attention back to the two.

"Okay Toby, open your eyes." She said with a bright smile.

He opened his eyes and saw the golden locket in his mom's hands. "Ooh, mommy, it is pretty!" He smiled up happily at her as she gently handed it to him.

"Go ahead sweetie, open it." She clasped her hands together excitedly as he started to open it. She pointed at the picture on the right. "Toby, this is you when you was just a little baby. I had this picture taken as soon as the doctor gave you to me."

Toby teared up, and reached up wrapping his little arms around her neck tightly while holding the locket in a hand. "I love it mommy! I love you!" He softly cried into her long blonde mane.

She patted his back as she hugged him back. "I love you to sweetheart, I always will." She very gently pulled him away from the hug, and looked into his eyes gently raising the locket up between them. "When you look at this, you will know that I am always with you in your heart." She pointed at his heart with a finger. "Now time to get to bed sweetie."

He took the locket and carefully placed it around his neck. "Okay mommy." He climbed underneath his bed covers, and looked up at her with a big bright smile.


She bent over to kiss him on his forehead. "Know that I will always love you Toby, and I will never leave you." He smiled, and nodded softly. "Goodnight sweetheart, sleep tight, and sweet dreams my baby boy."

"Goodnight mommy, I love you!" He said one last time before he softly closed his eyes. She smiled at him, and quietly stood up from his bed, and walked over to turn his night light on, and walked out of his room leaving the door cracked open.

The ponies wiped at their eyes again with their forehooves as tears started to form again. "Now my friends, time for us to move onto another, yet sad memory." Luna spoke solemnly.

They all nodded with a frown as they slowly closed their eyes. Once again they were enveloped with a warm blue glow of Luna's magic.

Age: Five Years Old - Three months after Toby's mother passed away.

When they opened their eyes, they found themselves to be outside in a field that was occupied by what appeared to be different sizes of stones either in rectangular, spherical, squared, or a combination of either. Also, it seemed to be thickly clouded in the sky with rain coming down lightly. As they were looking around the haunting place they noticed they were standing in front of one stone that had some sort of writing on it.

"R.I.P Ashley Mason Beloved Wife and Mother 1988-2011"

Applejack took a closer look and frowned immediately "That is Toby's last name ya'll." They all looked closer and nodded sadly.

"My friends, this is called a cemetary, and these stone figures are called graves. This is where ponies who have passed on are buried." Luna said with a frown.

Suddenly they heard a voice yell out "Hurry up son!" Then they saw the young colt walking toward them with a small bouquet of white roses. He had his head lowered as he stopped in front of grave, and knelt down on both of his knees.

He started shaking with sobs. "I-I miss you m-mommy!" He set down bouquet of flowers in front of the grave. "D-daddy let me come, and see you today. H-he started being mean to me, and calling me names." Tears streamed down his face, and the ponies wanted to just run to him, and embrace him.


"D-daddy says it is all my fault that you are gone. He says that if you weren't coming to pick me up, th-then you would still be here." He lowered his head, and shook harder.

The ponies, even Luna looked on unable to contain their tears anymore.

"I-I am sorry mommy. I love you so much! I-I miss you!" He slowly reached up and gently grazed his little hand over her tombstone. He got up slowly from his knees, and walked back to his father and they left in his pick-up truck.

Pinkie Pie's mane was flat from it's regular poofy manner while the others had their heads lowered sadly. "The poor little wittle Toby. He really thinks it is his fault that his mommy is gone."

Luna closed her eyes to subdue her tears as she looked at them. "Come my friends, there is one more memory left."

They nodded sadly, and closed their eyes for them to go. The warm blue glow of Luna enveloped them all for one last memory.


Age: Six Years Old - August 14, 2012 Two days after Toby's birthday and one year anniversary of Ashley's death

This time they found themselves inside the young colt's room once more but it seemed dark. They looked outside the window above his bed to see it was nightfall with the moon shining brightly in the night sky.

Suddenly they heard crying as they turned to see the small child running into his room shutting the door behind him, and running over to his bed jumping in. He buried his head in his pillow trembling with sobs, and screaming in his pillow. They looked on deeply scared for the little colt as he looked over to see the open again.

A big burly stallion trotted in heavily. "Stop your sniveling you little brat!" He walked over to Toby, and yanked him up without effort by the collar of his shirt. "Maybe your momma crashed on purpose, so she couldn't look at your blubbering face again!"

"D-d-don't say that d-daddy, please!" He begged his father between sobs.

The bigger stallion took his forehoof, and smacked the little colt across the face. "Shut up! Now I am going to bed, and I don't want to hear your pathetic crying anymore! If I do I will come back in here and make you shut up myself!" He wiped at his mouth with his foreleg, and stomped out of the child's room.

"Why that jerk! Let me get 'em!" Rainbow Dash tried to dash out the door when she felt somepony tugging at her tail, and it was Applejack. "Let me go Applejack, he deserves a good bucking after doing that to the kid."

Applejack tugged Rainbow back down "Sugarcube, this is just a memory it won't do any good. Ah' agree the darn varmint deserve a good buckin' but it is too late."

They all nodded as the turned toward the bed and saw the little colt sitting up on his bed with tears streaming down his face. He looked up out his window and clasped his hands together. Then they heard him start to speak with such a small and hurt tone.

"Star light, star bright,
The first star I see tonight,
I wish I may, I wish I might,
Have this wish I wish tonight."

"I wish to live in a new home with a new family who will love me and never be mean to me." He finished his wish, and kissed his closed hands. He looked up at the bright full moon one more time, and whispered "Goodnight mommy, I love you." He then climbed into his bed, and covered up tightly as he closed his eyes softly.

They started crying as Luna spoke softly. "It is time to go my friends. Close your eyes."

They nodded as they closed their eyes. The usual warm blue glow of Luna's magic enveloped them.

Back in Canterlot Castle

They slowly opened their eyes as tears started to stream down their faces. They watched the small child as he slept.

"The poor poor darling. No wonder why he is the way he is. That ruffian of a father hurt the poor colt, so much." Rarity said tearfully as she reached up, and lightly stroked at Toby's side through the covers.

Fluttershy carefully leaned her head down to the little colt's head, and whispered softly into his hear "I am so sorry little one for the pain you have been through. I promise that me, and my friends will love you as much as your mommy did, and we will never let anypony harm you ever again." She kissed his cheek gently.

Luna smiled at the six, and gently spoke. "My friends, let us leave, and let this little one sleep." They nodded as they followed behind Luna.

Before they trotted out the door they said softly in unison. "We love you Toby." They all trotted out of the room, and left the door opened slightly.

PreviousChapters Next