• Published 6th Mar 2013
  • 21,606 Views, 1,447 Comments

A New Home - APoeticHeart



A young human child abused by his father wishes to live in a new home, and wishes for someone to love him.

  • ...
65
 1,447
 21,606

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter Twenty-Five: Gems Galore & Spa Treatments (Edited)

Princess Celestia started to awakem from her peaceful slumber when Princess Luna trotted softly into her bedroom. She blinked her eyes opened, and greeted her younger sister as she carefully climbed out of her bed. "Ah.. good morning Luna, how are.." She cut herself off when she noticed Luna wearing a frown upon her face. "Sister, what is wrong?" Luna trotted up to her, and laid her head against the sun Princess' chest as she released a flood of tears. Celestia reached up a foreleg, and rubbed along Luna's back soothingly attempting to calm her tears.

After a couple of minutes Luna calmed down. Celestia reached her head down to nuzzle at the top of Luna's gently. "Now that's better." She rubbed at her back a little more before gently pulling back to look into her eyes which were glossy with tears. "Now Luna, please tell me what has upset you so." Giving her a soft reassuring smile.

Luna sighed deeply. "Tia, last night I was watching over the land when I heard somepony's mind, but it was not anypony of Equestria. It was the mind of who I believe is our young friend, Toby's father." She lowered her head, and allowed one last tear to shed from her eyes. "Oh, sister what I heard was horrible, and it will shatter the little child's heart if he were to find out."

Celestia laid a wing over Luna's back, and cooed. "Shh.. try to calm yourself sister." She reached down, and nuzzled at her cheek. She placed a forehoof under her chin to let her look up at her. "Luna, will you please tell me what you heard?" She asked with a concerned tone.

Luna let out another deep sigh swallowing deeply, and started to explain what she heard.

*A couple minutes later*

Celestia's looked at her sister with a saddened expression on her face with a single tear streaming from the corner of both eyes. "Oh, dear. This would definitely shatter young Toby's heart, but he must know Luna." She lifted her wing up over Luna, and turned toward the balcony.

Luna reached a forehoof up to wipe away her last remaining tears, and looked at her sister. "Tia, I trust in you. What would you like for me to do?"

Celestia's brows furrowed with anger as she looked outside over Equestria. "Sister, do you think you will be able to bring the young one's father here the same way you brought Toby?"

"Yes Tia, I can do that, but why would you want to bring that monster here to Equestria where he could bring harm upon not only our home, but more pain upon our young friend?" Luna showing a confused, and concerned look on her face.

Celestia closed her eyes relaxing her brows. "When you bring him here Luna, make sure to put him in the palace dungeon, until it is time for us to allow our dear Toby to see him. Twilight informed me that her, and her friends were going to make this week special for the child by each of them spending a day with him. After that, then we shall bring them all to the castle."

Luna bowed her head. "I understand Tia, I will wait for tonight when his father is asleep." She trotted up to Celestia looking up at her with a look of worry. "I am scared sister that the poor child wouldn't be able to handle it. He has endured so much, and this will just shatter him." She lowered her head.

Celestia turned her head toward her sister, and lowered it touching their horns together to comfort her. "I know Luna. That is why he will need all of his new friends, and family to be here for him. That is why he will need us to be here for him sister." Celestia sighed deeply, and turned to look back out over Equestria as her sun was rising against the aqua blue sky. "I just hope he will be able to handle this one last bit of tragic news."

Luna nodded her head slowly in agreement. "I do as well Tia. I shall take my leave, so I may prepare myself for tonight. Is there anything you would like for me to do before I depart sister?"

Celestia turned her head, and gave her a warm smile. "No Luna, I will be alright for now." Luna bowed her head, and turned to trot out of Celestia's bedroom. Celestia kept her gaze outside over the land. She looked up at her sun, and closed her eyes. "Please let this small child's heart have the strength to withstand this dark secret." She opened her eyes, and let out a deep sigh before turning back toward her bedroom.

In Ponyville, Rarity was stirring lightly in her bed as she let out a soft yawn. She reached up with her forelegs to take off her yellow sleeping mask with pink frill around the edges, and pink bows on each of the eyes. "Oh, my what a good night's rest." She stretched both her hindlegs, and forelegs as she climbed out of her bed.

Opalescence who was sleeping on a bare mannequin let out a big yawn, and stretched out her legs, flexing her claws as she hopped down, and padded over to her owner. She rubbed her fluffy, and furry form against Rarity's forelegs purring deeply.

Rarity smiled warmly down at her pet Persian cat, and stroked along her back with a forehoof. "Good morning my precious Opal. Are you hungry?" Opal just kept purring, and let out a meow. "Okay darling, come with mommy, and I will fix you something good for breakfast."

She trotted out of her room and descended the stairs with Opal padding closely behind. "Ah.. what a beautiful morning it is." She trotted into the kitchen to prepare a meal for Opal. After getting her food ready, Rarity gave it to Opal in her food bowl along with a water bowl. She stroked at the top of her head. She smiled down at her, and decided to prepare herself a cup of tea, and a couple slices of toast for breakfast with apple butter spread.

While enjoying her breakfast a thought occurred to her. "Oh, today is my day to spend with my little darling of a nephew." She looked over into the main room of the boutique over at the lavender chest she kept all of her gems for her designs. "Also, I got to go gem hunting today as well."

She placed a forehoof against her chin in a thinking manner. "My Spikey-Wikey hasn't returned from Canterlot yet. Hmm.. I wonder if the precious little child would like to accompany his Auntie Rarity today?" She smiled to herself, and clapped her forehooves together happily. "Oh, that is a wonderful idea. Then after we go gem hunting, I will take the little one, and Fluttershy to the spa. He deserves to have a relaxing, and comfortable time after collecting gems."

She finished with her tea, and toast wiping her mouth clean with a napkin. "Before I leave, I must make Toby something special." A beaming smile spreading across her face as she trotted through the kitchen, and ascended the stairs to her bedroom to get started working. "Oh, I just know the little darling is going to love what I have in store for him." She blushed gleefully.


Rarity made sure she had everything she need for the day. She had her saddlebags strapped to her back which contained the surprise she had for Toby, and levitated a shovel, and pail. "The little colt could collect some gems of his own, and maybe make something." She smiled happily as she exited the boutique, and locked the door. She gathered a red wagon outside by her boutique that she uses to collect gems in, and placed the shovel, and pail in it.

She took a deep breath of the fresh morning air as she trotted along the road of Ponyville. She waved a forehoof at the townsponies who would greet her. As she was trotting through town she noticed Pinkie Pie laying down on all four legs with her forelegs crossed in front of her, and she had her head laying on them. Concerned for her pink friend, Rarity trotted over to her.

She looked down at Pinkie with a warm smile. "Hello Pinkie darling, how are you doing on this fine morning?" She asked softly although she could tell something was wrong.

Pinkie let out a heavy sigh. "I am doing okay I guess." She looked up at Rarity with glossy eyes. "Oh, Rarity my pinkie sense is acting up again this morning."

Rarity sat down on her haunches beside her, and reached up to rub at her back gently with a forehoof. "Pinkie dear, are you sure you just aren't feeling well? Sometimes your pinkie sense can cause you to overreact over the smallest of things." She gave a small awkward smile.

Pinkie nodded, and sighed. "I know Rarity, but today I feel sad. I feel like there is somepony saddened by something, but I can't tell who." She gasped, and looked at Rarity with wide eyes. "What if our little wittle nephew Toby is sad?"

Rarity took a deep breath, and shook her head slowly. "Pinkie, why would the little darling be sad for? If something was bothering him, I know he would tell us." Giving Pinkie a reassuring smile, and patted her back. "Now like you always tell us, turn that frown upside down dear, and have fun today."

Pinkie gave a soft smile, and nodded. "You are right Rarity, the little wittle cutie wutie would definitely tell us if something was wrong with him. Maybe I am just overreacting." She sat up on her haunches, and pulled Rarity into a big strong hug. "Thank you Rarity."

Rarity nodded, and hugged Pinkie back patting her on the back. "You are welcome dear." They gently broke the hug, and she gave Pinkie a warm smile. "Now, do you feel better darling?"

Pinkie nodded vigorously. "Oh, yes I feel much better." Giving Rarity a beaming smile. "So, what are you going to do today Rarity?" She asked curiously.

"Well, I am planning to take our precious little nephew gem hunting with me since my Spikey-Wikey isn't back from Canterlot yet. After, I am going to take him and Fluttershy to the spa for a relaxing, and comfortable time. He certainly will deserve it after collecting gems." Smiling happily.

"Ooh, that sound like super duper fun for the little wittle cutie wutie." Pinkie clapped her forehooves excitedly. "Since I feel much better, I am going to get back to the bakery, so I can help Mr. and Mrs. Cake." She gave Rarity one more big hug. "You guys have fun, okie dokie lokie?"

Rarity laughed, and nodded. "We will Pinkie. You take care too my friend." Giving her a warm smile, and gathered the wagon with her magic, and waved a forehoof at Pinkie as she trotted toward Fluttershy's cottage.

When Rarity arrived at the cottage she could see that Fluttershy, and Toby was outside enjoying their morning breakfast at the table. She smiled softly at the sight, and trotted toward pulling the wagon along with her magic. "Good morning you two." Speaking up softly.

Fluttershy sipped at her tea before putting it down. "Oh.. um.. good morning Rarity. How are you doing?" She asked shyly.

"Oh, I am doing wonderfully darling." She gave the pegasus a warm smile. "How are you doing Fluttershy dear?"

"I am doing good. Just enjoying being outside with all my animal friends, and my precious little one." Looking at Toby with a warm smile causing the child to blush as he ate at his oatmeal.

Rarity giggled at the little colt's blushing, and trotted over to him. "And how is my darling little nephew doing today?" Giving him a blushing smile.

He finished his bite of oatmeal before speaking. "I am doing good Auntie Rarity, thank you." Giving her a soft smile as he put his empty bowl on the table, and wiped his mouth clean with a napkin.

She leaned forward, and gave him a kiss on the forehead. "You are quite welcome dear." She reached up with a foreleg to gently rub at his arm. "Toby, if it is okay with your momma, how would you like to accompany your Auntie Rarity to do some hunting for gems?"

He smiled happily, and nodded. "That sounds like fun Auntie Rarity." Then he turned toward Fluttershy with a hopeful look. "Is it okay Momma if I go with Auntie Rarity?"

Fluttershy smiled warmly at the little colt, and nodded. "Of course sweetheart, it is okay with me." She got off her pillow, and gathered her cup along with Toby's bowl. She gave him a kiss on top of his head. "Go get dressed sweetie." He nodded, and walked into the cottage to go get ready. Fluttershy smiled at him as she, and Rarity trotted behind to go in.

"I promise Fluttershy that I will make sure he doesn't get hurt, and keep him safe." Rarity reassured her friend as she took the dishes into the kitchen.

Fluttershy returned a kind smile to Rarity. "Oh, I know you will Rarity." Her eyes became a little moist as she looked at Rarity. "Thank you Rarity. You, and the girls have been, so caring, and loving toward Toby since I introduced you all to him." She gave her a hug, and laid her head against Rarity's shoulder.

Rarity reached up, and rubbed at her back, and wings soothingly. "Oh, darling you know we all love the precious little child." She very gently pulled Fluttershy in front of her, and looked sincerely into her eyes. "Listen dear, you are the main one out of all us who really helped in healing his broken heart. If you wouldn't have taken him in, I don't what would happen to the little darling." She rubbed at Fluttershy's shoulder.

Rarity cleared her throat. "Now, I was thinking after we get done collecting gems, all three of us could take a trip to the spa. I think he deserves a relaxing, and comfortable spa treatment after helping his Auntie Rarity gem hunting. What do you think of that Fluttershy?"

"Oh.. um.. well, that sounds like a good idea. Do you think Lotus and Aloe won't mind tending to Toby even though he isn't a pony?" Asking with a little concern in her voice.

"Oh, my dear Fluttershy, of course they won't mind. Remember, they gave their spa treatments to Spike on numerous times, and he is a dragon. I am sure they will welcome him with open arms like everypony else." She gave the pegasus a reassuring smile. "Don't your worry your pretty pink head about it darling." Fluttershy blushed, and nodded.

"Before I forget, it would be best if I leave this with you." She took her saddlebags off with her magic, and placed the on the floor next to Fluttershy's sofa. She opened up a flap, and levitated a pair of black swim trunks with outlining the bottoms of the legs. "I decided to make these for the little darling to wear in the Jacuzzi at the spa."

"Oh, he will love them Rarity, just like all of your outfits you have given him." Fluttershy gave a squeal of joy, and smiled happily.

Rarity levitated the trunks back into her saddlebags. "I do hope, so dear. For now though, let's keep it a surprise for the little darling. I will present them to him when we return from gem hunting." Fluttershy nodded in agreement.

Toby descended the stairs wearing his royal blue outfit with red jacket. He looked up at the two mares with a big smile. "I am ready Auntie Rarity." He walked over to Fluttershy, and gave her a warm hug around her neck. "I love you Momma. I will be back before dinner, don't worry."

She smiled warmly down at him, and nuzzled at his cheek. "I know sweetheart." She looked up at Rarity who gave her a wink. "You just be good for your Auntie Rarity, and have fun, okay sweetie?" She gave him a kiss on the fore head. "Momma loves you too Toby." Rarity smiled at the two as she carefully trotted toward the door.

They gently broke the embrace as Toby turned to follow behind Rarity out of the cottage. Rarity looked down at the little colt, and softly asked. "Toby, would you like to pull the wagon, or would you like to ride on your Auntie Rarity's back?"

He smiled up softly. "I can pull the wagon Auntie Rarity." She returned the smile, and levitated the wagon over to them levitating the handle toward Toby which he gently grasped. He turned to look up at Fluttershy. "Bye Momma, I will be back soon." Giving her a warm smile.

Fluttershy placed a forehoof on his shoulder, and gently rubbed it. She gave him a kiss on the top of his head. "Okay sweetheart. Goodbye for now, and have fun." She waved a forehoof as the two headed toward the rock quarry.

Rarity looked down at the small child as with a warm smile as they were walk toward the quarry. "Toby darling, if a lady may ask, did you, and your mommy do stuff like this too?"

He looked up, and nodded. "Yes Auntie Rarity. I remember we went to the beach when I was four, and we collected some sea shells." He gave a little smile. "Mommy made me a necklace out of small seashells, but daddy broke it, and threw it away after she passed away."

Rarity gasped, and frowned down at him. "Oh, darling I am truly sorry. Your father certainly was a ruffian for doing that."


He smiled up softly at her, and nodded as they arrived at the rock quarry. He looked out at it then up at Rarity. "Auntie Rarity, how will we be able to find gems in this big place?"

Rarity giggled lightly, and smiled down at the little colt. "Ah.. well, that is very simple my precious nephew. You see Toby, my horn comes in handy other than helping me create my designs. It also can detect a group of gems that are buried in the ground."

Toby nodded, and looked up at her with a bright smile. "Oh, that is neat Auntie Rarity." He giggled as he watched her horn light up.

Rarity glanced up as it glowed. "Oh, speaking of which. Just follow me darling." She carefully trotted ahead as Toby followed behind with the wagon. After a short walk they came upon a spot, and Rarity leaned her head down to illuminate the spot to reveal a hole filled with colorful glimmering gems. "Aha.. there we are. Come here precious, take a look." Toby nodded placing the handle down, and walking over to Rarity.

Toby looked at them in wonder. "Oh, they are very pretty Auntie Rarity." He could see they were all different shapes, sizes, and colors twinkling like stars in the evening sky. He went over to the wagon and retrieved the shovel. "Can I help dig?"

She gave him a soft smile, and reached up to pat at his back gently. "Of course darling. Just be careful, okay?" He nodded, and started digging. She stayed close to him to make sure nothing bad happens.

After a few minutes Toby finished digging the hole, and looked in awe at the gems. "They are very pretty close up Auntie Rarity." He saw a light blue glow appear around them as Rarity levitated them out of the hole, and over to the wagon. She placed half in the wagon, and the other half in his bucket. He saw this, and looked up at her. "Are those for me Auntie Rarity?"

She gave him a bright smile, and nodded rubbing at his shoulder. "Of course they are for you precious. Maybe you could use them to make something special for your momma." Blushing as her horn lit up again. "Oh, my would you look at that. Looks like there some more around here." She used her magic to grab at the handle, and carefully levitated the shovel out of the little colt's hands to put it back in the wagon.

"Toby darling, how about you ride on my back for the rest, and let me use my magic to dig the holes? I know you have to be tired although it was just one little hole." She said giving him a worried look, and rubbing up, and down his arm gently.

Toby looked up with a little smile. "Are you sure Auntie Rarity? I am okay, and I don't want you to hurt by using all of your magic."

Rarity gave a light chuckle. "Aw..haha.. don't worry precious, I will be more than alright. I can do an array with things with my magic, and it takes much to make me tired." Giving him a light rub on the cheek. She leaned down on her forelegs. "Climb up now darling." He nodded, and carefully climbed onto her back and she used her magic to pull the wagon along with them as the went to the next spot.

However, the two were unaware of the three pairs of eyes that were watching them through some bushes that were a part of the quarry.

"Eh.. it's that pony who wines all the time." Came a high raspy voice from behind the bushes. "I know she can find gems with her magic, but I don't think I can handle her constant blabbering, and complaining."

"Be quiet. Do you want them to hear us?" Another yet smaller high voice followed. "Look at that thing on her back guys. It isn't that little lizard, but he could be valuable in our plans."

"Uh, what do you mean Spot? How could that little creature get us gems?" A deep voice spoke up last.

"Gah.. do I have to explain every thing to you boneheads? I saw we nab that little runt from the whiny pony, and make her give us the gems, or we take it hostage." The other two voices laughed evilly in agreement. They became silent as the continued to watch the two.

After collecting a final group of gems Rarity looked at the wagon which was filled up with a big mound of multi-color jewels She looked back, and smiled warmly at the child on her back. "Well Toby darling, I believe that should be enough. Let's get back to your Momma's shall we?"

As she turned to trot onward when suddenly a dog-like creature jumped out of the bushes. "Not so fast whiny pony." The creature spoke with a high raspy voice. It stood tall about a foot taller than Rarity, and it had charcoal gray fur, lime green squinted eyes, ridiculously large paws with black claws, large forearms which ended with small upper arms. His face and ears was that of a bat, and he wore a red vest like top with pockets on each side, and a black collar with diamonds encrusted into it. Finally he had a pink nose.

"You won't be going anywhere until you give us your gems."


"Oh, dear not you flea ridden ruffians again." She felt the little colt on her back shaking, and looked back at him giving him a nuzzle. "Don't worry precious, I won't let this mutt hurt one single hair on your head." She turned around, and cleared her throat. "Now if you would be so kind to remove yourself from in front of us, then I won't have to become violent." Flicking her mane.

"Well, isn't that precious.. bleh. I don't think you will be going anywhere." Suddenly a much bigger dog who stood taller than the first one jumped down from the tree they were near, and held onto Rarity. He had all pale grey fur with the same ridiculously large paws, and also arms, deep grey claws, and he hunched over as he stood. He wore a charcoal vest with pockets on each side as well, and a larger black collar encrusted with diamonds. He had sun yellow eyes, black nose, and had a head and face like that of a gargoyle.

"Now Spot." The first one yelled as a third dog came down form the tree. He was the smallest of the three and had pale brown fur, also large paws with shorter arms, and small black claws. He wore alight grey vest the same as the other two with a pocket on each side, and also a black collar with diamonds embedded in it. He had pale yellow eyes, black nose, and his face resembled a bulldog. He reached up and grabbed the small child putting him over the shoulder, and ran over to the first dog.

"Ahh. Let me go you bad doggie." Toby struggled in the dog's grasp, but he wasn't big enough to get loose.

"Be quiet you little runt." The smaller dog said he giggled evilly.

The first one eyed Rarity. "Now it is simple whiny pony. You give us all of your gems, and we will let this little one go." Chuckling. "If not, we shall take him down into the ground, and make him work for us."

Rarity swallowed deeply, but looked at the lead dog with anger. "You let my nephew go you fleabag." She yelled as she bit the large dog's paws that held her. He yelped and she ran toward the smaller dog turning to ram her shoulder into him which caused him to drop Toby.

Toby fell on the ground, and quickly stood back up to see the lead dog standing above him. "Not so fast you little...OW!" Toby stomped on the dog's hind paw, and ran toward Rarity. Rarity leaned down to scoop the child on her back.

Rarity was panting some as she looked behind her at the little colt. "Are you okay darling?"

He nodded. "I am okay Auntie Rarity." He looked at the three dogs who were joined together again. "What are those three bad doggies?" He asked with a deep swallow.

"We are known as the Diamond Dogs, and quit calling us doggies." The lead dog stomped his right hindpaw which Toby stomped, and yelped holding it up. "OW!"

"Haha..and there is more where that came from you ruffians." Rarity stood proudly as she lit her horn up. "Watch this Toby." She whispered behind her to the child on her back.

"Uh, hey what is she doing you guys." The larger dog said in his low tone.

Suddenly a branch above the three diamond dogs snapped, and came falling down. "AAH!" The three dogs screamed as it fell on top of them pinning them to the ground.

Toby laughed. "Haha..that was good Auntie Rarity." As she pulled the wagon over to her with her magic with the gems still intact, and the gems in Toby's bucket.

"Thank you precious." She eyed the three dogs whose eyes were turning in a spherical motion. "That will teach you never to mess with Rarity again you mutts." She flicked her mane, and turn to trot away.


While they left Spot shook his head. "Guh.. Rover, why can't we just collect bones from now on? We are dogs after all, and they are much easier to get than gems."

"Yeah boss." The larger dog agreed.

Rover reached both of his large paws up forming them into fists, and pounded the two on the top of their head. "Eh, will you both be quiet, and let's get out from under this tree branch." They grunted, and struggled to get out from underneath the branch. "Bones do sound tastier than diamonds though." The other two just grunted, and smacked themselves in the face with their paws.

As they were head back toward the cottage Rarity gently let Toby down from her back for a moment. She checked over him, and patted at his clothes to get rid of the little dirt he gathered after falling to the ground. "Oh, you poor dear, are you sure you are alright Toby?" Looking down with a worried look.

He carefully took his glasses off, and wiped them with his shirt. He put them back on, and looked up at her nodding. "Yes Auntie Rarity, I am okay." He gave her a big warm hug around her neck, and laid his head against her soft chest fur. "Thank you for saving me from those mean doggies." He sighed warmly.

Rarity hugged him close with a foreleg, and gave him a gentle kiss on the top of his head. "Of course darling, I would never let those brutes or anypony hurt my precious little nephew." She rubbed along his back soothingly. After a minute she gently pulled him back to look him in his eyes. "I want you to listen to me Toby. When those ruffians called you a little runt, don't listen to them. You may be small, but you have such a big heart, do you understand me?"

"Yes Auntie Rarity." He smiled up softly at her as she gave him a kiss on the forehead.

"Good. Now let's just keep this rendezvous with those nasty dogs a secret, okay? We don't want your momma to be worried too much." He nodded in agreement as she leaned down on her forelegs. "Hop on precious." He climbed atop Rarity's back, and she used her magic to once again pull the wagon as they continued on their way back to the cottage.

Fluttershy was outside watering the flowers around her cottage when she spotted the two coming up over the bridge. Rarity leaned down to let Toby climb off and he ran up the hill with his bucket of gems. "Momma, Momma, look at what Auntie Rarity let me have." As he showed his bucket of gems.

Rarity giggled, and smiled at the small child's excitement as Fluttershy done the same. She looked down at Toby, and gave him a kiss on the top of his head. "They are very beautiful sweetheart." She smiled softly and give him a nuzzle on the cheek. "How about you go take them upstairs, and put them somewhere safe, okay sweetie?" He nodded, and ran inside, and ascended the stairs.

The two mares followed behind. They smiled at the little colt as he was walking upstairs. Rarity trotted over to her saddlebags, and opened the flap containing Toby's swim trunks with her magic, and levitated them out. She blushed happily, and clapped her forehooves. "Oh, I can't wait for the little darling to see these, and try them on." Fluttershy giggled, and nodded in agreement.

Toby returned downstairs smiling softly. "Okay Momma, I got them put up safely in the chest with my clothes."

Fluttershy smiled down at him. "That is a good place to put them sweetheart." She embraced him with a foreleg bring him to her, and gave him a kiss on the top of his head. She looked down at him. "Toby... um.. if it is okay with you.. um.. could you maybe close your eyes for a little bit? Your Auntie Rarity has something special to give you." Toby looked up with a soft smile as he closed his eyes. She giggled lightly as she gently placed both forehooves on his shoulders, and carefully turned him to face Rarity.

Rarity smiled with glee as she levitated the swim trunks in front of Toby. "Okay darling, open your eyes." She beamed with anticipation.

Toby carefully opened his to see the pair of swim trunks. He tilted his head back to look up at Fluttershy then looked up at Rarity. "Are these for me Auntie Rarity?" As he looked at the trunks with a big bright smile.

Rarity giggled at his happiness, and nodded. "Of course they are for you darling." She decided to lay down on all four legs, and look at him with a warm smile. "I was thinking you could wear them in the tub at the spa, if that is okay with you though."

Toby swallowed shyly. "I would like to come Auntie Rarity, but I never really been to a spa before." He lowered his head a little bit as Fluttershy rubbed at his shoulders with her forehooves, and leaned her head down to nuzzle at his cheek.

"It is okay sweetheart, me and your Auntie Rarity will be there with you. I promise you will like it, and the spa ponies who work there will be very gentle with you, okay sweetie?" Giving him a reassuring smile.

He blushed, and nodded as he looked up at the two mares. "Okay Momma and Auntie Rarity, I will come." Speaking softly as Fluttershy gently scooped him up on her back as Rarity levitated the swim trunks back into her saddlebags, and placed them on her back. The three exited the cottage as Angel Bunny saluted them off, and closed the door. They made their way toward the spa.

As they arrived at the Ponyville Spa, Toby could see it was a castle-like, and tent-like structure. It had a sign with a pale green background with a white pony with a golden mane, and tail above the door. The three carefully entered as Toby was getting a little nervous never being to a spa before.

"Hello, and welcome to the Ponyville Day Spa where we make your welcome as relaxing, and comfortable as possible." A cyan furred pony with a bright pink mane, and tail greeted the three visitors with an Eastern European accent. She had deep royal blue eyes, and for her cutie mark she had a lotus flower. She spotted Rarity who was a regular customer. "Oh, good afternoon Miss Rarity." Giving her a nod of her head.

"Hello Lotus Blossom darling. I would like to have my usual, but first may I introduce you to my little nephew." She turned to look at Toby, but he was under Fluttershy's mane. Rarity frowned a little, and trotted beside Fluttershy, and spoke softly. "Come on precious, there is no need to be nervous. Please come, and meet my good friends who work here at the spa."

Toby peeked out from under Fluttershy's mane as he saw Rarity had a foreleg reached out for him to take. He swallowed deeply, and gently took her hoof, and Fluttershy leaned down on her forelegs for him to climb off. Rarity smiled down at the child, and patted him on the back gently as she lead him to Lotus Blossom.

Rarity gave her a soft smile. "Lotus Blossom, I would like for you to meet Toby." She leaned her head down to speak to Toby. "Toby darling, I would like for you to meet Lotus Blossom she is one of the wonderful beauticians who work here."

Lotus smiled down at the small child and knelt down all four legs. "Well, hello there Toby. My, you sure are a cute little guy." She giggled, and reached up a foreleg to rub at his arm. "You don't have to be nervous around me. It is a pleasure to meet you."

Toby blushed, and smiled softly. "Thank you Miss Lotus Blossom. It is good to meet you too." He bowed his head respectfully.

Lotus Blossom smiled softly at the little colts politeness. "Well, aren't you just a very sweet, and polite gentlecolt as well. You don't have to call me Miss though little guy." She replied giving him a wink. She turned her head. "Hey Aloe, come meet Miss Rarity's, and Miss Fluttershy's new little friend." She turned back to Toby. "Don't worry little guy, Aloe is gentle just like me, so you don't have to be nervous around her either." He nodded.

Suddenly another earth pony came trotting into the lobby. She had a light pink coat, a sky blue mane and tail, the same deep royal blue eyes as Lotus, and an aloe plant as her cutie mark. "Yes Lotus." She looked at the two mares, and waved. "Oh, hello Miss Rarity, and Miss Fluttershy." She then looked down at the small child in front of Lotus. She knelt down on all fours.

"Aww.. and who is this little cutie pie?" She asked causing Toby to blush. She reached up with a foreleg to rub at the other arm of Toby's.

"Aloe, this is Toby, he is Miss Rarity's nephew, and." She looked up at Fluttershy.

"Oh, he is my son. My precious little one." She smiled along with Rarity at the two spa ponies giving caring attention to the little colt.

"Aww.. well it is nice to meet you Toby. My name is Aloe, and welcome to the Ponyville Spa." Giving him a wink, and warm smile.

Toby smiled softly, and nodded. "It is good to meet you too Miss Aloe."

Aloe blushed and smiled at the little colt. "Aww.. there is no need to call me Miss, you little cutie. Just call me Aloe." Giving him a wink.

The two spa ponies then stood up carefully as the looked at the two mares. "So the regular for you Miss Rarity?"

Rarity nodded. "Yes darlings." She smiled at the two as they lead the way as Fluttershy came, and gently scooped Toby up onto her back. Rarity smiled at the little colt. "Don't worry Toby, you will enjoy it here, I promise." She reached up, and rubbed at his back with a forehoof as the three followed the two spa ponies.

As the entered into the spa from the lobby Toby looked around with his mouth agape. He saw that it was much bigger inside that it appeared outside, at least to him. To is right he saw two sets of bath one being tubs with water, and the other two which appeared to be mud baths. To his left was three lounge chairs where ponies laid to get massages, and hooficures. Mirrors lined the walls on the left of the spa, and in the center of the inside was a big round tub.

Toby looked up at the two spa ponies, and gently asked. "Lotus Blossom, and Aloe, is there somewhere I can maybe change into my swim trunks?"


They turned, and smiled down at him. Aloe spoke up. "Of course little cutie. Please follow me." Rarity levitated his swim trunks out of her saddlebags, and gave them to him. He gently took them, and followed Aloe.

"The Jacuzzi is already nice, and warm for you Miss Rarity, and Miss Fluttershy." Lotus Blossom said as she gently spread a couple of lavender, and aloe beads into the tub for the water to become more relaxing.

"Thank you kindly Lotus Blossom." Rarity bowed her head as she, and Fluttershy climbed up onto the deck, and climbed into the tub. "Mmm..that feels oh, so nice." She turned to Fluttershy. "What do you think Fluttershy dear?"

"Mm.. um.. that does feel nice Rarity." The pegasus smiled softly as both mares laid back against the inner walls of the Jacuzzi.

Toby came out of the bathroom dressed in his swim trunks, and he looked to see the manes of Rarity, and Fluttershy at the top of the tub. He walked around to ascend the deck. The two mares smiled warmly at him.

"Well, you look absolutely adorable darling."

"Do you need help getting in sweetheart?' Fluttershy asked, and Toby nodded. She turned, and reached up with her forelegs, and gently grab Toby from underneath his arms, and very slowly lowered him into the Jacuzzi. Toby stood just tall enough above the water as he came up to his mid-chest.

"Oh, that feels nice Momma, and Auntie Rarity." As he stood on the bottom of the tub letting the warm wash over him. He gently walked to the edge of the tub to stand up against. "Mm.. it feels like the warm baths Mommy used to give me." He sighed softly as he closed his eyes at the relaxing water.

Rarity and Fluttershy smiled at the little colt. "I knew you would like it precious. Lotus Blossom, and Aloe always makes sure their customers have a relaxing time here." Rarity giggled lightly.

The three sighed softly as they sat in the Jacuzzi for a while.

After several minutes of relaxing in the tub the three carefully climbed out with Fluttershy gently lifting Toby out, and helping wrap around his small form. The mares wrapped a towel over their manes, and robes around their forms. He smiled up at her as the three descended down the stairs of the deck, and Rarity led them to the lounge chairs.

Rarity smiled at the little colt. "Now Toby, Aloe, and Lotus Blossom are just going to tend to your hands and feet. They are going to give us a hooficure. Don't worry though darling, they are very gentle when they do it." Giving him a reassuring smile as she trotted to a lounge chair.

Aloe volunteered to help with Toby. She trotted toward him as he laid down on the lounge chair of his choosing. Aloe gave him a warm smile. "Don't worry little cutie, I will be as gentle as possible." She reached up and rubbed at his arm to comfort him. He nodded, and gave her a soft smile. She trotted to his feet. "Oh my, now don't you have the cutest little hooves I ever did see." She giggled, and very lightly tickled at the soles of his feet with a forehoof.

He laughed happily as the two mares, and Lotus Blossom smiled at him while Lotus Blossom was tending to Rarity, and another spa pony tending to Fluttershy.

Aloe got her hoof filer, and noticed a nervous look on Toby's face. "Oh, it's okay sweetie, this isn't going to hurt. I am just going to make your hooves smooth, okay?" Giving him a little nod, and he gave a little smile. She very gently held the filer between her teeth, and carefully started to file at Toby's nails. He swallowed shyly, but kept still as she was very gentle with him. She finished the first foot then moved onto the other one.

"There cutie all done. Now that didn't hurt, did it?" Asking sweetly as she gave him a soft smile, and wink.

He shook his head lightly. "No it didn't Aloe, thank you. It was nice, and gentle." She patted at his feet with her forehoof, and carefully trotted up to his hands.

She carefully lifted one hand, and looked at it. "Aw.. you even have cute little forehooves Toby." Holding it in her forehoof, and giving it a little nuzzle. She carefully moved the hand on her hoof where his wrist would sit, so she could file at his finger nails. He smiled at the carefulness she showed while tending to him.

After she got done filing the finger nails of the other hand she gave him a gentle pat on the shoulder. "All done with your forehooves now little cutie. Now, would you like for me to rub some lotion on your forehooves, and hindhooves to keep them soft?" He nodded as she gave him a soft smile, and went to retrieve the lotion.

When Aloe returned with the lotion, and started rubbing it on Toby's feet, and hands gently Rarity looked over as she was just getting her hooficure done. She eyed at Toby's little hands, and fingers. "Toby darling, if a lady may ask, how would you like to maybe give your Auntie Rarity a little massage? I bet those little fingers of your feels can give a good massage."

Toby looked over at Rarity, and blushed. He swallowed shyly. "I don't know Auntie Rarity. I am scared I might hurt you." He frowned.

Rarity sigh softly, and gave him a reassuring smile. "Aw.. don't worry precious, you won't hurt me. I know, how about Aloe shows you how she gives me, and Fluttershy a massage, and you can try. Does that sound like a good idea darling?" He nodded softly.

Aloe smiled happily at the little colt. "Okay little cutie just come over with me and I will show you." She helped him off the lounge chair, and he followed behind her over to Rarity who flipped over on her tummy onto the lounge chair. Lotus stood up on her hindlegs, and places her forehooves on Rarity's back. "Now just watch me Toby, and then I will let you try it." He nodded as he carefully watched.

Lotus Blossom was helping massage Fluttershy as well. Toby watched both of the spa ponies do their massages. They were gently pressing their forehooves into the mares' backs, and rubbing.

Aloe finished showing her massage technique with Rarity, and motioned Toby over. "Don't be shy little cutie, you can do it, I know you can." Giving him a wink as he carefully walked over to her, and Rarity.

Rarity smiled at the little colt as he stood beside her lounge chair. "It's okay precious, I know you will do a good job. Just relax, and try your best." Giving him a reassuring smile.

"Okay Auntie Rarity." He swallowed deeply, and placed his little hands on the soft and warm fur of Rarity's back. He started to gently rub at her back with his hands, and gently used his fingers to do like a kneading motion.

Rarity sighed deeply. "Mmm.. see there darling, I told you would do a good job. Mmm.. that feels nice Toby." He blushed, and carefully continued to rub at her back.

Aloe smiled warmly at the child, and rubbed at his back with a forehoof comfortably. "There you go cutie, you are doing a great job." He smiled, and nodded as he moved his little hands between Rarity's shoulder blades, and started to rub.

After a few minutes he finished rubbing Rarity's back. She turned to her side, and gently rubbed at his cheek giving him a gentle kiss on the forehead. "You did a wonderful job precious, thank you for that."

"You are welcome Auntie Rarity." He then looked over at Fluttershy. "Would you like for me to give you a massage Momma?"

Fluttershy smiled warmly and gently shook her head. "Oh, thank you very much sweetheart, but Lotus Blossom already did." He nodded, and gave a soft smile.

After spend a good while at the spa Rarity, Fluttershy, and Toby said goodbye to the two spa ponies. Rarity gave Toby a warm hug, and nuzzled the top of his head. "I had a wonderful day with you precious, thank you again for the massage. That felt nice, and I hope you enjoyed your time at the spa." Rubbing along his back.

He looked up with a bright smile. "I did Auntie Rarity. Lotus Blossom, and Aloe were very nice, and Aloe was very gentle with me when she tending to my hands, and feet. Thank you for a great day."

"You are certainly welcome darling. Anytime you want to spend the day with your Auntie Rarity, all you have to do is let me know, okay?" He nodded as she gave him one more kiss on the forehead. She looked at Fluttershy, and gave her a hug with a foreleg around her neck. "I had a wonderful time at the spa with you as always Fluttershy."

"Yes, it was good and relaxing. It was especially good to spend the day at the spa with my precious little one." As she looked down at the child, and lifted him up on her back.

Rarity smiled at the two. "Well, until tomorrow darlings, I shall return to the boutique." She waved a forehoof as she trotted away pulling the wagon of gems with her magic. Fluttershy, and Toby returned the wave as she turned to trot toward their home.

*At Canterlot Castle*

Celestia was watching her sun slowly set as Luna came galloping into her bedroom. Tears was streaming down her face. She saw her sister out on the balcony, and trotted out to her. "Oh, Tia I just got done collecting the memories of Toby's father, who is now locked up in the dungeon, and they are horrible."

Celestia laid a wing over Luna, and leaned her head down to nuzzle at her cheek. "Shh.. calm yourself dear sister.. Shh." She stroked along Luna's back feeling her calm down. "Shh.. that's better. Now show me what you saw in his memories." Giving her a soft smile.

Luna nodded. "As you wish Tia, but I warn you it is heartbreaking." Celestia touched her horn with Luna's and a white light started to glow around them.

*Several minutes later*

Celestia had tears streaming down her own cheeks. "Oh dear." She clenched her eyes tightly, and opened them again in an angry expression. "Luna, I shall write our fellow princess, Twilight Sparkle to inform her, and her friends to come tomorrow. This child deserves to know the truth, and deserves to hear the truth from this monster." She gave Luna a warm hug. "Thank you for showing me dear sister, I know it was hard for you to."

Luna allowed the last of tears to fall. "Yes it was Tia, but I understand. Our young friend does deserves the truth, but I just hope it won't be too much for his little heart to take." Giving her older sister a sad smile.

Celestia nodded in agreement. "I know Luna, but with all of us being there for him, I believe he can withstand this horrifying truth." Bowing her head respectfully. "Now I shall take my leave sister, and go to bed. Before I do, I shall write Princess Twilight. Spike should be back in Ponyville right now, so she should get it by morning."

Luna nodded as she took her place on the balcony as Celestia trotted into the castle. "Goodnight Tia." Luna spoke softly as she turned to let her moon rise.

"Good night dear sister." Celestia replied as she trotted to her sofa, and started to write her letter to Twilight.

Author's Note:

Well, my dear readers, the final three chapters are on their way. A truth, a dark secret, and a tragic memory from James shall be known in the next chapter.

PreviousChapters Next