• Published 6th Mar 2013
  • 21,573 Views, 1,447 Comments

A New Home - APoeticHeart



A young human child abused by his father wishes to live in a new home, and wishes for someone to love him.

  • ...
65
 1,447
 21,573

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter Nine: A Talk With Luna (Edited)

Celestia's sun rose majestically against a sky blue canvas, occupied by a few white fluffy pillowy clouds. It casted a blanket of warmth, and comfort over the land of Equestria. As it glistend through the windows of Canterlot Castle, it blanketed the small sleeping form of the human child who captured the heart of Princess Celestia, Princess Luna, Princes Twilight Sparkle, her friends, her family, and the many ponies of Canterlot and Ponyville.

The door to the guest bedroom in which he was sleeping quietly opened as Fluttershy gently trotted in. She carefully trotted over to the bed, and watched the sleeping colt's small form raise, and fall from his small breaths. She smiled warmly at him, and bent her head over to gently nuzzle at his cheek.

"Toby sweetie, it's time to wake up." She gave him a gentle kiss on his forehead.

He yawned softly, and slowly blinked his eyes open looking through his eyeglasses. He smiled warmly at her, "g-good morning F-Fluttershy."

"Good morning little one, did you sleep well last night?" She reached up with a forehoof as she sat on her haunches, and lightly stroked along Toby's arm through the covers.

"Y-yes. I didn't have any b-bad dreams." He smiled warmly as she stroked at his arm.

"Well that is good sweetie." She leaned her head over to nuzzle at his cheek. "Are you hungry? Applejack is in the palace kitchen preparing breakfast for all of us." She smiled warmly at him.

He nodded. "Y-yes.I am a little h-hungry." He gently reached up and uncovered himself as Fluttershy reached up to assist him.

She smiled softly at him, and stood up on all four legs, and turned her side toward the bed for him to climb on her back. He smiled softly at her, and carefully climbed up on her back, and hugged her neck lightly. She smiled at him, and kissed the top of his head as she trotted out of the guest room.

Fluttershy, and Toby arrived at the ballroom which was nice and clean. The princesses, and the others minus the CMC, and Spike were all seated in a big circle on red velvet pillows with gold frill. They smiled warmly as the two entered. The CMC, and Spike left the celebration to go back to Ponyville for the fillies to attend school the next day, and for Spike to tidy up the library when Twilight returned.

Celestia spoke softly. "Good morning my dear Fluttershy, and young Toby. Please come take a seat."

Fluttershy nodded as she trotted up to a space between Rarity and Pinkie Pie. She carefully laid down on a vacant pillow tucking her legs underneath her. Toby gently climbed off her, and sat down on the pillow between her, and Rarity. Fluttershy bowed her head to Princess Celestia. "Thank you princess."

Toby smiled softly up at Celestia, Luna, and around at everypony. "G-good morning e-everyone." He spoke softly.

They all smiled warmly at the little colt as Applejack came trotting into the ballroom with pulling a cart filled with plates of hearty breakfasts. She began handing out the breakfast plates to everypony.

Princess Celestia, Princess Luna, Twilight, Rarity, and Fluttershy each had a dandelion sandwich with freshly made apple cider. Pinkie Pie decided to eat a large sized cupcake she saved from the celebration with some milk, Rainbow Dash had a salad of lettuce leaves, water chestnuts, and finely sliced carrots with apple cider as well.

Applejack carefully trotted over to Toby with his plate in her teeth and gently set it in front of him with a fork and knife.. "Howdy there Toby. Ah' made you some haycakes with some freshly made apple juice. Ah' hope you enjoy little feller." She smiled softly, and tipped her hat while she had the same thing.

Toby's stack of haycakes were made of two with a pat of butter and some syrup. He carefully picked up the fork and knife to start cutting at the haycakes which were soft and warm. He dug his fork into some, and took a bite. He smiled softly as he could taste the warmth of the haycakes, the sweetness and smoothness of the syrup and butter blended all together.

After he swallowed his first bite he looked up at Applejack who sat across from him between Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash. "Th-thank you A-Applejack. I like these. Th-they taste like pancakes that my m-mommy made for me for breakfast." He reached for his cup and took a drink at the applejuice. "Mmm..a-and this taste like the applejuice my m-mommy gave me to help me go to sleep at night i-if I had a bad dream."

Applejack smiled warmly at him "Aww..well, ya are quite welcome sugarcube. Ah' am happy that ya like them." She went back to eating at her haycakes.

As he was finishing his breakfast after a few minutes, Toby looked around at the group of ponies, and smiled a little. "They are so nice to me. Maybe my wish came true, but I wish mommy was here." He thought to himself as he lowered his head, and starting shaking.

Everypony noticed this which Rarity spoke up first. "Toby darling, what is the matter?" She untucked a foreleg, and reached up with a forehoof to rub at his back turning her head to try to look into his eyes

Fluttershy did the same by unfolding a wing, and stroking at his back, and looked at him with a concerned look on her face as long with the others. "Yes Toby sweetie, is something wrong? You can tell us, we all care about you, and want to help you." The others nodded in unison.

He started to sob, and shake heavily as he looked up at the group, and toward the princesses. "C-could I maybe*sniff* g-go out on the balcony *sniff* P-Princess C-Celestia *sniff* and P-Princess Luna?"

Celestia looked at the little colt, and nodded speaking softly. "Of course my dear."

Toby nodded and looked at the others with tears in his eyes. "I-I am s-sorry." He carefully got up, and gently backed away from the group, and walked in the direction toward the balcony. As he walked onto the balcony he folded his arms, laying them on the rail, and buried his face in them crying heavily.

The ponies all saw this from their point of view, and looked on sadly. Fluttershy was starting to stand up when Princess Luna gently lifted a forehoof. "My dear friend Fluttershy, would be okay if I go speak with young Toby?"

Fluttershy nodded, "um..of course Princess Luna." She smiled a little and looked out at the balcony at the crying child.

Luna gave her and everypony a warm smile as she lifted herself up on her legs, and turned to carefully trot toward the balcony.

Toby was standing at the rail looking out at Canterlot, and the land of Equestria. He watched as Celestia's sun stood against the sky blue canvas. "I-I miss you m-mommy, and I-I am sorry!" He said to himself as he lowered his head again with fresh tears pouring out of his eyes.

Luna carefully trotted up to the little colt, and gently spoke. "Toby dear. Is it okay if I join you?"

Toby jumped a little, and turned around to look up at the dark blue furred alicorn. "Y-yes *sniff* P-Princess Luna *sniff*. I-I am sorry for *sniff* being mean to you, *sniff* and the others." He lowered his head in shame.

Luna frowned down at the child, and took a step toward him and laid a wing over his small form. "Shh...no dear one, you have nothing to be sorry for. We all understand so don't ever think you were being mean to us, okay Toby?" She looked down at him with a soft smile.

He looked up and nodded. "O-okay *sniff* Princess Luna." He reached up with an arm to wipe at his tears. "I-I just miss my m-mommy." He turned his back toward Luna slowly. "If she wasn't on her way to pick me up from school, she will still be here. It is all my fault!" He closed his eyes tightly, and shook again with heavy sobbing.

Luna gently reached up her foreleg, and rubbed at his back. "Shhh...no dear Toby, you must stop blaming yourself for the loss of your mother. It was an accident, and you didn't know." She thought of something, and gently lowered herself on the balcony floor tucking her legs underneath her to be at Toby's level placing a wing over him. "Let me tell you a story little one, okay?"

Toby nodded, and wiped at his tears again. "O-okay *sniff"."

Luna took in a deep breath as she looked up at sky. "A very long time ago when my sister, and myself were ruling Equestria, everything was peaceful in all the land. All of ponykind treated each other with love, respect, and friendship." She lowered her head and frowned. "Until one day I allowed myself to be consumed with hate."

Toby looked to see her frowning, and watched her with a concerned look as he listened to her story.

She lifted her head back up to look at the sky, and continued. "As Goddess of the Night, I wanted it to be nightfall in Equestria forever, and wished for the sun to never return." She looked down at the little colt who was sitting down on his flank with his legs curled up close to himself with his knees up to his chest as she sat gently up against her under her wing.

He looked up and nervously asked. "P-please don't be mad P-Princess Luna, b-but w-why?"

Luna gave a soft smile, and gently nuzzled at the top of his head. "Dear Toby, don't be afraid of asking me a question, I am not mad. You should never apologize for asking a question." She made a long sigh. "You see little one I wanted the sun to disappear forever, because during the day all of ponykind would enjoy the sun playing, having picnics with family and friends, or working hard outside. When nightfall arrived, they did not enjoy the moon, but went to sleep when it would come out after the sun would set."


"One night when I raised the moon I refused to let it set when it was time for the sun to come. My sister tried to reason with me that Equestria needed both the sun and the moon to strive, but I wouldn't listen. That resentment ate at my heart until I turned into a dark sorceress known as Nightmare Moon." She let a tear shed as she lowered her head.

Toby watched with deep concern, and spoke softly.

"P-please don't cry Princess Luna. " He looked up with a soft reassuring smile.

She smiled warmly down at him. "Thank you dear Toby." She sighed heavily as she lifted her head back up. "With the powers of the Elements of Harmony, my sister had no choice but to banish me to the moon for one thousand years."

Toby looked up curiously, and asked "T-the Elements of Harmony Princess Luna?"

She nodded softly at him. "Yes little one. There are six, the Element of Honesty, the Element of Generosity, the Element of Loyalty, the Element of Laughter, the Element of Kindness, and the Element of Magic. Together they make the Elements of Harmony, and help protect Equestria from danger and darkness." She sighed deeply as she continued with her story. "After spending one thousand years on the moon, Nightmare Moon decided to avenge her defeat at the hooves of my sister by returning to Equestria, and taking the throne."

Toby looked up at her as he listened intently, but with fearful eyes.

She noticed his look and smiled softly. "Don't worry dear, she was unable to. My sister called for her most loyal, and trusted student at the time, Twilight Sparkle to retrieve the Elements of Harmony and present them to five other ponies, five friends to help defeat Nightmare Moon. They were successful, and I was able to break free from Nightmare Moon's grasp. My sister gave me the gift of forgiveness, and I was able to reunite with her to rule over Equestria along her side once again."

She looked down at the colt. "You see dear one, although I tried to overthrow my sister as ruler of Equestria as Nightmare Moon, she was able to forgive me after I turned back into myself. She is my sister, my family, and family will always be there to forgive you, love you, and help you in life when you make a horrible mistake." She lowered her head, and gently nuzzled at his cheek.

He nodded solemnly, and asked, "d-do you think my mommy forgives me Princess Luna for her being gone?"

Luna looked down with a small smile, and gently asked. "Well, dear, if a princess may ask, do you think your mommy forgives you?"

Toby nodded. "Y-yes."

She smiled softly asking with the same gentle tone. “And why do think she does forgive you?"

Toby smiled up warmly, "b-because she loves me, and she would tell me that it was all an accident. She would tell me to stop blaming myself, because she loves me and she is always with me in my heart."

Luna nodded, and gave him a gentle kiss on the top of his head. "That is right dear Toby. I truly am sorry for the tragedy that fell upon you with losing your mother, and for the way your father have treated you by blaming it on you." She smiled softly, and gently spoke "Toby dear, I would like to tell you something, okay?"

Toby nodded, and looked up softly. "O-okay Princess Luna."


She sighed deeply, and looked down at the little colt. "As Goddess of the Night, I am able to listen to the hearts of all ponies in Equestria. Well, I heard a particular wish from my friend Fluttershy."

Toby smiled up softly "O-oh, what did she wish for Princess Luna?"

She smiled warmly. "Well, she wished to one day have a young colt or filly, son or daughter, to call her own that she could come to love and care for." She sighed deeply. "With my time on the moon, I was able to listen to the hearts of other ponies from different lands."

Toby swallowed nervously. "E-even humans Princess Luna?"

She noddedl. "Yes little one, even humans. Well, four nights ago I heard a wish from the heart of a young colt, and I could sense he was very sad. Would you like to know what he wished for Toby?"

Toby nodded a little nervously. "Y-yes, please?"

Luna smiled warmly. "He wished to have a new home to live, and a new family who will love him."

Toby looked up with widened eyes. "Th-that was my wish Princess Luna. I-I wished for a new home, and new family, because my daddy was being, so mean to me."

Luna nodded. "Yes dear one, you are the colt who I heard make that wish. So with deep concentration, I used my magic to envelope you in a warm glowing light, and brought you here to Equestria. Yet I brought you here, and placed you at the base of a tree at the entrance of a wooded area, we call the Everfree Forest."

Toby nodded, and looked up at Luna softly speaking. "Th-then Fluttershy found me, d-didn't she?"

Luna nodded and smiled warmly giving him a light nuzzle on his cheek. "Yes she did little one. You see dear Toby, she bears the Element of Kindness. She treats all creatures no matter how big or small, and no matter what species, with the kindest of hearts." She sighed deeply. "I believe her wishing for a colt to call her own, and you wishing for a new family who will love you, that you and Fluttershy were meant to find each other."

Tears started to form in Toby's eyes. "W-we were Princess Luna?"

"Yes Toby sweetie, we were meant to find each other." He heard the voice of Fluttershy who was standing at the doorway leading out to the balcony. She trotted carefully up to him, and laid down next to him, and Luna as the others along with Celestia stood in the doorway.

"Me, my friends, and Princess Celestia have been talking Toby...and..um..if you would like to..um..we all would love for you to stay in Equestria, and be apart of our family." She smiled at him, and gave him a gentle kiss on the top of his head, and laid a wing over his small form.

Toby choked back a couple of tears, and asked gently "R-r-really?"

The others trotted out onto the balcony they all sat in a circle with Celestia taking her place beside Luna.

"Of course darling. You are the most precious little colt I have ever met, and you gave me inspiration for something new to do with my fashion." Rarity said gently as she looked over at the child with a warm smile.

Toby asked softly. "I-I did?"

Rarity nodded. "Yes you did darling. You know that gold gem that I sewn into your outfit there? Well, I have been thinking about doing custom dresses and suits for ponies who want something special to them sewn into their dresses and suits."

Toby smiled softly, and blushed at the fact he inspired Rarity.

"Yah sugarcube, Ah' would love for ya to stay, and Ah' know Applebloom would be happy if you stayed. Ah' could introduce ya to the rest of the Apple family when we have our annual Apple Family Reunion." Applejack said with a soft smile.

"Yea kid, I know Scoots would like for you to stay too. You could go on those crusading adventures with her, Sweetie Belle, and Applebloom. Also, if you would like to someday I would take you for a ride that you will never forget." Rainbow smirked softly, and flapped her wings proudly.

"YAY! If you stay little wittle Toby, we would have whole barrels of fun! We could have parties everyday! We could play any games you wanted! Have sleepovers a Twilight's! Have picnics together!" Pinkie Pie couldn't hold her excitement at the thought of Toby staying that she cartwheeled around the group.

Toby couldn't help but laugh happily at Pinkie's antics.

"PINKIE!!!" Everypony shouted, except for Toby who stayed in unison.

"UUH...YOU PARTY POOPER PONIES!" She said sticking her tongue out.

Twilight rolled her eyes, and looked over at the little colt with a soft smile. "Toby sweetheart, if you do decide to stay, you could come, and borrow any book you would like from the library. I have all sorts of books that I know you would like. Also, I could maybe show you some of my magic if you would want to see."

They all smiled warmly at the child as Celestia was the last to speak. "Toby dear, myself and my sister Luna would be honored if you would stay as well, but the choice is yours. We will support you with either decision you make young one."

Toby looked around at everypony and swallowed deeply. "W-well, I would like to live here, b-but.." He turned to Fluttershy with tears in his eyes. "F-Fluttershy, would you be mad at me if I called you m-momma?"

Everypony gasped quietly as Fluttershy had tears of her own. "Aww..Toby sweetie, no, of course not I will not be mad at you if you called me momma. Are you sure though? I don't want to take the place of your real mommy." She stroked at his back, and shoulders with her wing.

Toby looked up into her sky blue eyes. "Y-you won't replace her Fluttershy. I-I know she is with me in my heart. Y-you could be my second mommy. P-please Fluttershy, can I call you m-momma?" He carefully stood up and gave her a warm hug around her neck.

Fluttershy couldn't hold her tears any longer as she allowed them to happily shed. "Aww..Toby sweetie, of course you can call me momma." She sat up on her haunches and brought him into her forelegs in a warm hug. "My precious little colt, my precious little Toby, momma loves you!" She felt him shake with sobs in her embrace, but could tell he was happy.

Toby spoke between sobs "I *sniff* love you *sniff* too momma!" They hugged each other which felt like eternity as the others just looked on with warm smiles, and tears of happiness in their eyes.

Luna gently spoke at Fluttershy who held Toby in her forelegs. "Well, my kind Fluttershy, it looks like your wish has come true. Young Toby, it looks like your wish has come true as well."

Fluttershy nodded with her head on Toby's shoulder as she looked up at Luna. "Yes Princess Luna, it has. I have a colt to call my own, and I promise to always love him." She moved her head to kiss the top of his gently.

Toby very gently unwrapped his arms around Fluttershy's neck, and turned toward the princesses, and the rest of the ponies. "Y-yes Princess Luna, and Princess Celestia, m-my wish has come true. I-I love my new momma, and I-I love you all, my new family!" He cried happily as the others gently gathered around the little colt and Fluttershy in a big group hug.

"We love you Toby!!!" They all said in unison.

Celestia looked over at her sister with a warm smile in which Luna returned. "It looks like Luna, that we got to get some special duties done that are required to welcome this young one to Equestria for good."

Luna nodded "I believe so sister." Her and Celestia slowly stood up, and not wanting to disturb this warm moment quietly trotted back into the palace.

With Celestia's sun shining warmly upon the kingdom of Canterlot, it shined brightly upon the six friends, and the new addition to their circle of friends and family.

Author's Note:

This might seem like an ending, but I promise it isn't I wanted this to be a talk with Luna, but it just evolved while I was working on it, and I wanted Toby to finally call Fluttershy momma. Don't worry, more chapters will be ahead. Working on Chapter Ten in my head. Thank you all for your support, I truly appreciate it.

PreviousChapters Next