• Published 6th Mar 2013
  • 21,582 Views, 1,447 Comments

A New Home - APoeticHeart



A young human child abused by his father wishes to live in a new home, and wishes for someone to love him.

  • ...
65
 1,447
 21,582

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter Twelve: Nightmare (Edited)

During the night Toby whimpered quietly while tossing, and turning in the big, soft bed of Fluttershy's. He couldn't get those cruel words of Diamond Tiara's out of his head. He curled up tightly in a ball with his legs curled up to his stomach, his knees meeting his chest, and covered his head with his arms, and hands. He started to tremble like a leaf underneath the bed covers.

While trying his best to sleep, Toby began to dream, but found himself in a place void of any light or sound. A shiver ran down his spine as he stood looking to see if he could see, or hear anything, but was unable to. "Wh-where am I?" He whispered softly to himself out of fear. As he looked around the space of blackness he could see it start to ripple all around him, and he closed his eyes afraid what may happen.

Carefully he opened his eyes as he looked to see that he was outside of Sugarcube Corner. "This is where Auntie Pinkie lives, but why am I here?" He thought to himself as he carefully walked up to the steps where could hear a couple of voices through the door. He quietly stood at the side to see if he could tell what they were saying.

"Pinkie dear, we knew that colt was trouble when he first set hoof in here." Mrs. Cake's voice was the first to speak. "Don't go blaming yourself, you were only trying to cheer the little colt up, and this is how he repays you."

"Yea Pinkie, try to calm down." Mr. Cake was next to speak. "I know, how about myself, and Cup Cake go fix you something to eat, will that cheer you up?"

Toby frowned as he could hear Pinkie lightly sob. "Thank you *sniff* Mr. and Mrs. Cake, I would really like that alot."

"Alright dear, we will fix you something good. Just forget about that bad little colt." Mrs. Cake told Pinkie as she, and Mr. Cake went into the kitchen.

Feeling concerned for Pinkie Toby lightly knocked on the door.

Pinkie wiped at her eyes with a foreleg and turned to trot to the door. "Coming." She spoke with her joyful tone, but Toby could sense something was wrong. She opened the door, and looked down. "Oh, it's you." She said sternly. "What are you doing here?"

Toby shook at her tone, and asked worriedly "A-Auntie Pinkie, wh-what's wrong?" He looked up to see that her mane, and tail were straight, and not at their usual puffiness.

She glared down at him with her brows furrowed in anger. "Auntie Pinkie? AUNTIE PINKIE!? How dare you call me Auntie Pinkie after they way you lied to me, and everypony else!" She yelled down at the little colt causing him to tremble.

"Wh-wh-what do you mean A-Auntie Pinkie?" He asked nervously as he took two little steps back.

Pinkie stomped her hoof in front of him causing him to jump, and fall down on his flank. She stood over him leaning her head down to him. "STOP CALLING ME THAT YOU LITTLE WITTLE LIAR!" She looked at him with pure disgust.

"After all me, and my friends have done for you to make you feel welcomed in Equestria, you repay us by lying to us?! Princess Celestia told us about how humans mistreat animals, especially us ponies." Toby just curled up trembling with tears in his eyes as Pinkie stepped forward with a forehoof on each side of him. "Some of the ponies where you live, are taken to birthday parties, and are used to give little mean meanie pants like yourself, rides as they trot in circles over and over. I thought parties are suppose to be fun for everypony, but not the ponies where you live. Their legs are worked until they cannot continue, and their backs are worn out from carrying both little wittle and big mean meanie pants."

Toby tried to speak "B-b-but A-Auntie P-Pinkie, I..."

"I SAID STOP CALLING ME THAT! I AM NOT YOUR AUNTIE, AND I WOULD NEVER BE ONE TO SUCH A LITTLE MEAN MEANIE PANTS LIKE YOURSELF!" Her voice got louder which caused Toby to cover himself in with his arms and curl up tighter under her forelegs. "NOW GET OUT OF HERE, OR I WILL SHOOT YOU OUT OF HERE WITH MY PARTY CANNON!"


Toby sobbed, and quickly crawled out from underneath Pinkie, and down the porch of Sugarcube Corner. He was, so afraid to stand up that he crawled on his hands, and knees until he bumped into something. He looked up to see a cyan fur-covered foreleg. He slowly looked up into the magenta eyes of Rainbow Dash.

"O-o-oh A-Auntie R-Rainbow Dash." He hugged at her foreleg. "A-Auntie Pinkie is.." He felt Rainbow kick off with great strength that he started to roll backwards until he crashed up against Pinkie's forelegs. He looked up trembling, and tried to stand up, but Pinkie held him down with her forehooves.

"Auntie Rainbow? Sorry runt, I won't ever want to be an auntie to such a weakling like you." She said down with an evil smirk.

"B-b-but A-Auntie Rainbow, i-it's me T-Toby" He looked up at her with wide, and fearful eyes.

"I KNOW WHO YOU ARE, BUT YOU ARE NOTHING TO ME, BUT A LIAR!" Her voice got as loud as Pinkie as she glared down at him with Pinkie holding him in place. She trotted slowly up to the two, and lowered her head down to look into his eyes with her brows furrowed with the same angry look as Pinkie.

"Here I am trying to show you a good time by giving you a ride up to take a glance of my home of Cloudsdale, and show you a few tricks, and you repay me by thinking of me as a fool! I know how the ponies who are fast where you live are treated." She glanced up at Pinkie for her to let go of Toby, and she placed her hoof on his small chest pushing him to the ground.

"OW! Hu.hu..A-Auntie Rainbow, p-p-please.."

"BE QUIET!" She added a little bit more pressure on his chest his chest, which he whimpered. "You humans like to force ponies to show their speed off by running around in circles, and racing to see which one can beat the other. Now, I love to race, but I don't have to carry anypony on my back to do it. Those ponies where you live have to run with you riding on their back, and are pushed to their limit where they stumble, and fall at times." She lowered her head down to him her breath hot against his face. "Never will I give you a ride again you little monster, and be made a fool of."

Toby trembled under Rainbow's hoof as she looked down at him with an evil grin. "I'll tell you what. Since humans like to race us ponies, how about you, and me have a race. From here to Sweet Apple Acres. If you beat me, I will be forgiving, and let you ride me when you want to. But if I win, you have to let me ride on your back as you run around Ponyville." She lifted her hoof up his chest. "NOW GET YOUR FLANK UP AND LET'S RACE!"

"Hey, hey Rainbow can I race him too? We can both race him?" She looked at Rainbow Dash with an evil grin as Toby coughed as he slowly stood up. Rainbow nodded at Pinkie. "YIPPEE! Tell you what you little wittle meanie, if you beat the both of us, we will be nice to you, and I will even bake a delicious chocolate cake. But if I win *poking at his nose with a forehoof* I get to ride on your back as you trot around in circles." She looked down at him evilly. "Okie dokie lokie, I'm ready." Rainbow, and Pinkie stood on each side of Toby.

Toby trembled as he stood looking up at the two intimidating ponies. Rainbow looked over at Pinkie "You know what Pinks, I think we should give the little runt a huge head start, since he is such a weakling." Pinkie nodded in agreement. Rainbow placed a forehoof on the frightened colt's back, and shoved him. "Get going runt, we don't have all day!"

Toby swallowed nervously at Rainbow Dash's tone, and began running toward Sweet Apple Acres. "Why are they doing this?" He thought to himself as tears started to pour from his eyes. He was running along the dirt path toward Sweet Apple Acres trying to calm his tears, but was unsuccessful.


As he approached the farm he saw a barn, and decided to run to it. He reached it and ran inside to hide. "Please don't find me" he thought to himself. He could hear their voices nearing.

"Where did that little runt run off to? Did you see him Pinkie?" Rainbow asked frustrated in not able to find the little colt.

"Nope, sorry Dashie. That little wittle liar must have hid somewhere. Don't worry though silly, we will find him." Pinkie said evilly, and giggled.

Toby trembled as he started backing away from the door until he bumped into something. He tilted his head back to look into the green eyes of Applejack. "O-oh A-Auntie Applejack, p-p-please help me. A-Auntie Pinkie and A-Auntie Rainbow are trying to...auh." Applejack shoved the little colt backward making him land on his flank.

"Hush up now you low down little varmint!" Toby looked up with fright as he crawled backward to end up bumping into something as he looked up to see Rainbow Dash, and Pinkie Pie both standing over him. Applejack trotted up closer to him, and peered down at him with an angry look.

"Now don't be a'calling me auntie, because Ah' wouldn't ever want to be to a no good liar like ya!" Toby couldn't help, but tremble against Rainbow's forelegs with tears flowing down his face as he looked up at Applejack. "Ya saying ya love us, but being the Element of Honesty, Ah' can tell a rotten apple from a good one, and ya feller are rotten. I know how you humans make us ponies where you live, pull heavy loads on our backs. Ya make us plow yall's fields, so ya can plant y'all's crops. And what do we get in return? Nothing, but more heavy loads to pull."

Toby just covered his head, and face with his arms curling up in the fetal position crying hard.

Applejack went over to a stable in the barn, and grabbed a lasso. "Now hold still there little feller. We are going to take you to the others, so you can see how they are affected by your lies." She trotted up and started tying the lasso around Toby's ankles with the long end, and places his arms through the loop, and tightened the lasso to keep him secured.

He tried to beg "P-p-please A-Auntie Applejack, p-please sto.." He was silenced as Applejack placed an apple in his mouth.

"I said hush now! Rainbow put him on my back." Rainbow smiled evilly down at the now tied up Toby, and scooped him helplessly in her forelegs, and placed in on Applejack's back. "Next stop Twilight's!"


Rainbow hovered in the air as Pinkie hopped, and Applejack trotted toward the Golden Oaks Library with Toby tied up on her back, and stuffed with an apple to silence him. They all walked up to the door of the library, and knocked.

"Coming." Twilight spoke from inside, and opened the door. "Oh, hey girls." She looked at Applejack's back at the tied up colt. "Oh, I see you brought a special guest with you, please come in." She said with an evil grin.

"Howdy Twilight. Yup, this little varmint is going to feel how we all felt when he lied to all of us." The three girls entered the library, where Rarity was waiting inside.

"Hello darlings." She giggled as she saw the frightened little colt on Applejack's back. "Oh, well, isn't he just adorable all tied up, and helpless." Rarity grinned mischievously.

Applejack stood sideways in the center of library, and bucked Toby off, and onto the floor with a thud. He whimpered, and looked up at them all standing above him with tears in his eyes, and trembling out of fear. Applejack removed the apple from Toby's mouth as he closed his mouth with his lower lip quivering. She left him tied up in her lasso.

Twilight lit her horn up, and surrounded the helpless little colt in her magic with a purple aura. "Now Toby, you just listen, and don't speak, do you understand?" As she used her magic to squeeze at Toby making him whimper, and he sadly nodded. "Good. Now we are very disappointed in you for lying to us. We have done nothing, but show you love and care, and you repay us by lying to us by telling us you love us in return."

"B-b-but I do lo....gah.." Twilight squeezed at him with her magic.

"I TOLD YOU NOT TO SPEAK, DIDN'T I!" Twilight took a deep breath. "No, you don't love us. You humans don't care about us ponykind, nor any animal. I know how you humans get an animal, a pet, and treat them badly by leaving them outside in the hot sun on a summer day without food or water, or let them freeze in the cold of winter." She shook her head down at him "AND YOU WANT TO SAY YOU LOVE US?!"

Twilight stepped aside to let Rarity speak next. Toby looked up at all of them in fright and trembling. Rarity trotted up him, and used her magic to just lift the back of his shirt up a little bit. She reached out with a forehoof and stroked up, and down his small back, but more roughly than she usually does.

"Ah..that feels very nice you little monstrosity. You know, I could use your furless coat as a new material for clothing."

Toby trembled, and his eyes widened with fear. "A-Auntie R-Rarity, p-please hel..." Rarity used her magic this time to squeeze at his small form.

"Tsk..tsk, it is very rude to interrupt a lady little darling." She looked down at him trembling, and stroked at his head. "That mane would look marvelous as a nice warm hat." She lowered her head down to him as he trembled and tears shedding down his cheek. "You are a very naughty little colt, because I have discovered that humans use the fur of animals for all sorts as clothing. Tsk.tsk.tsk, and I thought you were different." She gave him a little squeeze with her magic making him whimper.

There was a knock at the library door. "Come in." Twilight called out to the guest, and came trotting in was Fluttershy.

She looked at the girls with a soft smile "Um..hi girls." She saw them all standing around in a circle.

Toby recognized the soft voice as Fluttershy's. "M-Momma, p-please help." He cried.

Fluttershy trotted between Applejack, and Pinkie Pie to see the little child tied up and crying. "Oh...my." She turned toward Applejck. "I hope he wasn't too much of a bother."

Toby swallowed deeply, and trembled at the Pegasus who took him in, and adopted him just said.

"Naw, it was very easy sugarcube. The little varmint didn't put up a fight." She made a proud smirk.

Fluttershy smiled a little evilly, and trotted around in front of Toby looking down at him. "Hello there Toby sweetie." She said with a very low, and disturbing tone.

Toby's lower lip quivered as he looked up at her trembling in his restraints. "M-M-Momma?" He asked choking back, sobbing.

Fluttershy glared at him angrily, and raised a forehoof and brought it down across his back. "HOW DARE YOU! HOW DARE YOU, YOU LITTLE MONSTER LIE TO ALL OF US ABOUT LOVING US! I WISH I NEVER HAVE FOUND YOU, AND TOOK YOU IN!"

Toby lowered his head, and face into his tied arms, and shook with sobs, unable to speak.

"THERE IS NO TELLING WHAT YOU WOULD HAVE DONE TO MY PRECIOUS LITTLE ANIMALS IF I DIDN'T GET APPLEJACK TO TIE YOU UP, AND BRING YOU HERE TO TWILIGHT'S! I KNOW HUMANS LIKE YOU EAT MEAT, WHICH MEANS YOU ARE EATING DEFENSELESS POOR LITTLE CREATURES! HOW DARE YOU! WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?!" She brought her forehoof up again, and struck at his back.

Toby yelped at the second strike trembling like a leaf as they all just stood over him smiling down evilly at him.

Fluttershy reached down to finally untie him from the lasso, but still spoke with her loud angry tone "NOW YOU GET YOUR LITTLE FLANK OUT OF EQUESTRIA AND OUT OF MY LIFE YOU LITTLE MISTAKE! NOW I CAN SEE WHY YOUR DADDY DIDN'T WANT YOU, YOU ARE JUST A BLUBBERING BABY, AND YOUR MOMMY'S ACCIDENT WAS YOUR FAULT!"

Toby was unable to speak as he backed away from the six mares, and ran out of the library. As he ran out he found himself back in the same black space he found himself in to begin with. He looked around trembling uncontrollably. As he frantically looked around until he found a warm blue glow which was moving toward him.

He just laid down, and curled up shaking with sobs. "P-p-please d-dont h-hurt m-me." He covered his head with his arms, and clenched eyes shut.

He felt something soft over his back, but was afraid to open his eyes. "THOU YOUNG ONE, I DEMAND YOU OPEN YOUR EYES NOW!" Toby trembled at the voice and looked up to look at the intimidating figure of Princess Luna.

"I am afraid young one, that I have made a mistake. A mistake of bringing you here to Equestria!"

Toby sobbed heavily as he shook his head. "N-no, no, no.." Suddenly he shot up in the big soft bed of Fluttershy's panting heavily. "Diamond Tiara was right, I don't belong here." He thought to himself lowering his head to let his tears fall.

He swallowed deeply, and carefully climbed out of bed. He quietly walked over to the dresser in Fluttershy's room, and gently picked up the picture of him, and her together on the day she adopted him. "I-I am sorry M-Momma that I am a mistake." He hugged the picture close to his chest for a little bit before putting it back down.

He then walked over to the chest in front of her bed, and quietly opened it. He looked for the little royal blue jacket with his mommy's locket sewn into it and put it on. He carefully shut the chest back and then walked to the staircase to very quietly descend it. He quietly walked down into the den to see Fluttershy sleeping peacefully on her red velvet lounge.

He tip-toed toward the door, and turned to see her one last time. "I-I love you M-Momma." He quietly whispered as he sobbed, and opened the door to walk out. He hugged the jacket closely around his small form, and walked down the pathway to the right and headed for the dreaded Everfree Forest.

Author's Note:

I hope I didn't go too dark with this chapter.

PreviousChapters Next