• Published 24th Mar 2013
  • 430 Views, 7 Comments

Flawless Execution - Volcash



A murder mystery party goes horribly wrong when the host actually gets murdered. The seven party guests have to find out who the murderer is before it's too late.

  • ...
 7
 430

Alternate Ending

Alternate Ending

Vinyl, Bonbon, and the Doctor went around to the back of the house and found the stairwell to the basement again. They opened the door and gazed into the shadowy void, then slowly ventured down into the depths of the house.

The white deejay turned on the light with her magic, and the bulb showered the dark room with light. They found Alvin in his same spot, impaled through the neck, with his cutie mark carved into his chest, still glistening red with blood that had not had time to dry.

Vinyl came up close to the dead composer to make sure he was actually dead, and the light suddenly shut off. Vinyl screamed, and then went silent. The two earth ponies fumbled to find the light switch and turn it on. When it came back on, they saw Vinyl leaning up against the wall, blood dripping down her entire body. Shards of records were stuck into her and the wall next to her, with one particularly large shard lodged into her chest. The pair of ponies went over to her and Bonbon took the record out. It was large enough that the title was visible in the center: Another One Bites The Dust.

The beige candy maker turned to Doctor Whooves and began screaming. “How could you?”

Doctor Whooves sported a mildly confused expression. “I have no idea what you’re talking about!”

“Oh, please. You can drop the charade now, Doctor. Everypony else is dead!”

The brown stallion took a step back and pointed an accusing hoof in Bonbon’s direction. “I don’t know what you’re trying to pull, Bonbon, but I’m not taking the fall for you!”

“Just admit you did it.”

“No, admit you did it.”

“No! Admit you did it!”

Octavia leaped from behind a pile of crates, still blue in the face, clutching something in her hooves. The object connected with the back of Doctor Whooves’ head, smashing his skull and spilling his brains on the floor. “Time’s up, Doctor.” Octavia stopped moving, and Bonbon noticed that the object in her hooves was an hourglass, which clattered to the floor. “Five down, one to go.”


Bonbon’s eyes widened as she stared down the murderer. “Octavia? I knew it! You’ll never take me!” She galloped towards the door, but Octavia was faster. She stood between Bonbon and the door, and slammed it shut. The gray mare trotted back to the crates to get something, and Bonbon tried the door. She seized the doorknob with her hooves, but she was unable to turn it. Bonbon cursed the dead unicorn that owned this house. She survived watching ponies die horrible gruesome deaths, including her own wife, and now she was about to be defeated by a doorknob.

Octavia came back on her hind legs, grasping a steak knife between her front hooves. The frantic beige earth pony prepared herself for a fight. “You may have killed everypony else, Octavia, but you’ll never get me. I can take you.”

“Maybe you can,” the cellist replied. “But can you take us?”

Suddenly, Bonbon was wrapped in a bright white light, and she floated up into the air. Vinyl stepped away from the wall, brushed the record fragments off of her, and walked toward the terrified pony. Bonbon struggled to free herself, but her limbs could not escape the force of Vinyl’s magic.

The magic aura shifted around Bonbon, and the front half of her body lifted up. Vinyl’s magic pinned Bonbon’s back to the wall behind her, and forced her legs down by her sides. Octavia approached her helpless victim with the knife.

“No! Please! Have mercy!” Bonbon shrieked.

Octavia rolled her eyes. “Vinyl, be a dear and shut her up.”

The glow around Vinyl’s horn flashed brighter for a brief second. Bonbon’s lips morphed into a zipper and zipped closed. The deejay started breathing heavily as the magic aura around her horn flickered. "Can you hurry it up, Tavi? I'm not sure how much longer I can keep this up."

Bonbon's cheeks swelled as she vainly attempted to continue her pleas. Octavia took the knife in her hooves, and cut the straps of Bonbon’s dress, sending it sliding off of her frame and down to the floor; exposing her naked body and allowing Octavia to get a good look at Bonbon’s ribcage. Tears burst from the candy maker’s eyes as she whimpered her last futile attempt at drawing sympathy from her deceased wife’s bitter rival.

Octavia thrust the knife between Bonbon’s ribs and through her heart. With her last dying breath, Bonbon let out a deafening screech. Then her eyelids shut for the last time, and her body went limp. The white aura around her faded as she plummeted to the ground, where a pool of blood had already begun to form.

Vinyl panted wearily as she looked down at her dress, which was in tatters thanks to the records, and was soaked in fake blood. “Well, this thing is ruined.” She placed a hoof under the hem of her dress, and slid it off of her body, revealing a Kevlar vest surrounding her torso.

“Now there’s only one thing left to do.” The gray earth pony slung Bonbon’s corpse over her back, followed by the Doctor and Alvin, and headed for the door.

Vinyl opened the door for her wife with her magic, and went back into the house while Octavia headed for the edge of the estate. Octavia dumped the bodies over the cliff into the sea as Vinyl arrived with what were once Blackball, Curtain Call, and Lyra on her back, as well as Octavia’s cello case in her magic aura. “Man, the crazy things I will do for you.”

The rain had washed all of the blue makeup off of Octavia’s face, and it had regained its original color. She took the instrument from her wife, slung it over her back, and smiled at the pile of corpses on Vinyl’s back. “Those ponies on your back caused everything that is wrong with my life. Drop them off of this cliff, and I can finally start over.”

Vinyl walked to the edge of the cliff, and shrugged the three corpses off of her back into the ocean.

Octavia put a hoof on Vinyl’s cheek, and turned the deejay’s head toward her own. She planted her lips onto her wife’s, and lingered with her in the rain for a few moments. Tears of joy gushed from the cellist’s deep purple eyes as she watched her worst enemies’ dead bodies drift out to sea. “I can never thank you enough, Vinyl. Now let’s go home.”

Octavia directed her wife to a spot where the cliff wasn’t quite as steep, and led her down towards the ocean. The gray earth pony produced a small orange object with a pull cord from her saddlebags, and pulled it with her teeth. The life raft inflated as Octavia tossed it into the water. She climbed into the raft and gestured to the white deejay. “Shall we?”

Vinyl joined her wife in the small boat and took a seat. Octavia removed a retractable metal oar from her bag, and paddled around the gate to the mainland. The couple then found the road and set off for Las Pegasus, then Ponyville, then their new life.

Comments ( 2 )

2314890 All I'm saying is, that this story probably would've gone off better as a multi-chapter, with more details.

Honestly, this story is actually pretty good. The killer isn't what I was expecting and the characters are actually fleshed out pretty well. I enjoyed it!

Login or register to comment