• Published 5th Feb 2013
  • 1,271 Views, 57 Comments

Behind Her Purple Glasses - Lyca



"There's a reason I wear these..."

  • ...
5
 57
 1,271

You are my Sunshine (Not Octavinyl, sorry))

The cool autumn air drifted in through the small crack in the dusty window, and the last rays of sun glistened in the colt's teary-eyed expression, for he knew her time had come. His little filly had been sick for years, and a few weeks ago she had been stricken into bed.

Nopony. Not the doctors, nor the zebras could give any knowledge on why this was happening. She had been examined by both magic and science. Even Celestia herself had come to visit at one point, but she had given up hope. Maybe she would finally get to see her mother again.

Oh, how she ached to see her mother; a mare whose face was only a vague memory. But it was her father whom ached most. Her father, the stallion who had given up everything to marry the pegasus of his dreams. He had forsaken his noble bloodline and renounced his name, all for that same mare that had mothered the worthless yellow filly who lay dying before him, her breathing shallow and laboured.

As the fiery yellow orb was being laid to rest, Ochre sang, for the first time in many years.

"You are my Sunshine..."

Golden eyes opened to gaze up at the pained face, remarkably bright for somepony so weak.

My...Only Sunshine,"

A tiny yellow hoof reached to grasp the worn out brown of her father's, and a small pained voice made a nearly silent, happy sound before her eyes closed once more.

"You make me h-happy, When skies...are grey."

He closed his eyes in a pained expression and inhaled a shaking breathe of the cold air as the small foal rested her head on her pillow, soft orange locks crowning her smiling face as a tear rolled down it.

You'll never know, dear...How much, I love you...

His words were for both the little replica before him, as well as the long lost mare he loved, and as the hoof holding his loosed, the tears flowed freely down his grizzled and greying snout.

Please dont take my Sunshine away..."

By now her color had faded, leaving her bright yellow coat with a dusty looking pall, as if an old shade of paint, and as Sunshine Songs exhaled her last breath in a blissful sigh, Ochre let out a sob.

His head fell to rest on the limp pony before him, and his red mane, riddled with grey hairs, covered his wet face. His little girl was free from the sickness that had for so long hindered her, finally able to fly; so why was he so sad? After all, she would get to see her mother again, and there was no pain in elysium.

Perhaps, it was the sad truth. That he wished to go with his daughter. He had nothing left now...He had denied his family, and the two lights of his life were gone, leaving an empty house. He could not live here, not without them.

Kissing Sunshine's forehead, Ochre stood. "I'll be there to guide you soon, little one..." He left the room, and closed the old oak door behind him, the starry night softly illuminating the room.

...And so, I have informed the morgue. They will be here to pick up our bodies soon. I'm deeply sorry Brother, that I never got to say goodbye. Was written on the note found the next morning, next to a hanging corpse, the soul already departed.

Author's Note:

This is just a short thing I needed to write. Its a test.

Comments ( 3 )

aww man, make my feelz go all sad and stuff.

3101908

I KNOOOOOW!!!!!!:raritycry:
I'm just having a bit of trouble finding the motivation to do anything other than play with my new garter snake!:fluttercry:

Login or register to comment