• Published 4th Feb 2013
  • 3,208 Views, 168 Comments

Dead Space: Through the mind of a Necromorph - XenoJohn



What happens when a necromorph finds a way back to the world of the living?

  • ...
18
 168
 3,208

Haunted by Killers part 1

Hunted By Killers part 1

Blunty was having second thoughts about him joining this mission, his squad members were jumped by a bunch of Slashers, Wasters and Feeders. Which was very frightening that the fact that the necromorph attack wiped out nearly all of their group leaving only WheelJack, three engineers and himself.
It was shocking what necromorphs can do in groups.

The Stalkers, whom he hated the most, and feared to put it in that view. The Stalker that attacked him looked hardly like a pony, or what the others looked like. Its hooves were like feat and hands all with sharp claws. Its face and head were deformed and mutated and it had no eyes just empty eye sockets. Its ribcages was open showing no organs but its stomach.

What’s more, he doesn't know how to kill it if it runs up and knocks him down then runs away. He really doesn’t know anything about necromorphs except to cut off their limbs.
"Maybe I could find a shuttle and leave this frozen hell hole." He mumbled.
Blunty was still thinking to himself whether he should leave or continue. But if he leaves he'll abandon his friend

WheelJack. Blunty and WheelJack were great friends. Blunty was loyal and trust worthy. So was WheelJack. They met seventeen years ago before EquestrianUnitedForces started putting Necromorphs in different areas, which occurred three years after they met.
That’s when the necromorphs were sent into territories.

One of them was the EverFree Forest. Ever since a Marker grew there, the UnitedEquestrianForces decided to put Necromorphs were Markers are located. They sent many groups of Necromorphs into 'Necromorph Territory v.1'. The EverFree Forest.

The Necromorphs began to mutate there, turning them nearly into plant life creatures.

Some would be similar to fly traps or trees. Some necromorphs would have small branches on their bodies. Some would have leaves, vines, or any kind of tree bark growing on their bodies.
There are borders of where territories are placed.

There are other Necromorph territories such as Ponyville. Ponyville has some non-infected life but the population is dropping by extreme numbers due to suicide, homicide, necromorph infection, strange paranormal activities, paranormal electronics, as well as other creatures that even the Necromorphs themselves are scared of.

In the Crystal Empire there is no life whatsoever, all but necromorphs. There was an outbreak started there in the first place and a Marker in their city that started it all, due to a failure in a Marker testing lab of some sort.
To this day no one knows what caused the failure to happen.
But the cold was also getting on Blunty's nerves.

'Sweet Celestia its cold, I've should've brought an arctic survival suit with me...Damn it WheelJack' Blunty thought.

Blunty started to hear a thumping sound as if a head was smashing itself on a wall. Blunty's spine started to crawl with fear, aiming his flashlight and plasmacutter, Blunty was ready to meet whatever comes at him.
The more he trekked down to find the noise the more louder it grew.

Blunty could hear a skull cracking as the thumping continued.

Blunty pointed his flashlight toward where the noise came from. It came from a lone stallion hitting his head on a beat up pipe. His health bar was completely black, his back showed his left rib cage due to the decaying body. He wasn't wearing any clothing but the health bar.
His left hoof was torn off and he was holding it on his right hoof. He had ice around on some parts on his body, most of his body appeared to be frozen.

The look made Blunty jump and gasp at the stallion.

The stallion stopped hitting his head on the pipe he paused for a moment and turned to Blunty.

The stallion grew a confused look out of Blunty's scared expression. The stallion's face had his right eye missing, the rest of his looked perfectly fine.

After a moment of silence the stallion spoke.
"Hey buddy you alright? You've looked like you've seen a ghost." Spoke the possibly dead stallion.

Blunty was mildly disturbed by the stallion's behaviour. The way how the stallion spoke so calmly like how a friend would say if you were scared by something.

Blunty tried to muster a word but he was just frozen in his horror.
The stallion shrugged at Blunty, "Well I don't know what’s wrong with you then," He began. "Guess I'm just a little crazy in the head." The stallion twitched.

He turned around back to the pipe and thrashed his head hard enough to crack open a skull, The hit killed him instantly, the body slid down the pipe leaving a trail of blood.
Blunty's jaw dropped, and felt like he wanted to vomit.

But he was just silent like the horror that lay in front of Blunty's back legs. His thoughts couldn't think of anything to be thought. His voice couldn't say anything to comfort Blunty's sanity. Everything in Blunty's mind just stopped, he didn't breathe, he didn't move, he didn't speak, he didn't think.

The only thing he could just do is watch the stallion's act of suicide.
A stalker's cry for hunger made Blunty jump back into reality. Blunty's helmet covered his face and aimed his plasma cutter.

A stalker must've followed him, it would make sence hence the name of necromorph is called 'Stalker'. Probably it was desprate for a good kill is why it had followed Blunty.

Where it followed him wasn't Blunty's concern. Blunty was still in stalker territory and this place is perfect for stalkers to hunt him down, he didn't know if he was the one who was about to have his body parts devoured by a walking corpse or the one who killed a undead creature who seems to play mind games with its food.

Either way one of them is going to die.

***

WheelJack was having memories of this place he used to work at. He could remember the scientists that were always at the research lab researching about who knows what. He remembered there was field trip here with a bunch of fifth graders touring around the facility so long ago. That day was the most fun he had in years. He showed the class and teachers how medicalbots are programed and how stasis modules were engineered and used.

He remembered how he blew those kid's minds when he was the test subject of showing them if stasis were to be used on living beings. He felt very slow with everything around him and himself after the stasis wore off. It lasted for two hours straight! Then he felt like himself again.

He had many fun times here, mostly things were dull and boring, but there were fun and existing moments that kept him in his career for working for 'The United Equestrian Forces'.

He also worked with a very special friend. He felt like a brother to him when they met back when WheelJack was twelve years old. Back when his mother died of, you guessed it, some kind of uncurable disease. His father died in a military operation that went horribly wrong.

They were attacked by Unitolgist Soldiers who thought the operation was about destroying a marker. But in reality they were suppose to move the marker to 'The Church Of Unitology' since they had many requests from the church.

After the event he was picked up and raised by another stallion who had similar events that happened in his life, but without anyone dying.

After the outbreak started things changed.

"Why did things have to change?" WheelJack said to himself softly. "Pardon?" Said a young engineer.

"Its nothing...Its just depressing to go on missions like this," WheelJack replied. "Aye, seen some pretty fucked up shit am ah right?"

WheelJack noded in reply. "Well ah guess when ya do things that has fucked up stuff you'd wont miss em'."
WheelJack did nothing for a reply but to continue to walk though a dark path into memories and possible death.

The two followed their own path to who knows where just to capture two walking corpses and leave.
"So WheelJack, when do we find these necromorphs?" The engineer asked. "We find them when we see them, GearBolt."
"But how would we know? There are possibly a hundred or more of dem necromorph things waiting to eat our brains right now!"

WheelJack stopped walking and let GearBolt continue to walk until he realized WheelJack has stopped.
GearBolt stopped and turned back to face the green earth pony. WheelJack walked up to GearBolt as his helmet uncovered his face.

"GearBolt you signed a contract to go on these types of missions fifteen hours ago, the terms and convictions said you were going to go on life threatening missions which meant you can be killed if you aren't too careful," WheelJack began.

"I've been doing things like this for the past sixteen years after a necromorph outbreak that started from God knows what! And I'm tired of your running commentary about that we could be injured or killed. I've had this kind of shit happen to me!" WheelJack yelled at the young engineer.

"You were born in a time where undead corpses are now residents of a place called Equestria! During that outbreak I lost many people who I loved after the damn thing! I’ve seen people kill each other just to get away from those necromorphs twenty years ago. When I go on these missions it feels like I'm reliving that God awful moment if my life! And I don't want to hear you complaining about that YOU are too scared about fighting a corpse that wants to tear your limbs apart!"

The earthpony stopped yelling at GearBolt. After a moment of awkward silence GearBolt spoke.

"Well, WheelJack...Ah'm sorry to hear about all of this mate...Ah know it must be hard to go though all of em' necormorphs, but I didn't know you had an emotional connection to all of this. Sorry I pushed yer gears," The earthpony said.
"Ah'm just a little scared that's all..." GearBolt said oh so quietly as WheelJack gazed at him.

'Oh great, I made myself feel bad.' WheelJack thought to himself.

WheelJack trotted to GearBolt who was looking down at the floor.
"Hey kid, I'm sorry about me scolding you...Its just that...These necromorphs and all." Before GearBolt could reply to WheelJack a group of wasters came crashing through sevral air-vents close by.
"Waster!" GearBolt screamed. WheelJack Quickly turned to meet five to ten wasters coming out of air-vents sround the area.

WheelJack grabbed his plasma cutter and fired it, the wasters didn't even bother to stop even if a limb was cut off.
GearBolt had his plasma rifle with him but he wasted all of his ammo on the necromorphs outside.

The two ran away and the wasters followed after them. They didn't know where to run to but somewhere that had safty writen all over it.

The wasters were mindlessly speaking random words that didn't have any point of being said, GearBolt could still hear their chants, GearBolt desperately wanted to get out of earshot so he would not to be drivin to insanity by the waster's unnecessary words.

The walking abominations to the living kept chasing after WheelJack and GearBolt, some wasters would trample over each other of how crowed they are.

WheelJack aimlessly shot at the group of hungry wasters but he only made sevral headshots or missed. WheelJack pulled out a grenade, he hoped he had more than one so he put his luck on the line and armed the explosive. WheelJack stopped and threw the grenade, a flashing light poped up and the sound of ticking that came from the armed explosive.
WheelJack through the grenade as hard as he could, the flashing light made the wasters stop and chase after it and forgot all about the two earth ponies.

The grenade ticking grew faster as it hit the floor. The wasters dogpiled on the explosive as the ticking went faster and faster.
The grenade then blew the pile of wasters sending them flying around the area, some were killed when the explosion took off most of their limbs.

WheelJack and GearBolt paused and looked at the wasters, they hoped that it killed them all at once. Their hopes were chushed as sevral got up from the explosion, three of who survived had lost their upper half of their bodies and now there are three backbone like structures with spikes on it. The rest remaining either had no harm or lost their heads or a limb.

Of what was left of a hord of walking corpses stormed at the two earth ponies.
"WheelJack!" GearBolt yelled and cought WheelJack's attention.
"Theres our exsit!" GearBolt was pointing at a door with a sign saying 'Sector C level 1' the door was opening and closing with extream speed and sparks were flying out of i,t there were also no air-vents that lead to C level but WheelJack was unsure about GearBolt's idea.

"Are you crazy, look at the damn thing!" WheelJack protested.

"Ya idiot, ya have a fuckin' stasis module!" GearBolt screamed, the wasters were nearly at WheelJack, the walking corpses were slashing and destroying each other just to get at the two.

WheelJack raced to GearBolt and used his stasis module to slow down the malfunctioning door. They ran in C level one and the stasis wore off as soon as they entered.

The wasters stopped in their tracks one of them crawled under the malfunctioning door, but the necromorph was hit by the speed of the closing door, the crush killed it instantly before it could make it in half way through.

WheelJack wipped of the waster's blood off of his armor. Not much of it came off, it only made it more of a mess. WheelJack turned to GearBolt with awe.
GearBolt stared sliding down a wall, he had tears in his eyes and he was trying not to make his sobs audible.

"You alright?" WheelJack asked. GearBolt looked at WheelJack, his expression of sadness switched to hatefull anger. GearBolt quickly got up and puched WheelJack as hard as he could. WheelJack was knocked down from the hit.
"Do ah look alright to you!?" The young earthpony screamed. "Those, THINGS nearly killed me!" WheelJack got up to with a black eye.
"GearBolt I was like this... This happened to me the first time I-" GearBolt bucked WheelJack knocking him back to the ground, the earthpony's nose started to bleed from the force of the kick.

GearBolt was practily in tears by now, "Ah don't care about yer bullshit! Ah just wanna go home!" GearBolt started bursting with tears. The young engineer started sobbing as he went to his haunches.

WheelJack turned to face GearBolt crying like a young colt scared to death. And seeing GearBolt like this made WheelJack remember the moment when the outbreak started, he was in shock and awe, he was scared beyond belief, and he was crying like GearBolt is now.

WheelJack didn't know what to do; and what was he suppose to do? Tell GearBolt to get up and be a man? It would be harsh for WheelJack to do that to GearBolt in his state of emotion. GearBolt is seventeen years younger than WheelJack.

With a sigh WheelJack got GearBolt to look at him. "I think its best for you and to keep going. We'll stay alive if we don't run into another necromorph hord." WheelJack said.

GearBolt stood up and walked to WheelJack whiping a tear off.

"You'd better damn well make sure you don't fuck us up." GearBolt said grimly.

WheelJack sighed and they both entered the next room and none of them even dared to speak a word.

Author's Note:

I'm making this into parts because exams are tomorrow and I don't feel like going home after school write this chapter because it was a bitch trying to get home and do some homework or get a writer's block and even just not even go near the damn thing.

But this is what I can do by bitchslaping what I could and call it a chapter.

I wanted to make this as chapter 7 and a little longer for you guys to read. But maybe next time I'll do it.

Comments ( 17 )
Comment posted by XenoJohn deleted Nov 28th, 2013

It would be harsh for WheelJack to do that to GearBolt in his state of emoticon. GearBolt is seventeen years younger than WheelJack.

emotion.

I saw several other errors, but I don't have the time to go back and find them sorry. :pinkiesick: Doin' good so far, great to see you in the land of the living :pinkiesmile:

3548260 Ah well grammar nazis will be nazis:ajsmug:

And the land of the dead promised me cookies.

I got no cookie:fluttercry:

I can't believe the amount of stupid grammar mistakes...

3548919 Well...Not everyone is the best at grammar you know?:twilightsheepish:

3550072
You can always ask around for a proofreader

3550223 now I have two pre-readers!:rainbowlaugh:
Meh lets see what you can do:pinkiehappy:

I'll send you a chapter in another million years or so:twilightsmile:

3551470
Then I can say that your proofreaders are somewhat blind

3552544 nah it takes me a billion years to come up with a starting sentence:derpytongue2:
They didn't started out to have grammar mistakes *SADFACE*

You are making one of the most interesting fanfics I have ever read, I say please continue. Even with a few paltry mistakes you are skilled enough to have me waiting for the next thing coming, thanks for posting such a good story.
:raritystarry::pinkiehappy:

3568364 Oh stop it you X3
Favourite if you want to read more:pinkiehappy:

It also takes me a billion years to start a chapter and finish it but its worth a wait:twilightsmile:

3548404 south park the stick of truth. Product placement.. hilariousness ensues.

4210034 that was in the stick of truth???:twilightoops:

This had gotta be dead.

Login or register to comment