• Published 4th Feb 2013
  • 3,208 Views, 168 Comments

Dead Space: Through the mind of a Necromorph - XenoJohn



What happens when a necromorph finds a way back to the world of the living?

  • ...
18
 168
 3,208

Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Being kind to one another

As I stare at the mangled corpse of what was finally a feast, but I promised myself that I'll give some to Surprise.
But I continue to stare at the kill. I was satisfied yet honored to make the kill. It felt like a thousand years since I actually killed something. But it was actually two years.
I look at the blood stains on my body this time it was fresh blood. I have never nor was I able to clean the stains off.
Maybe it is because we don't need to do that type of thing.
I look at the stains on the walls then the floor.

It was clear enough to give a reflection off myself.
My fur is white, but whats left of it. I still have fur on me but I have places of my body that shows my muscle or insides.
Then I look at the refection and see my face. My eyes are black and light orange, my pupil is black, and my iris is light orange.

I look at were my teeth are, they are sharp as a ballistic knife. I have enough to tear off an entire hoof with them and rip off chunks of flesh.
And my mane is also black. and my tail doesn't seem to be there anymore.

And I still have that stupid security suit on. I don't remember how to actually take it off anymore.

But I guess I have to live with it.

Or just wait until I get my limbs cut off. That seems like a better way to say it.

Because I'm a walking corpse with spears on my hooves.

I continue to look at the pool of blood that came from the soldier who met his fate.
I used one of the talons on my hooves to drag the corpse with me.

I look at the lit candles I remember that they give light but. I don't remember what light was.
I guess sunlight is what I yearn for?

I don't know.

I try to figure out why, but every time I try its like something is preventing me to do so.

But I gotta get used to it.



I continue walking down these halls and as the darkness shines it's darkest on me as I drag the corpse and the lit candles kills the darkness as I enter their light but I still wonder which one's which.

I hear laughter and the sounds of a scalpel being stabbed into something. I could tell because I've heard that sound a dozen times.

I found were it was coming from and who or what was doing it.

I saw a grey mare with a white mane and tail and her eyes are green. I see pegasi wings but most of it were all broken and twisted.

Probably self-harm from the looks of it.

She also looked pretty nice even she is trying to kill herself, I also saw some cuts on her but not too many.
She was just stabbing herself with the scalpel in her stomach while laughing. It was disturbing but to me I just didn't find anything disturbing.

Her health bar is nearly red, it is close to it actually.
I got thoughts if I should just leave her to kill herself or. Help her?

I felt odd of thinking to help her. There should be no reason for me to do so but I just get that feeling that she doesn't need to end her own life.
And it would be pity if she died. Maybe there are things that need her? I don't know.

I just stare at her as she just mindlessly laughs and stabs herself trying to end her own life.
If she did end it sooner I'll see her with spears on her hooves and with a never ending urge to kill.

I've seen this happen more than once. You'd expect us just to go and kill them but they aren't worth it.
We call them the 'unholy ones', I think why they have an demented look on reality is probably they've seen way too much of what carnage that we make.

I think seeing such carnage could drive someone insane, that is likely why they have that behavior.

I let go of the corpse that I was suppose to be dragging. And I move a little closer to her.
As she just continues to laugh and stab herself, thrust after thrust as the bar on her back slowly depletes.

But still.

Should I just watch her kill herself?

Or try to do something for her?

As those thoughts race around in my mind I could smell her at her last speck of life nearly being taken by herself.

"Marker have mercy on me." I say in regret.
Before she could make her final thrust there was something stopping her from continuing it.

She started to take herself back to reality, after a brief moment she drops her smile that she was holding in her time of insanity and fate.
She looks at her stomach, I saw tears of pain come out of her eyes.
There is one big stab wound in her stomach, she looks at me I see fear quickly crawl into her.
She stares into my eyes and sees the insanity that lives within them.

She tries to muster a scream but to only to be a whisper. The tears of pain in her eyes turn into tears of sorrow and fear.

I remove the scalpel that she was holding and through it at the wall causing the blade to stick on there.
The mare tries to make a scream but yet again turns out to be a whisper.

The mare made another whisper but this time it was about the wound she had in her stomach.
I went to a medic cabinet and I struggled to get anything out of there.

Being a walking corpse has its disadvantages.
I finally got something out of there, the mare struggled to look at me as I walk closer to her.
I hand her a small med pack and some bandages for the wound.

She looked at me in confusion as I walk out of the room and drag the soldier's dead corpse.

"What is happening to me?" I questioned.

***

I scream and thrash my talons on a wall in anger as I show my anger to an object.

"Oh Marker No."
"What am I thinking? Having sanity, oh for marker's sake how dumb can a be right now? I laughed.

Being sane is what necromorphs look down upon. We gave up our sanity as we were turned to the insanity of life after death.


I look at the corpse of the soldier that I killed. It made slightly hungry but I already killed something, so I have no need to eat right now.
I then turned around to find a white mare with a yellow mane and tail with wings and a grin.

"BOO!" The mare said then was given a hoof to the face.
she flew to the wall and hit it hard.

Then I realized who I just hit.
"Wait...SURPRISE!?"

"Darn! So close! Oh well that's 3051 tries that failed....Now to plan for try 3052!"

"S-Surprise?" I asked in a speechless matter.

Surprise started twitching and moved left and right and headed in my direction like she usually does when she comes to greet me.

"Hey boss! Oh look a dead guy!" She said eyeing the corpse.

Before she could get a chunk of meat out I stopped her.

"Are we gonna play 'question surprise'? I love that game!" The twitcher squealed.

"But I thought, you were, I did, HUH?" Those were the words I can only say.

"Oh yeah...That," Surprise said.

"Well I was sad of what you said, so I laid around crying then walked around the place. Buut! I decided to try to scare you again! That always cheers me up!"

I just stud there...Completely speechless.
Surprise hungrily stared at the corpse.

I sighed and spoke to her.
"Just eat the damn thing I don't even care anymore."

Surprise squeaked in excitement and went to the corpse and started chomping away on whats left of it.
I looked at her as she chomped away eating like if there was no tomorrow.
It is hard to tell if there is a tomorrow in this wasteland.

She was so adorable. The way how she acted same with her behavior. The way how she smiles sometimes brings a smile on my face.
That twitcher was utterly adorable.


It appeared to be several minutes and Surprise is still mindlessly ripped out pieces of flesh from the dead solider and devouring it.

"Hey boss want some?" She said handing me the dead pegasus's back leg.

"No thanks I ate his stomach and lungs," I replied to her question of giving me a piece of flesh.

"Oh well, more for me!" With that the twitcher dived down and started devouring much flesh that she could eat.

"Surprise?" I began.

She perked back up with her mouth stuffed with organs and nodded.

"I stopped an unholy one from killing itself." Marker please forgive me.

Surprise's eyes widen and spat out the meat in her mouth. And looked at me in shock.

"You what!?"

"I don't know why I just-" Before I continued I looked at Surprise who was smirking.
I read the smirk and frowned.

"Don't talk Surprise...I've suffered enough." I said.
Surprise nodded but this time she just started looking around and enjoying her surroundings.
She started humming a small toon but I just left her be.

I made a quiet whisper that not even I could here myself speak.




Do I really have a heart?