• Published 4th Feb 2013
  • 3,206 Views, 168 Comments

Dead Space: Through the mind of a Necromorph - XenoJohn



What happens when a necromorph finds a way back to the world of the living?

  • ...
18
 168
 3,206

Chapter 1

Author's Note:

Edit:
I used caps lock nearly at the end of this chapter by mistake:ajsleepy:

Shit happens:rainbowwild:
And fixed some grammar mistakes too:trixieshiftleft:


Yes I added stuff and deleted usless sentences:trixieshiftleft:

Chapter 1

A Cold Welcoming

I move through these snowy wastelands of the ruins in the Crystal Empire with the blood of my victims stained all over my body that seems to be never able to wash of, and my mouth drooling with blood and the smell of rotten flesh which never seems to leave.

The cold wind that heavily blows on my dead skin that seems to blow for an eternity. And the freezing snow of the arctic of the Crystal Empire that helps make the cold wind even colder is numb to me. I never feel the freezing coldness of this frozen wasteland. It is like it is blind to my senses.
Even heat that will never enter the frozen deeps here that is nonexistent to this frozen wasteland. Heat is nonexistent to my senses as well.

Half of my senses are numb to me. The only thing that I feel is pain and nothing.
Mostly nothing. But I can still hear and see but pain is when I get wounded which I rarely do.

The Crystal Empire was once a nation with pride and power.
Now just a land of ghosts just like Equestria. I on the other hand wasn't from the Crystal Empire, I was just a regular earth pony until...The outbreak started...

I've just stumbled my way over here...About three years ago....I've been infected for god knows how long...

But God is dead...

I am not even close to their city. I'm in the mountains close to a military base, the base is about a half a mile away. The place is abandoned because of us necromorphs...
I mostly spend my time outside searching for food...
I haven't eaten in two years.

We eat so fast, we don't know how much we are losing our food supply...
I haven't eaten a single piece of flesh in two bucking years. Two years without food...I don't know how I am not dead from starvation...

Well I am half dead...Because I am a walking corpse called a Necromorph is why I am half dead.

Now I don't want to get too carried away now...I just want to find some food...

Hopefully find any food...

It is like always what we do. It is just like a basic rotteen, we spend our day hunting for food and eat...
It usually repeats itself constantly none stop. Actually it never stops.
We can't stop, we wont stop, we'll never stop.

They say many things about us

They say about us that we came from hell and to bring them down with it. Some say God had left us to burn and made things what I am to kill everypony.
Some say that they have been sinning too much and the reason why this outbreak started because everypony had sinned and their punishment is us...

All of that is a lie. Fake. A myth.
They have no idea what we are...

What we are is a kind of horror that can even bring the devil himself to his knees.

Why you may ask?

Just because of one harmless structure caused this outbreak to happen.
It is called the Marker, it was pony made and when it was found by voyagers they thought it was something holy and graceful. Then it became a religion.
But a religion needs followers.
Followers indeed.
Many joined to be apart of the religion called Unitology. It was named after when the Marker was founded and brought to Equestria.

But the Marker is not what the Unitologists think...

It is holy...

But not graceful...

It breeds necromorphs...

We brought Equestria to it's knees. They didn't even fight back until we nearly won.

And I have been infected along time ago...

God knows how long I've been infected...

But still...

God is dead...

Just a grunt is what I am...A normal slasher...A slasher is like how you call in the army, soldiers.
Indeed we are soldiers. All Necromorphs are. We are like a army fighting just to do what the Marker tells us to do.

The Pegasi race say that they are like soldiers...But we proved them wrong...

We used our forces against them and out numbered them from one hundred to one. There are still Pegasi roaming whats left of their godless world...

But I bet many of them are Necromorphs by now...

And whoever were gods that kept this world in peace and harmony had long forsaken that term.
This place is just a hell hole that death can come out from any corner. The meaning peace and harmony had died along time ago.
Even harmony is nonexistent to this world now.

Even the Elements of Harmony are either dead or Necromorphs...
But should we care?

No we shouldn't...
If they are then I welcome them as brothers or sisters of the Marker. I am welcomed as a soldier more than just brethren of insanity of life after death. We are all soldiers than brothers or sisters. And we will forever be soldiers of war.

Soldiers of a never ending war.

Just look at me talk about our race of insanity and horror. But whats not to like about talking about things that you enjoy?


I don't enjoy anything...

There is nothing that will bring me to care for anything at all. I hate every single soul that still breaths in this world of dead gods.

But I care for the Marker. It is what brought me to know what it wants...
It wants a new world were everything should go his way. And it should and must go his way.

And I even have one thing that I slightly care for...
She is like a friend. But she is a different breed of necromorph. A twitcher is what she is...

There are many different breeds of necromorphs. We aren't just one kind. We are a kind of many.
And there are groups of necromorphs. The group of a blood type who is which to be feared is the 'Worthy blooded'. That term means that they are a worthy child of the marker and make everything around them as they see fit.

And the group of a blood type who are treated as scum are called 'Young blooded'. A term used as a meaning young and childish, or useless and pathetic.The Young blooded are treated like if they meant nothing to the world.
It is a hard life for the Young blooded.

Sadly I am Young blooded...It is a hard life...Even with other Young blooded necromorphs.

We are treated if we were blanks who haven't found their special talent yet.

Even my friend is Young blooded...

But she is my only friend that I'll ever have in this doomed world.

So like everything else is. But they will all watch us in horror as we feast on their body, sanity, life and soul as their last breath exits their lungs and their final sight that they will see is the Marker.

And the insanity of life after death.


Again look at me talk all about this nonsense. I just need to find food that's all that matters.



As I continue to walk along the frozen deeps of the mountain as I try to get a hold of a sent of any creature worth eating.

I see something enter my line of vision from the heavy snow falling on my frozen dead skin.

I see a corpse lying on the ground.
I was filled up with relief as I ran to the corpse and inspected the body.

"Nothing..."
I said in defeat. It's stomach was opened some of it's organs are gone, but the remaining organs are frozen, just like the body. It looks like I can't even eat one piece of flesh of it without losing a tooth due too how hard the ice appears to be.

And the meat that isn't frozen had sadly rotten.

I got back up and move back to the facility close by. I have been walking nearly half a mile before I found the useless corpse.
I made an annoyed sigh and continued my way back.


My destination was slowly coming into my line of sights. I continued my walk and saw a necromorph lying on the ground.
It's limbs weren't missing so it can't be dead.
I decide to check it if it were dead from starvation.

I got closer to it. I started to inspect it. It had pegasi wings but it was mostly broken bone, It's fur was white and some of it's skin was missing from certain parts around it.

It's mane and tail was yellow and wiled. It still had it's cutie mark. Some necromorphs don't have it anymore. I still do it is a red lightning rod with two yellow swords in the back of it.

But this necromorph's one is three purple balloons.

Then it quickly got up and screamed at me.
"BOO!"

After it said that it was given a hoof to the face. It went airborne for a second, then once it made contact with the snowy ground it bounced up and down while still being mobile. It finally stopped, it got back up and started twitching and move side to side without moving it's backlegs.
It was quickly moving side to side and heading into my direction.

It got close to me and made a grin then spoke.

"HEY BOSS! I GOT YOU DIDN'T I!?"

I made another annoyed sigh then spoke to her.

"No Surprise you didn't. Like always you fail to scare me."

"COME ON BOSS I GOT YOU! Come on admit it I scared you!"

She was given another hoof in the face and moved two steps.

"Well...Maybe I failed again...But I'll try to do it. EVEN IT TAKES ANOTHER 3050 TRIES UNTIL I DO!"

I went closer to her and said.

"First Surprise, necromorphs DON'T fear! Second...Well you are insane and you are dumb as a rock,"

"Whats a rock?"

I moved my front legs to my eyes and said.
"ONE DAY! ONE DAY SURPRISE! Well did you at least get any food?"

"I'm not telling!"

"Why?"

"Because I want to know how if you found food!"

"If I do this will you shut up for the rest of the day?"

"Sure! Whatever you say boss!"

"I found a useless frozen corpse...And it is your turn to talk."

"OH I KNOW WERE SOME FOOD IS!"

My eyes widen, the idiot acutally did something.

Really? I asked.

"I FOUND IT INSIDE THE ARMY BASE! IT WAS A BLUE NONE INFECTED MARE! So I went to get you but I decided to try to scare you so I waited here until you came. And you did! So everypony wins!"

After she finished I stud forzen in place with disbelief.

"Hey boss, you ok?"
My left eye started twitching. Surprise took notice and started to act worried.

"Oh no I think I broke him again." The twitcher said.

I jumped on her and started screaming at her and started punching her.

"IDIOT! FUCKING IDIOT! YOU LEFT FOOD BACK IN THERE WHILE YOU HAD THE FUCKING CHANCE!"

"SORRY BOSS! IT'LL NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN I SWEAR!"

"OH YEAH!? WHAT ABOUT THE TEN THOUSAND TIMES THAT YOU FAILED TO DO ANYTHING RIGHT!? YOU COULDN'T DO A SIMPLE TASK JUST TO FIND FOOD!"

"SORRY! PLEASE DON'T KILL ME!! PLEASE!"
I got off her and slapped a hoof on my face in dissapointment.

Remind me why are we friends again? Because I forgot the reason why...

"We are friend because-"

"Don't answer that!
You couldn't do one thing right! All I asked is if we find any food if it were alive we'd kill it and meet back here! But you found one but No! You went to do your own damn thing and screw the whole thing up!"

Surprise looked at the ground and tears started to form. Even though we are necromorphs we can still have feelings. It doesn't mean we are a walking corpse doesn't mean we can't have any feelings. But the ponies who are alive can't hurt our feelings...
Only we can hurt each others. It is kinda confusing when you say it out lowed.

"Ok then if you feel that way about me then I understand...If you think that I am dumb and useless...Then I am not needed for you then...Even though you hate every single soul here and you hate mine...I want you to know that you've been a really good friend to me...And you've always been there for me. Whenever I am let down or nearly killed by Worthy blooded necromorphs you've been there and helped me in what ever problem I've been into. Even I let you down a lot..."
"I want you to know that you are a great friend to have a necromorph mare like me to have..."

She looked at the ground again and quietly started crying.

I looked back at her and went to her and started stroking her mane and softly smiled.

"Look...Sorry to hurt your feelings...I'm just all worked up on how high we are losing food...But you are a great friend, even though you let me down a lot...You are still my best friend..."

"Th-Thanks..." She said and started to smile.

"Now lets go find what you left in there and kill it...If that makes you feel better?"

"Yes that will make me feel a lot better."

"Then lets go...Don't want to let the others get it first."

"Yeah we don't want to let that happen..."

She got up and we started walking side to side.

Its been long since I killed something alive. But hopefully our target didn't die off.

Then what's the fun if your kill died off before you can get it?