• Published 20th Jan 2013
  • 2,725 Views, 41 Comments

Where Humans Don't Belong - WritingFromEquestria



A human is placed in a strange place called Equestria. shortly after, she meets a pony named Applejack.

  • ...
10
 41
 2,725

A Kiss Can Change

It's been a month since I've kissed him. Discord... My feelings for him have grown since the kiss. I walk by him nonchalantly, hiding it from him as best as I can. Our relationship hasn't changed, though. We're still only friends. I see the way he looks at me, his mismatched eyes shining in the sunlight, pleading for more than just friendship, which I don't think I can give him. I've had enough troublesome relationships with guys on Earth who've just tossed me over their shoulder in the end. I keep thinking of the many different ways that Discord, the God of chaos, could do the same.

--

I sit by the lake, sun bathing in the warm rays shining down from the blue sky. The clouds drift by lazily, occasionally being kicked by a Pegasus pony. I haven't bothered to go into town to meet any of the ponies yet, worrying whether they'll think I'm a monster like discord or not. the only time I was ever forced to go into town was when Twilight dragged me through there on a wagon to bring me to Fluttershy's cottage, and even then they gave me some pretty mean looks.

I begin sweating, the warmth of the sun beginning to be too warm. I look at the cool lake water longingly. I think about going to a swim, but reconsider. I've heard of Rarity, a unicorn who sews clothes. I haven't met her yet, but now I wish I had so she could've made me a swimsuit.

I decide to go in anyway, undressing into only my under garments. I carefully stick my foot in, wading deeper into the water with every step. As the water reaches my chest, I bent down to let it lap at my chin. I relax for a few moments, enjoying the cooling feeling of the water before swimming deeper into the lake.

"Having fun?" I hear a voice say. I can already tell who it is. I'd recognize that voice anywhere.

It's Discord. He must have seen me swimming from Fluttershy's cottage. I turn around to meet him, being careful not to rise out of the water, which is blocking the view from my under garments.

"Yeah" I say, still swimming around.

"Mind if I join?" He asks, hoping I let him.

"Of course" I say happily, but not too happily. I'm too shy to let him know my feelings for him.

He snaps his fingers, disappearing and reappearing next to me, lounging on an inflatable pool bed, wearing sunglasses and holding a glass of lemonade. i keep swimming, sticking close to where he's floating. Once I get tired, I swim over to his pool bed, putting my arms on the bed to hold me out of the water enough to let me catch my breath. Discord scoots over a bit, looking annoyed.

"You're getting me wet!" He complains, pointing at the water droplets left on the pool bed by my arms.

"Well excuse me, Princess." I say jokingly.

He looks over at me, even more annoyed now.

"Seriously, get off" he grumbles.

I look at him angrily. "You get off!" I yell, Pushing the pool bed over, Discord rolling off and into the water, his lemonade mixing with the fresh lake water. I burst into a laughing fit, struggling to keep myself afloat. His sunglasses float the the surface before he bursts out, looking more angry than ever.

He snaps his fingers, appearing dry and out of the water. He begins to walk back to Fluttershy's cottage, still fuming, and not saying a word.

"Discord? You're not really angry are you?" I giggle, still amused but starting to feel guilty.

He doesn't respond.

I swim towards the edge of the edge of the lake, not even bothering to get completely dressed again. I run over to him, hoping he's not too mad.

"Come on Discord, it was just a joke! You play pranks all the time!" I reason, hoping I don't make him even angrier.

"Yeah, but it's different when you do it." He complains.

"What, so now only YOU can play pranks, mister "In charge of everyone"?" I counter, just about ready to slap him.

"No, but you're a girl!" He grumbles still.

That's it.

I slap him across the face and go back to the lake and grab my clothes. As I walk by him again, I get a glimpse at his face, which is full of complete shock.

If he gets mad at me for getting him a little wet, I can slap him for using sexism against me.

I do my best to put on my pants as I walk back to Fluttershy's cottage, hopping on one foot as I slip the pants leg over my ankle, dragging it up to my thigh.

"W-wait!" He calls after me, being the one to apologize this time. He snaps his fingers to appear in front of me. I dodge him expertly, continuing to walk to Fluttershy's cottage, him following behind.

He walks beside me, trying to use his charm to get me to forgive him.

"You know i didn't mean that." He says seductively. "Lets just go back to the pool and have fun, hmm?"

I finish putting my shirt on, the embarrassment of being half naked in front of a guy setting in.

"No chance." I respond dryly, trying to hide any emotions from my voice. I begin to feel guilty, but decide it's the best way to teach him a lesson.

He grabs my shoulders this time, stopping me from walking any further.

"Really, I'm sorry!" He says, almost pleadingly. "I won't say it again!"

I look at him for a second, trying to decide whether to forgive him or not. I decide to forgive him, thinking he's learned his lesson.

"Okay, I'll forgive you." I say, getting an idea. "But on one condition. and you can't make it weird for me ok?" I ask, beginning to blush.

"...Yes, what is it?" He asks, getting curious.

"I want you to go out with me."

Author's Note:

Sorry if this chapter was fast too, I haven't had much time to draw things out.

Comments ( 1 )

Can wait until the next chapter!!
i.imgur.com/sUA33.gif

Login or register to comment