• Published 13th Jan 2013
  • 244 Views, 0 Comments

Bronies Beyond the Stars: Pirate's Plunder - Digital Spark



The story of First Mate Danne, who must step up when the ship is attacked by a vicious pirate gang.

  • ...
 0
 244

Chapter 4: Present

"And that's how I defeated the monster of Geatus-9."
The story had dragged on through another large portion of the trip. Alex, apparently, had been everywhere and had slayed various creatures. He had started to doubt the validity of the stories after he had told of how he slayed a creature that shot acid out of his eyes and had six heads. The rocks on the horizon had grown until they towered above the two. The gray smoke had become thicker. Up ahead, two dots show through the heat waves.
"Hey. Alex. What's that?"
The dots grow in size until their outlines form into two small land vehicles, barreling toward them.
"Pirates!"
He can feel Alex tense, readying for action. Magic grows in Dann's horn, waiting to be used on the thugs. Red lights fire from two cannons mounted to the sides. They hit nearby, scattering rock and dirt. They're almost upon them. He dives to the side as Alex sticks the trident out, spearing the first rider. The speared pony falls off the back as the bike skids in the dirt. His counterpart, seeing the first fall, tries to turn out of harms way. The bike skids and falls over, the rider losing his grip and rolling to the side. After sliding a ways more, it stops, leaving the rider face first in the ground a ways behind it.
As she tries to stand, she is lifted in the air by a magical force. The toughened pony struggles against the grip to no avail. A snap, and one of her legs stops struggling, and she utters a gasp of pain. The magic dissipates, and she falls to the ground, grasping for her wounded limb. Dann calmly walks over to the wounded mare and places his hoof over her neck. She looks up, no longer the tough brute on the bike. Her eyes, sad. Not the eyes of a killer. The eyes of somepony that has had a hard life. A life full of pain and suffering. The life he is about to extinguish.
"Do you want to finish her, or shall I?" Alex asks. "I will need my trident back."
He glares at the fish on his back.
"We won't kill her." He says in a no arguing voice."Now. Help me look through these bikes."
After a half hour of searching, they find that both the bikes are in working order. Attached to the bikes are two portable guns. There are two basic medical kits. They use them to bandage Dann's many cuts, and stint both his wing and the bandits leg.
"You have two choices." Dann says to the pony. "One. You come with us. Two, you take your chances in this desert."
She looks up, blinks, and responds. "I'll join you."
They set off, the mare on one bike with disabled canons, Dann and Alex on the other, each armed with a gun.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment