• Published 28th Dec 2012
  • 1,171 Views, 31 Comments

Dead cold - laradash



Dead Rainbow Dash, or DRD for short, gets an offer she can't refuse. She's conflicted though, as the target is someone she'd never dream to see, because it was herself.

  • ...
1
 31
 1,171

Chapter 3

P o n y v i l l e , O u t s k i r t s o f A p p l e O r c h a r d s , 1 : 5 3 P M , A p r i l.

Time, a pitiful thing. Something created by ponies, and something they're afraid they'll run out of.
And it was time. Time to do the deed. It was, indeed, terrible. Something a regular pony in this realm would never dream of doing. DRD couldn't imagine why. Since she was exposed to such a sight, it's all that's on her mind.

Dead Dash was waiting on the tree above the clubhouse, for Dash to come. Of course, everyone else had come early, and believed Dash to be making some sort of announcement. Since Dash was obviously going to be the last one to come, Fluttershy, Rarity, Applejack, Pinkie Pie and Twilight were making small talk.

-----------------------
"What do you think this is about?" Twilight asked the others, her mind clouded in thought. Dash never did this before, not as far as she knew. And why here, excluded from everypony else? It got her to worry. But.. it was Dash's writing, so she probably knew what she was doing.

"Ah think the filly finally made it 'in tha' Wonderbolts, ya' know?" Applejack suggested, and the others nodded. Except, of course, Pinkie Pie.

"Oooooh! The Wonderbolts! I bet Dashie's gonna be a super-duper flier, she's probably even gonna make a super BIG shout-out to us here! Awww, I should've brought a few cakes! This is gonna be so bad, what if she hates me?! Shecan'thateme,canshe? Ohmygoodness! What have I done?!" Pinkie somehow spurred it all out in only a few seconds while jumping across the room, and started crying unnatural waterfalls by the end.

Of course, Twilight needed to attempt and calm her down, but luckily, she didn't have to, as Pinkie Pie spotted Dash slowly descending towards the house.

"Everypony hide! She's here! She's heeereeeee!" Pinkie exclaimed happily, while Twilight simply groaned and put a hoof to Pinkie's mouth. Even though Pinkie seemed like she didn't even notice it, and continued talking.

-----------------

Dash landed onto the porch with a loud 'THUD', which was the sound of her hooves hitting the wood. Maybe she landed a little too hard. After which, she stepped inside and closed the door after her.

Dead Rainbow looked towards the average one with a look of regret and jealousy. Wings. Why couldn't she have had wings? Why could they restore her whole body, but not the damn wings?!

But her train of thought was interrupted, as she concentrated on doing the deed. They were all inside, now was the time to strike.

------------------

P o n y v i l l e , O u t s k i r t s o f A p p l e O r c h a r d s , 2 : 0 3 P M , A p r i l.
Dash stepped inside, met by the smiles of her friends, and Pinkie Pie's cheerful bouncing. She spoke out; "Hey guys! What's up?"

The six ponies started talking, all at once, and not a word could be understood. Though, maybe Dash could've understood some parts if there wasn't for Pinkie's hyperactive ranting.

Dash simply grinned and looked towards Applejack in particular, speaking out, again; "Hey AJ, why'd you call me here?"

Everyone stopped, with a confused look on their face. Before any one of them could speak, and they were about to, again at once, the door opened loudly, hitting the side with a loud crack.

-------------------
It was perfect. Dead Dash made sure it would be. Earlier today, she barricaded the windows with double layers, as she did the same with the walls and roof. With Twilight gone, as she was one of the first targets, no one could really break through.

Rainbow would be dead, so that didn't matter. Applejack wouldn't just run away from a Pony who killed her best friends, and Rarity, Fluttershy.. They weren't even on her mind. They couldn't prove a resistance. Pinkie Pie though..

She stealthily made her way to the door, took a deep breath to prepare herself. Putting on her hood, she entered the clubhouse.

--------------------

The door opened loudly, hitting the side with a loud crack of wood.
Time to act..

Everypony looked toward the stranger. The shape seemed vaguely familiar, but they couldn't put their hoof on it. They believed The Mysterious Hooded Pony to be some filly, a bit too late for Nightmare Night, with the stitches and everything. But she was far more than that. She was their impending death.

Or so DRD believed.

---------------------

With a quick motion, DRD leaped across the room, actually stepping on Applejack's face, and kicking her down, while boosting herself up. She got into air position, extending her hidden blade, and going straight for Twilight.

The lavender mare's horn sparkled, but it was to no use. Before any visible magic took effect, the hooded pony was already grabbing at her neck, recklessly attempting to swing the blade into her throat. Something felt odd, though. Wrong. It distracted Dash, causing her to stab Twilight in the gut. What the-
Ah well, can't do magic in that much pain. Have fun bleeding to death.

The rest of the ponies stood there in awe. Except Rainbow Dash. Applejack would be likely to join her, if she wasn't on the ground with a nosebleed.

The Living Rainbow mare attempted to charge at the Dead one, but DRD easily evaded, giving her the most rageful elbow-strike in the wing.
That should keep you on the ground for a while, bitch. DRD thought to herself, but before she could make another stab, another wound, she was.. kicked into the face? Not easily, either. It was so strong that she flew across the room, breaking the doubly-defended wall and rolling to the ground.

Dead Rainbow Dash was confused, she saw the clouds, then the trees, then the ground, until something stopped her. She hit directly into a tree, possibly even breaking her front hoof.

Time to disappear.

Rainbow didn't think about her health much, a Doctor was available for that. She was more worried about disappearing, and who the bloody hell kicked her that hard. The dark cyan mare made a get-away, and seemingly no one followed. Not as far as she knew. They must've been concerned about their 'friend', gotta take her to the hospital, not avenge her. Right?

This was very, very bad. She should've went for Rainbow first. If she did, she could simply return home right now. Ugh, what a pain.

Little did she know, someone was following her. Her other self. Not airborne, obviously, but on foot. They were both running at the same speed, but Dead Rainbow had the definite advantage. Her climbing skills, and her artillery.

But so did Dash. The element of surprise. She kept lite on her feet, making barely any sound. And Dead Dash was heavily panting, she couldn't take a lot more running, her hoof was already beyond it's limit by far.

Dash was faster by now, Dead Dash could only manage a bare quick trot. Dash leaped forward, just as Dead Dash before, and tackled DRD to the ground.

---------------------

DRD's head was spinning again. What the hell now?

As she looked to her own stomach, she noticed Cyan hooves holding her. Oh. Maybe this wasn't going to end up so bad after all.. Heh.

Dash, you just got yourself a death penalty.

Author's Note:

Alright guys, I know this Chapter's shorter than I promised, but holidays were around, and I really didn't have time. I wrote this so you wouldn't have to wait more, so.. here's a little cliff hanger. I'm already working on Chapter 4, and that's when the really interesting part starts.

Comments ( 11 )

FINALLY CHAPTER 3!!!!!!:pinkiehappy::flutterrage::rainbowkiss:
I think I'll follow this guy...:pinkiesmile:

1941722

Just gotta note, I'm female.
:derpytongue2:

1941737
:twilightoops:Oh...Sorry if I was being sexist to you...:fluttercry:

1941741

Nah, it's okay to assume everyone on the internet is male. Most are, so.

1941744
Ok I feel better now!:pinkiehappy:

Spoiler!!!


drd meet epic dash :rainbowdetermined2:
gotta love tumblr

1942207

This doesn't follow that storyline, sorry. :moustache:

1942220 thats fine with me ill keep watching to see where this goes :pinkiehappy:

Just keep writing
I don't care Bout quantity
I care about quality

What happened to the story

Login or register to comment