• Published 30th Dec 2012
  • 1,127 Views, 15 Comments

Psychotic - Opalina Cecile



Pinkie's gone to a mental institution. Peek into her brain as she finds a cure to her disease and gets another disease- love.

  • ...
9
 15
 1,127

Diagnosis: Welcome

Part 1 Diagnosis Type 5 Welcome

"Welcome to the Equestrian Mental Institution.You must be Pinkadema Diane Pie. I'm Soft Petal," said a pretty unicorn with a soft pink mane stuffed into a bun. Her light green coat was so light it didn't stick out. It only made her look nicer and softer. She took me and led me down the hall. I passed some loopy ponies and pegasi. In another room, a unicorn colt was walking on a treadmill. His legs were very shaky and the belt was moving very slowly. He didn't have a cutie mark yet.

"Some ponies need extra help to get back up after a tragedy. That filly and his mother fell of a cliff. His mother didn't survive. After being nursed back to health, we needed to coax him back into the world by helping him come to terms with what happened to his mother. He claims to see her in mirrors, even though he know she's not there." Pinkie nodded.They continued walked. The walls were bright white. It was blinding.

"Over there is the lunchroom and that door leads to the recreation room. When you get better, you'll be granted trips, and eventually it will become a regular thing." A nurse led a patient into the room. The patient was walking slowly and taking slow breaths.

"These rooms are the therapy rooms. There's specific ones for different things and plain ones for one-on-one treatment."
She pointed a hoof toward a double-door on the right. We walked past doors just as a scream was heard. Soft Petal winced barely, but my hyperactively-calm emotions made my senses all Sherlock Hooves-type.

"The sleeping quarters are that way and that door," said Soft Petal, pointing to the door at the end of the linoleum hallway, "leads to the hospital in case of emergencies.

"You will have your own room and you will be monitored for your safety. We only wish the best for our patients so they can improve and function like any other citizen. We pledge our lives into helping people cope with the specialties they have. Some of us even were here before and we stayed on to help.

"We shall to everything in our power to protect you from your runaway feelings. Whenever you need help, press this button on your monitor device. Your room is number 116 and Halogen Valence will take you to your room. I'll see you at lunch after you get acquainted and the bell has rung. Welcome to the Institution!" She said with a perky smile, handed a key card to a stallion in a lab coat and walked off.

What a load of bullshit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My room was the same bright white as the walls in the hall. The fluorescent smoothness of it screamed at me with a billion rays of radiation. It made me want to scream.

Halogen slipped the key card back into his coat pocket.

I stared at him.

"What's a scientist like you doing in a mental institution?"

"Excuse me?"

"Why are you here. You're obviously a scientist."

"How'd you guess?"

"Name. Cutie mark."

Halogen looked at the atom on his flank and sighed.

"I was on the brink of my breakthrough when they discovered my wife had been murdered. My way of coping.... not so good. After rehab, I was sent here. And I never left. Partly it was because of the attachment I had to this place, and I wanted to help develope their medicine and methods. But honestly, I'm mostly scared to show my face."

"I know the feeling. Right now, I don't think my friends like me at all. I bet Fluttershy is scared and Twilight is disappointed... Rainbow Dash probably took off speeding for a long vacation in the sky. Rarity will scoff at me and Applejakc will tell me to stay away from her and her family. I'll lose everyone and everything I care about."

"Time bomb."

"Excuse me?"

"No wonder you're so calm. You've gone into time bomb mode, your stray signals are storing into your brain until a tiny emotion sets everything off. After that ends, you'll collapse and be exhausted."

As much as Pinkie hates to admit it, he was right. And incredibly stupid.

Because what happened next was exactly what he was describing.

Author's Note:

The last diagnosis!
I hope someone caught the HOA ref. If not.... I'm alone. The only Anubiser/Brony.

Comments ( 1 )

1965298 Butter..... warm, melted, salted butter on pasta.... :twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment