• Published 30th Dec 2012
  • 1,127 Views, 15 Comments

Psychotic - Opalina Cecile



Pinkie's gone to a mental institution. Peek into her brain as she finds a cure to her disease and gets another disease- love.

  • ...
9
 15
 1,127

Diagnosis: Train

Part 1 Diagnosis Type 4 Train

"Where are y'all gonna do in Fillydelphia?" said a cowpony. He munched on a stalk of wheat mindlessly as the train chugged along. In this car, there were 8 ponies. The cowpony Corny Field, a business man named Brief Case, a family of 3 with a filly, and the three ones heading to the Institution.

"Business trip, bargaining some stock and such," said Brief Case.

"We're visiting my mother-in-law," said the mother of the filly, Laura Seams.

"I'm selling some crops at a farmers market. Where you three goin'," asked Corny Field.

Pinkie opened her mouth to speak, but Deputy Search interrupted.

"Classified police work. She doesn't need to tell you if she doesn't want to." Pinkie knew that now everypony thought she was some sort of criminal. Laura smiled and scooted her filly closer to her.

"Visiting family," said Doctor Whooves.

"Attention passengers. We are about an hour away from Fillydelphia so just relax and enjoy the ride."

Deputy Search used her horn to pick up a book. She went to where the dog-eared page was. It was one of the Sherlock Hooves books.

"I remember reading those books," said Laura's husband, Hardy Seams. Deputy Search was so engrossed she just nodded slightly.

We sat in silence until the filly, Sue Seams, whined for her ball. Laura gave her the purple bouncy ball. The filly played around with it for a while. When she started bouncing it, something weird happened.

Pinkie found herself staring at the ball as it bounced.

Bounce.

Bounce.

Bounce.

Nothing else seemed to happened. Just that ball bounce up, float midair, then down. It'd sit for a millisecond that spread itself out like 100 times longer. She was in some sort of state.

"PINKIE! Yoo hoo," said Doctor Whooves as he waved a hoof in front of her face. She snapped back to reality.
"What? Sorry," she said softly.

"Ah asked wher' y'all from," Corny Field said.

"Ponyville," she said.

"Ah. Nice lil' town. The Apple Buck Farm are ther', right?"

"Yeah, my... friend is in the family." She hesitated to say friend. She didn't know whether her friends even still liked her. Would they be scared? Would they back away? What will happen when she goes back or the visit?

...if she ever went back or they ever visited?

"Loveleigh ponays."

"Mmhm."

Silence.

Then Brief Case pulled out a portable computer.

"No way. Is that the latest model?" asked Hardy.

"Yes, it's called the laptop. You can take it anywhere."

"Sweet. From Keeves Corp?"

"Of course. That's who I work for."

"Oh, neat. My cousin works there."

Then the two stallions got into a discussion about electronics, cars, and football.

"Man, that son of Mark Keeves is cute isn't he? And young," said Laura.

"What's his name? Luke, isn't it?"

"He's ahbout yur age Miz Pinkie," said Corny Field.

"Hm."

Then a thought occured to Pinkie.

"Deputy, can you hold up a mirror for me?" Deputy Search looked at her weirdly. She dug around her pouch and held up an ornate silver mirror. Pinkie stared into the rippling oval reflection.

She didn't look normal.

Her hair was straight and her coat had lost its shellac. The dull color and limp hair made her look like some runaway. Her eyes were glazed over and darkened. She desperated needed to clean up. She looked like when she thought her friends had deserted her. But you never know, they actually might.

A blonde colt clopped by. Their eyes met for another drawn out millisecond. His warm brown eyes locked with my dull blue circles and... that's it.

I pushed the mirror down.

"Thanks."

"No problem."

Minutes later, we arrived at the station.

Here goes.

"Just so you know, I'm no criminal. I'm going to the Equestrian Mental Institution. So, enjoy your stay."

She walked out, Deputy Search and Doctor Whooves following her.

Her voice was rough and scratchy.

Author's Note:

A longer chapter this time.
So this will be one of the last parts of Diagnosis.
Next will be Treatment
Then Therapy
And finally, Cure.
Question..... Who do you think is telling the story? Besides when I will eventually switch PoV's.