• Published 26th Dec 2012
  • 551 Views, 5 Comments

All Four Love - Scribbley Wibbley



An OC love story featuring four OCs

  • ...
 5
 551

All Four Love

All Four Love


Today was the day, the day was of course the summer sun celebration, and over in the schoolhouse Cheerilee was finishing up her lesson for the day. “And that students is how you solve for x is this equation, oh and on an unrelated note I would like a couple of you to stay after I need to speak with you, please listen for your name; Applebloom, Sweetie Bell, Scootaloo, Diamond Tiara, Snips, Dinkie, and Twist. Now the rest of you are dismissed for today.” So the class raced for the door as the bell rang, all but the chosen few. “Now as you all know today was the Summer Sun Celebration; Well tonight is the first Summer Sun Celebration’s Masquerade of the Night in Canterlot, it was introduced as a way to help Princess Luna get used to Equestria after her 1,000 years on the moon.” The seven young children each let out sigh at the thought of having to spend their free time at a social event. “Also Children I have great news, I’ve contacted each of your guardians and they gave their permission for you to attend, isn’t that wonderful.” More sighs and moans could be heard for the young group.

Around this time over in Carousel Boutique Rarity was showing her hired help around… “Now as you two may know here at Carousel Boutique we do have high standards of fashion so do your best” and with a smile she headed back to her sewing kit. Two unicorns now took their stations and started crafting the back ordered formal attires, their names were Switch Styles a white unicorn stallion who sported a sleek black mane, had great skill in the field of hair care and embroidering with a cutie mark that resembled a switch comb and Stitch Curl a young violet unicorn mare with a sky blue mane, whose expertise was sewing and repairing clothes and a cutie mark of two crossed needles in front of a spool of thread. It had gotten quiet enough to where you could hear a pin drop with ironically had happen quite a few times just as it had gotten as quiet as could be a strange flyer flew in from an open window and landed on Switch’s table he had been working at.
“Huh, it’s an invitation to the Canterlot Masquerade going on tonight at the castle” Switch had said putting it aside.
“Oh I do so love a good formal dance” Rarity exclaimed overhearing Switch
“But we do have a deadline to meet and little time to do it in” Stitch butted in to refocus the three of them back to their work, but the conversation soon started back up.
“You know we could make it if we finish quickly” Switch said he looked a bit homesick.
“I guess we could” Rarity had started but was interrupted.
“Not at the pace we are moving” Stitch killed the mood once again but Rarity and Switch seemed motivated to go faster. Switch then looked over the flyer again. His job has had him traveling around Equestria and it has been awhile since he has been home, this was his chance.

A bit earlier on the corner of the town square a young green coated earth colt with a peanut butter colored mane was working one of his many part time jobs his name was Midnight Creamer. His parents owned a dairy farm, but he didn’t much like the idea of working on a farm, so today he passes out flyers for the upcoming Summer Sun Celebration’s Masquerade of the Night. It was a pretty slow day a few ponies here and there took one but he really didn’t expect much from a small farm town, when quite suddenly a strong breeze scattered the pile of flyers he was carrying all around. He made a mad dash for them but there were too many over too big an area, then somepony walked up to him an asked.
“Excuse me but do you need any help?” she had inquired to him as he was panting from chasing his flyers.
“Huh…” he said so focused on his flyers he didn’t even notice someone was talking to him.
“Oh, I would be very grateful if you would give me a hand, uh… I’m sorry I didn’t catch you name.”
“Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! What did you say.” she said in an almost disturbingly crazy manner.
“I would like some help, and who are you anyway?” he had responded slightly confused.
“Huh, no not that you said you needed a hand… oh well my name is Lyra Heartstrings by the way but you can call me Lyra.” she then proceeded to used her magic to help gather the flyers and together they collected all of them and still managed to pass a few out, with the help of his handy new friend of course.
“You know, you still haven’t introduced yourself.” She had said as they sat on a nearby bench for lunch.
“My name is uh… well… ugh it’s Midnight Creamer, you can laugh like everyone else now” he looked relatively upset by this.
“Why would I laugh it’s kind of a cute name” she now was staring into his eyes with a genuine smile.
“Thanks Lyra.” he responded staring back but then after a short silence Lyra asked.
“Hey what is this thing you’re giving out anyway?” she picked up one of the fliers and read it to herself.
“You know this may seem kind of forward but… would you like to go to this with me you seem like a nice guy and I want to get to know you better.” How could Midnight refuse she was a very pretty mare who happen to like him, so he agreed and went off to obtain formal attire, he had a date tonight.

Meanwhile at Canterlot Castle musicians were preparing for the masquerade one such pony was Octavia with her good friend, a young unicorn stallion with a thistle color coat and a light lavender mane, and a cutie mark that was a quill and parchment he went by the name of Scribble and together they were working on a new song. This was the first summer sun celebration masquerade so every musician was stepping up their game these two were no different they planned on releasing a new song that was sure to knock socks off of everything… that is when they come up with it.
“Ok Scribble this is our chance, the real deal, all or nothing.”
“Well worrying about it won’t help much, how about a doing a couple warm ups to incite creativity.” Octavia then nodded her head and begun playing a few notes. Scribble was more than just her friend he was her scribe and critic. She has always had a tough time remembering what she had played so replaying songs were impossible and also was never good at pre-writing her music, that’s where Scribble came in. Unbeknownst to Octavia though, Scribble secretly loved her but was a bit shy at saying it, one day though he would finally build up the courage and ask her out. Then in came another of Octavia’s strange friends, Vinyl Scratch or as she is known on stage DJ Pon-3 came over to Octavia and Scribble and greeted them in her usual manner… wubs.
“Hey Tavi, Scrib how ya guys doin?” she then stood between the two of them and put her hoofs around their shoulders.
“Good to see you too Vinyl, do you think you can turn down the music, I’m trying to rehearse a new song.” Vinyl slapped a button on her speaker and the music stopped.
“I see you’ve made a new song Scratch.” Scribble nodded his head as he spoke.
“Whoa how did you guess, no one around here can ever tell my songs apart?”
“It’s a gift, that and I heard you talking about it last night.”
“Not to bother you two but, could you please focus!” Octavia looked quite upset and the fast approaching deadline wasn’t helping either.
“Sorry Tavi I didn’t mean to interrupt your song writing thing, I’ll catch you guys later then.” Vinyl clicked her music back on and began sliding down the halls on her speaker. After some warm ups Octavia felt ready, like she could do this and then placed her bow along the cello’s strings and… nothing.
“What’s wrong Octavia are you feeling ok, are you sick?”
“I don’t know it feels like I’ve lost my creative spark, maybe I should try next year.” Octavia had dropped her bow and settled her cello she looked so pained by this but Scribble knew what he had to do.
“Octavia we can’t just give up, I know let’s take a break we can go get something to eat.”
“Thanks Scribble, you’re such a good friend.” A loud “Ouch!” could be heard from down at the other end of the room, it was Vinyl.
“Glad to help” Scribble said his words trailing off as he spoke. A friend… that’s all I’ve ever been… just a friend the words pierced his heart leaving unimaginable pain and agony but he remembered tonight…the night he was going to change that. He shook off the feeling of anguish and had one thought looping in his mind tonight I will do it, I’ll finally ask her out. With a fiery passion burning deep within his heart he felt as if he had the strength to do anything and with that he followed Octavia for a short lunch before returning to work.

Shortly before Scribble and Octavia left something was stirring somewhere in between the walls of Canterlot Castle. In a secret room away from prying eyes a small school was in session for a young group of bat ponies one of which was different that the rest he was Shadow Riff, he was different from the other bat ponies because his mother was a Pegasus so he was only half bat pony because of which he had a dark blue coat and a cobalt colored mane as opposed to the usual colors. Because of his differences though Shadow was teased by the other bat ponies, and today was no different.
“Hey pegasissy, how’s your day been, pegasissy hahaha.” The usual bullies, nothing Shadow couldn’t handle but it’s what they did next that was a step too far.
“Hey pegasissy why don’t you go and cry to your little fillyfriend, you know the dumb looking orange chicken.” You can insult a pony, his family, and even his way of life but the moment you insult a pony’s secret crush, you’ve gone too far.
“I hope your friends know the number of a good coroner, because they’re about to get one hell of a case.” He then leapt from his seat and tackled the bully swinging at his face while the bully’s friends tried pulling him off to no avail, this was one determined pony. It was then that the teacher Mrs. Owl had entered to see the circle of students surrounding Shadow as he pummeled the bully relentlessly she was quick to assess the situation and using her magic pulled the two of them apart Shadow wasn’t injured much a few scrapes here and there but the bully wasn’t so lucky, needless to say he had to go to the nurse’s office for the rest of the day. “Ok class now that your done starting a brawl in my class let’s start our lesson, I will deal with you later Shadow.” She had begun writing notes on the board and the assignments that needed to be completed before the end of class. After all the objectives had been written on the board she reached under her desk and pulled out a flier. “Ok class some of you may have heard but for the rest tonight is a special event on the castle grounds it’s the first annual Summer Sun Celebration’s Masquerade of the Night, and I would like some of you to attend if you wish to accompany me write your name on the board now and please return to your work, remember what you don’t finish is homework. Oh also there are a few names that are mandatory I will write them now.” She had levitated a piece of chalk and begun writing a couple names two of which were attention grabbing, the first was Shadow Riff and the other was Clip Soar, the bully Shadow had gotten into a fight with. After those names hit the board kids flocked to put their name up and hopefully catch another fight.

Midnight had just begun a mad dash around Ponyville look for a shop to acquire a formal outfit for he had no idea where he could even find one but after asking around, most if not all had recommended Carousal Boutique he had decided to head there immediately. At the jingle of the door bells the three occupants twisted there gaze towards him, he froze up at first but after the shock had subsided he was greeted by the proprietor of the establishment, she was a young miss by the name of Rarity. “Darling welcome what can I do you for?” Midnight looked around the store a bit but nothing quite caught his eye that is until he saw it. “That one!” He pointed towards an orange suit it had a white button up and a blue tie and orange slacks, it almost screamed look at me and all my glory.
“Are you sure it… um well it is quite an awkward color scheme and I made when I was in a rather… shall I say peculiar mood, also not to many ponies care to wear pants, it’s quite a tough ensemble to pull off darling… but now that I look at you I can see it you have just the right look you must have this.”
“Yes… oh but how much does it cost.”
“For this it will come to only 15 bits.” reality had sunk in and Midnight realized his current working arrangement and his sad state of excess currency.
“Oh forgive me I don’t exactly have much extra money, I guess knowing that I was asked to the masquerade is good enough.”
“WAIT! You are going to the Summer Sun Celebration’s Masquerade of the Night.”
“Yeah I was passing out fliers for it and long story short a cute young mare asked me to accompany her...” Before he even had time to finish Rarity had interrupted him.
“Darling YOU MUST GO! I shall give you this suit if you promise me that if any asks you where you got it you will tell them that you obtained this masterpiece from none other than Rarity at Carousal Boutique in Ponyville. Midnight had nodded his head in agreement as rarity wrapped up the ensemble in a box and handed it over, Midnight then left to finish up the last of his jobs for today so he will be ready for tonight, and for Lyra.

Now it was back to just the three unicorns sewing away at the multitude of dresses that needed to be finished. The silence was almost too much for anyone to bear, not being able to take it much longer Switch decided to break the silence.
“So Rarity, what do you think that the masquerade is going to be like?” but before she had a chance to answer Stitch had interrupted.
“Will you both please stop talking about the masquerade…ugh” she seemed frustrated but more so saddened.
“Darling and I don’t mean to pry but, is there something the matter” Rarity was deeply concerned for her helper and Switch was also curious.


“Switch!” Rarity yelled as to reprimand him.
“I’m sorry just speaking the truth, but I’ll tell you what how about we have a little wager” Switch was once an orphan and had to grow up on a bad side of town so he has always been a bit harsh, and also cunning.
“What kind of wager?” Switch had drawn the attention of both Rarity and Stitch eager to end the sort of shadowed cloud that loomed above.
“I’ll bet that in the next 20 minutes I can find I date to the Summer Sun Celebration’s Masquerade of the Night, and if I do I get to go. However should I fail to find a date so you will get to go, and I’ll finish all of your work.” Switch had a bit of an air of confidence about him but he did his best to hide it.
“But the masquerade starts in a couple of hours you would never make it” Rarity had started and Stitch jumped in.
“You’re on Switch you’ve got 20 minutes then I’ll get to go to the masquerade, because with looks like yours and that crude attitude I doubt you could ever find a date.” With that Switch bolted out the door and began asking around town for a date.

Back at Shadow’s house deep within the caves of Canterlot’s under workings it was just an hour until the Masquerade and the young colt was preparing for his eventful night. First though he wondered what to do about Clip but he just shrugged it off and thought “If he starts anything I just sock em’ in the nose again.” Then Shadows mother had walked in as she knocked on the door.
“Honey are you ok, I got a call from Mrs. Owl today about you starting a fight in school again.” She moved closer towards him as she gave a warm smile and waited for his reason this time.
“You should have heard them mom they were making fun of her and started calling her names like… chicken it was un bearable so I had to…”
“Hit someone…” she interrupted “You know your father did the same thing for me once, at the time I found it rather… sweet, but you know violence is wrong dear, there are better ways to express your feelings. Now you should hurry up and get ready you don’t want to keep a filly waiting, trust me.” She smiled softly once more and patted Shadows head as she then let out a short giggle and left his room as she closed his door. Once Shadow knew he was alone he reached under his bed a pulled out a small photo he had kept hidden… it was a picture of Scootaloo “Tonight I will finally get the chance to express my feelings to you.” He replaced the picture and proceeded to find the cleanest and closest to formal outfit he could when just then a rock flew in though the window with a note attached. Thankfully Shadow had the window open so not much noise was made as the rock entered. Although confused, Shadow made his way over and had begun reading it said.

“Hey punk, I heard you roughed up one of my boys earlier today and I am not too pleased with this and I personally challenge you to a fight out behind the junkyard right now, and if you don’t show up I’m going to take it as a sign that you are as chicken as the dumb filly you like and I will personally find her and hurt her signed the leader of the black moon… Shade.”
What was he to do he had threaten the safety of someone Shadow held quite dear, but it wasn’t some small petty classroom brawl this time, this was the notorious gang leader known only as Shade. There wasn’t time for second thoughts he had to protect the ones he loved and even if Scootaloo didn’t even know he existed he would fight for her. Shadow quietly crept out of his room and slipped out of the house before he took flight for the junkyard to confront this dastardly enemy. Shadow landed in the center of a clearing in the junk and yelled out “show yourself Shade, I am here to fight.” The wind rustled as a large bat pony stepped out from the shadows and on to a broken carriage he was wearing a long gray cowl that covered his face.
“I see you have arrived alone, a foolish mistake.” Shade spoke in a dastardly tone.
“You dared to…threaten… my crush’s… I’m sorry but you sound very familiar like someone I know, who was it.” Shadow had begun scratching his head.
“You choose to stall, and try to confuse me what a lowly tactic.” Shade stomped his hoof on the carriage.
“Wait a minute I know who you are now, dad that’s you isn’t, dad it’s me Shadow…Shadow Riff.”
“What are you talking about I have no… wait a minute awww bananas, you are my son. Well let’s not tell you mother about any of this and forget it ever happened ok.” Shade took off the hood and gave a goofy smile to his son.
“So I heard you have a little filly friend huh sounds like a cutie, also apologies for what I said in the note.” He leaped down from the broken carriage and had begun nudging Shadow as he spoke.


On the surface a little earlier two unicorns were conversing as they entered a local eatery.
“Thanks again for suggesting that we go out to eat Scribble, I was starting to get a bit famished, and that might be the cause for my lack of inspiration.” She said as they pushed the doors open.
“It was no problem at all and don’t worry it’s my treat today.” Scribble gave an awkward smile and pulled out the chair for Octavia.
“May I take your orders?” The waiter had approached the two of them with a quill and notepad.
“Yes I’ll have the chef’s special please.” Scribble replied.
“Alright that’s one specialty and for the lady?”
“I suppose I’ll have the same.” Octavia answered.
“Alright I’ll be right back with your orders, in the mean time I’ll bring you love birds the special couples milkshake it’s free for couples for today only.”
“Wait we’re not a…”Scribble started but Octavia cut him off.
“That will be fine.” Then the waiter left for the kitchen.
“Octavia what was that all about...? (Not that I’m complaining)”
“Don’t spurn good fortune, in other words if someone wants to give you something free let them, especially if it’s a milkshake from a nice restaurant.” She gave a curious grin.
“But superfluity aside what has happened with you lately Scribble?” she said leaning on the tops of her hooves now with a more relaxed expression.
“Well, I’ve been preparing for something, well, rather important.” He started scratching his head.
“Huh sound quite interesting; please do tell what is so important.” Scribble was really nervous now because he didn’t want Octavia to know what he has preparing for was to ask her to the Masquerade of the Night he started stalling.
“Uh... well you know it’s sort of like, um.” His efforts paid off as the waiter returned from the kitchen with the milkshake in a heart shaped glass that had little heart candies in it, an interesting design to say the least.
“Here you two are, one lovers’ milkshake enjoy.” His voice trailed off as he took off to another table.
“So you were saying.” Octavia said now drinking the milkshake. Scribble needed to think fast, he didn’t want her to know now he wasn’t ready; he needed to stall again but how.
“Uh… how’s the milkshake.” He said trying to sound nonchalantly.
“It’s actually pretty good, it’s got a strawberry taste with a hint of mint, I think that’s what those little hearts are… wait I know what this is about.” She had that curious grin again.
“What huh I don’t know what you are talking about. (Did she really figure it out that easily)?”
“You want some of this don’t you; well you’re not getting any, that’s what you get for not pretending to be my special somepony.” She giggled a bit and Scribble let out a sigh of relief his aversion seemed to have worked for now. The conversation sort of trailed off from there leading into current events and Vinyl’s antics, then the food arrived.
“Here you go two chef specials enjoy, and if you need anything don’t hesitate to ask.” And like that he was off. The specials were two elegantly prepared salads with tomatoes, onions, peppers, mushrooms, and a delicious smelling dressing on top, it looked like a top quality meal, which makes it a shame that this is not a more well know restaurant. The two of them had begun eating their meals but about half-way through Octavia spoke.
“Scribble, do you think I’m a good musician because…” Scribble without fail cut her off and said.
“Octavia don’t doubt yourself, if you’re having trouble making a song it’s not because you’re a bad musician is because you’re just trying too hard, if the notes don’t come to you don’t chase after them, look inside of yourself and you’ll see that they were there all along. Scribble blushed a bit as Octavia smiled again that was what Scribble liked most about Octavia her genuine smiles and mostly gracious attitude.
“Thanks Scribble, I really mean it. You know sometimes I wish I could find a nice stallion like you for myself.” Lunch moved by a bit quicker and before they knew it they were done, after paying they headed back to the orchestral hall to prepare for the concert at the Masquerade, and Scribble would finally confess his love.

It was now 10 minutes after Switch had made the bet and he was running with what little time he had left he know of only one mare that no one in Ponyville would ask to the Masquerade, he just hoped that no one from anywhere else asked her. Switch made his way to a clearing in a field outside of Ponyville in it was a caravan and a young blue mare.
“Trixie!” He called out while gasping from the run over.
“I thought I had instructed all you knaves to only address me as the Great and Powerful Trixie.” Fireworks shot out the caravan like it was set to go off if someone spoke a certain phrase.
“Trixie, baby, lets skip the little song and dance, you know who I am.” He said in the suavest way he could while still panting.
“Oh it’s you, whatever it is you want I’m far too busy to be any part of it.” She said rejecting his words in a single twist of the neck.
“Aw baby don’t be like that, you know my eyes look to you and you alone, that mare meant nothing to me, I swear.” She still continued to avert her gaze and ignore.
“Look honey doll I’ll prove I’m yours and yours alone, tonight I want you to accompany me to the Masquerade party, what do ya say can you give a fool another chance.” Using the sexiest look he could he stared back at Trixie.
“Ugh… Fine, you know I can never resist that gorgeous mane of yours.” She said retrieving her cape and hat.
“And you know I can’t resist the sexy blue hue of yours.” He said fixing his hair with his keepsake switch-comb he always kept with him. Using magic they teleported back to Carousal Boutique to pick up Switches things, and to win a bet. Stitch started crying and Rarity tried consoling her while Switch didn’t give a care as he headed out the door and into Trixie’s caravan and off to Canterlot.

Now it was time the Summer Sun Celebration’s Masquerade of the night had begun and everyone was entering the halls and soon enough the dance hall was packed so much so that anyone not a resident of Canterlot wasn’t allowed in.
“What do you mean, we can’t go in?” A frustrated Midnight yelled at one of the guards at the door.
“You heard correct the halls are full no more admittance is allowed, I’m sorry”
“It’s ok Creamy I’m sure we can find something else to do.” Lyra said trying to calm him down.
“It’s not right, I…just wanted to go to the party with you Lyra.” Then there was a bright blue flash and a short shockwave. “Did somepony say PARTY?” It was none other than DJ-Pon3. “Then let’s crank this up to 11!” she spun a dial on her giant speaker and it started transforming into a DJ station with even bigger speakers on the sides (how that speaker works is beyond mortal comprehension).
“Aw sweet DJ Pon-3’s playing a privet show out here this is awesome.” Lyra happened to be a small fan of Vinyl’s.
“Well we are all dressed up, do you want to dance.” Lyra said looking over at Midnight.
“Dancing would be nice, but tonight let PARTY WOOOOOO!” Midnight whipped off his suit and leaped on top of one of Vinyl’s speakers shouting at the top of his lungs.
“Now that pony knows how to party!” Vinyl started playing her music louder and heavier and then Lyra jumped up with Midnight and they begun to dance together.
“See I told you we could find something else to do, and in my opinion this is much better than some high class fancy party.” Lyra was dancing her heart out and begun yelling as loud as Midnight.
“This is awesome Lyra, but I got something to tell you.”
“What?” the music was too loud and she couldn’t hear him.
“Lyra I love you.” He shouted with a blooded passion.
“What?” she still couldn’t hear him.
“Lyra I…”
“I’m just playing around silly.” Then Lyra pushed up her face against Midnights and they shared a passionate kiss that almost felt like it should last an eternity.
“Wooooo.” The crowd was making the usual chatter and noises when two ponies kiss in public.
“Looks like a couple of love birds landed on my Bass Station (patent pending) you know what that means.” Midnight had a bad feeling in the pit of his stomach.
“It’s time to DROP THE BEAT!” Vinyl spun a dial and pushed up some switched and a button opened up on the top of the control station, she then slammed down on the button causing a huge rippling shockwave to shoot out and launched Lyra and Midnight high into the sky. The massive shockwave shot out and covered a great majority of the castle and garden. Lyra and Midnight began a free fall from a very fatal height right before they hit the ground Vinyl caught them with her magic.
“Whoa now don’t want the little birdies to go squish now do we.” She said lowering her glasses staring at the both of them with a grin.
“Hey Lyra now that we are in love can I ask you a question?” Midnight said as he landed back to the ground.
“Sure Creamy what do you need?”
“Do you have any odd-jobs or random tasks I could do; I could sure use some extra money.”
“Hahaha your so funny Midnight, but I do have one job I need help with.” She said with a smile on her face.
“What do you need I can do almost anything.”
“This.” She grabbed Midnight in another embrace and begun to kiss him again.
“Then I’m the perfect stallion for the job.” He thought embracing her back.

Sometime before Vinyl started up there was a small soiree over in the side gardens of the castle courtyards. On one side there was the group of night ponies on the other was a group of Ponyville students and neither was mingling with each other. Mrs. Cheerilee and Mrs. Owl were trying to convince each side to just go over and talk to the other but to no avail, just then a shadowy figure appeared, and her voice boomed over the rest of the voices.
“Hello Children it is I, your beloved Princess Luna. Are thou enjoying the festivities prepared?” Silence spread among the groups as Luna’s attention turned to the teachers.
“What is the matter with these children they are completely ignoring the other side.”
“We having a bit of difficulty getting the two sides to merge, we’ve tried almost everything, with minimal success.” The teachers responded with disheartened expressions. Shadow and his father had just arrived on the scene and saw all the ponies segregating themselves into the two sides.
“So which one are you after?” His dad scanning the area from the distant spot they were in.
“Scootaloo is the orange one over there with her friends.”
“Well go talk to her.” Shade started pushing Shadow forward.
“I can’t go now, I don’t know what to say or how to start or even…” He had been cut-off by Luna shouting. “Fret not children for I shall return with party favors.” And just like that took off in a random direction. Just then Mrs. Owl caught sight of Shadow and his father and walked over with Cheerilee.
“This is the last place I thought I would see you Shade, it’s been awhile hasn’t it.”
“It sure has Ms. Star…”
“It’s Owl now I’ve finally married, hard to believe huh.” They shared a short laugh.
“Oh Luna said she was headed off to go find something for the kids to play with and hopefully mingle with each other.”
“You must be Shadow, I’ve heard a lot about you from Mrs. Owl.” Mrs. Cheerilee spoke to try and start a conversation.
“…” Shadow was unresponsive.
“You know, I’ve heard you have a special interest in a certain student of mine a Pegasus by the name of, Scootaloo.” Shadows attention whipped over to Mrs. Cheerilee at the sound of that name at a speed so fast that she couldn’t help but give out a short giggle.
“Wow Mrs. Owl wasn’t lying when she talked about you.” Mrs. Cheerilee gave a warm smile that reminded Shadow of his mother’s smiles. Shadow wanted to respond but Luna had returned from where she was carrying a big bag of… stuff.
“Children I have returned, and just look at what I brought.” She opened the bag revealing arts and crafts supplies as well as several instruments, kids from both directions made a mad dash for anything they could and in the process unknowingly started talking to the ponies on the opposite side. Everything was gone now, everything except a lone bass guitar it was dark red and a little sparkly but covered in dust from lack of use.
“Luna, how did you know that this would get the students to finally talk to one another?” The two teachers exclaimed.
“Easy, I didn’t you could say that I just, guessed.” With Luna’s plan a success Shadow moved over to the lone bass that lay on the ground.
“Hey I used to have a guitar once, but I have to get rid of it for material reasons. I wonder if this thing works.” His dad picked up the bass and dusted it off.
“Oh hey this is one of those fancy magical instruments that don’t need to be plugged into an amp, now I wonder where’s the… Here it is” Shade flipped a switch on the back of the bass and the strings light up and the fret board started to glow a faint yellow color.
“Sweet, now let’s take her for a test spin.” Shade had begun shredding on the bass which obviously garnered the attention of all the other kids. “Cool” “Whoa” “Did you see that?” All the kid were indeed excited to see somepony playing an instrument but it only lasted a short few moments.
“Here you go Shadow, show your old man what you got.” All eyes were on Shadow now.
“Alright here I go.” But as he started plucking at strings the light from the bass started fading and soon went out.
“Hey dad, what’s going on?” Shadow tried plucking more strings and flipping the switch but nothing was happening.
”Oh it must have run out of juice oh well I guess it was cool while it lasted I guess.” This was about the time Vinyl started up her DJ station as off in the distance a shockwave could be seen and it blasted past all the students and when it hit the bass Shadow dropped it to the ground and it begun to glow again, this time the colors were different the strings were a light and dark blue while the fret board was magenta with little black bridged eighth notes.
“Whoa it, it turned back on.” Shadow picked it up and began strumming it; it seemed to be at full power as it was now much louder and clearer.
“Dad what do I do now, I’m not so sure how to play, or even what to play.”
“It’s alright, just play what’s in your heart and I’m sure you’ll do fine… maybe.” Shadow didn’t see to hear that last part but he looked deep within himself and he saw it the thing that he’s always adored and longed for.
“Dad, I’ve got it I know what to play.” Shadow raised his hoof and begun ripping out chords and riffs like it was what he was always meant to do.
“Go get her kid.” His dad whispered as Shadow took in a deep breath and begun to sing as he played, it sounded a little something like this.
“Trotting along so drowsy that’s when I see her face, feels like every day’s the same.
But today as I go down that road, I see you I wish I knew your name; oh tell me your name.
Scootaloo! Could it really be that moment! My heart is beating just for you, for only you
Oh it really feels like that moment like the day that you’ll see me too, please see me too
And I hope and pray in Luna’s name that one day I’ll have that moment, just me and you.”
As Shadow was singing his heart out his cutie mark appeared on his flank, it was a picture of the bass he was playing and right when he finished he turned to Scootaloo who’s eye were light up at the sight of this amazing bat pony playing just for her and he said.
“Scootaloo will you…will you be my girlfriend, cuz I really think your cute.” His voice was a bit shallow but the message was relayed and everyone stared right at Scootaloo for her answer.
“Oh…Uh yeah, of course I will.” She had a much as a shy tone in her voice as Shadow.
“YES, She said YES, WOOOOOOOOOO.” Shadow was so exhilarated he began singing again now with Scootaloo singing with him.
“They sure do make a cute couple huh.” Shade said to Mrs. Owl.
“Yes and we were cute once…but I have faith in these two their connection seems, special.”

Before Shadow and his Father arrived at the small party at the garden Switch and Trixie had arrived at the front gate to the Masquerade in full dazzling formal outfits that could put Rarity to shame, (if she wasn’t the one who made them that is).
“I’ll be the most exquisite unicorn at this little party I bet.” Trixie had an obvious air of superiority as she walked the halls. From behind them Switch could hear three ponies arguing.
“What do you mean we don’t have enough room, we hosted the Gala here why is too small now.”
“I told you before, Princess Celestia is using the side gardens for some kind of get together for the children, and because of that we are packed now.”
“Well we did have a back-up plan incase this happened, you know what to do.” And the three ponies split off and Switch turned his attention to Trixie who happen to be bragging to a bunch of ponies by the snack table.
“…And I said you call that magic, then I turned her into a bird, but it was only temporary of course.” Switch slid in like he was always there. After a couple rousing tails of dragon fighting and impossible feats of magic Switch and Trixie decided it was time to hit the dance floor.
“Hey, how about a quick dance together Trixie.” Switch asked with no ulterior motive what so ever.
“I suppose I must dazzle the peons on the dance floor as well, very well then let us be off.” Then Trixie and Switch made their way to the dance floor and begun a slow but dignified dance that perfectly complimented the slow paced music.
“Ugh, I don’t care much for slow passed music.” Switch was never a very cultured pony and his tastes proved so.
“I suppose this music is rather drab, let us go see if the DJ can play anything else.” Trixie and Switch had begun walking to the stage when Switch saw Luna and Celestia talking and eavesdropped on their conversation.
“But sister these ponies don’t seem to interested in me at all.”
“Luna my sister I told you that I might take some time before ponies get used to you, hey I’ve got an idea I have arranged for a group of children to meet in the courtyard gardens why don’t you greet your subjects, I’m sure they’ll love you.” Celestia smiled as she looked out the window to a view of the two classes out on the grounds.
“I suppose I should sister, after all I do seem good with children, I shall see you soon then.”
“Take care sister, and good luck.” Then Luna disappeared into the shadows off to the children.
“Switch what are you doing?” Trixie called out snapping Switches attention back to reality.
“Sorry, must have spaced out or something.”
“Well whatever lets go talk to the DJ.” Trixie and Switched arrived on stage where DJ Pon-3 had been playing a playlist of requests.
“Hey DJ could you do us a favor and play a little something with a bit more speed.” Switch said slyly
“I wish I could but it’s all request I have no control for another hour.” DJ Pon-3 responded with a sort of sadden look about her, she had felt the same way as Switch only much more cultured.
“Well what if I request a speedier song to play?”
“I would be on a bit of a wait I've got five more songs ahead all equally slow paced… ugh. Wait what was that noise, hang on I’ll be right back.” And DJ Pon-3 bolted off around to the back of the stage. She returned a little later.
“Hey can you do me a favor, have you ever entertained anyone before?” Trixie had scoffed at this comment.
“Hah I have regaled kings and princesses with my awesome displays of magical prowess.” Trixie enjoyed patting herself on the back.
“Well I suppose you will do then, I need you to fill in for me as opining entertainment, it seems an important issue has popped up and it needs my attention.” With that she pushed her DJ system off stage and motioned for Trixie to take to the stage.
“Fillies and Gentlecolts an issue as occurred so for the remainder of the opening act…” Trixie interrupted.
“The Great and Powerful Trixie will now entertain you, for a price.”
“Free food.” DJ Pon-3 replied.
“Good enough. Now let the show begin” Then Trixie used her magic to create fireworks above her as the DJ left the stage.
“Now if my assistant would care to join me on stage.” Trixie pointed at Switch.
“Hey you know you kind of reminds me of the first time we met.” Switch said with a cheap grin.
“If you weren’t so cute I think I may have killed you by now, thank Celestia for that I suppose.” She said with an equally cheep grin. It was a stunning display of magical mastery from the two unicorns on stage the audience was left in complete awe. Chairs danced on stage and exploded into shirts and dresses which flew into the air and exploded into a dazzling fireworks display. The show was indeed magical but it lasted for on a short time before the real show began and musicians started to make their way onto the stage and set up for their performance.
“I had a lot of fun Trixie; we should do this again sometime.” Switch commented feeling content about his performance.
“Trixie also enjoyed herself and if you would like I guess I could let you follow me to the next town and try not to get in the way of my magic show.” Trixie said hiding her true feelings from Switch.
“Sounds like something I could deal with as long as it’s with you.” And the two set off for Trixie’s caravan to head off for the next town and maybe some adventure along the way.

When Switch and Trixie first entered the doors to the party something was happening back stage.
“Scribble where are the music sheets did you finish writing down everything?!?” Octavia was in an obvious panic.
“Don’t stress yourself so much I've got the papers right here.” Scribble was trying to calm Octavia down.
“Oh thank Celestia I thought I was in some serious trouble.” Scribble had been carrying the papers the whole time and this was the third freak out Octavia had done in the last five minutes; her nerves were getting the better of her. Vinyl had already gone on stage to serve as an opening act.
“I hope the song is good enough, you know my reputation as a pony everypony should know is on the line.”
“Trust me Octavia; I doubt anyone here will be able to forget this night for as long as they live.” Scribble wasn’t sure if that eased her mind or made her even more nervous, but it didn’t matter because of what he had planned it was sure to win Octavia’s heart and make her one of the most reputable musicians in Canterlot. After looking over the music several times Octavia finally believed that she could do it as a young earth filly came in through the back door.
“Oh wow you’re the talented musicians I wanted to see, would it be alright if I um… could I get your autographs please.” But just then a guard came into the room shouting.
“Stop right there, this area is full and only Canterlot citizens may enter.” He looked quite mad.
“Sorry for the confusion Sir but this is my sister, what did I tell you about wandering off alone ugh.” Scribble looked over at the confused… everyone and then winked at the filly.
“Ohhh right, sorry bro I guess I just got excited.” She seemed to understand and started playing along.
“Well if that seems to be the case I’m sorry to trouble you sir, I’ll just excuse myself.” The guard seemed to have bought the lie.
“Now little miss I would like to know your name if I may?” Scribble asked after the guard left.
“My name is Viola and thank you very much mister for helping me back there.” Everyone seemed to have caught on that Scribble was lying. Just then Vinyl came rushing in from on-stage.
“Hey why was there a royal Canterlot guard in here, I mean come on I looked away for ten seconds and…” she stared down at Viola.
“Who’s the squirt?” to which most replied with giggles as Octavia said.
“Oh this is just Scribble’s sister Viola, hasn’t he talked about her at all.” The face that Vinyl made had turned everyone from giggles to full blown laughter, after the laughter had subsided Scribble and Octavia explained the situation to Vinyl.
“They’re doing what!” Vinyl disgruntledly shouted.
“Like we said the guards aren’t letting anypony in who’s not from Canterlot.” Scribble said for the third time in a row.
“Not if I can help it, can you guys go on now. Everyone n the room shuttered a bit at the thought of entering the stage first but Vinyl noticed this and said. “On second thought I think I might know someone who can fill in for me hang on a sec.” She then dashed back out on the stage.
“She seems to really enjoy the stage, it’s like she doesn’t even care about her reputation as an artist or the watchful eyes of everyone out there. Octavia murmured to herself and Scribble unknowingly replied.
“Maybe it’s a good thing… but being nervous also has its perks, if you’re nervous in the right ways that is.” Octavia seem to pay no mind to his reply as Vinyl had just returned riding on her super speaker/DJ station.
“Got you covered guys you should have about half an hour left of prep time good luck.” She winked at Scribble as she passed him. Her words gave him confidence and he slunk back and was reading over a couple of note pages he had written up before hand. That hour came and went faster that Octavia and Scribble had hoped. Octavia adjusted her bow tie and begun to make her way to the stage, and Viola took a seat over by Scribble who was fidgeting with a black case. Octavia stared out at the large crowd and took a deep breath, and lifted her bow and begun to glide it along her cello. Graceful notes had filled the room and danced into the ears of all its listeners, now unbeknownst to Octavia a second pony made his way to the stage and brandished a violin.
“Have room for one more?” Scribble asked tipping his hat, he then rose up his bow and begun to serenade Octavia’s notes with his own; Together they created a heartfelt melody that soon became the center of attention.
“How, when, I didn’t know you could play the violin Scribble.” Octavia looked at him quizzically.
“I had Vinyl teach me, so I could play with you tonight. Octavia I've been planning this for a while, there is something I need to tell you.” His tempo has begun increasing as his heart rate started picking up.
“Scribble your going a tad fast.” Octavia began matching his speed.
“Octavia I… I…I love you, there I said it.” With the weight off his chest his tempo has started retuning to normal and he begun cooling his nerves.
“I just don’t know what to say.” Octavia was having trouble playing and taking in all she heard.
“I know that I’m just some no talent unicorn but…” Octavia cut him off before he could continue.
“You didn’t let me finish, I always thought you were kinda cute, and to be honest I had a bit of a crush on you when Vinyl first introduced us… so I suppose you could say, I loved you first.” She gave one the cutest smiles Scribble’s ever seen with the two combine his heart almost skipped a beat, the flood of emotions welling up inside of him came bursting out in a torrent of love. He had dropped his violin and Octavia set her cello down as they caressed one another in a warm embrace. The crowd swooned in a chant of awes then out from behind the curtain a small voiced whispered “just kiss her already you big idiot” and the two joined lips in a passionate moment of love. It was a short while before the two remembered they were still supposed to be putting on a show and broke from each other and reclaimed their instruments from the ground and as they begun to play the other musicians came out to join them as Scribble said his final words. “I told you, this is one night I don’t think anyone can, or will try to forget.” And on this night four ponies and found love as the Summer Sun Celebrations’ Masquerade of the Night came to a close and all would agree that this was a night four love.

Comments ( 5 )

Well, at least it's OC's and BACKGROUND PONIES...

That's... different...

A little awkward to read. I felt like I was being jolted along. It was a good story, but it felt a little compressed.

yeah this story made me realize I'm bad at writing multi-point perspective stories.

I passed by and reviewed this, even though you haven't been online for years now. Points for avoiding the utterly clichéd OC/Mane Six pairs, though there's still the usual problem that 95% of your readers don't know anything about the OCs or the people behind them. It's a shame you didn't write more, since the fic's problems mostly feel like those of simple inexperience.

Login or register to comment