• Published 22nd Dec 2012
  • 1,871 Views, 11 Comments

The Ultimate Romance - TotallyNotAnyone



Twilight Sparkle and Fluttershy are head-over-heels for each other, but will it work out?

  • ...
9
 11
 1,871

Love At First Sight

Like every day, Twilight Sparkle sat at her window and watched the sunny square outside while she read a book, watching the ponies going back and forth, and waiting. She was waiting for one particular pony to show up, and she always did, causing Twilight to put down her book, prop her elbows up on the window sill and watch her.

Twilight sighed with happiness and longing as she watched the sunlight play across her pink hair and yellow flanks, lighting up that glorious, unattainable ideal like a radiant angel. Slowly, Twilight reached out and touched the window, running her hoof down it like she wanted to run her hoof along Fluttershy's cheek, caressing the glass like she wanted to caress the beautiful pegasus.

But today, something different happened. Fluttershy, who normally never looked towards the library, turned her head, and their eyes met. It was electrifying, Twilight's heart beat faster and faster, her breath became short and then, suddenly, Fluttershy burst into tears and ran from the square, sobbing.

Twilight sank back into her chair. What just happened? Had she insulted Fluttershy? Had she somehow scared her? Or, maybe, Fluttershy had just been repulsed by her. How long had Fluttershy felt this way? This utter disgust and loathing? Twilight didn't know, but she was going to have to leave the library today, leave the library and apologize.


Like every day, Fluttershy went into Ponyville to do her shopping, strolling quietly through the markets and stores, finding what she needed to feed her many animals and, almost as an afterthought, herself as well. Like every day, the walk carried her through the square outside of the library and, like every day, Fluttershy swallowed with terror as she walked past the windows. She knew that if she was to turn her head and look, she'd see... her.

Oh, it wasn't that Fluttershy hated Twilight, or disliked her. In fact she thought the purple unicorn was wonderful and brilliant and everything that a pony could possibly hope for in a friend or... something more. But she knew that Twilight watched her, every day. She could only imagine what went through Twilight's head, the judgments, the accusations. She was probably there right now, watching her, hating her. Wishing she'd go away.

Fluttershy risked a look to the side and... there she was. Sunlight spilling through the window, cascading across her beautiful, multi-shaded purple mane, lighting up her cutie mark and... their eyes met, and Fluttershy realized that Twilight was pointing at her accusingly. For a few moments, Fluttershy's facade held up, but then her lip wobbled, the tears began to spill from her eyes and she fled, crying, from the square, heading for the safety of her home.

What was it that was so awful as to make Twilight condemn her so? Was it her hideous, tattered mane? Her fat, untoned flanks? Maybe her disgusting cutie mark!

After spending an hour hiding in bed, crying, Fluttershy realized that whatever it was, it was her fault, and she passed by Twilight's library every day, disgusting and unsettling her poor friend. She took a deep breath, and steeled herself: Only one thing for it, she was going to have to go to Twilight and apologize.


As chance would have it, Fluttershy and Twilight literally bumped into each other as they were both on the way to the other's home, it took them a moment to shake their heads and clear the confusion, they'd both been trying to decide what to say to the other, how to apologize for their awful behavior, when they met. And now here they were, face to face before they'd had a chance to prepare for it.

Fluttershy blinked, thoughts were running through her head with furious speed: "Oh no," she thought, "Twilight's so disgusted by me that she can't speak!"

Twilight winced, "She must've been on her way to the library to tell me off for staring at her! Oh no! She hates me!"

"Um," they said, simultaneously, "N-no, you first!" "No you first!"

Fluttershy was horrified, Twilight didn't even want to talk to her! She was trying to offload the speaking on her. She took a step backwards, preparing to run.

Twilight winced, Fluttershy was so disgusted by her that she was preparing to flee! Maybe she should just do the same, she took a step backwards.

And then they both ran, bawling, for their homes.


Fluttershy sobbed into her covers. Why did no one ever like her? She worked so hard to keep her mane and flank looking nice, and all she got was Twilight's disgusted, judgmental looks! She'd give anything for another pony who appreciated the hard work she put into looking decent.

Twilight sniffled, head buried in her pillow. Why did Fluttershy hate her so? The one pony she craved, the one pony she wanted to approve of her. Why did it have to work out like this?

Back in her library, Twilight brooded and thought, planned and considered. Now that she'd had some time to calm down, she could bring her full analytical genius to bear on the situation! She broke down whenever she tried to confront Fluttershy and apologize for being so awful, as well as maybe ask her out and tell her that her hair was pretty, but... what if she didn't have to confront Fluttershy to say that? Maybe she could write her a letter! With a victorious grin on her face, Twilight levitated a quill out of its holder and approached her desk. Now, how to do this?

"Dear Fluttershy, PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR BEING SO AWFUL LET ME KISS YOUR HOOVES." Nah, too needy.

"Dear Fluttershy, you're like a butter-yellow star in the sky, which is on the ground, and surrounded by smelly animals-" Hmmm, too purple prose.

"Dear Fluttershy, come see me now. Also I want to touch your pretty hair." Just right! But... Twilight wasn't sure. Should she send this? Was it right? Maybe she should just forget her feelings and remain awkward friends with Fluttershy? Pondering this, she dropped the letter into an envelope and wrote Fluttershy's address on it, just so she wasn't going to lose it. Maybe after a bit of sleep, she'd have a clearer mind.

Blearily, Twilight stumbled upstairs to get some sleep in the middle of the afternoon, her mind wrung out by the immensely emotional things it had been forced through.

Meanwhile, Spike was putting on a pair of overalls, picking up a toolbox and getting ready for the night of his life as he posed in front of a mirror. "Oh yeah, Spike, you're looking hot," he said to himself, "Rarity's going to know what it's all about when she sees this!"

Earlier in the day, Rarity had mentioned that she needed some plumbing done at her boutique, and Spike had seen enough of Rainbow Dash's movie collection to know where that was going. He had no idea how plumbing was done, but as far as he could tell, actually dealing with any pipes wasn't going to be part of the deal.

On the way out, he spotted a letter all wrapped up and ready to send on Twilight's desk. For Fluttershy? Well, it wouldn't be too far out of his way to drop this in Fluttershy's mailbox...

Terror rose like a skeletal hand to grasp Fluttershy's lungs as she read the letter, she could barely breathe: Twilight wanted to see her. She'd stated it so commandingly, obviously there was no more avoiding her fate. she was going to have to visit Twilight, get yelled at, and then leave Ponyville forever. She was a bit puzzled that Twilight wanted to touch her hair but, obviously, her former friend was disgusted by her mane as well as the rest of her. It was probably just a subtle way of saying she was going to shave Fluttershy entirely bald before they cast her out of town. At least she'd get to see Twilight one last time before she left...

Outside, the sun had already dipped below the horizon, and Fluttershy whimpered as she slunk along Ponyville's dark streets towards the library. Timidly, she knocked on the front door, but there was no response, which puzzled Fluttershy, she'd at least expected Spike to be the ever-obedient assistant and open the door for her.

Again she knocked, and waited, then looked around, and finally, nervously, opened the door and slipped inside the dark library. There was no one around on the ground floor, so she tip-toed up the stairs cautiously to Twilight's room.

She gasped as she saw that Twilight was still asleep, snoring away blissfully! This was how little Twilight thought of her, that she could sleep without a worry on the very evening where she was going to banish Fluttershy! Fluttershy was crestfallen and, with her last hopes dashed, began to sob and whimper pitifully, falling to the floor of Twilight's bedroom in a dishevelled pile.

"Snrwhuh?" Twilight blearily blinked herself awake and saw Fluttershy at the foot of her bed, which made her let out her own whimper. Fluttershy hated her so much she was here to murder her in the night! "PLEASE DON'T KILL ME!" She wailed, and drew the covers over her head.

"K-kill you?" Fluttershy sniffled, "...I thought you wanted me here so you could kick me out of Ponyville for being the worst, most hideous pony."

Carefully, Twilight lowered the covers and looked at the teary-eyed Fluttershy, "...I thought you were here to kill me in the middle of the night because you hated how I looked at your beautiful mane."

"T-Twilight," Fluttershy blushed, "...do you really mean it?"

Twilight crawled to the end of her bed almost snout to snout with Fluttershy, and nodded, "I mean it, you're the most beautiful pony I've ever seen."

Both of them paused, looking into each others' eyes. Fluttershy was the first to break the silence. "Um, what do we do now?"

Twilight bit her lip, "Um, I don't know. I've never done this before."

Just then, they heard the front door creak open and slam, "Oh, that must be Spike!" Twilight said, perkily, "I bet he might know! Spiiiiiike!" Twilight called out to the dragon, who stomped sodden and grouchy up to her bedroom door, carrying a plunger, "Um, Fluttershy and I really like each other, what do we do next?"

Spike gave them a deadpan look and stomped away. This was too much bullshit from crazy ponies for one day, he was going to bed. He was also never assuming Rainbow's movie collection was right about anything, ever again.

Twilight bit her lip. Spike had been of no help, now she'd have to take a risk, maybe... she raised a hoof carefully and put it around Fluttershy's shoulders.

Fluttershy stiffened with terror. W-what was this? Twilight was touching her! Was this what sex was like? She hadn't said yes! It was... it was... rape! She swallowed. But if anyone heard about it, they'd think she was a loose pony, a slut, a whore... there was only one solution. She straightened her neck, raised her head and grabbed Twilight by the shoulders.

"Twilight!" Fluttershy said, this had to be done, "Let's get married!"

Twilight's eyes widened in surprise, and terror. She wasn't ready for this but... if she said no, Fluttershy would think she hated her again! "Let's!" She said, smiling at Fluttershy.

And they lived autistically ever after.

Comments ( 10 )

still a better love story than twilight:fluttershbad::twilightoops:

i like it

,':D
*bad pokerface*

Wha- wha- what.. what jus- wha-
I- I- I jus- just do- don't know-

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

I... I love Twishy, but... I'm not sure if I should read this...

Erm... It was interesting, to say the least. It could've been a lot better, though. If you added more details, gave more descriptions throughout the scenes, and tried to make it a little more in character. (I don't think either of them would be so naive...)

However, there's no way I could downvote a Twishy... So you get a thumbs up. :derpytongue2:

1841911
And as for that... Really made me laugh. :rainbowlaugh:

that was great jajajaja
:fluttershysad::heart::twilightblush:

Comment posted by ColdGoldLazarus deleted Oct 23rd, 2014

This was beautiful. :pinkiecrazy:

This still gets me every time, for the cuteness that ensues and those punchlines ahhh

Login or register to comment