• Published 26th Nov 2012
  • 11,083 Views, 971 Comments

My Little Civil Activist: Equality is Magic - GrouchoMarxDisciple



Never did Twilight imagine the inequality that grips Ponyville (pre-season 3)

  • ...
65
 971
 11,083

BONUS CHAPTER: Celestia's response

Luna walked into the Royal Throne room. The grandiose building had lost it's luster on the Royal sisters hundreds of years ago, especially when Luna was dead-tired. She simply trudged toward her sister's throne, where Celestia was reading a scroll of some sort. "Sister, why hast thou called me into thy presence at such an unseemly time of day? I have had a most trying night, and need all the sleep I can get."

Celestia peered over the letter she was reading. "The only reason I would awaken you at this time of day is that I need your counsel."

"Hah. you need my counsel? Sister, do tell. Could it be a Stallion? It's a stallion, isn't it?" Luna perked up. This might prove to be... what's that word Twilight used?... Oh! "Fun".

"It's not just one stallion. It is a city full of them. Read this letter, Luna. I would like to hear how you would respond." Celestia magicked the letter to her sister, who quickly began reading.

As her eyes scanned the page, her smile dissipated. "Twilight is... having a hard time accepting that Mares are superior to Stallions? This seems clear-cut. Simply tell her that that's the way it is. It has been since the dawn of..."

"Sister, in your absence, a lot has changed. Almost everywhere, stallions are given equal rights. This is how it has been for nearly 500 years."

Luna snickered. "That explains Blueblood." she laughed. "And here I thought that he was just acting out-of-place." After seeing Celestia's steely glare, she cleared her throat. "And now we see the predicament. Thy power far exceeds this... isolated democracy, but..."

"It wouldn't be democracy if I stepped in, would it?" Celestia finished her sister's sentence. "So, what do we do?"

Luna thought for a second, and then her eyes lit up. "We could use this to test thy student's astuteness. We can send her a 'follow your heart' type letter, and watch carefully as she makes her choices. It may prepare her for..."

"Her greater purpose." Celestia smiled. "Mother and Father must be watching, after all. Twilight is being prepared."

---

My faithful student,

At this time, for reasons you already know, I am unable to directly affect any of the proceedings in this town. That being said, I hope that I can still help the matter at hand through you.

I am not going to tell you what to do. You must do what you feel is right, of course. Your friends may not agree with you either way, but in the end it is up to you to decide what you value most.

If you were to ask me what I believe, I would simply say that equality is the inherent right of all sentient beings, as is friendship. I feel very strongly for this, but unfortunately cannot act on it in this particular case. Democracy must take its due course.

I have all faith that you will do the right thing, my pupil.

Your mentor,

Princess Celestia

Author's Note:

This is to celebrate being featured. Enjoy. :trollestia: