• Published 22nd Nov 2012
  • 1,984 Views, 84 Comments

Vanished - Azure Steel



After seeing a strange light I am thrown to the world of Equus, and things only get stanger from there

  • ...
13
 84
 1,984

Latin got boring

Chapter 11: Latin got boring

I'm kind of sad right now. Damn it... I really wanted more gems. But spike said he wasn't even supposed to eat those, he only gave me one because he knew Twilight would have wanted to know if I could eat gems too. And he's probably right, but she may have been more up for testing the immunity to cutting thing, which I don't really want to try unless it's to save my life. Which it probably will. Oh well. Guess I'll just go practice my hellfire magic in a extremely flammable building. Yeah, that sounds like a good idea.

"Say, Spike?" He looks up to me. "Yeah?" "Don't suppose you know what Twilight plans for me to do while I'm here." The question made sense. I can't stay in the library forever, and the town's peo- er... ponies won't stay ignorant to my presents for long. Although, it would be kind of fun to try. Getting around town like a thief, or ninja. Or an assassin... Or maybe a thieving assassin ninja.

"Well, I think the girls want to show you around town. Though, they'll probably introduce you to the town first." Oh this is going to be 'fun'. I can see it now:

Aliens from other reality appears in Equestria, what will you do to prevent invasion?

I picture redneck ponies with shotguns.

How would they even hold the guns?

Better question; what would the guns look like?

I wonder if I can fly...

Maybe they- wait... what?

I'm just thinking. My magic can create fire, but can also break barriers. Who's to say it can't do other stuff, like flying.

Well, even if you can, that seems a bit far into to magic to accomplish. Farther than you've gotten.

Yeah I know, just a thought.

"Thomas?" Spike seems a bit worried. I wonder why. "Yeah?" He looks at me, but it does seem like he's looking AT me. I think he's looking at something else.

"Are you sure you're alright? I mean from Twilight blasting you." I feel fine, everything is where it should be. Physically and mentally. Does something look wrong? Do I have something on my face?! "Nothing feels wrong, why do you ask?" He gives me a funny look. "Cause your eyes are still messed up." What!

I run to the bathroom and look in the mirror. He's right. My eyes are still blue and red, but... I don't get the same feeling that I did before when I looked at them. I just see my eyes. No feeling of anger or calmness, of rage or sadness. I let my head drop. *sigh* "Well I guess that's one good thing." I look back at myself. It was the first time I got to just study my eyes. And I guess I looked pretty cool with one blue, and one red eye.

Still I can't help but wonder why my eyes are still like this. Was I wrong? Are the voices still there, but they're in a deeper part of my mind? A part of my mind I can't hear, or reach? Hopefully Rage won't be the first I meet again if they are still there, but I'll have to wait and see. No use thinking about it now, we'll wait for when that time comes. Then face it.

I go to leave the bathroom when I freeze. Not because I say something in the mirror, or a monster was behind me, or anything like that. More so, I actually froze. My hand felt like it was holding ice. I look at my hand's emblem, and it's changed. For real this time.

But this time it didn't change into any of the colors already on the star. It's a bright, white blue. It could easily be mistaken for silver. And the points of the star have changed to. The top was blue, the left was gold, the right was violet, and the bottom point is white. What was previously a dark, red star now looked like a bright, shimmering light.

What the hell happened to me now

Achievement unlocked: Blizzard fist

What, you think I have ice powers now?

Well, your hand is cold now, so why don't you try?

I focus one my hand again, and unlike with fire the 'ice' came out a lot easier. Though, if it is ice, it's not the ice of any liquid I've ever seen. It looks like a teal mist, it flickered like fire except it moved slower. At this point my hand was tingling, it was like pins and needles, but less uncomfortable. It had a dim glow to it with ribbons of light circling my hand and part of my forearm, making look like wisps were flying around my arm.

The sound made it seem like it too. The sound was like a bunch of quiet, drawn out cries. They didn't sound sad, or mad. It sound like they were speaking; speaking to me.

Well, guess I might as well see what it does

I point my hand at the floor and focus more of this... stuff into my hand. After I have a good amount. And by good I mean I couldn't see my hand anymore. I release it at the floor and, I didn't get what I expected.

I was launched at the ceiling, not expecting the force that came out of my hand. It was like shooting a shotgun but with a lot more recoil. The floor now has a small, fist-sized crater in it, and the ceiling has a head imprint. Oh my god. That was awesome.

May the force be with you, young mage.

After I recover, shaking my head a bit, I try something else. I focus on an object in the room and try to reach out to it with my magic. Imagining my energy raping around it like a sheet. After a second or so, slowly, it rises with a light blue glow around it. It hold it's position for a bit and then I put it back down.

Sweet Jesus

You know, that looks familiar

Really? What does it look like?

It looks like when Twilight was levitating books around

Wait... so it's not ice, but arcane. My magic just got a lot more awesome.

Indeed it has

But, no I only have more questions...

I go back outside to the center of the library. Spike working around. I'm surprised he didn't hear that. Take a seat and look at my hands. Up to now I've just been winging it, just using my magic as it comes, not think about the how, why or when my magic works. If I am to truly live in this world, this world where fantasy is reality, I need to step up my game. It may only be my second day here, but best to start now instead of regretting it later. I decide to think on it. I close my eyes and try to get inside my own head. I'm a skilled lucid dreamer, and can very easily fall asleep when I want to. But this will be the first time I've tried to simply travel into my mind.

I imagine myself falling into a hole, it's dark and bottomless. It has no features, just a black void. I see myself get deeper and deeper into this void, removing myself from reality. I feel myself drifting off, my senses get foggy and my thoughts calmer and slower. At my last conscious moment, I think one word.

Magic

"Uuugh" I groan. "What just happened?" I get up onto my knees, still looking at the ground. "What the hell? Grass? Am I outside?" I stand up to my tallest and look around. "Whoa..." Everywhere I look it just massive, never ending forest. The trees are tall, couldn't see the tops, but I could see light shining down.

The forest wasn't very dark, it was very well lit. The rays of light being evenly spread out to illuminate the whole forest with a serine glow. The forest itself was equally serine.

The trees are wide and straight, their bark being not to rough and not smooth enough so critters couldn't climb up them. The trees were a light brown, and their leaves were a dark green. The light that shown through the leaves made them appear to shimmer, this also making the light around the forest ground dance.

I felt very calm here, I don't hear anything except for birds. And for the life I couldn't remember how I got here, or why for that matter. But I didn't really care, I felt at peace here. I was content with just standing here. Standing here forever.

My trance is broken when I hear a sound in the distance, greatly contrasting to the calm forest. "That sound..." I've heard it before, but I couldn't place the where. The name of who made it on the other hand, I remember. How could I not, she was a large part of my childhood. And a part of one of the greatest times in my life, a part were I didn't worry about things like money, or people for that matter.



"Saria?"

Comments ( 14 )

2642391 Well. You really appear to like making comments.

2641759 There aren't that many in comparison to some other stories.

2641765>>2641786 Thank for pointing those out.:scootangel:

2642379 He doesn't have super powers, just magical ones.

2642372 Better to know what he's thinking instead of being completely lost on why he does shit.

JBL

2643339 2643306 Oh he can talk to himself, it's just that I've never liked stories where there's a voice talking back! :twilightoops:

Internal thoughts are good, but I draw the line when they end up taking up most of the chapter.

2643294 I think the problem is that they're abrupt and in your face. It was a off-putting...

I believe the problem is that I came in here with the expectation of more of the dark, tragedy, adventure tags; yet a lot of the content revolves around comedy, which was not what I expected...

2643376 The comedy tag is there for a reason, and this is only the beginning. Once things get moving the dark and tragedy stuff will get moved in. Thomas has only just got to Equestria, so he doesn't have enough of a connection to it to cause any tragic moments. And this is a bit of a self insert so you know, and I really do talk to myself back and forth like you see in the story, sometimes even out loud.

I get what your saying, but the stuff I've put here is to develop the story and to keep it going. There will be many changes to Vanished as I go along, and there will be chapters with less, or even no internal thoughts. The same goes for perspective changing and Thomas ending up in a different place every time he sleeps.

This is my first story you know, I'm going to see how it goes. As long as it doesn't go bad, I think I'll keep it going.

I also don't see you writing any stories, before you can truly criticize, you need to experience what it's like to do what your criticizing. Writing is by no mean easy. If you look at my chapter addition dates, they are months apart. It takes a lot of time to think up ideas for me, and even longer to actually get them on the site. By many standards I would be considered a novice writer.

JBL

2645667

I also don't see you writing any stories, before you can truly criticize, you need to experience what it's like to do what your criticizing. Writing is by no mean easy. If you look at my chapter addition dates, they are months apart. It takes a lot of time to think up ideas for me, and even longer to actually get them on the site. By many standards I would be considered a novice writer.

No need to take it personally. By your logic, anyone who hasn't written a story should not dare speak a word against you because "they don't know what it's like" and their opinion isn't relevant. Instead of taking that attitude, try to see what I've said for what it was meant to be: constructive criticism. Different readers will have various reactions to what you write, and you can't take the good and throw out the bad. Other writers appreciate this as it gives them an indication of what and how they needed to improve (in their words). To be blunt, you need to grow a thicker skin, if you've let what I say get you so defensive.

By the way, if you check my profile, you'll see a link to fanfiction where I've got the story I'm in the middle of right now, so I know one or two things about writing, I've experienced what it is like, as you put it. :raritywink:

I do plan on following this story to see where it goes, since it has interested me. Hopefully we see some more development in the future. :twilightsmile:

JBL

Me eyes are still blue and red

My eyes (unless he's Scottish! :rainbowlaugh:)

I felt very calm here, I don't here anything except for birds.
I don't hear anything

BTW: Did you draw the picture yourself?

anyone who hasn't written a story should not dare speak a word against you because "they don't know what it's like" and their opinion isn't relevant.

2646637 Sorry if you took it the wrong way, but that's not what I meant. What I mean is there is no reason to do what you did and make a instructive comment on every chapter. It's alright to just give me pointers on how to make the story better or tell me where I made spelling errors, but you don't need to criticize my way of writing or how I choose the story to unfold. Light criticism is fine, but you're laying it on a little thick for me. Thank you.:twilightsmile:

And I have a think skin, I grew up being the youngest of five and two of my brothers have anger issues. I never said stop what you're doing, the rest of your latest comment is fine, and makes sense. Just remember you can say the same thing two different ways and it could be taken as positive one way, and negative the other way.

JBL

2646648 I think you're the first writer who didn't like comments for each chapter, most just eat it up :rainbowlaugh:

Heh, since you asked so nicely I'll ease up, but I was serious when I said you needed to grow a thicker skin, since there will be people who will be a lot more harsh if and when they read this story. Good luck in your writing. :twilightsmile:

2646661 Did you not read my whole comment?

JBL

2646666 Didn't catch the second part you edited in before I posted.

2646645 I did draw the picture myself. And thank you for pointing out the errors.

Login or register to comment