• Published 22nd Nov 2012
  • 1,984 Views, 84 Comments

Vanished - Azure Steel



After seeing a strange light I am thrown to the world of Equus, and things only get stanger from there

  • ...
13
 84
 1,984

Ego vos feci vertendumque

Chapter 10: Ego vos feci vertendumque

I feel very constricted. I can't see anything. And my own body feels foreign to me. Man I hate walking up. I open my eyes for the first time since I woke up from that weird ass dream. Well, it was pretty normal considering whats happened to me up to now, but...you know...dreams feel that way a lot.

I raise my hand to my eye and am 'happy' to see it not different colors. It is it's 'normal' red with three different colored points, the fourth being red to begin with. Next, I try lighting my hand on fire again, and the success of this attempt actually perked me up a bit. I may be in a fucked up magical world with ponies, but at least I still got some fire power of my own. Heh...fire power.

Aaaaaand enough of this.

I get out of bed, then proceed to almost fall over from vertigo. Once I'm stable I begin to head down stairs, where I (once again) hear noise.

I better not still be dreaming.

Otherwise the effort you put into getting up would be wasted.

Once the Library was in view I see what was making the noise. It was just Spike, nobody else was around.

"Hey, Spike." My call must have startled him, because he was now underneath the load of books he was carrying.

"Uhh, sorry. Didn't mean to scare ya."

Popping his head out from under the books he says: "You didn't scare, just wasn't expecting it." Yeah, riiiight. Anyway back to the task at hand.

"Where's Twilight and the others?" They don't appear to be here as far as I can see.

"Oh, Twilight is just out getting some things, she should be back soon." I don't know if I should consider that I good thing or a bad thing. "Everypony else is off doing their own things." Hmm, odd. They must be awfully trusting to leave me alone with a baby dragon... Then again, he's a 'dragon'. What am I going to do? His scales are probably like armor, and he can breath fire. Though I can probably do that too now. I wonder what fire tastes like?

I think you really have gone insane. Most people would be worried they'd burn their mouth. But you're just wondering what it tastes like.

Dude, shut up. You're me, you're wondering what it tastes like too.

It probably tastes like Hell, with a hint of raging inferno.

Well lets see if you're right.

Wait, what?

I take a deep breath and do what I usually did to bring out my fire. But, instead of having it build up and focus, I had it grow into a swirling vortex of energy in the back of my throat. Once I felt like I had enough to breath fire, but not burn down the tree, I released my breath along with the built up energy. The result was not what I was expecting, but still pretty cool.

Out from my mouth came a fist sized fire ball which, due to me not focusing the energy, dissipated a few feet in front of me.

"Whoa, what the heck was that!" Spike shouted.

I pause for a second before responding. "Hmm, so fire does have a taste." I mutter.

"How did you do that?!"

I shrug. "I'm a pyrokinetic." Spike just gives me a startled and confused look.

"Whats that mean, that you can breath fire?"

I tilt my head a bit. "Well yeah, but It also means my whole body can generate and control fire."

His face got less startled, but more confused. "Have you always been able to do that?"

I shrug again. "I dunno, maybe." Obviously a lie, the answer to that question should have been no, but meh.

"OK...then why did you do that? Shoot fire out I mean." He asks.

"I was curious if fire tasted like anything, and it does. Don't have anything to compare it to though."

Spike gives me a skeptical look. "Are you sure you aren't some sort of scaleless dragon? Because as weird as that sounds, it seems more believable." Que flashback... yep still human.

"No, I'm pretty sure I'm still a human, but I guess if someone doesn't believe me that I'm an alien from another world or I'm not allowed to tell them that, then that will be a good back story." Spike face...palms? Claws? Whatever.

"You want to try testing it?" The question catches me off guard. Test what?

"Huh?" I say, giving him a face that's only meaning can be: What?

"I mean test to see if you have any other dragon qualities." I think about it for a second. Natsu sometimes grew scales at really intense scenes, and even flew before. And there was that time he ate Etherion, which looked like gemstone and I'm pretty sure dragon fangs can break gemstone. Why not see if I'm like a dragon.

"Sure, I guess." This could be fun to try.

"Cool, lets go in the kitchen." Spike says whilst heading to said kitchen. The kitchen? Why there?

I follow Spike into the kitchen. He runs over to a cupboard while I wait by the table. He comes back with a, honest to god, bowl of assorted gemstones. I couldn't help but be surprised. This amount would cost a fortune back on Earth, and he had them sitting around in a kitchen. Either gems are very common in Equestria, or Twilight is loaded. Considering she lives in a tree library, I'm going to assume the former until further notice.

"Try eating one." He says it like he's giving me a damn cookie! Man I hope I don't break my teeth off these. I take one from the bowl, I can't remember what this gem is called. It's a bright yellow. I want to say topaz, but I'd probably be wrong.

I give it a once over, checking to see if it may be plastic or glass. I may not be an expert, but I think it's the real deal. With a small pause I through it in my mouth, an act that would make penny pinchers turn in their graves, and bit down. I hear a crack. OH SHIT, WAS THAT MY TOOTH?!?! I freeze for a second, waiting for the pain. Aaaand... nothing. No pain. No me screaming bloody murder. I am instead complimented with something else, something I really wasn't expecting. This shit tastes like fucking rock candy! But like... a hundred times better! I continue to chew then swallow. Holy crap, that's amazing. I can't believe this. I just ate a gemstone. Gemstones are among the hardest materials on Earth, and I just fucking ate one, and it was damn delicious too.

"Spike?" I say with no emotion.

"Yeah?"

"That was the single most delicious thing I have ever eaten!"

"I thought it would be." Wait a sec.

"Wait, you mean you knew I'd be able to eat that? How?" Can he see the future?

"Well, the reason dragons can breath fire without burning our insides is because of a magic coating. This coating is in our mouths, on our teeth, and on our scales, and basically our entire bodies. So, I thought that if you could breath fire without burning yourself, you must have this coating too." .....well that explains why my fire doesn't burn my hand, I probably have the coating on my skin too. Sweeeeeet.

"That is pretty awesome, if I have this I wonder what other dragon abilities I have." Not that I'm complaining about the ones I already have, but...you know.

"Well since you do have this coating, you should be able to stand in lava, and your skin should be really tough too."

Cool. "Awesome, how tough?"

He thinks for a second. "Well, you should be difficult to cut, but impacts still hurt." Note To Self: Blades good, Hammers bad. P.S. don't go jumping off cliffs.

"Since I really don't feel like cutting myself right now I think I'll just put that one as a maybe."

Spike rubs the back of his head before continuing. "Yeah, that's a good idea."

"So, Spike."

"Hmm?"

"You think I could have another one?"

Author's Note:

Yes, finally got another one out. Sorry for nothing big really happening here, I'm still fighting through writers block. It's a losing battle so far, but this is a good start. I'll keep trying to push out chapters and I promise something will happen in the next chapter.