• Published 22nd Nov 2012
  • 1,984 Views, 84 Comments

Vanished - Azure Steel



After seeing a strange light I am thrown to the world of Equus, and things only get stanger from there

  • ...
13
 84
 1,984

Exordium

Chapter 4: Exordium

Did I ever mention I hate waking up? No? Well I do, and getting out of a demon induced coma isn't a cake walk either.

Errrrrhh, my feels....

Get up

Fuck you, I'm tired

Only when ends have been tied, do you have my permission to sleep

Uhhg, even my normal days become abnormal with you around, Brain

I try

My head hurt. I can't explain the feeling I have right now. One does not simply grade their headache. But all the same......it....hurt. And the 'me hating mornings' thing doesn't help, it actual seems to only intensify this.

I've always had an eternal friend by my side, pain. Whether it be emotional, mental or physical. It was always their to say 'Yo dumbass, you're doing it wrong' or 'stairs are for your feet, not your face' or sometimes 'I have no reason to be here, but I felt like hanging out'.

Pain +9

Intelligence -4

Stamina -3

Charisma -1

Shut up

Fucks Given -9001

Slowly, I start to open my eyes. My vision is blurry, but I would be able to read the first 4 rows of an eye chart, so good enough. I look around half expecting to be someplace else again. I let out a sigh of relief when I see I'm still in the tree house, but I have been moved back into the bed.

I try to get up from the bed and find it very difficult. I look down under the covers and see that I am now tied to it. My legs and arms are free, although there is still some rather thick coils of rope tied around my abdomen; encircling the width of the bed.

I pull at the ropes, they're pretty tight. I look for the knots in the rope, but they weren't in sight. They were probably at the side or underneath the bed. I swear under my breath and try to tear the ropes off.

"Hmph!"

"Ge!"

"Ha!"

"Ffff-"

The ropes hold firm. "Damn." "I was hoping making Link noises would help." *sigh* "Guess I'll wait till someone comes in." I say giving up with the ropes.

*eeEEee*

I freeze. Having heard step from the other side of the door. "Well that didn't take long." I thought as the steps got closer.

"I don't understand why we don't just take it to the hospital." said Rainbow Dash "There's definitely something wrong with it, and it shouldn't be here where it could....infect us or something."

"Rainbow, ah don't think them doctors have ever cured 'bleedin' black blood from yer eyes' disease." retorted Applejack.

"Yes, and I need to find out what it's doing here as soon as possible." said Twilight. "And I can't do that with them testing it for a sickness it may or may not even have."

"Fine, but keep it away from me, I can't be getting sick and risk lessening my awesomeness."

Okay that one has a little to much pride......and smugness. Just the way she says 'it' gives me the feeling she looks down at me, way down. But I won't let that bother me, I need to get on their good side, act harmless and forgiving.

The door opens up and the three I heard walk in, followed by another three. All who begin to stare at me, like they didn't even expect me to be there. The rainbow-maned one speaks up.

"It's awake." she simple said.

Good job stating the obvious there, skittles

There was I short silence, but it felt pretty long to me. Afterwards, the purple one with the pink streak in her mane stepped towards me, causing her to become the center of attention.

She went up to the side of the bed and looked me in the eyes. Which I did NOT like. I quickly averted my eyes, looking at the end of the bed. I still feel her eyes on my though. Next the yellow one spoke up.

"Um......Twilight.....I..I think you're making him nervous." she said, looking at me with bright forest green eyes. And she was right, this purple one is making me nervous. I think I feel some sweat on my brow.

"Oh....sorry, I was just checking something." the purple one said, which I now know goes by the name Twilight.

"Well if yer down checking, it looks rather calm now.....so I think ah'll untie the ropes." said the orange one wearing a stetson. Which I'd have to say looks rather ridiculous.

The ropes are untied and I rub the place they once were. "Thanks." I quietly say, making the whole room seem to jump.

"It can talk?!" the rainbow-maned one half shouted, looking very surprised.

I couldn't help but take offense to that. They believed I couldn't talk? What, were the clothes not an indication? I then proceed to notice that they're all naked.

Oh

I have a feeling that might come up in future conversation at sometime......awkwardly

"Um......yeah...I can talk." I say a bit hesitant.

"Oh thank Celestia, that will make this a whole lot easier." said Twilight "I have so many questions I need to ask you."

"Oh....um....o...okay." I say, now even more nervous than before. "Wha...what do you want to know?"

"Well first, what are you?" Twilight asked

"A-a human." I answer.

"A human?"

"Y-yes."

"Okay, where are you from?"

"Um.....On-Ontario."

"I've...never heard of the place, is it nearby?"

"Uhh....no......it's really really far away."

"How really far?"

"Uhhm...........you could walk for a million years and never even get to the half-way point."

"That far!?" I nod.

"How did you get here?" she said continuing.

I open my mouth to answer, but remember what Tenebris said.

"I......I don't know." I say with a bit of genuine sadness in my voice. And it wasn't like I was lying, I didn't know how I got here, I just know who caused it.

"You...you don't?" I nod again in agreement.

"Do you know how to get back?" I stay silent, still not meeting Twilight's gaze.

I hadn't really thought about it until know. How will I get back, will I ever go back. Tenebris may have said I needed to be sent here, but he never said if I'd get to go back home. I start to think of everyone back home. My mom, my dad, my brothers, my friends. I may never see them again, and they won't even know where I've gone. They'll be searching for me, but....they won't find me. I feel something wet stream down my face, I'm crying a bit.

I've never cried, not since I was little. Tears from pain and lack of sleep don't count, those are physical tears, not emotional tears.

I just sat there and silently cried, hardly breathing while the reality of this sinks in. There wasn't a lot of tears, but they were there. I really didn't even feel that sad, but if anything......that just made me feel worse. I should feel sadder, I should be full out crying with what I've just lost. I didn't just lose my home, I lost my life.

POV change: Twilight Sparkle

Oh no, what did I just say?!

Twilight felt horrible for making him cry, she felt horrible for being so insensitive. She hasn't even learned his name yet and she goes and asks all these questions. Now she felt like crying.

I shouldn't have asked these questions so soon, I should have waited longer

"I....I'm sorry....I-I shouldn't have said anything.....I..." Twilight began, not knowing what she should say.

"No, I'm fine." he said in an emotionless tone. "My thoughts would have come to it sooner or later, it's....better they get out of the way now."

Twilight didn't feel any better with him saying that. Whether they would have or not, she was the one that brought them up. She caused this by not being patient enough.

"I...I...umm." Twilight stammered.

"What she means to say is we'll try and help you." said the one with the stetson. "Twilight here is real good with magic and maybe she can find a way, and if that don't work we can see if Celestia can help ya get home."

Twilight hadn't thought of that. If this was caused by magic than maybe she could reverse it. And if she can't they could always see if Celestia could. But Twilight still felt a bit angry at Applejack. Putting his hopes up could just make matters worse. What if they can't send him back, what if he's stuck here.

"I don't know if that would work." he said.

"Huh?" all ponies present said in unison.

"Even if there was a spell that could send me back, how would you aim it?" he said "How would you even know where to look, let alone get me there."

He had a point. Even if the magic used to bring him here left a trail, he said it was really far away. And if it's as far as he let it out to be, the trail would be spread far too thin to follow. The only way to get him back is if they knew the exact spell that was used and the method.

Twilight was a bit surprised at how quickly he overruled Applejack's idea, it didn't even look like he had to think about it to know it wouldn't work. Either it was obvious to him, or he thinks very fast.

POV change: Thomas

Damn, since when do I think that deeply that fast. I didn't miss a beat and shot down the idea while it was still spinning in the air. Though it's not like I should be happy I shot that down, at least I would have had some hope.......even if only for a while.

"Be that as it may, Twilight is astounding with her magical talent and could still get it to work." "Right Twilight?" said the pearl white one that had remain quiet till now.

"I....I don't know......maybe." Twilight said solemnly.

"A maybe's not a no yet, and a maybe could still be a yes." said the pink one with the poofy hair. "So, turn that frownie upside down aroundsie and have a 'make me feel better' cupcake!" she then proceeds to pull a blue and pink frosted, chocolate cupcake out of nowhere.

"Uhhhhh......I think I'll pass on the cupcake." I say, not really feeling like eating at the moment.

Or eating law defying, anti-depressive baked goods for that matter

"But its really really good, and there's even chocolate inside the chocolate." she says trying to lure me in with its obviously chocolaty goodness.

Yo dawg, I heard you like chocolate

Not now, Brain, talking with ponies

If we were in any other place right now, I would have rage quit on the spot with what you just said

"Anyway." said the rainbow-maned one, speaking up again. "We'll try and help you."

"Nopony deserves to lose their home." whispered the yellow one.

"We'll help ya through this, partner." said the stetson pony "But we should start off by introducing each other." "Ah'm Applejack, so what's yer name?"

".....Thomas." I have the feeling this is going to be a fun/scary/insane ride.



Well here's chapter four. I was going to take the cliche and make it that I'm all happy and excited to be in a world of magic with talking horses and sad stuff is thrown in between, but decided against it. I think it's better that moments like this are out of the way, so 'fiction me' doesn't progressively get sadder and sadder and have an emotional break-down in the future.

Azure Steel