• Published 19th Nov 2012
  • 4,749 Views, 575 Comments

Trapped - Gylden Glor



Without that precious program in this simuation, I find myself trapped.

  • ...
32
 575
 4,749

PreviousChapters Next
A Few Drinks

As we enter the public drinking house, the stallion at the counter only has to see Twilight's mane to recognize her.

"Hello, Twilight. I was wondering when I would see you here," the barkeep says in a somber, almost pitiful, tone of voice. I instantly recognize as one of the ponies at the funeral. He had said very few words, and simply told Twilight that all drinks would be on the house. Apparently, he feels the need to remind us of that. "For you and your friend, I'll cover the drinks. Go get a corner seat, and I'll send somepony over for your orders in a few minutes. You go ahead and find some privacy, okay?"

Twilight nods in appreciation, and I follow the somber unicorn to the back of the pub, where we sit down in a very private, very secluded corner booth. More likely than not, this has been nicknamed the funeral booth due to how set apart it is.

Within moments, a pony is taking our orders. I get a beer, and Twilight a wine. A few seconds later, I find myself nursing the beer I ordered.

"So, how do you like your drink?" Twilight asks in an attempt to start a conversation.

I take a sip of the beer, and frown in appreciation of the bitter yet warm taste. It definitely has a taste of malt and of wheat, coming together to form a dry yet satisfying drink. "It's really good," I respond as I pop a few complimentary peanuts into my mouth.

Twilight nods, and takes another sip of her wine. As we sit there in silence for about a minute, I feel myself getting slightly lightheaded.

"So, have you ever had a drink before, Peter?" Twilight asks.

"A few times," I respond. I'm simply waiting for a dam to burst in Twilight's silence, as I can see the pain rising in her eyes. "I've never actually been drunk before, though."

She nods, and I sigh as I take another sip of beer. Twilight shuffles a tiny bit closer to me, and I raise an eyebrow at her. She sees my look, and she rolls her eyes with a huff.

"Don't flatter yourself," she grumbles as she takes another sip of wine. I chuckle, and return to my beer, letting it ease the tempest of guilt in my mind.

"Spike was always so nice," Twilight finally says after several minutes.

Boom. First crack in the dam.

"Well, you did a good job of raising him," I say.

She nods, and falls silent for a few moments.

"Even when I bossed him around, he...He was still so compliant," Twilight tells me after a minute or so. "And he never got angry at me, or frustrated...And even when he was trying to make me stop, it was to help me. And I never said so much as thank you..."

I look over at her in pity, and give her a small, sad smile. "But you always knew how grateful you were, Twilight. And from what I can tell, you cared about him quite a lot. I have no doubt that you let him know how much you appreciated him every day."

She sighs, and I pat her on the shoulder. "Twi', he's in a better place now. And trust me, he now knows how much you love him. Trust me, he does. And he always have."

She gives me with a sad smile, and I have to bite my tongue. I almost told her all about Grendel, and how he didn't know any better. I doubt that would end well...

"I just...I just want him, back, Peter," she whimpers, the smile fast fading from her face. "I want to see him smile one last time..."

I frown, and offer her my hand. She places her hoof in my palm, and I squeeze it, trying desperately to comfort her.

"Twilight, we're all here for you," I tell her. "We're all willing to listen to anything you have to say. If you want to talk about anything, you can come to any of us, okay? Even Rainbow Dash, no matter how out of touch she can seem at times."

She smiles at me, and I smile back at her. I take a deep breath, and tell her something that is never easy to accept. "And I'm not going to lie, Twilight: it's not going to go away. The pain will always be there, and in your weakest moments, it will come back in full force. Trust me when I say that your life will never be the same. Even the best moments will seem hallowed by his absence in your life. And you can never replace him. Ever. But you will be able to accept it. You will eventually find peace. And you have to understand that this is not something you, yourself, can achieve. Only your friends can help you find peace within yourself, and only finding yourself within them can help you to recover."

She puts down her wine glass, and smiles at me. I notice that she's totally polished off her wine, and her face is now flushed. She's staring at me in admiration, and I can't help but blush.

"Peter," she says softly, "you're very wise...And smart. And you're a great friend..."

Oh thank God, I think to myself. I've never been happy to be friend zoned before...

"Thank you," I say, smiling at her as I let go of her hoof, and take another sip of my beer.

"And...I know that you and Rainbow are dating, but..."

I hold up a hand at that point. "Wherever you think this is going, it's not. I'm here as a friend, nothing more."

"Once again," she interrupts, "don't flatter yourself. I just want to know what she's like, y'know, under that shell of hers. She's obviously comfortable with you, so surely, she must let you see her as she truly is...right? I mean, there's got to be more to her than her tough brashness, right? And I know, you two are dating, so it's something that only you have the privilege to see, but...I'd still like to know."

I shrug as Twilight asks the question. "To be totally honest...I wouldn't feel comfortable with telling you about how she acts with me..."

Twilight nods, and I sigh in relief. I look down at my beer, and notice that it's empty.

"Want a refill?" She asks me. I nod, and she departs to get more. She returns with five beers, and five glasses of wine.

"Why so many?" I ask in surprise.

"After the state you were in today, you need a few drinks," she mutters. "And I feel like I deserve a few..."

I nod. "Yeah, you do...Well, cheers. To Spike."

"To Spike," she echoes as she clinks her wine glass against my beer bottle.

About twenty minutes later, we're both laughing, and slumped over on the table.

"There was one...One time, when Spike...When Spike was sick, and I had Fluttershy wa-watch him for me, while I was in Canterlot getting medicine...And then, and then...Rainbow visited, and he vomited all over her mane!! I had to help her clean it up!"

We both burst into laughter, and I slam my fist on the table.

"Oh, Spike...He's so silly..."

I try to take a sip of my beer, but I notice that it is empty. As is every other beer on the table. How much did I drink? Five...Six bottles? I think? No, it...It must've been...Four...I couldn't have had THAT much! It feels like just five minutes ago...I was sipping on my first!

Twilight begins to giggle, and at absolutely nothing.

"Wh...What's so funny?"

"My wine is empty," she responds. "It's all empty!"

I begin to giggle, as well, and I check each of her wine glasses, to make sure she's not lying.

"Yer tellin' the truth," I mumble.

And then I realize something: no more beer, no more wine. We should go back and stuff...Yeah.

"So, do you want to go back to the guest chambers, or somethin' or other?" I ask, trying to stand, but losing my balance with a wobbly wobble.

Twilight nods, and we help each other out of the booth, leaning on each other in some really awkward way. I somehow end up with my legs wrapped around her neck, and I find that we're outside.

"Whoa," I burp, struggling to get up. As I do, I eventually bring Twilight to her hind hooves, and we walk like that, balancing and wobbling and tripping and wibbly wobble wibble wibble.

When we finally arrive back at the guest chambers, Twilight and I are giggling like mad. She and I continuously stumbled and tripped the entire time here, and just couldn't get around the fact that the other had fallen, or that the other had fallen into a rosebush. By the way, the other that fell into the rosebush still has a thorn stuck in his left buttocks, and it hurts like hell.

I open the door, and let Twilight in, bursting into laughter as she trips over the threshold.

"Sick one, asshole," I mutter as I walk in, and promptly trip over a lavender hoof.

I roll onto my back, laughing at how fate has a cruel sort of irony.

"Peter? Twilight?"

I look up, and see that Rainbow Dash and Applejack are standing there, upside down.

"Why're you two upside down?" I ask.

"How much did you two drink?" The cyan Pegasus demands. I hiccup, and mumble out two words.

"A bit..."

Rainbow Dash presses her hoof to her face with a grunt. "How many?"

"I dunno, babe...like, six or sevenzies? I'unno...Hey, why're you upside down?"

"How'd you two even pay for those many drinks?" Rainbow asks me as she helps me get up with a grunt. I giggle. "It was on the housey house," I respond. "Like the cow on the moon...Over the house..."

Rainbow Dash rolls her eyes with a sigh. "Peter, you've got to learn to hold your liquor better..."

I grab hold of her ear, and she yelps in surprise as I tug at it. "I can hold on to you pretty good, though," I remark. She shakes my hand off, and hurries to get me into our bed. As to why...I think I hear a certain unicorn gettin' in trouuuuubbbbllllllleeeee......Eheheheheheee....Twilight's gettin' yelled at by the Applejack...

Rainbow Dash pulls the curtains shut (when'd I get into bed?), and looks at me with a frown.

"You're obviously drunk," she remarks. I shrug. "So?"

She sighs, and climbs into bed next to me. "The morning is going to be hell for you..."

I wince as the bed bounces. That thorn is still stuck in my butt...

Not caring what Rainbow may think, I reach into my pants, and begin to fumble about on my backside. Rainbow simply stares on with a poker face of true strength, but winces in sympathy as I remove a red-tipped thorn from my pants.

"How'd that happen?" She asks.

"Fell into a thorn bush," I respond.

She sighs, and hands me a mint. "Applejack and I were ready for you two to come back drunk, so we made a plan," she explains. "Right now, Applejack is probably yelling at Twilight, while I'm helping you get past your first time drunk in Equestria. Now, your breath smells, so take this mint. Please. I mean, seriously, your breath smells like ass..."

I oblige, and take the mint, sucking on it before I finally crush it with my teeth. As soon as I finish it, Rainbow Dash leans close to me with a suggestive smile. "Let's test out that mint," she whispers, before kissing me. I oblige, and, within a few seconds, I find her tongue darts into my mouth, and touches mine.

And that's when I freak out.

"Whoa!" I cry, pulling back, rubbing the saliva from her tongue off of mine with the back of my hand. The feeling of her tongue on mine has substantially sobered me. "Slow down there, racer!" I mutter, shuddering as I think of a horses tongue being in my mouth..."I'm not exactly ready for-"

"Okay," she says. "I understand. Let's just get some sleep, okay?"

I smile at her. "Thanks for understanding," I say as I hug her. "I was kind of afraid I would hurt you..."

She smiles, and pats my back with a hoof. "Nah. I'm a badass. Nopony can hurt me!"

"Okay," I say. "Good thing I ain't a pony!" I shout as I slam my palm into her back.

"OW!" She shouts. "Peter, I think you're still drunk..."

I chuckle, and let out my own cry of pain as she slams her hoof into my spine.

"Okay...I deserved that," I admit as I rub my back. She simply chuckles, and lets go of me with a happy sigh.

"I think we should get some sleep," Rainbow says. "Besides, you've gotta sleep off your beer, right?"

I chuckle, and nod. "Yeah...I guess I do, don't I? Heh, it's weird...I can feel the drunkiness coming back...Must've been the shock of your tongue in my mouth that sobered me up for a total of ten minutes..."

I definitely feel the beer's effect coming back. Weird, how the mind will process alcohol when it's relaxed, but in a state of shock, it'll become clear, and then go back to being fuzzy when everything's over and it can afford to relax.

And that made no sense, did it?

Eh, whatever...

"Peter, maybe you should get some sleep..."

"Yeah," I say, yawning as I lean back onto the pillow. "Sleep off the liquor..."

She sighs, and lays down next to me. After a few moments, I wrap an arm around her, and she snuggles up to me in an adorable way.

"Good night, Peter," she whispers.

"Good night, Rainbow Dash..."

And, with that, I practically pass out, as my first time being drunk has been pleasantly exhausting.


Please note, I made this chapter so that it could serve as a mood breaker. Nothing more. Just a way to break up the mood between chapters.

PreviousChapters Next