• Published 19th Nov 2012
  • 4,743 Views, 575 Comments

Trapped - Gylden Glor



Without that precious program in this simuation, I find myself trapped.

  • ...
32
 575
 4,743

Chapters Next
Simulation

I flex my arms, my legs, my neck; everything’s intact. As far as I can tell.

I mean, I ain’t no doctor, what do you expect from me? I’m just some kid who happens to be smarter than Stephen Hawkins…

In case you’re wondering, I’m smarter than him because I made the Deus Ex Machina. That’s what I named my personal "portal" to Equestria.

I named it that because, in a story, it would be a total Deus Ex Machina. I mean, how else could you explain a human in Equestria? Random death? Heaven? Pinkie Pie farted and out came an egg with a banana bearing a human with a supercalafragialisticexpialodocious? No! Just go right out and call it the thing it is: Deus ex Machina!

Anyway, back to what’s going on right now.

I sit up, and look around the - cabin? What? I was pretty sure I programmed it to drop me off in the Everfree Forest. I at least wanted to scare the shit out of a few ponies, I mean; I brought my skin-tight suit with me! I was going to walk around like Slenderman and scare the shit out of people before I actually went into Ponyville! Damnit…Well, at least I get to jump right into friendship.

I sit up, and swing my legs over the bed that I’m on. I instantly recognize this room as Fluttershy’s bedroom, which begs the question: where was she sleeping while I was here?

I stand, and pick up the bag in the corner. In it are all the things I wanted for this trip: my iPod, my iPad, a mobile charger, a few books, a bag of human food, my headphones, the aforementioned skin-tight suit and a handgun. Yes, a handgun. It only fires tranquilizer darts. It was for in case, during my reign as the Slenderman, I found a few other nasties. As to how I got those things, the portal is called the Deus Ex Machina. Do you really thing it wouldn’t let me have whatever I wanted, when I wanted it?

Anyway, I decide that I’ll slip out of the house before Fluttershy gets back. Wouldn’t want to be a burden on her, would I?

I try to sneak downstairs, but the sneakers I’m wearing make that a tiny bit difficult. They’re my favorite sneakers, but they make quite a lot of noise when one attempts to tip toe. I immediately gain the attention of six ponies, and realize that I wouldn’t have been able to sneak out, anyway.

“Oh, you’re awake,” Fluttershy says in her silent voice. “Nice to see you’re okay.”

I nod, and sweep my eyes over the six ponies: Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, and Twilight. “I’d love to stay and chat, but I’ve got something to do,” I say, smiling. I don’t know how long I’ve been here, and despite being so Deus ex Machina, there’s one key flaw with this system: It keeps the world I’m in under constant emulation. In real life, I’m strapped into a chair. Almost like Total Rekall. But, besides that, if I don't inject myself with the syringe in my pocket, my mind will not be able to switch between the mind of this program, and the mind of my physical body. And, pretty soon, it will start to blur the lines of reality against simulation.

“Nuh-uh, you’re not going anywhere!” Rainbow Dash declares, immediately tackling me to the ground. I can’t say that I’m surprised, but I can’t say that I didn’t just have a mini heart-attack.

“Rainbow! What are you doing?” Twilight cries, immediately prying her off of me with magic.

“Stopping it! It’s obviously trying to hurt somepony! Look at this thing; it’s a freak!” She cries in return.

“Well, thanks for boosting my self-esteem,” I interject. I attempt to bite my tongue, but I can’t resist. “Now, if you’ll excuse me, there’s a pony who is waiting for the cold edge of my blade and the seductive allure of my duct tape. Might even be you, my fine-ass feathered friend." Yeah, I've got a filthy mouth. Too much Dexter. Well, that, and being a sixteen year old male. Human. Sentence. I know how to make. Complete.

This time, it’s Twilight who restricts me, but with magic, and to the wall. “You had better be joking,” she growls, glaring at me in a manner that makes me want to scream 'HOLY SHIT DON'T HURT ME'.

“Yes, I am, I don’t even have a knife with me,” I explain, raising my hands in surrender. She frowns, and lets me down from the wall. “Now, if you’ll excuse me, I have got shit to do. Such as not dying.”

“Excuse me.”

I turn to the source of the voice, and I see a very pouty Rarity. “How dare you use language like that, especially in front of a lady!”

I roll my eyes, and point to my pocket.

“I have an aqueous enzyme solution stored in a hypodermic syringe in my pocket. If I don’t inject it directly into my nervous system; I could die. Would you like to have my blood on your hands-er, hooves, Rarity? Or would you rather let me leave for the time being, so I can not die?” A cold sweat covers my body. I just said her name, I just used her fucking name! If that isn't suspicious for a life form that has never been seen before in Equestria, then maybe taking my cock out and proclaiming that it creates cereal is.

Rarity sighs. “Very well, then.”

I hastily walk to the door, which is, once again, magically barred.

“How d’you know her name?” I turn, and see the ponies closing in around me. Applejack hangs her muzzle scarily close to my nose, and growls at me. “Are you goin’ t’ tell us, or am Ah gonna have t' extract it from ya'?”

I laugh nervously, and glance at each pony in turn. Rarity has a look of pure confusion, as if she doesn’t know what to make of me. Rainbow Dash and Applejack are in my face, angrily glaring at me as if I’ve committed some sort of crime. Twilight is frowning in concentration, as if attempting to unravel some kind of mystery. Fluttershy is leaning back, yet closing in, almost as if she doesn’t want to threaten me, but doesn’t want to be the odd one out, either. Pinkie Pie is simply smiling at me, almost as if I should be treated as a friend.

“H-Hey, I mean…She’s, uh, she’s famous, right? Made a bunch of dresses, and stuff? Y’know? Like...In Canterlot? Right, T-Twilight?” I stammer, trying to explain away the issue.

That only awards me with more frowns, and a look of fear from the lavender unicorn. Rainbow Dash takes over, her wings expanded to a menacing width that causes my knees to feel like they’re made out of jelly. “I don’t trust you,” she growls. I smile nervously as I reach desperately for the door handle. “Yeah, well, I don’t trust myself very often, Rainbow Dash,” I stammer, trying to keep them away so I can use my medicine/program/thing. I resist the urge to facepalm by slamming my face against the door. I JUST USED HER FUCKING NAME! I have seriously got to stop that...

I suddenly begin to breathe heavily, as I realize that the mental toll of simulating a world is starting to take effect: black lines appear around my vision, and I feel as though I’m about to pass out.

“Please, just let me take the medicine,” I grunt, struggling to retain consciousness. The world wriggles, as if it’s coming into and out of focus. In reality, it’s actually phasing out of existence, and is attempting to enter a secondary emulation, in which every action and reaction is treated as a variable, and then executed within seconds upon my awakening. This includes variables here, and variables in Canterlot. In a way, it’s the most extensive network of AI’s, ever.

I brace myself against the door, and jam my hand into my pocket, searching for the syringe. I pull it out, and bend my neck at an extreme angle, using my middle finger to locate my lymph node. I’m about to inject myself, when I feel a small drop of liquid on my neck.

I bring the syringe up to my scant vision, and I feel a thud in the pit of my stoomach. The syringe was cracked when Rainbow Dash tackled me. The impact of it against the floor and Rainbow Dash’s hoof against the glass was probably too much for that one weak spot: the label. All the enzyme must have leaked out, and been immediately dried up by my jeans. I wouldn’t have noticed it, as this particular enzyme is dry except for the part that liquefies on contact with skin to sterilize it.

The overbearing question in my mind right now is:

Why the fuck did I make the syringe fragile? And why was this simulation so damn realistic in how the good guys always get screwed over?

I drop the syringe, and to my knees. The world is quickly fading, and I’m beginning to see equations and numbers and variables, rather than ponies and walls and actions.

Finally, it all goes black, and my dreams are filled with random assortments of bell curves, probability graphs, derivatives, and that small string of code that helped create the Singularity of the beings within this simulation.

A single value has been changed within my precious code, and it continues to change.

I don't have much time left. I have to get to the executive override, and activate it, or else my mind will truly forget what is reality, and what is simulated. I'll never be able to go back home, unless something happens that forces me to remember.

The variables disappeared as my brain's will to preserve itself kicked in, and the lines slowly began to blur.

Chapters Next