• Published 19th Nov 2012
  • 4,743 Views, 575 Comments

Trapped - Gylden Glor



Without that precious program in this simuation, I find myself trapped.

  • ...
32
 575
 4,743

PreviousChapters Next
Resurrection

"Be ready for anything that comes out," Twilight cautions as Celestia is escorted from the room by her Royal Guard. I nod, and stand by the blade that represents the Element of Sacrifice, ready to use it should this turn sour. I take a deep breath, and watch as Twilight approaches the egg.

"I'm going to speed this up," she announces. "It'll be a few seconds before it hatches, so get ready, everypony."

Rainbow Dash glances back at me, and I give her a nod of encouragement. She frowns before returning her gaze to the egg, and entering a readied stance.

Twilight's horn glows, and a glow envelopes the egg. After a few seconds, she retreats, readying herself as her tiara of Magic gleams in the soft glow of candlelight.

"Ready," she cautions. I tense, ready to either attack or flee.

Just then, the egg begins to deteriorate, and eventually opens.

What lies in the remnants of the egg shell shocks the us into immobility. Twilight approaches the sleeping being, and gulps as she examines it.

The baby dragon opens his eyes, and looks up at Twilight. The lavender unicorn leans against the podium that the baby dragon is resting on, and blinks in astonishment.

"Twilight...?" The baby asks with a yawn.

"Hello, Spike," Twilight says, softly. We all approach the podium, as well, and watch as the unicorn bursts into tears, embracing her son, telling him that she loves him and that she was sorry she never said so before now. Spike hugs her back, adding to the total of tears that gather atop the podium.

"I was so scared," Spike whimpers. "I felt a pain in my neck, and then everything went black...all I saw was...black..." He shudders as he recalls his time spent as a formerly living being. "And I heard things, terrible things...I heard animals being tortured, and a voice, saying a single name over and over again..."

I frown, and approach him. "What name?" I ask, even though I already know what that name was.

"Grendel."


"I don't know!" I cry, exasperated as Celestia continues to interrogate me. "You keep on asking me these questions that neither of us know the answer to!"

Celestia shakes her head, and frowns. "That isn't good enough. We need to know what happened to Spike."

I sigh, and wrack my brain for a probable answer. And then I remember: I'm in Equestria. Land of magic and unpredictability. The most probable answer is actually the least probable here. I have to think of something outside of the box. So, I wrack my brain for answers that would appear in a work of fiction, and a lightbulb goes off.

"Maybe Grendel absorbed Spike's soul," I suggest. "And perhaps...When I sealed Grendel away, I set Spike's soul free?"

Celestia remains silent for a few moments after my ridiculous suggestion, and I shrug. "Fuck, man, that's the best I can come up with," I sigh.

"How'd you arrive at that conclusion?" She asks, quietly. I shrug.

"I dunno, I just decided to take a stab in the dark, really...I mean, I guess because Spike said he saw darkness, heard tortured animals, and Grendel's name, which isn't very common, well...I just kinda assumed that it's what happened."

Celestia nods. "Why tortured animals?"

"Grendel killed animals to feed on pain. They were easier targets."

She nods again, and sighs. "Well, that may be the best we have to go on. Which means that this may actually be Spike, and not some kind of copy..." We share a short moment of silence, before she speaks up once more. "But we can't just jump to that conclusion. He may still be dangerous, despite the miracle of resurrection taking place before our very eyes...so, if you don't mind, I would like for you to continue to stay at Twilight's library, and to send me constant updates on his status. And never let him out of your sight, Peter. If you see him trying to sneak away, follow him. Keep your tranquilizer gun with you if you do, so you can defend yourself. And, Peter?" I nod, and she sighs. "Do not, and I repeat do not hesitate to kill him if it should come to that."

I nod, and she dismisses me. I exit to see that the ponies are all watching me, nervously, and that Twilight is still holding Spike.

"Hey," I say as I close the door behind me. "You guys ready to go back to Ponyville?"

"What did Celestia say?" Twilight asks, cautiously.

"If she wanted you to know," I respond, carefully, "she would have called you in."

The lavender unicorn simply nods, and sighs. "Let's go, everypony..."

With that, we all leave the castle, with me bringing up the rear as I lug along my barrel and the blade within. Rainbow Dash decides to join me at the back, and she smiles at me as we walk.

"So, I'm assuming you won't tell me what Celestia told you to do," she remarks.

"She wants me to keep an eye on Spike," I tell her. Rainbow Dash looks at me in surprise, but smiles after a little while.

"So, what else do you have to do?"

"I've got to stay with Twilight, until we can determine what's up with Spike."

"So, you'll be living with Twilight?"

I shrug. "Kinda, yeah. But you can stay in the guest room with me. I mean, if you want to."

"Oh, yeah, definitely," she responds with a small smile. "I'd love to stay with you, actually."

I nod, and we continue to walk to the train in silence. Rainbow Dash continuously looks to me, blushes when I look at her, and looks away, as if we're kindergarteners with a secret crush. I shake my head in confusion, and decide to ask her why she's acting so weird later. I mean, it's not like our relationship is any secret. Then again, nopony knows about how we made love earlier today...

But I have more important things to worry about right now. For example, the fact that Spike is currently snoring in Twilight's lap as we ride along in the train. That's not worrisome, but it lowers my suspicion of him.

Perhaps everything will just go back to being normal? Well, as normal as normal gets when Pinkie Pie is currently standing on the ceiling to examine a broken lightbulb.

We arrive at Ponyville in the late afternoon. Rainbow immediately goes to get Scootaloo from school, which I'm starting to think is rather unnecessary, as Scootaloo is perfectly capable of coming home on her own, and Twilight and I go off to the library, Spike sleeping in my arms as we walk.

"Thanks," Twilight whispers as I place Spike down in his basket. I smile with a nod, and she gives Spike a kiss on the forehead. We then go downstairs, and she sets about getting some dinner ready for all of us. I volunteer to help out, and we have a long conversation about science. For example, we discuss the impact all of this may have had on Spike's nervous system, and we eventually shift over to electricity and neurological to mechanical electric conversions. Eventually, we end up on the subject of the wings that Tech had given me, and we discuss possibly having Rarity make some nanofibers.

I'm starting to enjoy my intellectual conversation with Twilight, and we're starting to joke around with each other a bit. For example, when she gets snappy about the difference between an electron and a beta particle, I throw a handful of salad in her face.

She, in return, overturns a bowl of mushrooms on my head, and sets about cleaning up immediately after.

"Okay, no more jokes," she announces, just as I drop a handful of cracker crumbs into her mane. She frowns at me, and I shrug.

"I hate you," she growls, before moving the crumbs with magic. "But, seriously, we need to make some dinner. Rainbow and Scootaloo are going to be hungry."

I nod, and, as if on cue, Rainbow Dash arrives, Scootaloo in tow.

"I'm starving!" She announces. "You guys making dinner or what?"

"Depends," I reply, leaning out of the kitchen. "Do you like unicorn meat?"

Rainbow Dash frowns, and shakes her head. "Don't even joke like that, Peter," she sighs. "Especially not in front of Scoots."

"It's fine," Scootaloo sighs as she walks over to me. "I thought it was pretty funny. Hi, Peter."

I smile, and reciprocate the hug she gives me. "So, how about you wake up Spike so we can have some dinner?"

Scootaloo frowns at me. "That's not funny, Peter. I was at his grave, remember?"

I blink, and chuckle as I remember. "That's right, you don't know. That egg in the basement? Spike hatched from it."

Scootaloo's face explodes into a smile, and she runs up the stairs to see the baby dragon. A few minutes later, Scootaloo is still upstairs, and I decide to go find out what's going on. "Be right back," I announce, even as Twilight sets down dinner before us. I climb the stairs, and walk over to where Scootaloo is standing just above the sleeping dragon, frowning lightly.

"You okay, Scoots?"

"I don't think I should wake him yet," she mutters. "He was just killed and resurrected. He's had a rough few days, hasn't he?"

I smile, and nod. "Yeah, you could say that."

"So, we should let him rest, right?"

I smile, and pat her on the back. "That would be for the best."

She smiles up at me, and I motion for her to follow me. "C'mon, dinner's waiting."

"I want to stay with him..."

I turn, surprised. "Huh?"

"I wanna stay with him," she repeats, blushing lightly. "I missed him a lot, and I don't want to leave his side now that he's back..."

I smile, and nod. "I'll bring your dinner up."

With that, I descend the stairs, and join my friends. I explain the situation before bringing Scootaloo her dinner. When I rejoin Twilight and Rainbow, we begin to eat.

When we've finished, I stretch, realizing that I'd like nothing more than to take a nice stroll with Rainbow Dash. However, I can't let Spike out of my sight, lest he turn into Cthulhu. Which is ridiculous, I mean, this is Spike we're talking about here! There's no way Spike could be dangerous, right?

Right?

Whatever. I suggest to Rainbow that we take a walk, and she agrees, rather enthusiastically. Why, exactly, she's so damn enthusiastic about a simple walk, I'll never fucking know.

As we walk along the river on the outskirts of Ponyville, she remains oddly silent. I spot a flat stone by the river, and I bring her over to sit down.

"You okay?" I ask, softly, wrapping an arm around her as she rests her head on my shoulder. She sighs, and instead of answering, wraps her forelegs around my waist.

"I just wish we could spend more time together," she sighs. "Y'know, alone. Like this."

I smile, and kiss her on the forehead. "We'll have plenty of time to be alone," I tell her. "Don't worry, sweetheart."

She sighs, and I force her to look at my face. "I promise," I whisper, before kissing her firmly. We make out for several minutes, and I don't stop until she does.

"K, I'm good," she announces, before standing and stretching. "Let's go."

I blink in surprise, and raise an eyebrow at her. "The fuck you talking about?"

"Well, I can't be emotional and clingy in front of anypony," she informs me. "So I decided to be clingy here, where nopony can see me."

I nod, and she kisses me on the cheek. "We can still cuddle tonight."

I smile, and we continue our walk, moving onto different topics of conversation, such as Spike.

"I really don't know what to make of it," I admit. "It's very confusing. I mean, how could a dead dragon come back from the dead?"

Sh shrugs. "If I knew, I'd be the smartest pony in the world."

I chuckle lightly. "Yeah, I guess. And you're far from being the fiftieth smartest pony in the world..."

She frowns at me. "Are you calling me stupid?"

"Naawwwwwwwwwww," I say. "I'm calling you a fuckin' genius!"

She punches me in the shoulder, and I laugh. "Fuck you, Peter."

"Love you, too, dear, gentle Rainbow Dash."

She laughs, and shrugs. "Whatever, you fuckin' nerd."

I stop walking, and dive at the cyan Pegasus, wrestling myself onto her back so that I can sit squarely behind her wings. "I ain't no nerd, foo!" I cry. "I'm a super nerd, mother fucker! Get it straight!"

She growls at me as I grasp her mane. "Now, onwards, mine fine steed! Bring me to mine place of dwelling, down yonder!"

She rolls her eyes, and yelps as I tug at the hair in my hands. "Get off!" She cries, bucking in an attempt to throw me off. I stand no chance, and end up flat on my face in the dirt.

When I stand, I sigh in content, and smile at Rainbow Dash. "Ah, I love you, Rainbow," I say with a large grin. "You're the best."

She raises an eyebrow, and laughs as she walks past me. "You are one weird guy, Pete," she informs me. I smile, and follow her, all the way back to the library.

"Yo," I call out as we enter the library. "Who's ready to sleep?"

"Me," Scootaloo yawns. "I'm going to sleep with Spike tonight."

All of us stop, and stare at her. Twilight's blush is visible, and she shakes her head. "Yeah, no, you're not. In fact, on that note, I'm bringing you home to your mother. Come on."

"Awwwwww," Scootaloo moans. "Please?"

"No!" Rainbow and Twilight cry at the same time. They exchange a glance, before Rainbow grabs Scootaloo's hoof, and walks out with her. "C'mon, Scoots. No offense, but there's nowhere for you to sleep tonight."

"Fine," Scootaloo sighs. "I'll sleep at home tonight...Big meanies..."

I watch as Scootaloo follows Rainbow, telling the cyan Pegasus her home address so she can safely find her way home. Twilight and I shrug, and the lavender unicorn proceeds to climb the stairs to her bedroom. "I've been through a lot today. Good night."

I nod, not needing any more explanation as I open the door to the guest bedroom, enter said guest bedroom, walk over to the guest bed in the guest bedroom behind the door to the guest bedroom, and take up the guest sheets to my guest chin in the guest bed in the guest bedroom behind the door to the guest bedroom.

I almost immediately conk out after making several hundred more useless sentences with a thousand instances of the word "guest" in them. I honestly have no idea what to expect from the world, as.................

.....

..........

What? Did you expect me to finish my sentence? I'm asleep, asshole. Duh.

Fuckin' weirdo.

Whoever you are.

PreviousChapters Next