• Published 19th Nov 2012
  • 4,749 Views, 575 Comments

Trapped - Gylden Glor



Without that precious program in this simuation, I find myself trapped.

  • ...
32
 575
 4,749

PreviousChapters Next
"Breach"

"Get the prisoner out, now! There's been a breach!"

I jump away from the door, shocked by what I'm hearing. "A what!?" I call through the rapidly opening door.

"C'mon," A Changeling hisses. "We've gotta get outta here, into the bunker."

"What's going on!?" I cry, my heart hammering in my chest as the Changeling tugs me along.

"The virals got past the perimeter!" I start to ask what in the fuck that means, but the Changeling stops me short. "I can explain later, right now, we've got to wait until the Emergency Team kills 'em off."

My head is fucking spinning. The world is just flying past in a blur of color and motion as I'm dragged along. It's not until several minutes into my apparent flight from...stuff, that I manage to think of a good question.

"What about Scootaloo, and the Queen and everything!?"

"They're priority! So are you; we'll be meeting up with them in a few clicks! Speaking of which, there they are now - hurry up!" The Changeling doesn't even stop to catch a breath as I sprint alongside him, my eyes wild with fear and panic as I stop before them.

"Princess, Queen! Are you alright!?" The Changeling next to me demands.

"Yes, we're fine," the one I'm assuming the Princess is responds. "But we lost Ethan on the way here. Now, come, we must run!"

As we run through the apparent royal excavation route, the Queen asks for a few stats. Speaking of which, the Queen is keeping up a relatively good pace, considering the fact that her eyes are milky with creeping death.

"What's going on at the gates!? How did this happen!?"

"Twelve killed in the initial attack, my Queen. Ten more in the second, and the rest taken up. There are reports of a dragon viral."

I hear the Queen swear under her breath, but I pay it no mind. I don't know what the fuck is going on, but when I hear that twelve uber-powerful Changelings were killed, I tend to fucking panic.

"Scootaloo," I pant as my feet slap against the stone floor, "are you okay?"

She doesn't answer. I glance between her and the hallway before me, concerned and determined to reach safety.

Safety from a threat that I didn't even know existed.

"Only forty more yards," I hear a new voice announce from behind myself. "We've only got-"

As the voice is cut off by a sound that I can only describe as drowning, I look behind me, and see that there's a Changeling tearing that Changelings' neck open. My eyes widen as I take in the beast: it must be one of the virals. Its body is completely black, yet its eyes glow with a deep yellow of hatred. I feel my stomach churn as the neck spews out green blood and the muscles contract in the spasms of death, and force myself to look ahead as I run, a new vigor filling my legs as I realize the truth of the threat.

"Fuck!" I hear someone shout. "We're all fucking dead!"

"Just shut the fuck up and keep running!"

I clench my teeth as I keep my eyes on Scootaloo. I can't let anything happen to her...

My eyes widen as a "viral" descends upon her, grabbing her by the leg. Scootaloo doesn't even scream, she just looks shocked.

The world slows, and I stop, holding my hand out towards Scootaloo in a pathetic attempt to save her.

A split second later, I'm holding her as I run, the viral having been slammed into the wall.

"What was that!?" Scootaloo cries, her voice strangled as she struggles to understand what the fuck is going on.

That feeling is mutual.

"I dunno," I pant, my legs burning and my eyes watering. I cough as I realize that we're getting covered in smoke.

Something is burning.

"Go, go; get the Princess and the prisoners out of here!"

As I feel my energy begin to fade, and my legs begin to fall into uselessness, I look down at Scootaloo, who's still in my arms.

I have to keep going! I can't let those...things get to us!

I have to stop as I find myself at a dead end. I place Scootaloo down, and instinctively make a cross as I hear the growling of my death coming up behind me. Scootaloo whimpers, and I turn to face the threat.

I make the mistake of looking down. Looking down at the orange filly, crying against my leg as several dozen of these fucking things, all bleeding and disfigured, creep down the hallway towards us, apparently in slow motion.

"Peter...are we going to die?" She asks, tears running down my leg from her eyes.

I clench my teeth, and feel a lump form in my throat. Something in the back of my mind takes over, and I growl:

"No."

With that, I return my attention to the roiling mass before me, and cup my hands by my side. I shout a few syllables, the sounds simply tumbling from my mouth as if it were second nature, and thrust my palms forward.

The next thing I see is a flash of blinding light, and a textbox that reads:

Function "Kamehameha_Wave" executed. Recalculating variables..."

I don't have time to piece together what that means - or what any of this fucking shit means - as the world goes black.

Author's Note:

So, what'd you think?
Hm?
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM?

PreviousChapters Next