• Published 19th Nov 2012
  • 4,749 Views, 575 Comments

Trapped - Gylden Glor



Without that precious program in this simuation, I find myself trapped.

  • ...
32
 575
 4,749

PreviousChapters Next
Her Journey Begins

Forenote: this starts a few days after Peter, Rainbow, and Metamorpha arrived back in Canterlot.

I cast yet another unsure glance at the piece of paper and wad of bit-bills, still neatly held by the rubber band.

It's been two days since the Diamond Dog attack, and after organizing the small amount of things that survived the destruction, I've been...unwilling to spend the money left by the individual that saved my life.

I've never liked being a charity case, and this is no different. I've only used money that I've either earned or cheated out of other ponies. But when I'm just hoofed money...it makes me feel uncomfortable.

With a grand sigh, I pick up the money and count it out. Five hundred thousand bits...the letter claims that this is barely a dent in his wallet...

I look over the note again to make sure I didn't miss anything.

It seems as if I have, but it's of no significance: it says that if I can't find Peter in Canterlot, he'll probably be in Ponyville.

I shake my head as I fold up the letter. Who is this Peter, and why is he so keen on meeting me? Why did he leave me so much money, and instruct me to purchase an enchanted carriage for easier travel? The questions I have flood my mind - but I'm unable to really do anything about it, now, am I?

I shake my head. The only way to find out is to use the money as I was instructed, and to go to Ponyville. If I can't find this Peter there, I'll go to Canterlot.


Later...

I shiver as the post script passes over my mind like a fog. The future of Equestria rests upon your shoulders, Trixie. I cannot stress that enough.

It hardens my resolve a bit more as I step into the carriage, which immediately begins to move. I let out a small yelp of surprise as it does so, and see that it's following the path to where I instructed it to go: Ponyville.

I nod to myself as I sit on the rather comfortable couch. With all that money, I was able to ensure that I'll be traveling in comfort. Of course, all magical carriages are expensive, so the comfort goes without saying.

I feel my legs shaking, and I take a deep breath to calm myself. For the first time since my first several, experimental performances, I am scared. Because I'm scared that whatever it is that's waiting for me at the end of this path is going to be...

Terrible...

I shudder as I draw into myself a bit, trying to convince myself that the post script was a simple hyperbole. I truly hope it's nothing so drastic...

Author's Note:

Expositionism? Don't mind if I do!

PreviousChapters Next