• Published 19th Nov 2012
  • 4,734 Views, 575 Comments

Trapped - Gylden Glor



Without that precious program in this simuation, I find myself trapped.

  • ...
32
 575
 4,734

PreviousChapters Next
The Apple Blooms

I wake up with a yawn, and I blink away the haze as I look at the pony in bed next to me.

I smile as I watch Rainbow Dash breathe in complete peace. I rest my hand on her belly, which is starting to bulge a bit. She stirs at the contact, and I smile as her eyes flutter open.

"Good morning," I whisper to the cyan Pegasus as she yawns with a stretch.

"Good morning," she responds as she scratches the back of her neck. "What's for breakfast?"

I chuckle lightly as I kiss her on the cheek. "I'll go make some pancakes."

She nods, and drapes her foreleg over her eyes to block out the light. I smile as I pull the blinds closed, which had recently been letting in the moonlight. She grumbles in gratitude we she burrows deeper into the covers.

It's been one month since the "Changeling Massacre". In that time, we've attended a memorial, and then returned to Ponyville. I bought a house down on the ground, because I realized that, towards the end of her pregnancy, Rainbow is going to be bedridden, and being up in the clouds isn't the best place for that - especially if you need a doctor at a moments' notice.

I haven't gone up to Canterlot to work yet, as Rainbow and I have been decorating my new home. And watching after Scootaloo, of course. But today, I'm going to go up to Canterlot, and with four acquaintances.

I slowly open the door to Scootaloo's bedroom to check on the three Cutie Mark Crusaders. I smile as I see that all three of them are fast asleep: after getting all excited about today, they couldn't fall asleep until late into the night. I decide to let them sleep as I slowly close the door, and quickly cast a sound-and-smell proof spell on the door, so they won't be woken up by me making pancakes.

I walk into the kitchen, wondering about today. Sweetie Belle, Apple Bloom, and Scootaloo all asked me if they could go to work with me today: they want to see if they can get their Cutie Marks in tech.

Rainbow Dash is coming, too, mostly because she wants to see where I work: she said that, if we're getting married, she should see where I work at least once. I agreed with gusto.

I take out a few pots and pans, prepare five plates, and get to making pancakes. As I finish the mixture, and start to pour it into the heated pan in several globs, I feel Rainbow's hooves wrapping around my torso from behind. I smile as she rests her cheek on my back, and rest a hand on her hoof as I use telekinesis to flip the pancakes so I can focus a bit on her. We say in place a bit, enjoying the embrace as we both remain silent. She kisses me on my cheek, and I feel her hoof sliding down my torso and towards my pants. Her hoof slowly finds its way under my elastic waistband, and-

"Morning!"

Rainbow Dash jerks her hoof out of my pants with a small yelp, and I immediately set upon normally flipping the pancakes to hide our activities from the child behind me. I pretend to be focusing on the pancakes to hide my blush, and Rainbow does, as well.

"'Morning," I respond to Sweetie Belle. She walks over to the stove, and smiles as she sniffs the air.

"Ohhh, pancakes! Want me to set the table?"

"Sure," I respond as I hand her a stack of plates. She nods as she carries them to the table. "They awake yet?"

"No. I made sure to close the door when I came out, I wanted to let them sleep." With that, the young unicorn leaves, plates bouncing slightly on her back.

I nod, and Rainbow Dash sighs as the filly leaves the range of earshot.

"That was close," she mutters under her breath. I nod. "I just hope she doesn't say anything to Rarity about it..."

I can't help but snicker at the thought. Rainbow kisses me on the cheek, and informs me that she'll be in the shower. I nod, and Sweetie Belle enters the kitchen as Rainbow leaves.

"Can I help make the pancakes?"

I frown as I look down at her for a split second before returning my attention to the pancakes. "I dunno. Would your sister be okay with you using a stove?" Sweetie Belle shrugs in response, and I sigh as I shake my head. "Nah, they're almost done, anyway...could you go check and see if Scootaloo and Apple Bloom are awake yet?"

"Sure. I'll be right back." With that, she disappears, and I'm left to finish the pancakes on my lonesome. As I finish the fifteen pancakes, (three for each,) I pile them onto a plate, and bring them into the dining room. I place them on the table, and frown as I realize how long Sweetie Belle's taking. I cast a one-way listening spell to see what's taking her so long.

"-and Rainbow was about to give Peter a hoof job!" I hear Sweetie Belle whispering. The other ponies giggle, and I blush as I let the spell go.

"Great," I mutter to myself. The again, that's what I deserve for trying to eavesdrop on a bunch of kids...

I lower the sound and smell proof spells on their door, and lightly rap on it with a knuckle. "Pancakes are ready," I announce. The door immediately open, and I'm almost tripped by the three ponies that run out of the room. I shake my head with a chuckle as I pull the door closed, and join the three fillies at the table.

A few moments later, Rainbow joins us, a towel wrapped around her mane as she sits at the table. Scootaloo's mouth hangs open a bit as she stares, and Rainbow cocks an eyebrow at her.

"What? Never seen a mare with a wet mane before?"

"No, I've just...never seen you like that before," Scootaloo admits. "It's sorta girly for you, don't you think?"

I snicker a bit, and Rainbow casts a venomous glance at me. I shut up as I finish my pancake, and Rainbow spears one of her own.


"Rainbow, can you put the dishes in the sink? I'm going to hop in the shower."

"Sure. Uh, maybe you kids should take a shower, too - we'll be going into Canterlot soon..."

"Soon?" I hear Scootaloo ask. "How soon? We wanted to hang out for a bit before we got going..."

I chuckle lightly at Scootaloo's protests to leaving so soon after waking up. Rainbow sighs as she reminds them that I've got to get to work, so it's not based on whenever they want to go: it's based on when I have to go. I don't do anything to correct her as I pull some clothes (made by Rarity) out of my dresser, and prepare to take a shower.

I decide to plug my (rarely used) iPod into my speakers so I can listen to music whilst I shower. I put on my custom "shower" playlist, which cycles through songs such as "Rock You Like a Hurricane," "Bulls on Parade," and "When the Day Met the Night."

I start up the shower and set it to 95 degrees, thankful for the use of buttons rather than a dial to determine temperature. I sigh in the comfortable stream of water, and start to sing along to the Skyrim Theme Song.

In Dragon, of course.

"Dovahkiin, Dovahkiin, Naal ok zin los vahriin, wah dien, vohkuul, mafaeraak ahst vaal..."

I pass the rest of the shower singing like that, and make sure to restrict the time I spend under the water: sometimes, I get distracted by the music, and can spend as much as an hour just singing or humming along to whatever song is on...


Thankfully, I finish the shower after fifteen minutes, and I'm ready to go within ten - I dry off, brush my teeth, yadda yadda yadda...

I turn off the speakers, and walk out into the living room. Scootaloo gets up to take her shower, and we begin the waiting game.


An hour later, we're walking through Ponyville, thoroughly cleaned and prepped. I make sure to keep up a brisk pace, so I don't drive the kids insane with waiting...

When we reach the train, I present my VIP pass, and we all board the train. Rainbow and I sit next to each other, and the three kids sit across from us. They ask me what we'll be doing, so I take out my iPad to show them.

I recently worked with Twilight on reprogramming my iPad, and incorporating a bit of magic into it. Now, I can take whatever I display on an app called "Magic Design" into the real world as a magical hologram, which I can zoom in on, alter, and view at different angles. It's incredibly awesome.

I pull up the hologram for my most recent project, which is a videogame controller that a pony can use.

"It would use magic to project an image of the controller into the pony's mind," I explain. "So long as the pony holds the orb, they can use the controller as if they were actually holding it, and using fingers: if they want to press the triangle button, it does it for them. It's incredibly complicated, but as far as I can tell, it will work. So, later on today, you three will get to try it out! How's that sound?"

"That sounds awesome!" Scootaloo shouts. "That sounds like it'll be super amazing, I can't wait!"

I smile at Scootaloo, and the three fillies start on a conversation about what we're going to do, and makes plans about what they'll be doing.

Eventually, we arrive in Canterlot, and we file off of the train. Once we're off, we take the route to the castle, the fillies all looking around in amazement as we walk.

"Hey, look at that!" Sweetie Belle exclaims, accidentally tripping Apple Bloom as she shoots her hoof out to point at a shop. "Peter, what's that place?"

I look, and I smile. It's the hardware store that Tech set up after he retired from his position as Head Techinician of Canterlot, passing the job onto me. I always make sure to ship the latest developments to him first: he's one of my best friends in this city of stone.

On the exterior of the hardware shop, there are several displays, run by magical gadgets that can all do convenient and useful things. With the colors of the plastic casings that the aesthetics department made, and the bright screens on some of the devices, it looks almost like a dream world.

"It's a close friend's shop," I announce. "C'mon, let's go in."

"But don't you have to get to work?" Rainbow asks me.

"I can show up whenever I want," I remind her. "I'm the boss, remember?"

Rainbow grumbles something about it not being fair underneath her breath, and Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo all gaggle and giggle as I lead them into the shop.

As I open the door, a bell jingles, and I hear something being put down with a clang. "Yes, just a minute..." I grin as I recognize the accent. Tech walks out a door in the back, and I admire how spacious the store is as he fails to look up at me. He's a genius, but he has his quirks.

"Let me just settle some zings, ya?" He announces. "Now, what can I-" His voice trails off as be sees me, and his face spreads in a grin. "Peter! What a pleasant surprise!" He walks around the counter, and shakes my hand. He shakes the hooves of each of the children, and of Rainbow Dash. "I take it zat you are Rainbow Dash, ya? Peter has told me quite a lot about you!"

"Oh yeah?" Rainbow asks with a smirk. "I could tell you a thing or two about him, you know."

I chuckle lightly, and he addresses each of the fillies. "So, I take it zat you are Peter's friends, ya?" I resist the urge to sigh at his insistent use of the word "ya." We got into a quarrel over that one time, when I wasn't in a good mood...

"Yea!"

"We're the Cutie Mark Crusaders!"

"We're trying to get our Cutie Marks!" Scootaloo, the first to speak, collapses under the weight under Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle.

"Well, I'm afraid you can't find zem here, little ones. You zon't look like you'd enjoy ze work I do around here...and besides, I must-" We're interrupted by an explosion (that makes me jump like a little bitch) coming from the back room. Tech cringes, his teeth showing as his pupils shrink to the sizes of pin pricks. "Get out!" He cries. "Get out, now! I must attend to mine experiment!"

I usher all of them out, my heart beating like mad as I start to panic.

"Will he be okay?" Rainbow Dash asks. A zap of lighting from inside gives me the answer as we all leave.

"He'll be fine...this sort of stuff happens to him all the time..." I sigh as I motion for them to follow. "C'mon, let's get outta here, before the cops come...again." They nod, and we hurry up to the castle.


As we enter the castle, I bring them to a more or less secluded area of the pristine palace. By the time we get there, Scootaloo's practically shaking in excitement.

"Ohmygoshit'sgoingtobesohitechandamazing!" She exclaims. I raise an eyebrow at her as I approach a rather normal-looking door.

"We're here," I announce. I reach into my messenger bag, and pull a key out of the bag. I insert the key into the lock, turn the key, turn it again, pull the key out, and...

I open the door.

So hi-tech, right?

"Oh, this isn't hi-tech at all," Scootaloo grumbles, rather disappointedly.

"Just wait," I order as we walk into the room. A desk is on the left wall, with papers that I've never had a reason to touch neatly stacked atop it. Everything is coated in a fine layer of dust.

Well, except for a part of the far wall. I approach it, and press my hand to its surface.

Immediately, the wall melts away, and reveals a computer screen. All the ponies gasp, and I smirk as I operate the hologram that is magically forced from the screen. After aligning the puzzle sphere so I can properly use it, it cracks open, revealing a digital keycard. I take it from within the nexus, and walk over to the desk. I pull out the middle drawer, put the keycard into its receptacle, and stand back.

The desk is pulled back into the wall, and what is left is the opening to an underground chute.

"Where does that go?" Rainbow asks.

"Into the center of the mountain," I respond. "It's a fun ride, in all honesty. And quite safe. It was originally built as a military bunker, and I made a few...renovations, to make this room a bit more interesting."

"So...we just slide down?" Rainbow asks.

"Yes," I respond.

"How do we get back out?" Apple Bloom mutters

"You'll see..."

They cast weird glances at me, and I smirk as I take my position by the mouth of the slide, and let myself go down.

As I ride down the slide, another magical hologram follows me, and I smile as I read through a few logs documenting the progress made on several projects. I let out a small cry of satisfaction as I see that we've made considerable progress on the M.S.C. - Massive Storage Crystal. It will act as a sort of Internet for the ponies, in that any device with a similar crystal in the circuitry will be able to connect to it, and, by extension, to each other.

I swipe my hand through the hologram, causing it to disintegrate. I cross my arms as I wait for the ride to come to an end.

As I'm ejected from the opening at the end of the slide, I stabilize my descent with a bit of magic, and then descend into the pool full of uber foam blocks. For recreational purposes.

And science...

I laugh as I flail around, attempting to make my way through the see of cubes. Circuit Break's head pops up at the end of the pool, and I smile as he watches me with an air of intrigue.

"One of the smartest beings alive in Equestria, and he uses a good amount of a grant from Celestia to make a giant fun slide," he remarks. "Bravo..."

I smirk as I pull myself out of the pool, and watch in amusement as Rainbow Dash falls out of the tube. "Well, what d'you expect? It makes me think harder."

Circuit Break shakes his white head, and watches as Rainbow flies out of the pool. I smile as she alights before me.

"Hi," she breathes to Circuit Break and myself, apparently exhilarated by her ride. As she sits down to collect herself, she casts a nervous glance at her belly, before looking up at the three screams that come in conjunction with one another as the Crusaders descend from the skies. She turns her attention to me. "I thought that hologram stuff was new, Peter..."

"For my iPad, yeah," I respond. "But here, it's not. I made it, with Circuit Break's help," I wave a hand, and that serves as the introduction, "and installed it all over the damn place. Celestia has one in her bed. We're waiting until we've found a way to make a more normal, practical use for it, so the public will actually have some sort of use for it..."

Rainbow nods, and I smile to myself as I hear the excited shrieks of the fillies as they jump through the blocks. I lean back with a relaxed sigh as I take in my surroundings, as I haven't seen this place in more than a month...

It's not anything like the cave you'd think it'd be. Well, it is a cave, but it's full of life, not just rocks.

The ceiling has been disguised with magic, and appears to be a smooth surface of marble. Light floods in from the cave's mouth, which is disguised from the outside by magic. It would allow for the military to see enemies without being seen.

In our case, it allows for us to have a relaxing view without being spied on.

A river runs through the cave's floor, and empties out at the mouth of the cave. The river is formed by an underground waterfall, which is supplied by the castle's sewage treatment plant. (Don't worry, the water here is magically cleansed.)

Grass grows along the earthy floor of the cave, and mushrooms join the trees and flowers that sprout up here and there. Several buildings lie within the cave, all serving as buildings for technological experimentation.

In a way, it's an underground biome and village.

I smile as I stand, and help the three fillies out of the block pool. Circuit Break introduces himself, and we all walk to a complex by the foam pit. I smile as we enter the air conditioned building, and immediately snap a finger to bring up a holographic screen.

After selecting the right things, I press the "execute" button, and the interior of the building shifts from white-washed walls, to homely entertainment room.

"Whoa," Scootaloo breathes. "This is amazing!"

"It's mostly magic," I inform her. "I can save the file to the database when I'm done with it, and then magically recall it to replicate the environment. Now, I think it's about time we get started, hm?"

The three fillies nod, and I look to Rainbow Dash for approval. She's still staring at the room, mouth hanging open as she takes it all in.

I chuckle lightly as we start our work. The first thing I do is call up the cabinet file, which has recently been refilled, apparently. I immediately retrieve the supplies and tools I need, and we get to it.


Four hours later, I've finally finished making the fucking thing. While it may be magic, I have to place the objects I want to save to the environment in the complex first: I save the environment as a file, and when I start a new one, the objects disappear. Once I reload them, I can add new objects, change the old opens, or take them out. But if I do, it automatically saves, to prevent any sort of glitch with the system.

The cabinet is a base file that can be loaded and dismissed at will. Removing an object from it causes it to save without that object. You can also add more to it, and it will save that, as well.

Basically, they're like files in a computer, but due to the laws of physics, you can't just copy and paste them. If you want to make something again, you've got to supply the program with the exact amount of materials that you used to make it in the first place, at which point it will use the to recreate the ghost file.

But that doesn't matter right now. What matters is that I'm pulling the spherical controller out of the shell I used to model it with. I grin to myself as a few sparks of magic arc between the holographic construction agents (HCAs) and the sphere. I turn, and pull the program out of my iPad. I then insert into the computer in the sphere, and immediately, I can see a controller in my minds' eye. I mentally press the power button, and the console the controller is linked to beeps to life.

"Yes!" I shout in victory as the television shows its start screen. "Alright, who wants to try it?"

The controller is passed between Scootaloo, Apple Bloom, Circuit Break, and Rainbow Dash. They all use it to operate the menu, except for Rainbow Dash. She uses it to crash the system.

"How in the hell did'ya manage to do that?" I ask as I snatch the sphere from her. I reverently place it next to the console, and back away with a sigh. "Whatever...did you kids enjoy yourselves?"

The three of them grin, holograms floating about their heads in each of their custom configurations. Each of them were working on an individual project, and made something special.

"I made this!" Scootaloo announces, holding out a cube to me.

"What is it?" I ask as I accept it. Almost immediately, it springs to life in my palm, glowing with a strange glow. "Oh, it's a light?"

"Yeah! And I told the computer to make it fly around you with magic!" Scootaloo chirps. I smile at my success: I made the programming interface so simple, a child could use it. I let go of it, and it keeps hovering in place. I grin to myself, and that's when the fun begins.

It projects the time into the air, as well as the date, the temperature immediately surrounding the cube, and a smiley face. I smile to myself as I grab it again, and it immediately turns off. I give it back to Scootaloo, and she turns it back on again, watching it float about her with an air of amazement.

"What'd you make?" I ask Sweetie Belle.

"I tried to make something for Rarity," she responds. She holds out a flat disk to me, and presses a button on the side with a hoof.

Immediately, the form of a pony sprouts into the air, and I gape in amazement as she uses it to design a (crude) dress. "Yo, that's genius!" I cry. "Using the character designer for a videogame to design a dress...Sweetie Belle, this is amazing!"

The white unicorn blushes as she saves the file by passing her hoof through the check button, and starts a new one by touching the button that looks like a mannequin. I grin to myself as she turns it off, and I ruffle her mane. "That's amazing, Sweetie Belle. I eat she'll love it."

The white unicorn blushes again, and I turn to Apple Bloom last. When I ask her what she made, she procures a gray apple.

"What's it do?" I ask.

She turns the stem, and it comes to life.

The gray turns red, and then projects a hologram about it. My eyes widen as I see what she made.

"It's a computer interface," I breathe to myself.

"Yeah. Ah decided t' try t' make somethin' that gives ya' options fer' what t' do! Ya' can either record somethin' you say and save it as a file, or ya' can play a lil' game, or ya' can take a picture, or ya' can write somethin' by usin' a hologram pen, or ya' can-"

"Apple Bloom," I gently interrupt her, "this is awesome. We've been so focused on entertainment and design purposes that we haven't thought of any practical use for them. This solves a problem we've had for a while..." I cast grins at the three of them. They really grasped all of this incredibly quickly. Much more quickly than I had developed it. Magic plus technology was difficult for me at first, unfortunately...

"So, how would you like if I let the three of you keep those things, but I also incorporate them into this?" I ask, pointing at the apple. "I'll make copies of it, and the three of you will get one fourth of the profit."

The three fillies gasp in excitement, and I quickly make a file off to the side that saves ghosts of all three of their inventions in a compiled folder.

"Really? They're that good?" Apple Bloom asks.

"Yeah," I respond. "We can call it...The Apple!"

Apple Bloom gasps, and there's a bit of blinding light. Once it clears, I see that she has a new image of a chromium apple plastered onto her anus cheeks.

"Ah got mah Cuite Mark!" Apple Bloom shouts. I get a sudden idea as Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle congratulate her.

"I'll call your thing the Scoot-Apps, and I'll call your designing app the Sweet Designer." The two hold their breath, but no Cutie Mark appears for either of them. "Well, I'm sure you'll get them soon enough..."

I sigh as I straighten up, and check the time using the holograms around Scootaloo's cube. (I haven't made a watch yet 'cus I'm a moron.) I frown as I see that it's barely even noon yet, so I yawn as I stretch out.

"Well, today was a good day," I announce as the three ponies giggle, and Rainbow Dash profusely congratulates Apple Bloom. "What d'you say we head on home?"

"What!? But Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle still don't have their Cutie Marks!" Apple Bloom shouts. "We've got to get 'em together, Peter!"

I smile at her devotion to her friends. "Tell ya' what - let's keep making things, alright? That way, you can all get your Cutie Marks if you make something that lets you do something you love."

The two ponies nod, and immediately start on making new things. I decide to go for a walk with Rainbow Dash as they work, and Circuit Break opts to come with us.

"I think you should stay here with the kids," I mutter, both concerned for their well-being and longing for privacy. "Uh...is anypony else here?"

"Yeah, Lightning Arc's locked herself in the third complex," he responds. "She's still working on that thing..."

I sigh at the prospect, but shrug. "So, nopony else is here?" I ask.

"No."

I nod. "Alright, Rainbow - I wanna show you something I made for the two of us."

She nods, and we leave the first complex before going directly into the second. Once there, I load up my private file.

The world immediately comes into focus, and Rainbow gasps as she sees that it's a room full of romance: a jacuzzi, a hammock, a bed, and a fireplace.

"I call jacuzzi!" Rainbow shouts. "You can get the bed!" I frown as she climbs into the jacuzzi, her tongue lolling out as she lets it massage her body. I approach her, and she frowns as she spreads her wings protectively. "I said, I call jacuzzi."

"Can't we share?" I ask with a suggestive smirk. Rainbow blinks, and blushes as she shrinks back with a nod. I grin to myself as I strip down to my skin, place my clothes on the small table by the jacuzzi, and slowly join her.

As I step in, Rainbow sidles over to me, and leans against my nude body, rubbing her wet fur against my equally wet skin. I smile as I wrap an arm around her, and sit in absolute bliss as the water bubbles up around us. Neither of us make a sound as we sit in utter and complete relaxation.

Of course, biology ends up causing us to do something a bit...more energetic.


As I quickly dry Rainbow and myself off with magic, I don my clothes, and sigh as I kiss her on the cheek.

"We should have underwater sex more often," I whisper. She giggles as she kisses me back.

"Damn straight we should..."

I grin, and close the file as we leave the complex. We go into the first complex, and see that Scootaloo is zipping about on a scooter with a magical jet booster on the back that allows her to fly.

"Looks like you've got the hang of it!" I shout, mostly out of fear as she clips right past my face.

"Damn straight! I even got my Cutie Mark - look!" Scootaloo stops the scooter in front of us, and Rainbow and I gawk at the image of a scooter. We both hug her as we congratulate her, and then look to Sweetie Belle.

"Nothin..." The unicorn mutters, tears forming in the corners of her eyes.

"Don't worry, we'll stick with you until you get it!" Apple Bloom promises. "An' we can get Diamond Tiara an' Silver Spoon t' stop pickin' on ya'!"

"Yeah!" Scootaloo shouts. "And we'll still try everything together - I don't wanna lose the fun of the old days, y'know?" Sweetie Belle grins at the prospect, and we determine that it's about time to head on home.

"Let's get goin'," I announce with a gentle smile, after I've bid farewell to Circuit Break, and tried to talk to Lighting Arc. "Your sisters'll be waiting for you."

The three fillies nod, and Apple Bloom holds her Apple, Sweetie Belle holds her dress designer, and Scootaloo holds her patented Mega-Scooter as we all approach the way out.

"Alright, everypony on the elevator!" I call.

"Why didn't we just take the elevator before?"

"Because the slide's more fun," I respond with a grin. As if on cue, I hear a loud laughter, and I watch in amusement as Celestia crashes into the pool of foam cubes.

"I heard you had come back to work," Celestia announces as she joins us on the elevator, her mirth from the ride still giving her a case of the giggles. "I decided to see what you were working on...oh, Scootaloo, Apple Bloom, I see you got your Cutie Marks!"

"Yes, your majesty!" The two shout.

"Sweetie Belle?"

"Not yet, Princes..."

"Ah, well...keep trying. I didn't get my own until I was fourteen!"

Rainbow and I look to the Princess in shock. I guess relaxing a bit causes her to open up...

As the elevator begins its climb upwards, Celestia observes each of the filly's creations, whistling and "oooh'ing" in appreciation. By the end of the ride, she's giggling, and I'm starting to detect the slightest scent of alcohol.

"In any case, enjoy!" She calls out as she trots from the room. She giggles to herself as she hums a merry tune.


"Apple Bloom, ya' got yer' Cutie Mark!" Applejack shouts as we drop the filly off. Apple Bloom nods with a grin, and the two sisters embrace.

"Scootaloo did, too!" Apple Bloom chirps. "Wanna see what Ah made t' get mah Cutie Mark?"

"Of course!"

"Show her in the barn," I remind the filly as we walk away, ready to drop off Sweetie Belle. Applejack sets about gathering the present family to observe The Apple.

Next, we drop Scootaloo off, and it's then that I notice that the sun is starting to set. Have we really been gone for that long...?

After the uneventful drop-off (discounting the grin of excitement as she learns of Apple Blooms' and Scootaloos' Cutie Marks), we head back to my house.

Once there, I cook dinner as Scootaloo plays with her Mega Scooter outside. Rainbow hugs me from behind as I cook.

All in all, it's a good day.


I collapse into bed with Rainbow Dash, shocked by how quickly the day went by.

I close my eyes, and immediately fall asleep: no time for ceremony...

I just hope that The Apple ends up being as successful as it looks in my head...

Author's Note:

This is what you get when I write a chapter when I'm supposed to be studying.
Enjoy.

PreviousChapters Next