• Published 19th Nov 2012
  • 4,744 Views, 575 Comments

Trapped - Gylden Glor



Without that precious program in this simuation, I find myself trapped.

  • ...
32
 575
 4,744

PreviousChapters Next
Hungover

Mmaahehadfoehadf.s.sdfpoafhwefo hfslakfj fsa.fwef owfjfohoewfg asefhweaf jwef.wf wefoiaw hfoawehgwaeofjsaofjsdaofwehafjwef owefowefnweofjweao jewoifjsf sdlfjsfwf awoifseaf wusfpoiwej fwsdf sdafweoifj aspofjsdaoifjweoifjsdofjwsofewfojfweoifj weoifjweaof ghweoifdjwsofjweaogjfwof jweaofhweoifjslfhwaof jweofjweafhosdfosdhfosefjaeofjweaofjweajfwefjwefwfghofjweoifjofjofjsdofj wsofjdfmsdlkjf osdmf ksdnfksdf jeflseajf wefjwe pojfodfj sdojfwsdf jweofj wsafjosdfgjweojf oweahfose fwsejfj sdjf sdhfosdjfowe wefoiwefjwefwefwjoiwefjowajf owfhwefjweoifhpojh9r3yr982r92r7 98u9382 y29rh weofh we9ru wof ....

That's the general gist of what goes through my mind as I wake up.

The barrage of pure confuzzlemuzionment and profound lack of intelimegence is actually astounding. I can't even look into a light without having to cover my eyes....

I just wannsa 0-9wr0qr[wr[ojihdpjdosd[oi43iji'arajfsd'kljfsdafdjaofhsafrahoifhweqofhsudofsdfsdhfhudsdsfhdufdshfsdahfsdahfdshfsdupihiusafhufdfshdafdshfdhfdsahfsdfsdahfsdahfsdahjfsdsdh fsh jfsfsdjfsd ljfsd hsd lhfsd ljfsda 'hj......

Oh, my aching head...

"Good morning, Peter," I hear. I wince at how ridiculously loud...whoever it is that's saying that is.

"Ugaahgaha," I believe I say. I'm not sure.

"I see you're feeling well," the feminine voice snickers.

"Fuck you," I mumble. I feel an insurmountable amount of hatred for whoever is speaking rise up within me. "Just leave me alone...Stop being so loud...Turn off the light, please...Ugh..."

I hear a snickering. "See, kids? This is what happens if ya' drink. Now, Ah want y'all to promise me that you'll never look like this guy, here."

I hear three young voices say, "yes, Applejack..."

So. Fucking. Loud.

"Doesn't anyone have any ibuprofen?" I ask, struggling to focus as I take deep breaths. I don't know how to overcome a hangover, as I'm pretty sure that's what I'm experiencing right now, but I've had a migraine before, so I'm accustomed to people sawing my brainz open.

"Ibu...profen?" I hear a southern accent ask. Might be Applejack. Then again, might be Lori, Rick's late wife. "What's that, sugarcube?"

Probably Lori.

"Painkillers," I explain. "Like...Motrin? Advil? Tylenol?"

"Oh, you mean like Pain-b-Gone?" I hear a squeaky voice ask. I wince, and scoff at whoever spoke. "Not so loud...My head is killing me..."

I hear pills rattling, and I silently mutter in gratitude, "pills here..."

I feel a canister hit my knee, and I grasp it, attempting to shake some pills out. However, it's to no avail, as the cap is still on.

"Can...Can you take the cap off?" I ask, squinting as I struggle to see who it is that stands before me. I'm eventually able to see the world as it is once more, and I notice that it is a cyan Pegasus.

"If you can get that bottle open," she says with a smirk.

I grimace. "You do know I have fingers, right?" With that, I proceed to open the bottle. It doesn't even have a child-safety lock: it's just a simple twist off.

"Well, you're obviously not that hung-over," Rainbow Dash says softly.

As if on cue, I feel something...Bad. Just...Bad.

And then, I lean over the edge of my bed, and hurl.

Fortunately, the ponies have set up a trough next to my bed, so it simply pans out throughout the...pan.

"Eugh, gross!" I hear, as well as several gags. I look over, and see that there are three young foals, all frowning at me in disgust. They all immediately turn to Applejack, and begin promising like they're talking to some sort of holy mother.

"We promise, we'll never drink, Applejack! Never, ever, ever!"

I hear a small "hmph." "Never, ever, ever?"

"Never ever ever ever ever ever ever!"

I hear a small chuckle. "Well, shucks. But Ah've still gotta show you one thing. Mostly for you, Sweetie Belle."

"Really, darling, is this necessary?" I make out Rarity's form, frowning at Applejack. "In all honesty, I don't think Sweetie Belle needs to see Twilight in this state..."

I perk up, but my head pounds as I sit up. I press a hand to my forehead, and I feel something get thrust into my hand.

"Peter, take this pill," I hear Rainbow Dash say softly. "Go on, babe. Take it. It'll get rid of the headache."

I look to her with a scowl, and she snickers lightly. "Peter, you're so cute when you act pissed off..."

"I hate you so much right now," I mutter as I take the painkillers. They almost immediately work, and I feel the haze slowly lifting.

"Whoa," I say. "What in the hell are in these things?"

"They're magic," Rainbow Dash explains. "Twilight would probably know more about it than I do. It has something to do with numbing the nervousy system with the magical sparky stuff...I dunno. But it sure works within ten seconds flat!"

I nod. "Yeah. But I still feel like my liver is going to implode..."

With that, I hurl into the trough once more. Rainbow pats me on the back, but pulls back as Applejack just so happens to turn around.

"Rare, look, Ah 'ppreciate the sentiment, but she's gotta see what alcohol does t' a unicorn."

"We've been at this for a good five minutes," Rarity sighs. "Just show her the poor thing, already..."

I look over, curious to see the effects of a hangover on a unicorn. Applejack pulls apart the curtains, and I see Twilight, fast asleep.

Rainbow Dash has a sharp intake of breath, as if in shock. I frown at her. "I don't get it," I mutter. "What's so bad about Twilight being asleep?"

"She's not just asleep," Rainbow Dash whispers to me. "Look at her horn."

I oblige, and I strain my eyes to see the minute details of her horn. At first, all seems normal. "I don't see-"

And that's when I notice it.

The horn seems to alive with inflamed, vein-like lines coursing throughout its surface.

"What's up with her horn?" I ask.

"I don't exactly know, but what I do know is that her horn is connected directly to her brain. Like, super directly. And because of that, it gets physically messed up by a hang over, and not just mentally, or in terms of her powers."

I take a deep breath. "Must suck to be her...Thank God she's asleep, though..."

Rainbow Dash nods, and Rarity immediately pulls shut the curtains around Twilight's bed.

"Applejack, please, stop showing her atrocious state to these poor girls!" Rarity whines.

Unfortunately, as she whines, her voice pierces my very being.

The medicine is already wearing off.

"Apparently, your 'magic medicine' works in and for ten seconds, flat," I mutter, rubbing my head as the pain comes back in full force.

"That's weird," Rainbow mutters. She reaches over for the pills, and immediately throws them in the trash with a sheepish grin.

"Theeeeeyyy were a bit past their expiration date," she says with a shrug.

"How long ago did they expire?" I ask. I wince as Pinkie Pie joins into the conversation over yonder. "Can't they be quiet..."

"They expired, uh...Two years ago," Rainbow Dash says with yet another sheepish grin. I simply stare at her. I feel like leaping out of bed and choking her. But that would require physical action, which I don't really want to do. Ever.

"What'ver," I mumble, rubbing my aching temples. "Could you close the curtains? I'm going to get some sleep..."

She nods, and immediately pulls the curtains around the bed shut. I lay back with a hefty sigh, realizing that it did nothing to block out the sound.

"Could you get my bag? I wanna use my iPod and my headphones..."

She nods again, and leaves, only to return a second later with my bag in her mouth.

"Anything else?" Rainbow asks, softly. I'm surprised by the lack of sarcasm in her voice.

"Uh, no," I respond. "You can go talk with everypony, if you want. You don't have to stay here."

She sighs as I put my headphones on, and I hesitate to turn on my music. "You okay?" I ask.

"Well...Remember how you stayed at the hospital for me?" Rainbow responds as I take off my headphones. "I...Shouldn't I stay here, with you? I mean...I ant to be here for you, and I feel like I should..."

"Well," I respond, "if you want to, then I don't see why not."

She smiles at me, and immediately crawls into bed, right by my side, and wraps a foreleg around me.

"Whoa," I remark, "switching the roles, eh?" Rainbow Dash giggles, and rubs my shoulder with her hoof. I simply smile, and put my headphones to the side as I snuggle into the cyan Pegasus.

"Go to sleep, Peter," Rainbow Dash whispers. "I'm right here, sweetheart."

I smile at how emotional she's acting. "Since when were you so sappy and soft, Rainbow?" I ask as I nuzzle her chest. "It's cute..."

I can tell that she's blushing, even though I can't see her face. Her accelerated heartbeat tells me everything I need to know.

"Shut up, Peter..." She mutters. I giggle softly into her chest, but stop as my head pounds again.

"We need to switch spots," I say, urgently. She immediately flips me over, putting me closer to the trough on the floor. I spew the contents of my stomach into it, gasping for air as I dry heave.

"God, I fucking hate being hung over," I mutter as my brain gives me another good ol' kick in the head. "I'm never drinking again..."

"That's the spirit," Rainbow Dash says with a snicker. I give her the finger over my back, and end up having to explain what it means.

"Oh, okay," she says softly. She snuggles into my back, and wraps her hooves around my waist. "Is it okay if I hold you like this? It doesn't hurt or anything?"

I smile with a small chuckle. "It's fine, Dash..." I mutter as my eyelids begin to feel heavy. "I'm going to go to sleep..."

What I say next should be punishable by death.

"Wake me up when I'm hungry..."

With that, I fall asleep, a heavy sense of shame weighing down on my entire being.


Note from the Author

If you can't tell, I'm writing a few "happy" chapters to break the pace of the seriousness. For those of you who want sincere plot development and whatnot, don't worry, I'll get back to that. I just don't want to heap it all on too fast. Pacing is superior, especially when crazy shit like Grendel and Spike and stuff just happened. I need a bit of time to flesh out the character's reactions to it, so that way, when the plot starts up again, you can actually make a definitive link between how they reacted, to how they act in certain situations due to radical changes in who they are and what they believe in. So expect a fair amount of nonsense, just to break the pace, but also expect a fair amount of character development, in which you can understand why they do something because of one small thing that would otherwise go unnoticed, etc., etc.

PreviousChapters Next