• Published 19th Nov 2012
  • 4,749 Views, 575 Comments

Trapped - Gylden Glor



Without that precious program in this simuation, I find myself trapped.

  • ...
32
 575
 4,749

PreviousChapters Next
Attached

I smile as Rainbow Dash wakes up with a grunt.

"Well, good morning, sleepy head," I chirp as she sits up. "How would you like some breakfast? I've already eaten mine, so you can go ahead and eat yours."

The cyan Pegasus rubs her eyes, and stretches with a yawn. "Fuck you, Peter..."

I sputter at the sudden remark. "What the fuck did I do?"

She shrugs, her unkempt mane draping over her shoulder and curling in that cute morning fashion. "I felt like it."

I shrug as well. "Good enough. Now, come on, before your cold cereal gets cold."

She sighs, and begins to eat, lazily dipping her spoon into her bowl and chomping on the cereal.

"I didn't think there was a lazy way to eat cereal," I comment, "but you've obviously proved me wrong."

She scowls at me, and waves a little something in front of my face as a threat. "Don't make me remind you of what happened last night."

I blush. "No, thank you."

In case you're wondering what happened last night, I woke up in the middle of the night to find that I had somehow wrapped my arm around the cyan Pegasus. So, I was snuggling with her in her sleep. I felt like burning my arm off when she woke up, and saw me, awake, with my arm wrapped around her.

"But you can't say you didn't enjoy it," I remark, rather pointedly. "Don't think I don't remember those looks you gave me yesterday."

She sighs, and looks down at her cereal. "Peter, can you just stop talking so loud? My head hurts..."

I frown, and coax her into laying down on the bed. "You should lay down for a while," I say as I pull the blankets over her. "You could also use some sleep. Your body has to heal itself."

She sighs, and looks up at me with pleading eyes. "Can we at least go outside for today? So I can get a bit of fresh air? I'll gladly sit in the wheelchair..."

I give the issue some thought, and decide to press the nurse call button. The nurse appears after a few seconds, and I explain Rainbow Dash's terrible predicament to her. She hurries off, and comes back, saying that Rainbow has been approved for a day outside.

I thank the nurse as I help the groggy, and very unsteady, Rainbow Dash onto her wheelchair. As she sits down, she slumps back, as if it's the most comfortable thing in the world. I frown, concern taking over.

"Dash, you okay?" I whisper.

"Yeah...Just...Tired..."

I nod, and wheel her chair next to a bench. I decide that I'd rather have her close, and where I can make sure she doesn't fall out of the chair, so I help her up out of the chair. I wrap an arm around her for support, and help her stumble to the bench. I ease her down, and sit right right next to her, ready to react if she falls.

"Can you be my pillow?" She asks softly.

My immediate thought is that she's been changed, and that this isn't normal for her, and I shouldn't let her lean against me.

However, my immediate action is to drape my arm around her, and let her lean on my shoulder. She sighs, and snuggles up against me. She smiles up at me, and I can't help but smile back at those gorgeous, red, sparkling, shiny-

Rainbow Dash giggles and blushes, before kissing me on the cheek. My heart jumps, and I find myself unable to react to it. "Thanks," she whispers.

"Wait, for what?" I ask, befuddled.

"You said my eyes are beautiful, lover boy," she giggles.

I sigh, and close my eyes as I lean back on the bench. Rainbow giggles giddily as she snuggles into my side, and I can't help but wonder what the fuck I've gotten myself into...

"Sooo..." Rainbow whispers. "Does...does this mean..."

"There you two are!" We both look to the source of the voice. It's Twilight, trotting towards us with a small parcel on her back. "I came here to visit, and they said you were-oh. Uhh...Are you two...Busy?" She asks, blushing as she sees Rainbow leaning against me.

"No," I respond.

"Yeah, kinda," Rainbow responds. I raise an eyebrow at her, and she looks down at the ground with a blush.

"Rainbow is just being lazy," I explain. "She was going to try to walk without her crutches, but she ended up taking a nap on my shoulder."

Rainbow doesn't say anything, and Twilight nods. "Alright. Well, I brought a gift for you, Rainbow."

Rainbow Dash perks up, and pulls herself away from me to see the gift that Twilight has presented her with. She tears open the parcel, despite Twilight's warning to be careful. Rainbow gasps, and I look over her shoulder to get a view.

"Wonderbolt tickets!" Rainbow Dash cries in excitement. "And they're full-season passes! Twilight, you're the best!!! But...There's a show coming up tomorrow...How am I going to get there?"

Twilight smiles. "I've already got it figured out. I've made an agreement with Celestia: you and Peter will go up in a chariot to Cloudsdale, and you'll have private seats to watch them perform. I'll enchant Peter's shoes before he leaves, so he can walk on the clouds.

"And then, after the show, Celestia wants to make a little show of Peter, what with him being an alien and everything."

I sigh. "I hate being the center of attention," I mutter.

"Peter, you're so lucky! You get to spend time with the Wonderbolts! On stage! That's so fucking awesome!" Rainbow cries. "I would kill for a chance like that..."

I back away from her a bit. "You'd better not start now," I mutter. She chuckles, and punches me in the arm. "Shut up, Peter."

Rainbow turns back to Twilight with a huge grin. "Thanks, Twi'. I'll never forget this." I might be imagining things, but I can swear I see her point at me for a second.

Twilight throws me a small glance, and giggles. "I'm glad to help, Rainbow. And remember-you'll have a private seating area," she adds on, placing a connotative emphasis on the word "private". She winks at me before she leaves. "See ya later, lover boy," she says, both the lavender unicorn and Rainbow Dash bursting into a fit of giggles.

I blush, and shrink down into the bench as Rainbow Dash hugs the tickets close to her heart. "Oh, Peter, you're going to love the Wonderbolts..." She whispers, her voice undulating in a way that makes me blush even brighter.

"I'll take your word for it," I mutter with a smirk. "Although I honestly don't see what's so great about them. I mean, they're just the Wonderbolts..."

Rainbow sits straight up, her pupils contract into pinpricks, and her ear twitches as if her entire world was just shattered. "Just...The Wonderbolts?" She mutters. "Just the Wonderbolts!? Do you have any idea how awesome they are?"

"Relax, relax," I say, patting her on the shoulder. "I'm just joking."

She winces, and releases a breath of relief. "Oh, thank Celestia...I might have had to kick your ass..."

I chuckle. "Yeah. Might've."

We sit in silence for a few moments, Rainbow simply staring at the tickets with an air of utter shock.

"Would you stop staring at those things?" I finally say after several minutes of silence. "You're going to drool all over them, and then neither of us are going to get into the show..."

She sighs, and tucks the tickets carefully into her feathers, giving them a pat before she refolds her cyan wing. Rainbow Dash looks at me with a small smile, and I smile back, watching her gorgeous eyes sparkling in the sun's basking rays, her mane flowing over her shoulder in that cute way that gave her a tiny bit of femininity, her...

Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope.

Nope.

She scoots over to me, and I scoot a tiny bit away from her, frowning as I sense the inevitable. She comes closer, and I don't bother moving away; she'll get me anyway.

"Hi," she whispers as she comes right up to me.

"Hello," I respond. "Nice day out, huh?" I ask, tearing my eyes away from hers. Before I can react, she lies down, with her head on my lap, and her eyes staring at me.

"Why are you in my lap?" I ask, confusion coursing through my veins. "And why are you staring up at me? And why are you holding me by the neck?"

"Shut up," she whispers.

"Why-"

AND WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU KISSING ME!?

I never get to say the last part, as her lips lock into mine and I can't speak, let alone breathe. I pull back, and practically throw her off of my lap and back onto her side of the bench.

"WHAT THE FUCK!?" I cry, frantically wiping my mouth. "Oh, God, the fuck? The fuck is wrong with you, Rainbow?"

I look at the cyan Pegasus, and I see that she's beginning to cry. I'm sorry, did I say beginning to cry? I meant she's crying. Heavily. Sobbing, sniffling, tears are rolling down her face faster than I can say "I'm sorry."

"I...I thought you liked me," she sobs. "I...I thought that you...you liked me!!"

I choke on my own words. I can't even speak; I'm just too shocked.

"So...You...You actually like me?" I whisper, unable to believe that the cyan Pegasus hasn't been leading me along up to this point.

"No fucking shit, asshole!" She shouts, struggling to breathe through tears and sobs. "Of course I do!"

I don't know what to do.

The world has gone blank, and I have no idea who the fuck has taped duct tape over my ears. I feel a bomb detonate in the pit of my stomach, and I fetch her wheelchair.

"Let's go," I hear myself say. I don't remember making the decision, but I remember doing it.

I close my eyes, and when I open them, I'm in Sugarcube Corner. I don't remember walking here, and I don't remember how I knew how to get here. I see Pinkie Pie, holding Rainbow Dash as she cries.

"I...I..." I can't speak. I can't think.

All I can do is slump against the wall, let my head thump against the wall, and pray that this nightmare ends soon.

When I look back, I see seven different characters, all in Sugarcube Corner. I watch as Pinkie pushes Rainbow's wheelchair out, presumably back to the hospital.

"Peter, how dare you?"

The words are like thumps of a cannon, in that I don't understand them whatsoever. I'm in complete shock.

Rainbow Dash kissed me.

I slide down the wall, and end up sitting on the floor, my body bent practically in half as I play with my fingers, watching them interlock and come apart, trying desperately to solve this puzzle.

Why did she kiss me?

And why do I care so damn much?

And why am I crying?!

I raise a hand to my cheek, and wipe the liquid off, watching the drop of salty tear water roll down my finger, and drip onto the floor.

"Peter," I hear.

I look up, searching for an answer in this world of questions. All I see is Applejack, staring right at me from above. "If ya' care 'bout RD enough ter' cry over her, then why'd ya' push 'er away?"

I look down to the floor in disappointment. Just another question. Not an answer.

But there is one answer. I'm crying because I made Rainbow cry, and I'm an idiot and I shouldn't have pushed her away and FUCK!

I stand, my limbs shaking as I lash out, kicking at the wall of the pastry shop over, and over, and over, until a hoof pulls me away.

"Why," I ask weakly as I collapse. "Why..."

I close my eyes, and I fall unconscious.

I've never been more shocked before in my life.

Any question I had that this world is real has been shattered; this place is definitely real.

A faux wouldn't seem so...genuine, would it?

Would it?

PreviousChapters Next