• Published 19th Nov 2012
  • 4,744 Views, 575 Comments

Trapped - Gylden Glor



Without that precious program in this simuation, I find myself trapped.

  • ...
32
 575
 4,744

PreviousChapters Next
Early Birds

My unrestful sleep is interrupted by a rough shove.

"Whoa!" I cry as I tumble off of the bed, and onto the floor. I rub my aching head, and notice that each and every one of my limbs are aching.

"Peter, it's time for dinner," I hear Rainbow Dash snicker. I scowl at her.

"Fuck off, bitch," I mutter as I climb back onto the bed. "How dare ye push me off mine bed!"

With that, she pushes me off again, giggling as I state at her.

"C'mon," she says, beckoning. "We're having some pasta Rarity made! She makes the best pasta, I swear...Oh, and then we're having s'mores. And then, we're telling scary stories!"

I perk up in excitement. If there's one thing I love, it's a good scare. Especially the creepy ones, which is why my iPad is chock full of saved CreepyPastas.

"Can I tell a few?" I ask, excitedly. Rainbow Dash rolls her eyes, but smiles.

"Sure," she says. "Just...Make sure they're not too scary. Y'know, for the fillies."

I let out a moan of discontent. "Fine. But after they're asleep, I'm telling you guys a few scary stories of my own."

Rainbow Dash shrugs. "Okay, whatever."

I smile, and follow her outside, where Rarity has set up an elegant table with several plates of pasta, all ready for our consumption.

"Come, sit down!" The aforementioned pony beckons. I wince as I limp over to the table, and take a seat on a log. "I heated it up with a bit of fire magic that Twilight taught me! It was quite easy, actually."

I nod, and sit next to Rainbow Dash as I pick up my fork and knife. Or knife and fork. Or whatever the fuck you prefer, you utensilst bastards.

"Oh, ravioli," I comment as I begin to dig in. "Love me some ravioli!"

"Good," Rarity responds. We make idle conversation as we eat our dinner, and watch on in stunned silence as Rarity makes the table into the size of a thimble, and stores it in a bag.

"Merlin much?" I mutter as I sit down in front of the now-present campfire. Rainbow and Scootaloo sit with me, and one meaningful glance means that we're going to skip desert.

"It got dark out pretty fast," I remark.

"Yeah, it did," Rainbow responds. "We must've slept through the majority of the day..."

I nod, and roll my shoulders. "God, I still can't believe what happened with those birds..."

"And I just don't wanna think about it," Rainbow mutters as she shakes. I can't help but chuckle.

"Let's just leave birds alone from now on," I remark. Everypony present unanimously agrees, and Rainbow stands up with a sigh.

"But let's not think about that right now," she says as she walks towards the fire. "For now, I have some scaaaaaaary camp stories to tell you..."

I perk up. Maybe, just maybe, it will be legitimately scary!

She begins to tell her story, and I quickly get incredibly bored.

"Who has my rusty horse shoe?" She asks, in a sinister voice. I look over to see that the three fillies are all shaking, and can't help but smile.

"YOU DO!" She cries, putting her hoof against Scootaloo's chest. The three fillies panic, and Scootaloo jumps in fear.

"Hey, you're not scared, are ya?" Rainbow Dash asks Scootaloo. The orange Pegasus shakes her head, and I can tell that she's lying.

Within an hour, the fillies are all asleep, or it would appear. Rainbow Dash then walks back out to the campfire with a small smile.

"Scoots is asleep," she explains. "So, what's that scary story you wanted to tell us?" Rainbow asks as Applejack and Rarity approach in curiosity. "What're you two still doin' up?"

I gesture for them to sit down. "Sit," I direct. "I've got a scary story to tell you."

Rarity and Applejack sit with a frown. "Why not tell this to the fillies?"

"You'll see," I say. I clear my throat, and begin to tell a story that I make up as I go along.

"He didn't know how long he was there. Quite frankly, he didn't want to know. All he knew was that everyday, his body told unknown tales; untold volumes of information. Each day, there were new scars on his body, and more blood decorating the floor underneath his feet.

"As he sits there, the man in the suit returns, brandishing a knife of cold malice. The door opens, and he feels the knife enter his body.

"His skin splits, slowly and painfully. He moans and screams, his blood leaking down his body, and his skin peeling back to reveal the meat underneath.

"When he can't handle anymore, the world goes black. It comes back into focus hours later, and he remembers nothing. The only thing he knows is that there are new scars upon his body, and new blood on the floor."

As I conclude my story, I see that each of the ponies is shaking. I smile in satisfaction.

"I win," I gloat to Rainbow Dash. "Looks like I scared the bejeesus out of all of you."

"I-I'm not scared!" Rainbow protests. "I...I'm just cold, that's all."

I smile, and beckon for her to follow me. "Come on, then. I'll keep you warm."

She smiles at me, and we walk off into our tent.

"Uhhhh, good night, you two!" Applejack calls after us. "Don't pay any attention to us or anythin'..."

"Sure thing," I respond. "See ya in the morning."

With that, I zip our tent closed, and lay down with Rainbow Dash. She snuggles against me, and I hold her tight.

"Good night, Peter," she whispers softly as she snuggles into me.

"Good night, Rainbow," I respond. I swiftly fall asleep, my aches and bruises sapping my strength.

About three hours later, I'm woken up by a scream from Scootaloo.

I wake up the cyan Pegasus, and told her about what I just heard.

Rainbow Dash looks at me, and turns to see Scootaloo, rocking herself back and forth on her bed.

"Scoots?" She calls out, frowning.

Scootaloo cringes, and turns to face us.

"Uhhh, hi, guys..." She says, her eyes puffy in fear. Rainbow Dash frowns, and climbs out of our bed.

"What's up, kid?" She asks, walking over to her friends' bedside. "What, did you have a nightmare about the old mare with the rusty horseshoe?"

"No," Scootaloo immediately responds. "I'm not scared! I'm never scared, remember? I'm the tough-as-nails Scootaloo!"

Rainbow Dash smiles, and pats her on the back. "Attagirl," Rainbow says, proudly. "Never let anything get to ya! Just like me: fearless!"

I raise an eyebrow, but say nothing.

"But, if that's not it, then why'd you scream?"

"Because I was hurtin' on the old mare too hard!" Scootaloo cries. "I didn't want to harm her too much, y'know?"

Rainbow laughs, and holds out her hoof, which Scootaloo meets with her own. Rainbow returns to our bed after saying "goodnight," and lays down with me.

I wait until Rainbow Dash has fallen asleep, and I slowly, and carefully, extricate myself from her grasp. I walk over to Scootaloo's bedside, and sit right by her side. I immediately notice that her eyes are open, and that she's staring up at the tent interior.

"Scootaloo," I say, softly. "Hey, Scootaloo."

"Hi," she whispers with a gulp.

"You had a nightmare, didn't you?"

She shakes her head. "Nope. Not one."

I raise an eyebrow, and rest a hand on her hoof.

"Hey, Rainbow isn't awake," I tell her. "She can't hear you. If you don't want her to know that you're afraid, I won't tell her. Okay?"

She smiles up at me, and I down at her.

"Okay, I...I had a nightmare," she admits. "The old mare was chasing me..."

I smile, and bring her in for a hug. "She's not real, Scoots," I tell her. "Everything will be okay."

She looks up to me with a small frown. "But...How do you know she's not?"

"Because it's just a story, babe," I tell her. "Nothing more. Hey, did you know, that when I heard my first ghost story, I was scared, too?"

Scootaloo looks up to me with a frown. "But you...you seemed to be fine with it..."

"Because I tackled my fear, head-on," I inform her. "I looked it right in the eye, and took it on. I compiled scientific data to prove that they weren't real. For example, a rusty horseshoe would cause the oxidization of plasma. And, therefore, she would be sick beyond being able to walk."

Scootaloo blinks, and looks up at me. "I don't get it."

I smile. "It just means that she wouldn't exist," I explain. "There's nothing to be afraid of. If you want, we can stay up until you fall asleep, and not have anymore nightmares."

Scootaloo smiles at me. "I would like that, Peter...Thanks."

I smile, and motion for her to sit up. As she sits, leaning against me, I tell her stories of grand heroes, such as Link, the fair warrior of Hyrule, and the wielder of the Master Sword.

As I tell her the story of how Link defeated the evil parasite within the Deku Tree, and then moved on to meet Princess Zelda, and gain all the Elemental Stones. I tell her of everything from Death Mountain, to of the final battle with Ganandorf.

As I finish the story, I notice that she's fallen asleep a while ago. I smile, and lay her down under the sheets. I tuck her in, and brush a loose strand of hair behind her ear.

"Good night, Scootaloo," I whisper, before rejoining Rainbow on our bed. As I snuggle up to her, the cyan Pegasus sighs.

"Scoots had a nightmare, didn't she?"

I hesitate, but nod. The cyan Pegasus sighs. "She could've told me..."

"Yeah, well, she likes me more than you," I gloat. "I guess I'm just cooler..."

"I hate you, Peter," she growls. "I fucking hate you..."

I laugh softly, and kiss her, on the lips. "Goodnight, sweetheart."

She smiles, and snuggles into me. "Goodnight, Peter."

I hold her against me, and close my eyes, smiling as I feel her chest rising and falling.


As I wake up, I become aware of a heavy weight on my chest.

I open my eyes, and see that Rainbow is curled up on top of me, smiling in her sleep. I smile, and kiss her on the forehead, before pushing her off of me and onto the bed. I smile down at her as she stretches out, assuming a new sleeping position. I stand, and stretch with a yawn, before opening the tent, and walking outside.

And then immediately diving back in, zipping it shut as birds attack our tent.

I hyperventilate as the violent squawking wakes up Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo. The birds calm down, and Rainbow Dash looks around, holding her blanket up to her chin. "What's going on!?" She cries.

Her shrill voice sets off the birds again, and she cringes.

"The birds are back," I explain. A scream from across the campsite, and a flurry of squawking, tells me that Rarity knows, as well.

"Rarity!" Rainbow shouts, setting of the birds around our tent again. Rainbow yelps, and hides underneath the blankets. I can't help but laugh as she cowers.

"Wow, and to think, you're the tough, one and only Rainbow Dash!"

"Yeah, I am!" She declares, proudly spreading her wings, which causes the birds to crazy again. She shrinks back, and lowers her voice. "But those things are scary..."

I sigh, and Scootaloo does, as well.

"What're we gonna do?" She asks, watching in wonder as Rainbow Dash quakes in her hooves.

"Well," I sigh, compiling ideas together, "they don't like loud noises, and...they broke my headphones, which renders my iPod useless, so..." I reach into my bag, and pull out the small iPod. I pump the volume up to the maximum, and put the song "Let the Bodies Hit the Floor" on instant repeat. Conveniently enough, I find a pair of AUX speakers in my bag that I didn't know I had. I immediately plug the iPod in, and open the tent flap.

As the speakers project the sound, I toss them through the tent flaps, and immediately re-seal them.

Within seconds, the birds go crazy as the singer screams, and the hardcore music starts up. They attack it, and I hear them struggling to destroy it. They eventually make off with it, and their squawking fades into the distance. I sigh as my iPod leaves.

Poor iPod. I shall never forget ye, nor the sacrifices thou hast made for me this fine-

The music returns, and with it, enrage squawking. I hear the speakers hit the ground just outside my tent, and the birds quickly resume their residency.

"Fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff-"

I can feel my rage building up. I hate these birds...

"Ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff-"

I clench my teeth, and dive through the tent flaps.

"FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YOU!" I roar at the birds, sending them into a frenzy. As they swarm around above me, I hold my arms out. "COME AT ME, BRO!" I roar, my Brooklyn blood pumping as fast as it can.

I gulp as they dart towards me. I take a deep breath, and decide to do something ridiculous. Something that probably won't work.

Then again, I'm in Equestria.

"FUS RO DAH!" I Shout, breaking a barrier in the volume of my voice that I had never surpassed. I had never screamed loud enough to make phlegm launch from my lungs.

As I shout, I literally feel phlegm come dislodged from my lungs. It's what caused me to be so susceptible from pneumonia: I never got any exercise, so mucus just built up in my lungs, and when I had a cold, the fluid would make it worse.

So, hear I am, getting it out of my system in Brooklynese Rage.

As I open my eyes, (I had clenched them shut when I had Shouted,) I notice something very important. Said eyes aren't being clawed out.

I open my eyes, and see that the birds have dispersed. They were undoubtedly scared away by my awesome shout, because I'm just sooooo manly...

"They're gone," I announce. Rainbow Dash pokes her head out, and tackles me to the ground.

"That was so cool!" She cries. "How'd you do it?"

I blush, and giggle as she sits atop me. "It wasn't that awesome, I just shouted at them a lot..."

"Nah, you fought off those birds like a total personification of awesome!"

"Rainbow," I mutter, "they were just birds..."

"Yeah, ninja birds!"

I kiss her, and stroke her mane.

"Calm down, babe, I whisper. "They're gone now, it's fine..."

She does, and steps off of me. "Besides, you're not that awesome," she mutters.

"I'm better than you," I respond. "I'm not afraid of some birds."

As I speak, the ponies leave the tents, and look around.

"Peter, how did you do it?" Rarity asks. I smile, and decide to give her a demonstration.

"Like this. FUS RO-"

I start coughing, as my throat can't handle anymore shouting. Applejack sighs, and motions towards the tents.

"Let's have some breakfast and get packed," Applejack announces. "We're goin' to th' next campsite."

I nod, and, after a breakfast of toast, we begin to pack up. Once we've packed, we start on our trip to the next campsite.

PreviousChapters Next