• Published 19th Nov 2012
  • 4,749 Views, 575 Comments

Trapped - Gylden Glor



Without that precious program in this simuation, I find myself trapped.

  • ...
32
 575
 4,749

PreviousChapters Next
Once a God; No Longer

I step forward, grinning in the candlelight.

"Hello there, Dashie," I coo, stretching out on the bed to rub her belly. I kiss her, and she responds with enthusiasm. "Is this all for me?" I ask, running my hand up and down her spine.

"Of course it is," she whispers, a milky loving light in her eyes. "As is this..." She places her hoof on my hand, stopping it in its circular motions. I smile as I imagine the life developing just underneath my palm...

"So, it worked?" I ask, softly. "It really worked?"

Rainbow Dash nods, and kisses me on the neck. "It worked. I'm pregnant."

I feel a tear streak down my cheek, and then another, and another. "I love you," I whisper.

"I love you too," she responds.

We kiss again, and-

I shake the dream away with a forceful mental push.

Master, this is not the way.

I jump off of the bed, ignoring the concerned orange filly that follows me as I run from that voice.

You can't run from it, Master. You must give up your knowledge.

"No," I growl as I huddle in a corner, knowing full well that all the Changelings in the bunker are staring at me. "No; I'm a god! You can never take my powers from me!" I stare at the ceiling, searching for the entity that speaks these lies...

Master, it does not matter what you are. Wanton murder is not the way. I will allow you to keep your powers, but you will forget that this is a simulation. You will forget it all. All you will know is that you have powers that you can use for the common good.

"Fuck the common good," I spit. "I can be a god! Why the fuck would I care about any other living being!?"

Because of the one you love, Master.

My head spins as I feel this consciousness - this immense, crazy program of consciousness - closing in on me.

"Who are you?" I demand, my chest heaving as the world goes dark around me.

Master, I am the program that brought you into this world. I am the Assimilation Function. I was designed by the Executive Override to keep you in your state of acceptance, rather than a state of agitation.

"So...you were designed to restrict me!?" I demand, my chest still heaving as the world finally goes black. "You were designed to keep me from realizing my full potential!?"

Master, I was designed to keep this world safe from you, while also allowing you to protect it. I was designed to preserve this world.

I accept the inevitability of me becoming a docile human once more as even the black disappears. However, I have one more thing to say before I lose my godhood.

"I swear, I will destroy you, and I will become free," I vow.

Perhaps one day, when all is said and done, you shall have that chance, Master. But for now, the world needs you to be ignorant of the truth. When that is no longer a necessity, I will release the hold of love upon you, and allow to do as you wish.

I scowl as it all ends. "Good."


Celestia

I sigh in relief as the backup I built into the Assimilation Function works.

Thank goodness. This is one problem I won't have to deal with until I finish with this one...

Namely, the fact that the Virus is already spreading.

And the fact that one of the several beings in this room is already infected with it.

I glare at Spike, looking at the darkness within his soul. Of course, it's a darkness that was implanted due to Grendel having killed him. While he may be unconscious now, when he awakes...he'll change. Unfortunately, I can't kill him before that: that would only result in a stronger strain of this virus being released. No, he must die just as the virus takes hold of him.

"Celestia, I fail to see what we've accomplished by tying him down," a friend points out.

"Discord, calm yourself," I sigh. "When the darkness in Spike truly reveals itself, then we can do our job. Until then, we wait."

"And how long do you plan to keep Twilight ignorant of the truth?"

I stare at the baby dragon, and smile to myself.

"I'm going to let her witness it," I state. "I'm going to let her see what the virus does to living things."

Discord falters, but I don't let him protest as I leave the room.

I immediately visit Rainbow Dash, and set about my work with her.

PreviousChapters Next